CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must live a sheltered life because if a uniformed police officer knocked on my door I wouldn't hesitate to open it. I would be caught off guard. Then again I am very rural like Ms Gleave and we don't get random strangers knocking on our door. I don't think she opened the door to an unexpected stranger though because she was wearing her coat. I still think she was expecting someone.
ETA: I agree with you woodland, we should all be more careful.

I know, speaking for myself, it is a real wake-up call! My husband will answer the door to anyone, however, I don't allow him to since these crimes were commited, as it's just a little too close for comfort and we are not rural, but that doesn't seem to be a factor for these perps -- some of them are brazen.

Sometimes, during the Christmas season, people from various religious denominations, do go door knocking. We once had one of these affiliations knock on our door Christmas morning, just as we were opening our presents.

I must live a sheltered life because if a uniformed police officer knocked on my door I wouldn't hesitate to open it. I would be caught off guard. Then again I am very rural like Ms Gleave and we don't get random strangers knocking on our door. I don't think she opened the door to an unexpected stranger though because she was wearing her coat. I still think she was expecting someone.
ETA: I agree with you woodland, we should all be more careful.

Yes she was wearing her coat, sneakers, stretch pants and was found in her garage...without her purse. This does not seem like she just opened the door to a random stranger. That would have been the front door and I don't believe there's been any indication that the perp was ever in her home. She was either in the garage having a smoke, or was preparing to leave her home maybe to walk up and get mail or maybe a newspaper? Was it ever determined if she had newspaper delivery and would it have been dropped off in her mail box or at the top of her driveway as it usually is in rural areas?
Although I would think she'd have the dogs out for a run while doing something like that.

I still wonder where her keys were found. Maybe she was just coming in to the garage to warm up the car before going out somewhere. She would have had to lift the garage door for that because you don't start a car in a closed garage usually.

MOO

This is just moo Woodland, but I would consider young any person under the age of 18 when discussing offenders and their ages.

This was just in the news..
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/10/11/18810566.html
LINDSAY, Ont. — An Ontario teenager pleaded guilty Tuesday to punching and kicking a four-year-old girl and leaving her for dead.

"The case was moved to adult from youth court because the court considered it a serious, violent offence.

Justice Lisa Cameron heard that on Oct. 18 of last year, Leeder, who worked at the Woodville Arena, used a master key to open an exterior door to the women's washroom after watching the little girl enter from an interior door"

This subject popped up here a few times..
Barbara Kay Oct 11, 2011 – 2:56 PM ET

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2011/10/11/barbara-kay-women-are-not-always-the-gentler-sex/
"Last Saturday’s Post featured an interview with Shannon Moroney, the wife of a supposedly rehabilitated Jason Staples, who in 1988 murdered a woman in a fit of rage and spent 10 years in prison. A month after their marriage, Staples sexually assaulted and kidnapped two women. He’s back in prison as a “dangerous offender.”

Mentioned, but not elaborated on in the interview was the revelation that Staples had been sexually abused as a child. You’re not surprised. By his mother. Now perhaps, you are.

Most rapists were subjected to some form of sexual abuse in childhood. A startling amount is perpetrated by females. Peer-reviewed studies conclude that between 60-80% of “rapists, sex offenders and sexually aggressive men” were sexually abused by a female."

http://afriendofthefamilymovie.blogspot.com/

Do we have another one of these out there?

I wondered that as well. After this story was introduced in the SV thread I did a little reading on David Snow and the couple that befriended him. I can't find the article at the moment, but there was one point where during the trial in BC the husband (former business partner) still believed Snow was innocent. I wondered if maybe something happened during their partnership... The couple has sinced devorced and I have been wondering where the husband (shaw) is now... could he have come back to Ontario... Could he have had more than a partnership with this guy? maybe Snow was his mentor... just a few of my own thoughts...

It's mind boggling to me how people can inflict such horrific pain and unspeakable acts against another person. The victims are so varied - small children, young and middle age adults - and the known perps have quite an age range.

Once again I'm confused that a 4 year-old is beaten, has a very heavy object placed on top of her by a young person wanting to expose himself. No knife mentioned. Yet if an older person is stabbed with a sexual component to the act, it's assumed to be a young person as well.

I never hear a profile that says if many children between the ages of 9 and 17 go missing from the same area and then are found dead by various means, some bludgeoned, some stabbed, some raped, some not raped, it's likely to be a 40 year-old. Nor have I heard a profile that says if women who make their living on the streets go missing over a twenty year period it's likely to be the work of one person over the age 35 and continues into his 50's.

The National Post article is very revealing in that young men trying to tell LE or another person of authority that they were raped by a woman were considered liars at first. No one wanted to believe such people live among us.

There seems to be a lot of enigmas out there that imo profilers tend to ignore.

Hey Bodhi 93, I was thinking the very same thing! I had the David Snow type character on my mind, after roseofsharon's link, and was about to sleuth around for the biz. partner mentioned.

I understand that there is some confusion about the word "young" when applied to criminals. Now, if this guy who left the four-year-old for dead had been 13 or 15, we'd never be told his name - not ever. He'd be punished (somehow) and re-enter the high school system with the teachers having no knowledge of his past. That's simply the way the system works.

But, I think that when we're talking about "look young and look close" LE are referring to a young person aged 18 - 28-ish. Under 30, I'd think.

I also think that the SV and SL perp is also "young" because of the sloppy manner in which SV was left and also because of the fact that SL was left alive - this tells me that the perp ran off, possibly because he heard someone arriving at SL's home/studio. Possibly the husband coming home, the school bus arriving, anything which he didn't think of in advance. And not planning ahead is also sloppy.:twocents:

One thing that drives me batty on a young perp killing AG is, did they have their own vehicle and a private place to go afterwards - covered in blood, especially footwear?

What does a young person do for a living to afford these things?

Or did they bring a change of clothes - putting them on before entering someone else's vehicle? If so, forethought and planning over panic and fear.

Wish I knew.

Even though SL's home and AG's home had trees that somewhat obscured their homes, I just can't see a stranger randomly picking a house because of the trees and pulling into a driveway not knowing who else was in the home at the time.

Even if perp(s) targeted these women, how would they know they were alone when they decided to strike -- it just sounds too risky, which keeps me concluding these women knew their attacker(s) or may have only known them to see them and were not afraid of them.

In AG's case, anyone could have been visiting her between Christmas and New Year, however, since she didn't have anyone, the perp must have been aware of this.

In SL's case, did perp go directly to the studio garage and why not her house. How did perp know she was working in her studio at the time.

Conversely, I cannot see the perp arriving on foot either -- it's a mystery how in the case of SV, SL, AG, the perp(s) escaped any detection at all.

Just some of my random thoughts and imo.

I have always thought that the perp had studied these three womens' habits and probably more very well.
Possibly all summer 2010. He knows their habitat, when they will be alone, and I am sure he has transport parked not far away when he carries out the deeds. He is young fit and I imagine practiced at creeping around.

We know that AG was a night-owl and that SV used to work nights, I wonder if SL was a night person too...If the homes of the victims were visible from a road that say, truck drivers ect.commonly passed,homes lit up in the middle of night , would be more visible and might attract negative attention.

Imo, the rule of thumb today should be never open your door to anyone you don't know or are not expecting - not even a uniformed officer. At first glance one would not know if they are actually a police officer or not.

Talk through a window to see why they are there - it's easier to tell them to move on if you want to.

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3331175
ORANGEVILLE, Ont. - Peel police say an internal affairs investigation has resulted in the arrest of a retired Peel constable.

Police say the 52-year-old Orangeville man is alleged to have had property stolen from the Peel regional force.

Investigators say they recovered a quantity of Peel Regional Police badges.

Good grief! This is stunning.

My original thought was your basic bad guy/gal impersonating a cop. I wonder if he was selling these badges to organized crime mobs or scum thugs to enable home invasions.

This one takes the cake imo.

Have we lost complete control of our police forces in this country? Where did this high level of corruption come from?

Cops are so busy investigating cops, can victims such as AG ever find justice?

Looks like this is the same guy !!!
2006-05-18
An Orangeville resident who is a member of Peel Regional Police has won a stay of prosecution on several charges, laid against him back in June 2004, because of delays in bringing the case to trial.

Eugene Dopp, 46, appeared in a Newmarket court Wednesday morning for a Charter Section 11(b) application with respect to four sexually related charges, including possession of child *advertiser censored*. S. 11(b) says everyone has a right to be tried "within a reasonable time."

http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2006-05-18/Local_news/009.html

2011-Oct-12
Eugene Dopp, 52, a constable with the force, was arrested after it is alleged he was in possession of property stolen from Peel Police. Dopp was subsequently charged with possession of stolen property after investigators recovered a quantity of Peel Police badges. He will appear in Orangeville Court Nov. 15
Back in 2006, Dopp won a stay of prosecution on several charges, including possession of child *advertiser censored*, because of delays in bringing the case to trial.

http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/1224625--retired-officer-charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member