CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct, rose. It certainly doesn't take much of a stretch though to believe if he is that involved in the equestrian scene, he would be very familiar with Greenhawk.

I need to go back over some of my sleuthing ... came across the surname of the guy who owns Ghawk in my travels the past few days. Mind you it's a common surname. Don't know if any of you recall the 2 women that claimed they were fired from Ghawk for calling LE about Sonia's car in the parking lot (Ghawk claimed it was for other reasons and they were just trying to cash in). I wonder what became of their lawsuit.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._for_helping_with_a_murder_investigation.html

"ORANGEVILLE—When two women arrived at work and spotted a blood-stained car abandoned in the store’s parking lot they called police.

The white Toyota Corolla, it turned out, belonged to Sonia Varaschin, a local nurse who was missing and whose body would be found days later.

The tack shop employees — Valerie Whiteside and Kim Tait — were rattled but continued working, while co-operating with investigators. By week’s end they were fired, suddenly and unexpectedly".

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._for_helping_with_a_murder_investigation.html

"ORANGEVILLE—When two women arrived at work and spotted a blood-stained car abandoned in the store’s parking lot they called police.

The white Toyota Corolla, it turned out, belonged to Sonia Varaschin, a local nurse who was missing and whose body would be found days later.

The tack shop employees — Valerie Whiteside and Kim Tait — were rattled but continued working, while co-operating with investigators. By week’s end they were fired, suddenly and unexpectedly".

Wow dotr! I'm impressed! Thanks for posting this.

The post from dotr has me thinking - why on earth would the killer leave SV's car at a tack shop. And how did he get it there without being noticed? There has to be a message somewhere from the killer in all of this.

And......Audrey also drove a white car. Have we figured out the colour of SL's vehicles yet? I know we were talking about it long ago.

Possible message:

White = pure/clean/pristine
Blood-stained = "I'll show you", "You're not what you seem"

:twocents:

From dotr's post:

<<< The tack shop employees — Valerie Whiteside and Kim Tait — were rattled but continued working, while co-operating with investigators. By week’s end they were fired, suddenly and unexpectedly". >>>

Someone has clout at the tack shop?

:eek:

Following Up On The Tack Shop People:

I googled Greenhawk Equestrian Supplies and learned that they have 'first aid' for horses which makes sense. I wonder if SV, SL and AG were somehow anesthetised to keep them quiet during the attack. SV's neighbours said they heard nothing.

I'm also wondering if there is a shower for members to use when working with horses. The killer could have perhaps gone into the tack shop to clean himself before fleeing the immediate area. Or maybe a wash-up area for horses. The killer had to be covered in blood after SV's killing, didn't he?

And I'm wondering if Greenhawk has a (there's no kindly way to say this) disposal area for horses who have passed away. If so, the killer might have disposed of his bloodied clothing in that area.

Finally, LE did say that the killer would most likely "leave the Orangeville area" after the killing. So.......Ancaster?

The post from dotr has me thinking - why on earth would the killer leave SV's car at a tack shop. And how did he get it there without being noticed? There has to be a message somewhere from the killer in all of this.

And......Audrey also drove a white car. Have we figured out the colour of SL's vehicles yet? I know we were talking about it long ago.

Possible message:

White = pure/clean/pristine
Blood-stained = "I'll show you", "You're not what you seem"

When SV's car was found at Greenhawk, my first thought was that the killer had to be very familiar with that tack shop and had planned exactly what he was going to do next, in order to disappear in the night.

The killer must have known, in advance, that he was not going to be seen on video surveillance, althought iirc Greenhawk did have cctv?

I agree, there's a message in there somewhere. Because of the boldness of SV's murder, sometimes I think the killer had to have been really high on some drug.

If we had more details regarding AG's murder, maybe there's a message there too that would connect the dots back to Greenhawk.

imo

Connecting the dots for SL, SV and AG:

- all lived near stables/horses
- the crimes were all horrifically brutal
- all three crimes were committed within about a 1 hour drive or about 100 km from each other
- none of the crimes have been solved
- all females of a certain age - not teens/20's
- two of them had white cars
- two of them lived alone
- all three were professional women (nurse, photographer, teacher)
- all crimes were committed between August and December in 2010
- two of the crimes were committed on the 29 - 30 of the month
- all were in peaceful, quiet communities (not Toronto)

Am I missing anything?

SL and SV used social media;
AG was very computer savvy (unknown if she used social media)

SL and AG lived very rural and were left in their homes;
SV did not live as rural and was removed from her home.

Note: Although SL did not live alone, she was in her studio which was isolated from the main residence

From what has been reported, the attack on SL and murder of AG were in a garage, one converted into a studio, but still a garage.

This makes me think the killer was looking for something in a garage, i.e. car, and happened upon these women unexpectedly.

Or did AG enter her garage, thinking she was going somewhere with someone else, whom had come by to pick her up, i.e. since she was feeling under the weather, did someone tell her they would take her to a walk-in clinic?

imo

When SV's car was found at Greenhawk, my first thought was that the killer had to be very familiar with that tack shop and had planned exactly what he was going to do next, in order to disappear in the night.

The killer must have known, in advance, that he was not going to be seen on video surveillance, althought iirc Greenhawk did have cctv?

I agree, there's a message in there somewhere. Because of the boldness of SV's murder, sometimes I think the killer had to have been really high on some drug.

If we had more details regarding AG's murder, maybe there's a message there too that would connect the dots back to Greenhawk.

imo

I don't think that SV's killer originally planned to take her out of her home. For whatever reason, he did. I think he left her car at the Greenhawk location because his own car was parked there.

moo

I think AG knew her killer and let him in...She was far too careful and overly cautious to imagine otherwise. Geez. Her friends didn't even come in for a coffee. She had her coat on! IMO, she put her coat on and went out to speak with someone she knew.

JMO

I think AG knew her killer and let him in...She was far too careful and overly cautious to imagine otherwise. Geez. Her friends didn't even come in for a coffee. She had her coat on! IMO, she put her coat on and went out to speak with someone she knew.

JMO

I wonder if AG was coming out to receive more soup? Perhaps she told LV that she was still feeling unwell and LV sent someone with more comfort food?

IF it is the same perp in all three cases and IF he left his car parked near GH, how did he get to SV's house? Did he just walk in? He could have easily parked near SV's house and also near AG's house and walked to the houses.

After the ungodly SV killing, how did he manage to drive his own car safely to wherever he was going? He'd be covered in blood. What if he was stopped for a traffic infraction? This is one bold killer! Or is it a pair of killers? That would make the whole ordeal easier, I'd say.

We need answers and arrest(s).....

IF it is the same perp in all three cases and IF he left his car parked near GH, how did he get to SV's house? Did he just walk in? He could have easily parked near SV's house and also near AG's house and walked to the houses.

After the ungodly SV killing, how did he manage to drive his own car safely to wherever he was going? He'd be covered in blood. What if he was stopped for a traffic infraction? This is one bold killer! Or is it a pair of killers? That would make the whole ordeal easier, I'd say.

We need answers and arrest(s).....

Google shows from Ghawk at the corner of Broadway and Wellington to Spring St is an 8 min walk. Given it was approx 3:00 am when neighbours heard screams and squealing tires, i'm wondering if the perp might have either come from the Bistro next door to Ghawk which closes at 2:00 am (was it there in 2010?) or from Tim Horton's up the street from Ghawk (if it is/was a 24-hour Timmie's).

We've never known who the yahoos were that SV was annoyed with (IIRC, they moved shortly after SV's murder). Sure wish we had some names to check out in that group.

Do we know if JV has/had a vehicle?

IMO the perp is still just a garden variety killer. No different than the creeps that drive around with somebody's head in the trunk of the car, etc.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2...-s-final-days-filled-with-strife-mother-says/
Bbm.
" In addition, there was an alleged conflict between the hospital and the Workers&#8217; Safety and Insurance Board over disability pay Sonia was due after taking time off to heal a shoulder injury suffered on the job, Michele says.

In fact, Michele says, a key meeting was called for that Monday, Aug. 30, within hours of her daughter&#8217;s murder, to decide who was responsible for making that payment.

Michele says things quickly got resolved when police paid a visit to the hospital

&#8220;The cheque came by courier very fast,&#8221; Michele says, adding that Southlake Regional Hospital had paid up.

The Star could not independently confirm Michele&#8217;s claims, but police are aware of them.

When reached by a reporter Saturday night, hospital spokesperson Tammy LaRue said she wasn&#8217;t aware of any disputes between Sonia and any member of the hospital staff. She said she would have to consult with human resources to verify those claims.

LaRue did say that Sonia &#8220;wasn&#8217;t under any disciplinary action. She left on her own terms.&#8221;

In addition to those alleged disputes, Michele has revealed for the first time that her daughter, who lived alone, had several disputes with three or four young men, who had rented a unit a few doors away, because of their late-night rowdiness.

&#8220;She was a nurse who worked shifts, so she called the police on them several times,&#8221; Michele says, adding that the young men have since moved out of the complex."

Google shows from Ghawk at the corner of Broadway and Wellington to Spring St is an 8 min walk. Given it was approx 3:00 am when neighbours heard screams and squealing tires, i'm wondering if the perp might have either come from the Bistro next door to Ghawk which closes at 2:00 am (was it there in 2010?) or from Tim Horton's up the street from Ghawk (if it is/was a 24-hour Timmie's).

We've never known who the yahoos were that SV was annoyed with (IIRC, they moved shortly after SV's murder). Sure wish we had some names to check out in that group.

Do we know if JV has/had a vehicle?

IMO the perp is still just a garden variety killer. No different than the creeps that drive around with somebody's head in the trunk of the car, etc.

Gee, I thought we had the names of the yahoos, some of them were interviewed weren't they? I know at least one moved out west not long after the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jajanes