CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from Woodland:

It was convenient for the killer wherever the dogs were at that moment. Having trouble with a stranger who happened to be a maniac having that much luck on that particular day at that particular moment in time, and being able to lure AG to the garage, supposedly with shoes and a coat on. I'm just saying that personally I don't get that much luck therefore, have to question the circumstances.

Oh, I agree completely. A very 'convenient' murder. Therefore, *I* don't think it was a homicidal maniac roaming about the bushes and the cemetery hoping to fall upon an elderly woman in order to murder her!

I firmly belive the killer was known to AG, was let into the garage by AG and was young and close.

Other issues posted by others:
- *I* don't "need" a V8 engine but I have one because I enjoy the car (perhaps AG was the same!)
- I have childhood arthritis and I somehow manage to tool around in my big car with a barely street legal V8 engine (maybe AG was the same)?
- and why are we becoming so engrossed in AG's money situation? :waitasec: - well, motive, I do get that.

:twocents:

So how did LAV know on 28 January 2011 that AG's house would sell for exactly $425,000.00 2 months later? I don't find this a problem at all, but suspect LAV had a buyer and it was her job to sell the house. LAV could not legally list the house at this point, let alone sell it.
Do we know if the house was on the MLS listing, and sold through a Real Estate agent or was it "sold by owner', Grapevine?

$425K seems a bit low, but I am not familiar with property values in that area.

Could the property have been sold below market value?

I love smilies/icons. So, allow me to suggest other reasons about who and why they might have been visiting AG on the darkest time of the year:

:bedtime::pillowfight::cupcake::guitar::bigfight: :christmastree::snowman::santahat::getwell::tipsy: :steamed::cop::argue::cold::doughboy::snowflake: :santa:

Whatever the assessed value of the home was for taxes, what the economy would bear at that time in that area for a house sale is somewhat less important to me than the fact AG owned it outright - it was worth the cash one could get for it at that time - with or without real estate fees.

Would another Trustee have stated a value of say $450K in January of 2011, unable to say exactly what the house would sell for? Maybe. Would it matter if a Trustee stated a higher value in the probate docs than what a property actually sold for at a later date? I think not, but will check. It doesn't seem reasonable that one would have to go back and update an 'application' doc with the Superior Court with an exact real estate selling value once it was approved.

One more question - what living person stated to the media that AG carried important papers around with her in her purse? Just because papers were found in AG's purse when LE arrived (if in fact that happened) doesn't say to me they were always there. Why throw that out to the public, but not her net worth?

The JW article refers to the purse info as "rumour":

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/596070--who-killed-audrey-gleave

...Meanwhile, the mystery surrounding Audrey, and her death, fuelled interest far and wide. Why was she targeted? Why was nothing stolen? One rumour was that Audrey's purse had been found by police inside the house, stuffed with important papers she always carried around, but it had been left untouched. Had the killer even entered the house from the attached garage? Were the dogs locked in the kennel inside where she kept them, or loose in the house? ...

What if young and close had an older and more experienced partner or partners? With no bank accounts/investments listed, I suspect AG was worth more than the stated $475,622.87 that was posted in Superior Court. It would go a long way - the Trustee had the option to do as they pleased including lending the money as they say fit.

This would generate a tidy income over the course of the lending term.

What if young and close had an older and more experienced partner or partners? With no bank accounts/investments listed, I suspect AG was worth more than the stated $475,622.87 that was posted in Superior Court. It would go a long way - the Trustee had the option to do as they pleased including lending the money as they say fit.

This would generate a tidy income over the course of the lending term.

I've thought of that as well. Maybe young and close are two/three people??:twocents:

I love smilies/icons. So, allow me to suggest other reasons about who and why they might have been visiting AG on the darkest time of the year:

:bedtime::pillowfight::cupcake::guitar::bigfight: :christmastree::snowman::santahat::getwell::tipsy: :steamed::cop::argue::cold::doughboy::snowflake: :santa:

That may be more of a puzzle than the murder case :lol:

....He probably is a maniac...but...not so much a maniac as to be indifferent todetection... Again, he is probably able to secure solitude whenever he wants ie, he is not likely to be a man of forbidding appearance... we must assume that the murderer is a man not open to ordinary suspicion...he is a gentleman who is accepted absolutely in his own rank of society... occupying a a clerk's stool, or doing a little business ... we must keep our eyes on points of character rather than on such manifestly unsatisfactory and inadequate work as the searching of lodging houses, which in all probability the murderer does not frequent.

The above was printed in The Star 10 Nov 1888, and referred to Jack the Ripper.

I agree - he's not a drooling, hunchedback, limping, mumbling guy who would freak people out.

As I've said before - he's clean cut, nice clothing, nice house, nice car, nice guy:waitasec:, you know - totally "normal".

Only problem is - he murdered Audrey Gleave and perhaps others!:furious:

That may be more of a puzzle than the murder case :lol:

No, our killer is right there - :doughboy:

Happy it amused you!! In some/many ways this case IS a puzzle.:)

ETA: The Pillsbury Doughboy's little giggle gives him away all the time!!

With all due respect, killers and LE have come a long way since Jack - who preyed on strangers.

I think the random stranger in AG's case has been set aside for more practical reasons (including with LE) - like the way convenient access was gained and the value of cash and real estate in a global economy with a serious downturn. The more things change...

NSU - too cute for words like the cheerleader flicking her hair for the camera. Chuckles.

The date on the last page of the Will, the first letter of the month appears (IMO) identical to the middle initial in the signature of witness MF. The date would normally be inserted by the testator, not the witness.

Also in the date, the number "7" and the number "7" of the street address for both witnesses, are all penned with the cross bar. While the signature and printing of witness PV is different than the signature and printing of witness MF, it seems to me that MF could have entered the date.

[modsnip].

yes, and my point in posting that is that people will today still look at the margins of society and think that a perp will have changed behaviour afterwards i.e drinking, drugging. A true psychopath is as cool as a cucumber, no guilt or conscience at all. Do LE ever study these cases?
I does not seem like it to me.

OT ... anyone else being asked to provide their telephone number in order to log into FB??

I agree - he's not a drooling, hunchedback, limping, mumbling guy who would freak people out.

As I've said before - he's clean cut, nice clothing, nice house, nice car, nice guy:waitasec:, you know - totally "normal".

Only problem is - he murdered Audrey Gleave and perhaps others!:furious:

I agree, and think he's probably screwed up a few times, and has let someone glimpse a very unexpected dark side. A bit of ruthlessness, cruelty, disrespect for certain type of person (women, elderly, etc). He may be visibly obsessive in some way too, but about something that many people have an interest in, so this obsession is almost masked.

I say poll the neighbors again...and ask them who they think might have done it. Invite them all to a special anniversary dinner at the scene of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva