CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Otto

It’s a way of almost hearing your son speak to you, to get as close as you can to hear his words and feel his mood through the last person who seen and spoke to him. It keeps him alive, it’s the only way left to try to hear his voice, his words, feel his mood feel his presence.
It’s not a logical thing. It’s an emotional thing.
You’re so desperate to hear them, be near them in any way you can. It’s as if by speaking to her, you’re getting a chance to re-connect with your son again and bring him near.
It’s not based on logic. It’s a primal instinct you feel when you deeply love someone and miss them so terribly it breaks you.

If I were her, I would speak to him and give him this. It’s the right thing to do even if not required by any law or written logical rule.

The father said he wanted to ask the witness what his son was wearing. If he had said what you mention, that would be an entirely different story. Instead, he wanted to ask a question that could be perceived as challenging the witness statement and credibility.

The father said he wanted to ask the witness what his son was wearing. If he had said what you mention, that would be an entirely different story. Instead, he wanted to ask a question that could be perceived as challenging the witness statement and credibility.
As a parent, I think I would feel helpless. I would want to talk to her to feel like I left no stone unturned to find my son. As though some small piece of information that might not mean anything to the police might mean something to help find my son. Like nobody knows my child as well as me, I should be part of this investigation. (Or maybe that is just the WSer in me). Nothing to do with accusing the witness of anything.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

What if the witness is walking to the park at the same time as Ariel? What if the family decides that anyone else in the footage with Ariel is also a suspect? Given that the family is looking to hold someone responsible for their missing son, perhaps police need to protect the identity of others in the footage before sharing it with anyone.

Yeah there are tools to blur out someone or something during a video if they want to protect the identity of a person.

I like your maps! I used to post quite a few here. You include exactly what I want to see - sight lines and pathways.

It's been suggested that there were several routes to leave the park. Would you be able to do an arial view of paths leading into that specific park?
I am no good at making maps, but if you google Parc des Bateliers and zoom in, it looks like near the restaurant there are two entrances to the park.. one heads East and one West and they don't seem to connect. I am curious if they know which entrance he took. West would take him on a trail along the river eventually exiting further down near his house. East would take him to the island or away from his house.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I like your maps! I used to post quite a few here. You include exactly what I want to see - sight lines and pathways.

It's been suggested that there were several routes to leave the park. Would you be able to do an arial view of paths leading into that specific park?
These show the main pathway from the train tracks towards the Park.
I turned the map around, so it's the view from the river.

Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/j9YKkqYMCf82

attachment.php

attachment.php

path2d.jpg pathway park.jpg

The park, the timeline, the pathways.

Thank you! I got curious and started looking at the maps too.

Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/j9YKkqYMCf82

The pathway system in the second image, wouldn't Ariel have turned towards his house before reaching that area? Even if he did walk farther, if there are half as many cameras at this end of the park as there are at the other end, police have very likely scoured all the footage to see whether Ariel left the park.

I don’t think there are ANY cameras IN the park. It seems to be that all video footage has come from private homes and businesses.

There is access from:

Blvd. Gouin and Blvd. de l'Acadie

Google street view
https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5434...4!1sKnKGjCjCcnDRcwVwCHb8xA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

AND ALSO:

Avenue de St Castin (somehow I doubt Ariel would have accessed park through this one)

Google street view
https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.5439...4!1sRFz0qq9PjNCIBD22x-Lejg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

View attachment 131937

Thank you. Given what the parents have said about Ariel, I'm guessing he had taken the path from his friend's house to his house before, and would turn towards his house before getting to the location where the path splits. That is, he would typically do what was expected of him. If his father typically walked with Ariel to and from the friend's house (which we know didn't always happen) did they often walk on the path next to the river?

I don’t think there are ANY cameras IN the park. It seems to be that all video footage has come from private homes and businesses.

There are four cameras along the path that Ariel took to his friend's house - directly across the street from the park. There must be several at the other end of the park where the path splits as well.

A close up of what looks like a boardwalk near the waterfront on the pathway.

Thank you for the house location!
Thank you for the map! I love it! But didn't the most recent article say he was seen at 11:25 at a house? Is the house being reported the last house before the park? That's such an important detail for the reporters to get right....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the map! I love it! But didn't the most recent article say he was seen at 11:25 at a house? Is the house being reported the last house before the park? That's such an important detail for the reporters to get right....

The only quote I've seen is that the witness spoke to Ariel at 11:25 at the "waterfront".

Timeline

Ariel leaves home 12 noon (per house guests)
Ariel leaves home 11AM (revised timeline)
Ariel at friend's house 11:15
Ariel at park 2PM (revised to 11:25 or a second witness?)
Ariel at park 11:25 (credible witness)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member