CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many many moons ago I speculated that Audrey may have been onto something wrt the killings of SV and attack on SL. Could it be that she suspected JV and was silenced as a result?

Anyone know when JV moved/went to Florida?

Alternatively as above? LV received the whole shebang - shared with someone?

Does anyone suspect LV being part of what happened? LE has not ruled anyone out but does say the perp(s) was/were known to AG. I'm with LE on that one.

Well, it does look suspicious (the rapidity of the house sale/getting rid of Audrey's things) so I do have my own suspicions here about LV.

I highly doubt LV was directly involved in AG's murder. Not a hands-on thing. However, if LV said something to JV which caused him to act against AG.......then I suppose LV is indirectly a part of the entire shebang.

:twocents:

QUESTION:
Did PK ever say anything to us or to Jon Wells about whether or not he (PK) knew LV and her family well or even remotely? Memory fails me right now......

Well, it does look suspicious (the rapidity of the house sale/getting rid of Audrey's things) so I do have my own suspicions here about LV.

I highly doubt LV was directly involved in AG's murder. Not a hands-on thing. However, if LV said something to JV which caused him to act against AG.......then I suppose LV is indirectly a part of the entire shebang.

QUESTION:
Did PK ever say anything to us or to Jon Wells about whether or not he (PK) knew LV and her family well or even remotely? Memory fails me right now......

I'll keep an open mind on 'indirectly involved' NSU - you have swayed me in the direction of a possible connection between SV, SL and AG - was initially a naysayer on any connection between the 3.

Just because LE haven't found a connection, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. According to Vancouver PD and the RCMP, 50 missing women from the same location in Vancouver had no connection either. That was pretty duh.

My # 603 was answering this question of WL sorry forgot to link

Does anyone suspect LV being part of what happened? LE has not ruled anyone out but does say the perp(s) was/were known to AG. I'm with LE on that one.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2011/01/04/its-all-so-horrifying

Gleave attended a lot of the Vanstone family gatherings, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.

Notice the word "family" gatherings. So that might indicate it was one of LV's family members Audrey was trying to avoid by not showing up for that particular "family" gathering. Did Audrey know or suspect something about the JV side of the family (who were so blatantly left out of her LWT), or about JV in particular, that she was uncomfortable around him/them? Given she knew LV for approx. 30 years, she would have known JV since he was born. Did she know something about him that we are not privy to?

From a relative's online tweets, it seems that the JV side of the family spent this past Christmas at their own home. Are they perhaps no longer included in the family gatherings at LV's?

MOO

I had questioned before about LV's numerous (hundreds, iirc) visits to Audrey's, but it was said that Audrey visited at LV's in Brantford, not that LV was in the habit of visiting Audrey that much. With that in mind, something I just noticed in that same newspaper article:

"All of the times I visited her, I think I was only in her house once.

"Usually, we sat on a bench outside the house where we would talk."
<bbm>

Not "all of the times we visited back and forth", but "all the times I visited her". If it was that memorable in their 30+ year friendship, wouldn't you know you were only in her house once?

Interesting perspective SB on the holiday family gatherings. From what I could see linked on some FB postings, the JV side of the V family seemed to me to spend the holidays as a family unit at the cottage - sans LV and RV. Just my take on the postings.

I had the feeling holiday get together's with the wider family unit was Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years etc. and not every year. This mostly comes from my take on 'Suzie's' second hand info. Suzie had much to say on LV and her life style etc, no mention of family though.

Yes SB, when LV visited AG, LV was also wary of the dogs while sitting on the bench.

I would not think so. That the murder was so brutal must be a reason and I would not get in touch with a woman.

I had questioned before about LV's numerous (hundreds, iirc) visits to Audrey's, but it was said that Audrey visited at LV's in Brantford, not that LV was in the habit of visiting Audrey that much. With that in mind, something I just noticed in that same newspaper article:

<bbm>

Not "all of the times we visited back and forth", but "all the times I visited her". If it was that memorable in their 30+ year friendship, wouldn't you know you were only in her house once?
IMO, AG marched to her own drum. Perhaps she had changed her will and advised LV of that.
"In 2007, Audrey decided it was time to write her will and made Lynne executor."

Source: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2216816-audrey-s-story-continues/

JMHO, but there's a possibility that LV did voice her discernment about AG's actions to JV. LE stated that there were items missing from AG's house. Maybe those items happened to include a new signed will...or codicil. Perhaps this is why they didn't spend Christmas together?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2182146-friends-remember-audrey-gleave/

IMO, PK, as a person AG did invite into her home, was probably the person who was able to identify to LE what was missing. PK may not have been in her home in the weeks or months prior to her murder, but he may have had a good idea of where things were always displayed or kept, especially in the area where he said they would sit and chat on the sofa.(same source as 1st link above) If LV was only in AG's home once, I doubt she'd be able to identify what was missing. JMHO, but if a person was searching for a document, and didn't know who was aware of it's existence, I could see the perp taking a bunch of things to muddy the waters. If it was never found, then quickly clearing out the house would make a lot of sense. MOO

IMO, AG marched to her own drum. Perhaps she had changed her will and advised LV of that.
"In 2007, Audrey decided it was time to write her will and made Lynne executor."

Source: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2216816-audrey-s-story-continues/

JMHO, but there's a possibility that LV did voice her discernment about AG's actions to JV. LE stated that there were items missing from AG's house. Maybe those items happened to include a new signed will...or codicil. Perhaps this is why they didn't spend Christmas together?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2182146-friends-remember-audrey-gleave/

IMO, PK, as a person AG did invite into her home, was probably the person who was able to identify to LE what was missing. PK may not have been in her home in the weeks or months prior to her murder, but he may have had a good idea of where things were always displayed or kept, especially in the area where he said they would sit and chat on the sofa.(same source as 1st link above) If LV was only in AG's home once, I doubt she'd be able to identify what was missing. JMHO, but if a person was searching for a document, and didn't know who was aware of it's existence, I could see the perp taking a bunch of things to muddy the waters. If it was never found, then quickly clearing out the house would make a lot of sense. MOO
PK posted here a while back about the very quick clean up and emptying of the house as well as the quick resolution of the estate. He didn't express an opinion on the matter but he did relay that it was all very quick. LV has not made a single statement to the media since AG's memorial. She cleaned up, inherited and got out of Dodge.

moo

I haven't found any information indicating that AG rode horses...And the only reference to her having owned one was from "Suzie". She stated that AG was disappointed/upset that a horse she owned had died. Is it possible that AG (an animal lover) in an attempt to help her friend (LV) adopted a horse for LV's nephew?

http://adenaretirement.com

The retirement program FB page is on JV's FB.

Just "noodling" things out loud.

moo

Unless you were in it TWICE.

<bbm>

Do we have any indication that JV had/has a problem with alcohol/other drug use? Was he ever picked up for DUI, etc?

I'm asking this because LE stated that the killer of SV would most likely be using more alcohol and other drugs right after the murder.

Also, (memory fails me right now) were the contents of AG's house.....all the contents.....just sent to the dumpster? Did anyone look for personal items to keep such as photos, rings, watches, anything personal to AG to keep as a memory of her? If LV was a 30+ year long friend wouldn't she want to wear a ring or whatever belonging to her dear friend? I know I would want that from my dearest friend of over 30 years.

Do we have any indication that JV had/has a problem with alcohol/other drug use? Was he ever picked up for DUI, etc?

I'm asking this because LE stated that the killer of SV would most likely be using more alcohol and other drugs right after the murder.

Also, (memory fails me right now) were the contents of AG's house.....all the contents.....just sent to the dumpster? Did anyone look for personal items to keep such as photos, rings, watches, anything personal to AG to keep as a memory of her? If LV was a 30+ year long friend wouldn't she want to wear a ring or whatever belonging to her dear friend? I know I would want that from my dearest friend of over 30 years.

Aside from her dearest friend LV, noticeably missing from Audrey's LWT were "bequests" ... specific personal items that one leaves to individuals (i.e. painting of my horse to ??, gold ring to ??, etc). Bequests come before leaving the "residue" of the estate to a sole beneficiary. Surely Audrey had one or two people other than LV in her lifetime that she felt worthy of getting some small widget.

Unless you were in it TWICE.

And there's the "usually, we sat on a bench ...". Usually? .. usually denotes "most of the time"?

If you recall you were only in the house once in 30+ years, wouldn't you say "all other times we sat on the bench"?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member