GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they stop the video where they stopped it? :( I wanted to see if it showed Amber turning the corner (visible in fullscreen mode).

Also wanted to see if that car continued on George St. or turned right, after the STOP sign.

Did you guys notice there is a Police cruiser right there in front of Dooly's -- 00:15 mark -- or is that a cab?

Looks like a police cruiser to me.

Looks like a police cruiser to me.
Yes, it is a police car. So glad you posted Elepher :) felt so lonely here, and I had many posts in a row.

In this other still image, Amber appears to be alone and talking on a cellphone.
ns-hi-kirwanvideostill-852.jpg

image source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/21/ns-amber-kirwan-security-still.html

Regarding the TIMESTAMP on that still image:
She is spotted walking near Spears Boarding House before she walks out of the camera’s range. Police say the time stamp on the video, which reads 12:50 a.m., is incorrect and believe the footage was shot between 1:30 and 1:45 a.m. on Oct. 9.

“We are looking for the public’s information, if they have any information around the time of 1:45-ish, and we are looking anyone who was there the night in question who noticed any suspicious activity to contact New Glasgow Police at 752-1941,” said MacDonald. “Suspicious means something that is out of character, something that is different, that caught your attention or someone you seen there that you never seen there before,” said MacDonald.

full article: http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-21/article-2784026/Police-release-video%3B-seek-reports-of-suspicious-activity-night-woman-disappeared/1

Google street view

• from where police car is standing : http://g.co/maps/xvqwr

• Wall where the candle vigils took place is under construction in this view

• the sidewalk in from of that wall seems to be where Amber can be last seen on the video after crossing George St.

• I see that white/yellow truck is turning left, even though the sign says "no left turn"

Hazel, on that Google street view, the truck is turning left because the road ahead was closed for construction and traffic had to take a detour.

I would like to see more video because that police cruiser was heading straight up Archimedes Street once the light turned green. It would have driven right by Amber, and presumably would not have gone very far by the time she should have reached Big Al's. So if the police were that close, I don't think someone risked grabbing her on the way up to Big Al's. She must have got into the car of someone she knew.

It looks like Amber has bare feet in that video.

Google street view

• from where police car is standing : http://g.co/maps/xvqwr

• Wall where the candle vigils took place is under construction in this view

• the sidewalk in from of that wall seems to be where Amber can be last seen on the video after crossing George St.

• I see that white/yellow truck is turning left, even though the sign says "no left turn"

• Pan right to see Dooly's

ok I followed the route and there is no way that girl disappeared in between point a and point b... no way....someone would have seen something... its damned near impossible....

Hazel, on that Google street view, the truck is turning left because the road ahead was closed for construction and traffic had to take a detour.

I would like to see more video because that police cruiser was heading straight up Archimedes Street once the light turned green. It would have driven right by Amber, and presumably would not have gone very far by the time she should have reached Big Al's. So if the police were that close, I don't think someone risked grabbing her on the way up to Big Al's. She must have got into the car of someone she knew.

Thanks Sweetbaboo, that makes total sense to me. I too agree that the police cruiser would have either turned right or continue straight up Archimedes.
I wonder why the video stops there, would be good to know for sure where the police car goes or if it stays in that same spot for a long time. The police knows the answer to that, and for some reason they want the public to focus on what they have released.

Sure looks like Amber was barefoot (left foot) and carrying her black flat shoe on her right hand. With so many people around, and even a police car so nearby, it must have been someone she knew :(

Definately was not "black flats" in that video.

they are saying the cameras are off by 50 mins so that would make it 1:40

Amber does NOT look drunk to me in that video that was released. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks Hazel,

ETA: Original post deleted as ...........

The explanation for the timestamp as noted from your link. I still think it was from earlier and that Amber is using a cell phone in the still picture.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011...-disappeared/1
Yep, looks like she went outside by herself to talk on the cell to arrange for MC to come pick her up. Must have been very noisy inside Dooly's; I read it also has a dance floor, so loud music.
On the survillance video I can barely see the bottom part of the timestamp. Hopefully they will release another version were we can see the surveillance video timestamp, and compare to the timestamp of that still frame, where she is on the cell, to know how much time elapsed between the phone call, and Amber leaving, all JMHO.

I have just heard of Amber's case. I read the entire thread, most news articles, and a few FB posts.

She needs to be found. Where are you Amber?

Great job picking up on details here, WSers.

Good catch regarding the bruise on Mason's knuckle, and scratch on his hand.

If any of his buds took any videos or pictures with their phones/camera's prior to that fateful Saturday night, like earlier in the day/evening say, I would be curious if when zoomed in, if there was brusing and a scratch there at that time.

My questions are:

-Presumably Mason had at least 1 cell phone with him, when he went to get Amber. Which cell towers were Mason's, Mason's Friend's, and/or Amber's phone pinging off, and at what times?

-How long did Mason wait for Amber at Big Al's?

-Was Mason's vehicle seen driving around looking for Amber on surveillance video that night?

-How long did Mason wait for Amber before he phoned back the (payphone/house phone?) at Dooley's?

-What was the length of time that lapsed, between calling Dooley's and Mason texting Amber's friend about her being missing?

-Why did Mason CALL Dooley's but TEXT Amber's friend?

-If Amber didn't have her cell phone, what is she doing in the surveillance video outside Dooley's (sure looks like she is talking on a cell phone to me)

-Where did Mason think Amber went that night? Did his friends ask where she was when he arrived back at the apartment (if they were there?).

-Did Amber ever stay out all night before?

-Did Mason and Amber ever have physical altercations or severe fighting as a couple before?

-What were the grounds for obtaining the search warrant for Mason's car and cell?

-Why has Mason so thoroughly inserted himself in the investigation of the disappearance of his girlfriend?

I think the time stamp is actually not "incorrect" on the video surveillance.

There are 2 separate things, a video and a screenshot of a video.

The people in the video and the screenshot look to be completely different.

There is the video of Amber leaving, which does not have a time stamp. (presumably taken between 1:30 and 1:45 am)

There is a screenshot from 12:50 am that night, showing Amber on a cell phone, probably calling Mason to come and get her.

The screenshot is not taken from the video of her leaving.

However, the Red Vehicle parked directly outside Dooley's is in both video and screenshot.

Exactly how far away was Mason, when he received the call to go and get Amber?

Why did Amber wait so long to leave the club and go and meet Mason, after calling him? :waitasec:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/10/21/ns-amber-kirwan-security-still.html

Amber does NOT look drunk to me in that video that was released. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

yeah I do, I see her stagger a few times....I think she def had more than one drink, not saying drunk but she staggered

I wonder if Mason or the friend went into Big Al's and asked the employee(s) if they had seen Amber?

Why did they stop the video where they stopped it? :( I wanted to see if it showed Amber turning the corner (visible in fullscreen mode).

Also wanted to see if that car continued on George St. or turned right, after the STOP sign.

Did you guys notice there is a Police cruiser right there in front of Dooly's -- 00:15 mark -- or is that a cab?

Apparently the video was stopped at the point it was b/c Dooly's camera doesn't have further range, or so it has been mentioned, so this is opinion rather than fact.

IMO, Amber doesn't look drunk. She seems to have a bare left foot, so I'm thinking her shoe has caused her some pain and she may be limping a bit. She's walking pretty fast and with a purpose, so imo, she wouldn't have had all that much to drink.

The car that has its break lights on at George Street then turns the corner has no choice but to turn the corner. The street Doolys is on is a one way street and George street is a one way street up to the street Doolys is on. There is a yield sign which the car on George street would have to obey. Their break lights were on alot but I am thinking if the police are sitting at the lights the driver of the turning car is being extra careful.

Police conducting door-to-door search for information on Kirwan
Published on October 21, 2011
UPDATED 11:25 a.m. Oct. 22 – The search for missing teenager Amber Kerwan is intensifying today.

New Glasgow Police are going door-to-door in the north end of the town as well as locations throughout Pictou County asking if anyone has saw anything suspicious the night Kirwan,19, disappeared on Oct. 9.

As well, a helicopter is doing air searches throughout the county.

Const. Ken MacDonald says this is just a way to attempt to get more information about Kirwan, who has not been heard from since you left Dooly's at 1:30 a.m. on Oct. 9.

Does anyone know what distance it is from Amber's apartment to Dooly's?

Is that where Mason was driving from to get Amber?

I don't think the timeline for her disappearance is necessarily from Dooly's to Big Al's.

Maybe Amber kept walking past Big Al's. Would she have been able to continue walking to her apartment, from Big Al's? What route would she have taken to get home?

Has anyone done a map of where the item that looks like a black shoe was found? How far was that site in relation to Dooly's?

Where are you Amber? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member