CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COPIED AND PASTED FROM SNOOPSTER'S POST 15 (thanks, hope that is ok as the thread is closed)Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
"In the video at the following link, a couple of neighbours are interviewed. The woman says that a neighbour told her that she saw someone walking down Audrey's driveway wearing a backpack. What made it so odd is that they never get pedestrians in their area."

http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/1624-police-search-continues-for-audrey-gleave-killer

Now take a look at this video, since many no longer run- but how could I have forgotten this short gem of a video link, where a potential witness speaks of a figure with a backpack AND,a potential weapon is clearly seen...

COPIED AND PASTED FROM SNOOPSTER'S POST 15 (thanks, hope that is ok as the thread is closed)Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
"In the video at the following link, a couple of neighbours are interviewed. The woman says that a neighbour told her that she saw someone walking down Audrey's driveway wearing a backpack. What made it so odd is that they never get pedestrians in their area."

http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/1624-police-search-continues-for-audrey-gleave-killer

Now take a look at this video, since many no longer run- but how could I have forgotten this short gem of a video link, where a potential witness speaks of a figure with a backpack AND,a potential weapon is clearly seen...

When I heard about the knapsack, it made me think about someone Geocaching, as one would probably carry a few items with them. There is quite a log online for cache being hidden in the Stenabaugh Cemetery. I didn't know how to access the log for the dates during the time of AG's murder. Apparently, Geocaching is popular in the winter months also.

I don't think there would have been school during the dates between xmas and new years.

A. Doveika must have been one smart cookie and modest too.
http://www.osti.gov/bridge/servlets/purl/5134558-YuOYt0/5134558.pdf
GRO68 Groshev, I.. V., A. M. Demidov, V. 1. Pelekhov, L. L. Sokolooskii, G. A. Bartholomew,
A. Doveika, K. M. Eastwood, and S. Monaro, Atomic Data and Nuclear Data Tables
S, 1 (1968).
"Compendium of Thermal-Neutron-Capture y-Ray Measurements."

Oh, now I remember the guy with the backpack! So that makes "young" very sensible. I don't see many men over the age of 30 using a backpack. It's more for the young and (likely) school-aged ones.

When I say 'school-aged' I mean anywhere from high school to University. That's in keeping with the notion of a neighbour's relative being at home for the Christmas holidays.

And the bit about bad cops - well, there's yin and yang in all of us.

ETA: I just watched the video again and I wonder if Audrey was like all the other neighbours who never bothered to lock their doors? It seems that PK is no longer here so we'll never know the answer.

After Sonia's murder, I began to lock my back door when I would be out front tending to the garden and trees. And when I would be out in the backyard, I'd lock the front door. Can't be too safe. (NOTE: I am not blaming the victim(s) here. The blame lies strictly on the killer(s).)

You see many homeless or street people over 30 with back packs now a days.

You see many homeless or street people over 30 with back packs now a days.

Oh, very true indeed! In my opinion, Audrey's killer was not homeless, though. I believe he had a place to go to clean up and to blend in with the rest of us. The same goes for Sonia's killer and for Shelley's attacker.

I firmly believe that these perps (or one perp) has a home, a family, a job, is clean cut, is very "respectable". I could very easily be wrong, of course! :)

I just Googled 'Geocaching in Stenabaugh Cemetery' and this is part of what I found:

Cache is located in the Stenabaugh Cemetery, c1863, off of Indian Trail Road in Ancaster. Parking is available roadside.

Cache is a small camo'd lock-n-lock, and contains only a log and some dollar store trinkets. Please bring your own writing utensil to sign. Be aware of muggles across the street, so please use stealth and replace quickly!
Congratulations to walking woody on the FTF!

I wonder if that cemetery did have something to do with Audrey's murder. Or, at least it would have been a good place to stalk out her place.

I didn't want to place the link here, but you can easily find it by Googling what I did.

Does anyone know what "muggles" means?

ETA: I found "muggles" - please see my post down a bit!!

I found what muggles means! Please hit the link:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Muggles

Learn something every day!! (Now you all know I never read Harry Potter.):)

ETA: This hit me about muggles:

Muggles are to be protected, avoided, manipulated, or abused by the characters or the plot — often all four, one way or another.

And these types of games brings us back to 'young and close'.

Yikes! From NSU above link,

Even if you are not going to kill the victim, you still need one. Bad guys need to be bad to a person, and when a villain Kicks the Dog, it is usually this person who acts as the dog. Your hero is not going to look very heroic if he just runs around arresting people for stuff like abuse-of-lawnchair. It is important to establish that the lawnchair was being kept by a saintly old widow as a fond reminder of her beloved, deceased husband. The bereaved widow is now bereft of her lawnchair and is inconsolable. Justice must be done. This lawnchair abuser is going down!
Did we say "lawnchair abuser?" Lawnchair terrorist, more like! Pickin' on little old ladies"

I know dotr, I'm all intrigued by this stuff. Who knew? I've been Googling geocaching a lot this morn! :eek: And the fact that Stenabaugh Cemetery was a place for this stuff...... wow!!

ETA: OK, I found an image of Stenabaugh Cemetery which is located behind Audrey's house (apologies if this has been posted earlier, but I don't recall seeing it):

LINK - http://img.geocaching.com/cache/72184c52-6a9b-4fe8-9ebb-4ef654e0535e.jpg

This is where young people go for geocaching!! I got the link from the geocaching site!!

ETA (again): Here's the link to the entire site:

LINK - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=4f9cb2d6-5186-43b2-b80c-7b34ef64588a

Seems like a lot of activity goes on in the cemetery!

From the Geocaching link, comment-F&J,"The last time we were caching on this road a horrendous crime had occured just 2 driveways up from this cemetery. The CO's archived their cache here shortly thereafter"

From the Geocaching link, comment-F&J,"The last time we were caching on this road a horrendous crime had occured just 2 driveways up from this cemetery. The CO's archived their cache here shortly thereafter"

Yes, and I'm wondering if the young guy with the backpack was one of the people who uses the cemetery for geocaching!!??:twocents:

LE released a composite sketch of someone seen walking near SL's home on the day she was attacked. Her area is as remote as AG's.

LE released a composite sketch of someone seen walking near SL's home on the day she was attacked. Her area is as remote as AG's.

Indeed and if I remember correctly, he was about 5'10" with blondy-red hair and young! His hair was short, I believe.

Here it is again,composite in link.
http://www.orangeville.com/feature/article/959601--man-seen-near-mono-attack
Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man seen walking in the area near Shelley Loder’s home when she was attacked on Dec. 7.

The man is described as male, white, 27-32 years of age, average build and approximately 5’10”. He had a round, clean-shaven face, fair complexion with reddish/orange hair that was short with a slight wave. He was wearing a dark, two-toned ski jacket and looked to be neat in appearance".
"

And it would seem that there is a lot more action on Indian Road than has been reported. There has been many a visitor to Stenabaugh Cemetery -- how could this go unnoticed by neighbours when the cemetery practically sits right on Indian Road.

Perhaps AG got annoyed with one of these geocaching people. Since you use your GPS to find your latitude and longitude, it would not be unusual for someone to walk up AG's driveway by mistake, as some people don't know how to read lat. and long. accurately.

This geocaching seems to have taken on a life of its own when it comes to cemeteries. They seem to be a popular spot for stashing the cache!

Night time seems to attract some geocachers to cemeteries where they utilize bright flashlights, while searching for the cache.

imo

This geocaching angle seems to account for a lot of what is known about AG's case - and maybe others. Well done to those that researched it!

I geocache and have met many other cachers in my travels. Muggles, to geocachers, are people who simply do not know or play the game. There is nothing sinister in the term and the only reason a cache owner my write about muggles and using stealth is because many caches are hidden in public places with high pedestrian traffic and the cache owners simply want to protect the cache from being vandalized or trashed by those who don't know or understand what it is. All of the geocachers I have met are very respectful of the environment and the people in it... that's not to say that there aren't some who do not follow the rules of the game. Most of us cache in pairs or as a group, as going alone is not the best choice but there are those who do prefer to cache alone. Cemeteries are popular places to hide a geocache as they are often filled with history and a part of this game is to learn about history of places, geographically significant areas in the world and to just visit some incredibly beautiful places one would not normally know about. As for night caching...........it's a whole different twist to try to find a small hidden container in the dark. Fire tacks are placed in trees and LED flashlights are used to follow a path or trail................mostly for safety reasons so a person doesn't get lost if they forget to waymark their vehicle ;-)

I've always worried that something bad would happen at some point and ruin the good name of Geocaching. This game has been in existence for 11 years now and is played worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms