CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent a few hours reading back on various forums about AG, SV and SL. I have no idea if these cases are connected but one thing that is blatantly clear is that all three cases have gone STONE cold and LE has not released a shred more information than they did in the early days of investigation...Many people on forums for all three had so much hope that LE was "withholding" information because they were on the case and knew what they were doing and didn't want to jeopardize apprehending the "perp"...

So here we are. MSM hasn't asked a thing about any of these cases in a very long time...And LE has released nothing; no information that is new. Given that there doesn't seem to be any leads on any of these cases, wouldn't it serve them to release some new information now??? At the very least, to incite some fresher tips???

So disappointing...

moo

Thinking of workmen and Audrey...
Bbm
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/26961.pdf

"Man charged with Indecent Acts,
Photograph of man released
Broadcast time:
11:47
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
41 Division
416-808-4100
On Friday, June 28, 2013, a man was arrested in connection with an indecent-act
investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Tuesday, June 18, 2013, a man working for a tree-removal service in the Warden Avenue
and Ellesmere Road area attended an elderly woman's home and asked to use the washroom
- the woman allowed the man into her home and, while in her home, he exposed himself to
her

- the man then fled the area
Trevor Patrick Brewer, 46, of Toronto has been charged with:
1. Indecent Acts
2. Fail to Comply with Probation
Police believe there may be more victims.
A photograph of the man has been released"

I'm not sure why but I am unable to open that link.

It should load, but it's fiddley. You have to scroll down a bit and should see a newspaper page from the Lethbridge Herald with an article titled "Project KARE doing OK despite no breaks". Arghh ... then you have to double click on the smaller inset on the right to zoom in.

hth

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/03/04/19457556.html
bbm.
"EDMONTON - When women working in Edmonton's sex trade began vanishing off city streets and turning up dead in remote areas on a monthly basis, it crippled the industry with fear.

Since 1975, the bodies of at least 30 women, many of them prostitutes, have been found in the Edmonton region. Dozens more are still listed as missing.

Staff Sgt. Gerard MacNeil is among a handful of Mounties dedicated to finding the person or persons responsible for cutting short the women's lives.

He's convinced a serial killer is still on the loose.

"Certainly from the patterns that we've investigated on many of these offences, we know that there was a serial offender at work and we haven't caught him," said MacNeil. "I can't say whether that person is alive, whether they are in custody for other offences, or whether they have left the province. For whatever reason, they have simply gone dormant."

Voice recording of poi with victim. Warning, upsetting material.
http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/08/2...-help-in-solving-alberta-womans-disappearance

I"ve been following the KARE cases for about 8 years now, and IMO, the victimology and MO of the Edmonton SK are very different from Ontario cases of AG, SV and SL.

Some might open the door for a man dressed in red during the holiday season.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...le_robes_sought_in_newmarket_sex_assault.html
"
"Police are looking for a man dressed in monk-style robes after they say a woman was sexually assaulted at a Newmarket bus station"

"Police describe the suspect as a brown-skinned man, between 40 and 50, six feet tall, 150 pounds with a shaved head and thin moustache.

They say he was wearing reading glasses in addition to the red robe."

Some might open the door for a man dressed in red during the holiday season.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...le_robes_sought_in_newmarket_sex_assault.html
"
"Police are looking for a man dressed in monk-style robes after they say a woman was sexually assaulted at a Newmarket bus station"

"Police describe the suspect as a brown-skinned man, between 40 and 50, six feet tall, 150 pounds with a shaved head and thin moustache.

They say he was wearing reading glasses in addition to the red robe."
I've never heard mention of any of this related to this case dotr...Am I missing something?

While "deep sea' diving on this case a while ago, I happened upon a topic result on google. It was this:

http://www.topix.com/forum/ca/hamilton-on-ancaster/TE6TS05B7QM6QJ9M7

There's not much there. Just one comment. Dated Jan. 2, 2010. By someone named "nasty". No other comments thereafter. So soon after AG's murder. Not much out in the media at that point. "Nasty" is from Guelph. (So is JV).

moo

I've never heard mention of any of this related to this case dotr...Am I missing something?

Posted because it was odd, local (ish) and sexual, someone freaky got Audrey imo.

I guess we're back to the usual cold case silence. If you google "Audrey Gleave" you get a few old "spec" articles and us on Websleuths. LE is mute as usual.

moo

ETA - I don't believe the media is under ban on this case; sounds like they're just sleeping...Not surprising. Investigative journalism is mostly unheard of up in this neck of the woods.

moo again

Just took my garbage bags & recycling bin out to the end of my lane this morning for pickup... and I left my garage door up while I did it. It occurred to me that Audrey would have had to take her garbage/recycling to the curb, too - so that would be one reasonable explanation of why she might be outside, dressed in 'everyday' clothes with just a coat thrown on, without the dogs or her purse, and with the garage door up so that an intruder could slip in. Wonder when her garbage day was that week? Have you guys sleuthed this already back in the threads somewhere?

Cannot recall off the top of my head whether Audrey's garbage collection was discussed here already or not, but was reminded of something that happened some years ago at my place.
Taking the dog for a late night outing in the yard, when she began barking furiously at what I assumed was a raccoon, so I went back into the house despite continued dog protest.
My dh was not due back from work till the following day, the kids were sound asleep, but feeling jittery I stayed up half the night, which in retrospect, probably was a good thing.
That and my dh's decision to leave early and make it home after all.
When he got in the back door, there was a young man inside the house asleep on the garbage we keep just inside the porch door!
Now, he may have been sleeping something off, or as friends teased he must fallen asleep waiting for me to fall asleep....
Hopefully it was the former. Still, the point is that he must have been watching for someone to go out, so he could slip in.
Now, I always peek around before going out and lock the door even if it is to step out for a moment.

Thinking further on the 'taking out the garbage' scenario, I'm wondering if there was a rear/side 'man door' from the garage to the outside? And if so, would it be visible from the driveway?

A possible scenario would be - Audrey came back into the garage after depositing trash at the roadside, hitting the opener 'button' on her way by to close the overhead door... then encountered someone, had a confrontation during which she was killed... then killer exited via the man door... hence, when PK arrived, the overhead doors were closed and he used his code to enter because the open man door was not visible from the driveway.

Motive? hmmmm.... I am uncertain but I do think that if Audrey came upon someone in her garage, she might be quite stern about ordering them out... particularly if it was a young person (due to her many years as a secondary school teacher). Maybe someone took offense at her authoritarian stance & 'lost it'? The 'sexual component', whatever that was, may have been a show of disrespect/putting her 'in her place'... all just MOO.

Poor Audrey - Her home quickly sold, her belongings within the home sent to the dumpster, her dogs offered up to adopt by an animal loving family, thank god for that. Her bank accounts cashed. How expedient, and how fast.

Not a word, from those close to Audrey requesting action on her murder.

All is silent.

Audrey is long forgotten by them.???

It does seem as though Audrey is long forgotten by those closest to her.

How sad this is getting......sadder as time passes....

"Maybe someone took offense at her authoritarian stance & 'lost it'? The 'sexual component', whatever that was, may have been a show of disrespect/putting her 'in her place'... all just MOO.[/QUOTE]" Greenthumb

You bring up a superb point: the sexual component might be a sign of disrespect, contempt. Think of gang murders were men are castrated or for both sexes things are shoved into them sometimes as torture often as an expression of post-mortem contempt. OK please don't kill the messenger here also parts of a body being fed to an animal. Also in cases of political genocide there is often seen post-mortem expressions of contempt.

In these cases there is no sexual component in the sense of 'desire' other than the expression of contempt. We need to rethink that phrase 'sexual component' perhaps.

And per another recent post: oddly the contempt we all seem to feel is expressed toward Audrey by her friends sort of matches that criminal motive - hatred, contempt. I don't think she was killed for her car but I think the car could have been the last straw for someone. Audrey way too cocky for somebody's taste.

I doubt the car was the motive. And about being "too cocky" - well, if your/one's friends cannot handle your/one's personality they really are not "friends" at all, are they?

If a car AND a cocky female driver of that car were the motive, *I* could have been dead years ago. :scared:

Naaaahh, this thing goes deeper that a material possession (hot car) and a personality trait (cockiness).

:twocents:

Like many of you here, I've spent a lot of time reading back (articles and forums) regarding Audrey Gleave's case and I'm shocked that many of her neighbours state that they were not interviewed at all by LE. The neighbours themselves couldn't believe it! The other thing that totally shocks me...Is that Audrey's closest friend has said and done nothing to try to find her killer. (Even in the 2 - 3 interviews she gave, she never once says that she hopes to find her killer...) That is beyond strange.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member