CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only quote I've seen is that the witness spoke to Ariel at 11:25 at the "waterfront".

Timeline

Ariel leaves home 12 noon (per house guests)
Ariel leaves home 11AM (revised timeline)
Ariel at friend's house 11:15
Ariel at park 2PM (revised to 11:25 or a second witness?)
Ariel at park 11:25 (credible witness)
This was the article released today,.updated right after noon (12:39pm).

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...riel-des-agresseurs-potentiels-rencontres.php

According to our information, Ariel Kouakou was filmed the morning of his disappearance on Monday, March 12, by the surveillance cameras of at least four houses and businesses on Gouin Boulevard. He left his residence on rue Valmont, near Gouin, at about 11:10 am Approximately 10 minutes later, he was near the last house on the north side of Gouin Boulevard, west of Bateliers Park. , where a woman spoke to him. Subsequently, around 11:25, the camera on the roof of the restaurant Le Bordelais captured it. It appears that the boy entered the waterfront park and came out of the camera frame. It will never catch the child going the opposite way afterwards. The disappearance of the little Ariel was reported by his family at supper time.

-----------
I think if a camera caught him talking to a woman in front of a house at 11:25, then he was Definitely not at the water yet, at that point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

According to this La Presse article the witness saw him in front of the last house in the north side of Gouin Blvd where she spoke to him.
Afterwards his image was captured by the rooftop camera at the Bordelais where footage shows him entering the park.
So the witness didn’t see him “in” the park.
And yes it was also widely reported that the father has viewed the footage from the Bordelais ( the shadowing figures in the parking lot etc) so why wouldn’t he have also seen his son entering the park?

The way I interpret La Presse article is Ariel was captured by surveillance camera near the last house on the north side of Gouin Boulevard -- which is situated west of Bateliers Park. It is there, at Bateliers Park, where a woman (the witness) spoke to him.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...riel-des-agresseurs-potentiels-rencontres.php
On the morning of his disappearance, on Monday, March 12th, Ariel Kouakou was captured by surveillance cameras of at least four houses and businesses on Gouin Boulevard.

He left his residence on rue Valmont, near Gouin, at about 11:10 am.

Approximately 10 minutes later, he was near the last house on the north side of Gouin Boulevard, west of Bateliers Park., where a woman spoke to him.

Soon after, around 11:25 am, Ariel was captured by the rooftop camera at the Bordelais restaurant. It shows the boy entered the waterfront park, and got out of camera frame. The surveillance camera never captured the child going in the opposite direction.

Three things I’m musing about when I should be sleeping �� :

- Maybe the police have been able to digitally enhance the footage taken by the Bordelais restaurant to give better detail of the figures entering and leaving the apartment complex, along with the make and model of the vehicle etc. On the photo showing the uncle looking at the footage in the restaurant basement a couple of things seem evident: it is a very wide capture showing most of the buildings and possibly some of the road in front as it passes over the rails. The screen seemed to be an old computer monitor, so by watching the footage with better tecnology maybe LE were able to isolate one of those figures as a shorter person with pale-colored shoes leaving the apartment and crossing the road.

-I think LE may have dropped the ball at the level of communications, but otherwise I really do think they’ve done a thorough job during awful winter conditions to discover what has happened to Ariel. Having watched quite a lot of footage from the march which re-traced Ariel’s walk, I was struck by the anger of some of the crowd and the chanting in front of the apartment complex...which was borderline accusatory. This, teamed with hiring a PI, may have caused LE to close ranks a bit, particularly if the witness is a local resident, maybe even of the same apartment complex!

-If and when a body is discovered in the river, a medical examiner will be able to determine all kinds of things like ‘time of death’ based on stomach contents, whether he drowned, in what kind of water he drowned, whether there are any signs of foul play etc. So it’s not possible that a kidnapping perp will be able to depose of a body downstream and call it a day.

Thanks to all who have contributed such great maps!

Three things I’m musing about when I should be sleeping �� :

- Maybe the police have been able to digitally enhance the footage taken by the Bordelais restaurant to give better detail of the figures entering and leaving the apartment complex, along with the make and model of the vehicle etc. On the photo showing the uncle looking at the footage in the restaurant basement a couple of things seem evident: it is a very wide capture showing most of the buildings and possibly some of the road in front as it passes over the rails. The screen seemed to be an old computer monitor, so by watching the footage with better tecnology maybe LE were able to isolate one of those figures as a shorter person with pale-colored shoes leaving the apartment and crossing the road.

-I think LE may have dropped the ball at the level of communications, but otherwise I really do think they’ve done a thorough job during awful winter conditions to discover what has happened to Ariel. Having watched quite a lot of footage from the march which re-traced Ariel’s walk, I was struck by the anger of some of the crowd and the chanting in front of the apartment complex...which was borderline accusatory. This, teamed with hiring a PI, may have caused LE to close ranks a bit, particularly if the witness is a local resident, maybe even of the same apartment complex!

-If and when a body is discovered in the river, a medical examiner will be able to determine all kinds of things like ‘time of death’ based on stomach contents, whether he drowned, in what kind of water he drowned, whether there are any signs of foul play etc. So it’s not possible that a kidnapping perp will be able to depose of a body downstream and call it a day.

Thanks to all who have contributed such great maps!

Thank you, your post makes a lot of sense and I think it's a good analysis. Such a sad story. No parent should live this pain.

What if the witness is walking to the park at the same time as Ariel? What if the family decides that anyone else in the footage with Ariel is also a suspect? Given that the family is looking to hold someone responsible for their missing son, perhaps police need to protect the identity of others in the footage before sharing it with anyone.

Personally, if I were the witness I would talk and visit the parents myself. I would feel that much more connected and involved if I were the only witness. I definitely wouldnt hide. It also doesn’t make sense that she would be the type of woman to approach a child alone, with much concern; and yet seem less concerned with approaching the parents to discuss their son.

attachment.php

https://www.spvm.qc.ca/en/MissingAndWantedPeople/Missing/ef51009c-dd50-44bd-b000-2ef7bc952b29

[h=1]Steven Raux, missing since march 4th, same area as Ariel. [/h]

Three children (including Ariel) have gone missing in Montreal since last December. The last child to go missing and not found was in 2010. The last before that 1954.

There are multiple exits to that park, I am curious if he could have left through a different exit and not be seen on camera.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Good point. Wish we could see the park footage!

It's not really the responsibility of non-investigators to assess the credibility of witnesses. Police have deemed the witness who saw Ariel at the water front at 11:25 as very credible.

Why doesn't the family want to accept this? Why should the witness be placed in such a difficult situation of dealing with a grieving family simply because the family doesn't trust the police?

As a parent, YOU feel responsible for the well-being and safety of your child and you feel no one else will care or be as concerned with the safety of YOUR child. Not even the police. I’m sure they wonder constantly if the police missed something, the witness missed something etc. Also, it makes sense to speak with the witness because his parents know Ariel better than anyone. They may catch hints from his description that the police could never do. I think if they had the chance to speak with her from the beginning they’d be grateful and then move on..... Alternatively, I can see that the police may be protecting the witness in the rare case that the parents become suspicious of the witness and move to harm her in anyway knowing her identity.

The way I interpret La Presse article is Ariel was captured by surveillance camera near the last house on the north side of Gouin Boulevard -- which is situated west of Bateliers Park. It is there, at Bateliers Park, where a woman (the witness) spoke to him.

Yes absolutely that could be as well. The article is not clear on where exactly the witness saw him and is written in a way that is open to interpretation. I wish it was clearer if the witness saw him on “a pedestrian pathway in the park”, “amongst the trees”, “on the wall right beside the river”, “on the street leading to the park”.... Anything but just “near the waterfront”!!

Another picture of Ariel shared on facebook :

attachment.php

Attachments

• 29512459_10156204227246197_7358144758968786136_n.jpg
    29512459_10156204227246197_7358144758968786136_n.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 285
Can you please provide a link to the picture? Thank you.

A close up of what looks like a boardwalk near the waterfront on the pathway.

I zoomed in on the googlemap of that 'boardwalk', and it seems like it is way wider than I'd expect(?), plus... it looks like it has no boards?? Can anyone in the area say what this is for sure? It seems this photo was taken during summer - leaves on the trees, and the grass is green in the immediate area.. pools are still blue, so not showing their winter covers on yet. ie if it was some kind of wooden walkway where the boards got removed for winter, it doesn't seem that it's the season for it in that shot. jmo.
attachment.php

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Pa...a92352dfe8a11c!8m2!3d45.5442947!4d-73.7033158

Attachments

• boardwalk.jpg
    boardwalk.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 223
Some Google Earth images of the park in different seasons using the History feature. I don't think any of these actually represents the conditions of the river this March but it is interesting to see how ice and snow change the landscape.
PB 4 mid may 2017.jpgPB march 2010.jpgPB march 2010 - 1.jpgPB march 2005.jpg

From my understanding there is a pedestrian path beside the railway bridge that leads to Ile Perry from Parc des Batiliers and from there another pedestrian bridge that leads all the way to Laval. Ariel could have gone much further than I first imagined! Here are some pictures of Ile Perry and Parc des Batiliers in the winter. http://grandquebec.com/seductions-plein-air/ile-perry/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing