CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm also glad that they're bringing in someone new to help with this case. I'm almost sick at the thought that someone will get away with murdering Audrey Gleave. Just sick at the thought.......

What really makes me feel sick is the thought that the killer will probably kill again. I do feel hopeful they will catch the killer as they have his DNA.

Hopefully, the killer won't strike again. I somehow feel it was an argument or misunderstanding that ended it rage. AG has been described as being somewhat short-fused about particular things...like using names in email addresses. She would cut you off her mailing list for such. Also there was a time when an acquaintance instantly lost the opportunity to be the photographer at PK's wedding because he admitted to not having a backup camera (http://www.authonomy.com/books/34657/time-portal-book-ii-john-s-story-/read-book/?chapterid=329602).

Have you ever had a misunderstanding over the phone, when someone hung up and wouldn't take further calls.....so you decided the only way to rectify things was to confront the person, in person? I'm sure that's a very common scenario. If AG had a falling out with someone (over email, cameras, whatever) could this have happened, and ended in her murder?

Aside from that, concerning part 4 of the Spec story (http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/596949--audrey-s-case-gets-colder), PK says about being a person of interest,

"To some extent I can understand it, because I had opportunity. I gather that's all you need for them to declare you a person of interest."

That seems to rule out an alibi, no? But alibi aside, if we only knew what PK was doing outside of that "opportunity time", we might be able to get closer to an actual time of death.

....just to clarify. If we knew places where PK was during that holiday season....we could establish a period where there wasn't opportunity, and determine the period(s) of opportunity.

Just a random thought concerning trophies -and wondering if the interesting and mysterious AG had any tattoos?

Have these questions been answered yet:

- did LE recover the murder weapon(s)?
- was Audrey's car driven in the 24 hours prior to her death?
- did Audrey call her coffee group to say she wouldn't be there on the final Wednesday or did she just fail to show up? (the articles don't seem to say either way - or, I missed it)
- did PK touch the body in any way other than to check for a pulse as directed by 911?
- what exactly does LE have regarding DNA?
- what did LE have as evidence against DS other than the fact that he's "different" and he was in the barn area?
- what was the origin of the 'Amazing Grace' email - did Audrey Google it and then decide to send it to some people?
- did the people who received 'Amazing Grace' think it was odd for Audrey to send something of that nature?

Still far too many questions......:maddening:

....just to clarify. If we knew places where PK was during that holiday season....we could establish a period where there wasn't opportunity, and determine the period(s) of opportunity.

I think we do know some things - PK received email(s) from Audrey saying she was unwell around the Christmas week. Then, we know that he made arrangements to take the cake to Audrey when he found her body.

:waitasec: Do we know that PK and Audrey emailed about a day and time for the cake delivery? (I'm having a confusing moment!)

As I recall, the cake was based on an ex husband's recipe- odd choice imo, for someone who was not feeling well.

Yes dotr, that's what I thought as well. LV was taking soup to Audrey just days earlier; I wouldn't think cake would sit well on someone who isn't feeling well.

Do we have emails to PK about when he should deliver the cake to Audrey? Or, did PK simply go there that day (with the cake) only to discover the body?

Yes dotr, that's what I thought as well. LV was taking soup to Audrey just days earlier; I wouldn't think cake would sit well on someone who isn't feeling well.

Do we have emails to PK about when he should deliver the cake to Audrey? Or, did PK simply go there that day (with the cake) only to discover the body?

Not just that, why would she want to be reminded of an ex, but then again, AG continued to live in the house they built together, and wear her engagement ring...was she expecting someone special to visit who would enjoy the cake ..

Well dotr all of that is true!

Perhaps she wore the ring because she wanted to appear 'married' to ward off potential suitors? Perhaps she felt she deserved the house after Allan went off with a younger woman!! But the cake - I don't get that one!!:twocents:

Now if she was expecting someone with whom to enjoy the cake, wouldn't she have told PK that she must have the cake no later than X day by X time??

I think we do know some things - PK received email(s) from Audrey saying she was unwell around the Christmas week. Then, we know that he made arrangements to take the cake to Audrey when he found her body.

:waitasec: Do we know that PK and Audrey emailed about a day and time for the cake delivery? (I'm having a confusing moment!)

There was a video clip on the brantforexpositor site where PK talked about the changing cake arrangements. I think he said he spoke to her about bringing it of the 25th, but then she said she wasn't feeling well and to come by on Thursday. The video seems to have been removed over the last day. I saw it somewhere elese but can't recall where.

(it was here: www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2913418)

I'm aware of the email times, but just wish we knew more like whether he visited family at such-and-such at time, etc. To rule out those times. Wishful thinking, I guess :)

btw, concerning my earlier post about her estate. I was going over teacher's salaries with my father, and he calculated she'd be getting around $60,000 per year in retirement income just from pensions. That's if she was a "category 4" (highest category) teacher. A little less if not. He says the 90 factor (if age + teaching years = 90 you got full pension) was dropped to 80 or 85 in the late 80's, to make way for new teachers. So certainly she was getting a full pension. Where did it all go? Her estate doesn't indicate much in the way of savings.

Hey Maxfactor, glad you popped by- but I cannot at the moment- place those initials?...

I believe Max's initials are of the one who allegedly murdered little Tori Stafford

Wow! I have been away, there is a lot to catch up. I remember seeing either a video clip of LE searching AG'S property and someone picking up something that looked like a small electric knife saw from a ditch. Am I imagining this? It was very early on.

Also, whilst I was in England there was a military man arrested for stalking and raping women. He used hired cars to ambush and kidnap them . One woman pulled out some of her hair and left it in the car and they caught him . I am very familiar with the Tim Hortons near SV and there used to be a lot of military guys passing through there which got me thinking. It might explain why nothing is happening at the moment, could be the perp is overseas. I hope LE is checking the army bases.

The cake has always greatly bothered me. Audrey was known to love to cook and to collect recipes and per the first installment of the recent articles had a fancy convection oven. I realize that she was living mostly on convenience foods at the time of her death but most people who are cooks and who love a particular recipe, want to make it themselves. In fact, in many circles, it would be considered rude to deliver a gift that was someone else's specialty. Even though PK's wife is a pastry chef, I find it strange that they would arrange to deliver a cake made to Audrey's specifications (actually a recipe attributed to her former husband). I've mentioned before that I am the mother of a number of chefs and one pastry chef and something seems "off".

Where was it that we first read that Audrey had been quite the cook and gourmand?

I believe Max's initials are of the one who allegedly murdered little Tori Stafford

Yes dotr, that's who I meant. I'm not saying at all that the crimes are linked, just that I was shocked how much they look alike.

The cake has always greatly bothered me. Audrey was known to love to cook and to collect recipes and per the first installment of the recent articles had a fancy convection oven. I realize that she was living mostly on convenience foods at the time of her death but most people who are cooks and who love a particular recipe, want to make it themselves. In fact, in many circles, it would be considered rude to deliver a gift that was someone else's specialty. Even though PK's wife is a pastry chef, I find it strange that they would arrange to deliver a cake made to Audrey's specifications (actually a recipe attributed to her former husband). I've mentioned before that I am the mother of a number of chefs and one pastry chef and something seems "off".

Where was it that we first read that Audrey had been quite the cook and gourmand?
She was protective of her private life because she lived alone, Allan said.
“She was obviously very, very intelligent. Probably her biggest passion was cooking. She’d try anything,” Allan added.

http://johnhartig.info/12-headlines.html

(news article written in theSpec.com, Tuesday, January 04, 2011)

What kind of cake was it? Christmas Fruit Cake? or more like a Gingerbread House? or something like the "Colomba", "Pandoro" or "Pistacchio Torrone"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member