GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what distance it is from Amber's apartment to Dooly's?

Is that where Mason was driving from to get Amber?

I don't think the timeline for her disappearance is necessarily from Dooly's to Big Al's.

Maybe Amber kept walking past Big Al's. Would she have been able to continue walking to her apartment, from Big Al's? What route would she have taken to get home?

Has anyone done a map of where the item that looks like a black shoe was found? How far was that site in relation to Dooly's?

Where are you Amber? :(
Wondergirl, hope this map will help you a bit. It shows the "Y" where Archimedes (road Amber was walking) meets Provost (where Al's is located).
I have marked in the map the area where the "black item" was found. It sure looks to me like a black flat shoe. Nobody knows if that black item belongs to Amber or not. Nothing has been confirmed by the police.
There are very few "facts" -- people are scrambling with the little information that has come out from police. There are lots of rumours out there, and we here at Websleuths are trying very hard not to repeat those, unless we have at least a news article to support the info.

That black item apparently has been found on Archimedes, right across Elk's (a gentlemen's club), which I believe closes at 11 pm. In that image you can see a STOP sign, but locals are saying that area has undergone a lot of construction and traffic changes. Archimedes is now a one-way-street, and locals are saying there is no Stop sign there anymore. You can continue going right onto Provost towards Al's, or turn left on Provost to go back to downtown.

If you continue up on Provost, past Al's, you go to Trenton and Pictou Landing. Amber & MC rent an apartment in Pictou Landing, which is about 8 to 10 minutes drive from Dooly's.

Hope I got all this info right :) if there are any locals around, please feel free to correct any mistakes.

Here is the Google Street View link for the image below, so you can use the arrows and walk around : http://g.co/maps/hfypu
attachment.php

Attachments

• Map_black item.jpg
    Map_black item.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 180
my answers in Pink
Does anyone know what distance it is from Amber's apartment to Dooly's?
Answered above: I believe it's 8 to 10 minutes drive.

Is that where Mason was driving from to get Amber?
I believe that's what was said originally...nobody knows for sure at the moment...again, rumours galore.
That is a very crucial piece of info to establish a timeline...I do hope LE knows.

I don't think the timeline for her disappearance is necessarily from Dooly's to Big Al's.
We are all on the same boat Wondergirl...lots of possibilities...lots of theories, very few "facts".
I would have liked the video LE released to last a few more seconds, if only to discard or confirm the possibility that she willingly got onto that car we see turning right onto Archimedes, JMO. BUT I'm very confident LE knows what they are doing, and there was a 'reason' why they stopped the video for us at that exact moment.

Maybe Amber kept walking past Big Al's. Would she have been able to continue walking to her apartment, from Big Al's? What route would she have taken to get home? That possibility has been contemplated, all depends on the range of the surveillance camera at Al's. Locals said there are two cameras mounted at Al's, one pointing in the direction of the parking lot, the other one to the front of the store, but we don't know the angle, so we don't know if it would have captured someone walking on the other side of the street (sidewalk only on the right hand side). If cars were passing by at the time, they could have blocked the person walking. I'm sure LE has all the pertinent info.

Has anyone done a map of where the item that looks like a black shoe was found? How far was that site in relation to Dooly's?
Done specially for ya Wondergirl ;)

Where are you Amber? :(
Praying someone who knows something will speak up

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-21/article-2783615/Police-release-surveillance-video-of-Kirwan/1
Update - 3:45 p.m. - Oct. 22

NEW GLASGOW - Police say more tips have been coming in since a surveillance video was released Friday that shows missing teen Amber Kirwan leaving Dooly's two weeks ago.

Although no ground search and rescue crews were called out Saturday, it's hoped the door-to-door search will prompt further tips.

“We’re asking people if they may have seen anything and handing out information,” MacDonald said of the search.

“Our investigators are going around town, it’s called neighbourhood canvassing.”

Anyone with tips into Kirwan's disappearance is asked to call police or Crimestoppers.

It doesn't look like she's wearing black shoes in the video. Does she continue walking up the road or does she make a turn right? Hard to tell from the video.

I've been following this case quite a bit...very sad.

The presence of police in that video tells me that Amber left willingly. I just can't see someone grabbing her or harming her with all the people around that club, plus the police, that Amber seems to look at, than speeds up her walk. I'd say she is going too Big Al's to meet her boyfriend and hurry's up once she sees LE for whatever reason. Apparently the boyfriend didn't want to go Dooley's or couldn't and I just think Amber is hurrying to get in that car, especially once she sees LE. All just my opinion.

After watching the video clip, I wish I knew what Amber's normal gait was.

In the video it reminds me of when people have had a bit too much to drink and are focused on walking...i.e. it is a very conscious action. They lean forward and let the momentum take them; hence the speed.

Perhaps that is Amber's normal gait, but it doesn't seem too graceful.

I am concerned that LE is still so aggressively asking for tips from the public. I had hoped that they had a pretty secure case by now. :(

The presence of police in that video tells me that Amber left willingly. I just can't see someone grabbing her or harming her with all the people around that club, plus the police, that Amber seems to look at, than speeds up her walk. I'd say she is going too Big Al's to meet her boyfriend and hurry's up once she sees LE for whatever reason. Apparently the boyfriend didn't want to go Dooley's or couldn't and I just think Amber is hurrying to get in that car, especially once she sees LE. All just my opinion.

Interesting observation. BF had a suspended license or something like that so he couldn't drive at night. Amber knows this. Sees his car and walks faster so they could avoid the cops.

I would really love to know why the BF didn't go with her. I don't believe his reason for not going. There is more.

After watching the video clip, I wish I knew what Amber's normal gait was.

In the video it reminds me of when people have had a bit too much to drink and are focused on walking...i.e. it is a very conscious action. They lean forward and let the momentum take them; hence the speed.

Perhaps that is Amber's normal gait, but it doesn't seem too graceful.

I am concerned that LE is still so aggressively asking for tips from the public. I had hoped that they had a pretty secure case by now. :(

It looks like she's wobbling, imo. She walked like me when I was 8 months pregnant. That's the first impression I got when I saw the video.

Wondergirl, hope this map will help you a bit. It shows the "Y" where Archimedes (road Amber was walking) meets Provost (where Al's is located).
I have marked in the map the area where the "black item" was found. It sure looks to me like a black flat shoe. Nobody knows if that black item belongs to Amber or not. Nothing has been confirmed by the police.
There are very few "facts" -- people are scrambling with the little information that has come out from police. There are lots of rumours out there, and we here at Websleuths are trying very hard not to repeat those, unless we have at least a news article to support the info.

That black item apparently has been found on Archimedes, right across Elk's (a gentlemen's club), which I believe closes at 11 pm. In that image you can see a STOP sign, but locals are saying that area has undergone a lot of construction and traffic changes. Archimedes is now a one-way-street, and locals are saying there is no Stop sign there anymore. You can continue going right onto Provost towards Al's, or turn left on Provost to go back to downtown.

If you continue up on Provost, past Al's, you go to Trenton and Pictou Landing. Amber & MC rent an apartment in Pictou Landing, which is about 8 to 10 minutes drive from Dooly's.

Hope I got all this info right :) if there are any locals around, please feel free to correct any mistakes.

Here is the Google Street View link for the image below, so you can use the arrows and walk around : http://g.co/maps/hfypu

Thank-you, Hazel, for mapping all that out!

What a help. OMG, I did not realize the black object was found in town, on route between Dooly's and Big Al's. Wow. I thought it was found outside of town, on a side road. I was trying to figure it out this afternoon.

I am really very suprised by this. It does seem to me that it is probably Amber's shoe.

Thanks again, Hazel. :blowkiss:

In just a few minutes it will be two weeks since Amber went missing. After watching the video, it is hard for me to reconcile in my head that nobody saw Amber get into a vehicle or see something happen to her after she left the establishment. There are a lot of people milling around and a fair amount of automobile traffic as well.

Where are you Amber?

rbbm

Thank you, Hazel, for those pictures. I zoomed in as close as I could on the shoe and I don't think it's a flat black shoe. It could be, but the shape is odd. It looks to me like there's a broken heel, pushed against the middle of the sole...?

Interesting observation. BF had a suspended license or something like that so he couldn't drive at night. Amber knows this. Sees his car and walks faster so they could avoid the cops.

I would really love to know why the BF didn't go with her. I don't believe his reason for not going. There is more.

That's exactly what I thought the first time I saw the video -- that she seemed to speed up as if she saw the car. A car pulls out from the street there at the right just after she disappears from view. I wonder if that was the BF's car?

As for the BF not picking her up at Dooley's, the whole license/inspection may be the reason - but he also may know of that camera. If the BF did it, then I think it was planned.

- he had her cell phone (I'm assuming he already had it beforehand b/c having it afterwards is a sure sign that he did meet up with her that night)
- he's not seen on camera at Dooly's
- he didn't meet up with her at Dooly's (so as not to be seen with her)

I could be way off but these are just some thoughts/observations. By the way, I'm just seeing this case today, but I've read all the other posts.... It doesn't look good. :(

This should put a bit of an end on all the speculation going on regarding the video.

Of course, the exact opposite could be argued. LE wants the perp to feel comfortable that they do not have anything of value on video.

The video itself, he said, has been thoroughly examined by police.

"We can't prematurely release anything, but the video didn't show too much," he said. "We had to look for evidence of value - it's not like OJ Simpson when you release every bit of evidence you have. Once it was determined by the investigators there was nothing of value, from a police media relations perspective, we decided to release it."

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-23/article-2784601/Cops-in-car-saw-nothing/1

Well, this doesn't really give any info:
Well, it actually does! It confirms the LE cruiser went straight up Archimedes, following the same path as Amber. Also confirms it was a police car, which we had figured out, but at UC they were still deliberating.
That night, MacDonald said, the police vehicle followed the same path through the lights, but looped back on Provost Street. Kirwan was headed towards Big Al's, where she was supposed to meet her boyfriend. She never showed up.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/2011-10-23/article-2784601/Cops-in-car-saw-nothing/1
LE not noticing anything unusual, nothing out of the ordinary is also very important to know, in my humble opinion.

I wonder if the video from Al's will also be released.

http://www.pictouadvocate.com/

Monday, October 24th, 2011

<snipped>
On the weekend, the search was concentrated around the area of the Big Gut Bridge in Pictou Landing as well as Heathbell Road. Ground search and rescue teams were brought in from across the province, along with RCMP divers, to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove