CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Google Earth images of the park in different seasons using the History feature. I don't think any of these actually represents the conditions of the river this March but it is interesting to see how ice and snow change the landscape.
View attachment 131966View attachment 131967

Pictures one and two clearly show the ice that could be mistaken as solid ground, or safer to walk on.

From my understanding there is a pedestrian path beside the railway bridge that leads to Ile Perry from Parc des Batiliers and from there another pedestrian bridge that leads all the way to Laval. Ariel could have gone much further than I first imagined! Here are some pictures of Ile Perry and Parc des Batiliers in the winter. http://grandquebec.com/seductions-plein-air/ile-perry/

The witness placed him at the Parc des Bateliers at 11:25. The Parc de la Merci is next to the train tracks, and nothing places him at the train tracks.

I wonder if Ariel's family knows that Prime Minister Trudeau's brother died the same way. He was skiing down a slope towards a lake. He wanted to glide across the lake. Instead the ice cracked, he went into the water and drowned. It happens to people all across the country and from all walks of life. I don't think I've ever heard of a likely drowning perceived as a kidnapping, so I'm inclined to think that the perception of kidnapping is related to culture - a culture where kidnapping is perhaps common.

I wonder if Ariel's family knows that Prime Minister Trudeau's brother died the same way. He was skiing down a slope towards a lake. He wanted to glide across the lake. Instead the ice cracked, he went into the water and drowned. It happens to people all across the country and from all walks of life. I don't think I've ever heard of a likely drowning perceived as a kidnapping, so I'm inclined to think that the perception of kidnapping is related to culture - a culture where kidnapping is perhaps common.

Probably more common than breaking through thin ice and drowning, but I think another part is a kidnapping means he might still be alive.

Probably more common than breaking through thin ice and drowning, but I think another part is a kidnapping means he might still be alive.

We know that children who are kidnapped are typically murdered in less than two hours, so the family is mistaken in believing that a kidnapped child will still be alive after 10 days of huge media attention.

And Michel Trudeau’s body was never found. Let’s hope that Ariel can be recovered for some sense of resolution and closure.

And Michel Trudeau’s body was never found. Let’s hope that Ariel can be recovered for some sense of resolution and closure.

Exactly. With Trudeau, the water was too deep, with Ariel, the river current is too strong.

We know that children who are kidnapped are typically murdered in less than two hours, so the family is mistaken in believing that a kidnapped child will still be alive after 10 days of huge media attention.

If abducted by someone with no hiding outlets.

But some do find ways to keep kids hidden beyond a 2 hour time frame

If abducted by someone with no hiding outlets.

But some do find ways to keep kids hidden beyond a 2 hour time frame

It's not about having a hiding place, it's about an intent that the abductor has regarding the child. Typically, after two hours, the abducted child is dead.

Yes, but a child in the river is most certainly dead. A child who has been abducted has a chance of being alive, even if it is a one in a million chance. His dad said everything would crumble without Ariel, so they have to hold on to whatever shred of hope they can.

I do personally think he's in the water. But I am glad they are leaving all options open. It's the worst when they focus on one thing and miss important info in the others.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I do personally think he's in the water. But I am glad they are leaving all options open. It's the worst when they focus on one thing and miss important info in the others.

Other than the credible tip of Ariel being next to the water at the park, and no CCTV of him leaving the park, police really have nothing left to investigate. Of course they will keep open minds, but the priority is for the public to keep their eyes open along the Prairies River water systems.

This man who fell in the same river and drowned in 2017 was found 3 km away from where he fell in. I assume the current would be less strong in winter with the ice?

https://globalnews.ca/news/3594420/body-of-missing-man-found-in-riviere-des-prairies/

"Nagaswara’s family said that he fell into the river near Riviera Street while on a date around 6 p.m. Sunday.

Police, firefighters, and the coast guard searched the waters until Tuesday to no avail.

His body was carried down the river by the strong current and found about three kilometres downstream."

Hundreds attend vigil in support of Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou's family

Around 200 people gathered in a local church on Saturday night to bring a message of hope to the family of Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, who disappeared on March 12 in Montreal’s Ahuntsic Cartierville borough.

Members of 10-year-old boy’s family were in attendance at the candlelight vigil.

The video shown is the same old one. They haven't uploaded a new video.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...l-in-support-of-ariel-jeffrey-kouakous-family

Volunteers continue search for Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou
March 25, 2018

Although Montreal police suspect that Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou drowned in Rivière des Prairies two weeks ago, dozens of volunteers turned up on Sunday to continue the search for the missing 10-year-old boy.

Searches were carried out in local strip malls and behind buildings in Montreal’s Ahuntsic-Cartierville neighbourhood, while police officers continued to search along the shoreline of Rivière des Prairies.
Police will continue searching along the shore this week, said Const. Jean-Pierre Brabant, a spokesperson for the Montreal police.

He said police are considering whether to use boats equipped with sonar and a Sûreté du Québec helicopter to try to find the boy.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/volunteers-continue-search-for-ariel-jeffrey-kouakou

I think it’s a cultural thing. Even when the father was appealing for information he mentioned that for anyone who did not trust or want to talk to the police that they could call him directly on his cell phone.

Not to split hairs, but Michel Trudeau was actually swept off a ski trail by an avalanche into the lake.

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/1998-michel-trudeau-lost-in-bc-avalanche

I travel to Montreal a lot, and it is an incredible city with really cool, great people. I'm not surprised at all that they have come together with vigor to find this child. Males and water just don't mix well it seems. We hear example after another of boys and men ending up in the water, and it certainly sounds like the authorities believe this is the case with Jeffrey.

However, it seems his father believes he has been abducted. Here is an interesting article talking about abductions of Canadian children, with statistics: http://montrealgazette.com/news/que...cted-by-strangers-a-horrifying-but-rare-crime

The article states most children are abducted by family members, or those known to them. (We know that). I certainly hope the family has taken upon themselves the difficult task of noticing whether any close associates were unaccounted for during the time the child went missing....I think this would be worthy contemplation.

The time passage is very troubling. Maybe, just maybe we can get an Easter miracle for this beautiful boy. Against the odds, but praying none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patuniapicklebottoms