CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not computer savvy, but I am told that yes it is possible- especially if a "bot/virus' is installed.
Wonder if Audrey had that problem in the past and fixed it, hence the touchiness about her name and email.
Audrey was good at that sort of thing, trying to recall if she took a computer debugging type class and if so, were her classmates also good at dealing with virus's, or a "secondary infection''?

IIRC, PK said that Audrey once requested he send her a computer virus for her to work with or practise on.

ETA: Perhaps I mis-remembered it being PK ...

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

Most of the students were much younger; she was sharper than all of them. She became a computer whiz, ultimately asking a friend to email her viruses so she could study them, break them down.

I'm confused ... I did not know PK spent December 28th with AG, which was Tuesday and then returned with the coffee cake on Thursday???

TIA for helping me with my confusion!

PK spend the 28th with AK, not AG

hth

Not computer savvy, but I am told that yes it is possible- especially if a "bot/virus' is installed.
Wonder if Audrey had that problem in the past and fixed it, hence the touchiness about her name and email.
Audrey was good at that sort of thing, trying to recall if she took a computer debugging type class and if so, were her classmates also good at dealing with virus's, or a "secondary infection''?

Clever take on the terminology dotr.

Is it safe to assume that if one installs a 'bot/virus' it's also easy to uninstall it? All without detection?

Many thanks to SB originally and C8 for re-posting the timeline! Dotr -- I think that's an intriguing line of thought: a coded message for "secondary infection." I'm still trying to think through all the implications of that -- in terms of sender and intent. While I have tended to think Audrey was surprised in her garage, her emails sent in the last days DO keep bothering me. It seems indeed curious that on a same day Audrey would say she wouldn't miss her coffee group "come hell or high water" (a VERY interesting turn of phrase itself), she cancels to the group (assuming there’s confirmation that a member of the coffee club received this message, on that date. I’m not sure if we have a link for that?) Audrey’s inconsistency seems like itself a kind of message: something was off.
On another tack: I was struck in the timeline by the reminder of this post that “I was interviewed extensively, my car and person searched, myself and shoes were measured and photographed and DNA was collected from me in the first round of investigation where I was originally eliminated”. In SV’s case, we were informed of a bloody bootprint as a major clue, but to my knowledge we weren’t given similar info here. Why is the shoe size significant? Were prints identified? Or was LE wondering about a possible connection to SV’s case and if so, what was that?
I know the money angle offers a powerful motive. But I’m not sure about it. The sheer horror of the scene described by Hrab suggests the kind of person who is deeply, deeply, deeply disturbed. I’m not saying greed isn’t monstrous, but are these folks capable of this kind of heinous brutality – followed by a fairly “normal” ability to hide from it? I find that hard to get – even as I know there are other murder cases with shockingly “normal” perps. This is just my own doubt. I’m not dismissing anyone’s ideas.
MOO :)

I have caused uproar because I have AK mistaken for AG (since the original post from sillybilly).
Thanks for the clarification! Now this thing is more clear to me. :coffeeup:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2216816-audrey-s-story-continues/

Audrey told her former brother-in-law DG about the time an argument with a female student got out of hand at Barton.
The girl told Audrey she was going to kill her and was suspended for the outburst.

That must have been a terrible quarrel.
Who was the girl and what happened to her in the past years?
To whom she had/has connections (men)?

Anyone knowledge about?

Quoted from 2soccermom:

<<< On another tack: I was struck in the timeline by the reminder of this post that “I was interviewed extensively, my car and person searched, myself and shoes were measured and photographed and DNA was collected from me in the first round of investigation where I was originally eliminated”. In SV’s case, we were informed of a bloody bootprint as a major clue, but to my knowledge we weren’t given similar info here. Why is the shoe size significant? Were prints identified? Or was LE wondering about a possible connection to SV’s case and if so, what was that? >>>

Well I hope LE are trying to connect the dots. Now you have me wondering if there also were boot prints in the SL case.

And his usage of words is interesting - in the first round of investigation where I was originally eliminated”. Has he been 'not eliminated' as the investigation went on? We know LE asked him to have a second polygraph so I wonder if he's still on their radar.

:twocents:

I have caused uproar because I have AK mistaken for AG (since the original post from sillybilly).
Thanks for the clarification! Now this thing is more clear to me. :coffeeup:

So sorry FromGermany and Sillybilly ... that may have been my fault, as I did the same.

It was one of those instances where you see the letter and then assume it is what you are thinking it is, but it is something else.

I do it all the time with road signs. :blushing:

Quoted from 2soccermom:

<<< On another tack: I was struck in the timeline by the reminder of this post that “I was interviewed extensively, my car and person searched, myself and shoes were measured and photographed and DNA was collected from me in the first round of investigation where I was originally eliminated”. In SV’s case, we were informed of a bloody bootprint as a major clue, but to my knowledge we weren’t given similar info here. Why is the shoe size significant? Were prints identified? Or was LE wondering about a possible connection to SV’s case and if so, what was that? >>>

Well I hope LE are trying to connect the dots. Now you have me wondering if there also were boot prints in the SL case.

And his usage of words is interesting - in the first round of investigation where I was originally eliminated”. Has he been 'not eliminated' as the investigation went on? We know LE asked him to have a second polygraph so I wonder if he's still on their radar.

NSU, as a reminder, the original investigation focused on a stranger as the perp, according to Hrab, the original LE investigator.

That stance by LE was changed to someone known to AG when the new investigator took over after DLS was released with no evidence to hold him. That includes more than just PK.

More than two and one half years have passed since this crime took place, I guess it's inevitable facts and LE statements will fade.

Thanks to Woodland for the reminder. :)

As August goes on, I'm still thinking of SV and why her killing hasn't been solved. I was thinking that if all three are related (SV, SL and AG) it could be the work of a guy who travels to small towns. Like a FedEX driver. The Toronto Star/Sun delivery guy. Someone who gets to know about women living alone while stopping at a cafe in the small towns and then at the end of his shift he heads back home to a larger city.

Still trying to make sense of all of these killings right here in Southern Ontario. It quite honestly could be anyone........:scared:

IMO we have very strong grounds to suspect:

1. young and close as discussed in this forum

2. financial angle betrayal by friends of Audrey's.

3. However mysterious implausible something to do with science, Chalk River, nuclear energy (the Hamilton reactor) etc.

All three of these seem mixed up with each other. Yet if we include all of them we seem to have a ludicrously large plot against Audrey.

And I forgot to add;

4. serial killer

5. roving madman

These two are not my favourites theories. But this case drives me crazy and the other three have powerful things in favour yet it is hard for me to believe all of these people would collude to off Audrey.

Serial killer I can't understand why this wouldn't be known to LE and then to us. I do think SL and SV could be linked.

And I forgot to add;

4. serial killer

5. roving madman

These two are not my favourites theories. But this case drives me crazy and the other three have powerful things in favour yet it is hard for me to believe all of these people would collude to off Audrey.

Serial killer I can't understand why this wouldn't be known to LE and then to us. I do think SL and SV could be linked.

Shall we add perhaps:

religious fanatic, who knew AG and did not agree with some of life (in the past) and had no interest in robbery?
I was thinking: Amazing Grace, religion, morality, AG's premonitions - and so on ..........

I think we do have too many possibitlites here but then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I like the notion of a religious fanatic but it must be a religious fanatic who was known to Audrey.

"Young and close" cannot be overlooked. That could include a few people at least.

Question:

Did PK always do his handywork alone at AG's house? Or, did he ever bring along a friend or someone to help him with particularly heavy lifting. etc? This friend (or relative?) would also be "young and close" I'd say.

Ooooops, I forgot to add:

How can we accept "young and close" and then also accept 'roving madman'?

That said, I still think the three (SV, SL and AG) are related which would include 'roving madman' or 'roving serial killer'.

How do we connect these notions:

Young and close + killer/attacker of the three women + MOTIVE? I suppose the motive for a serial killer is that there is no motive. A serial killer kills because he can, because he has opportunity, because he's good and doesn't get caught, because he simply enjoys it.

What a conundrum.......

I'm sure, without PB we would know details that could already exclude certain people. We would identify possible links between acts much faster. Not only do we here on WS, but all thoughtful citizens, neighbors, friends, family of the victims. PB may be necessary, but how many years should elapse before solving of an act?!
IF they read, LE every day has something to laugh on, because we are completely on the wrong track. They do know, only we don't. :(

It often seems imo, that small changes in routine or "glitches", precede the deaths of some victims of crime or tragic accidents.
They say disasters like air crashes ect. are not usually the result of just one huge mistake, but sometimes the end result of a series of small 'fails , errors and changes that add up. Or it is just dumb bad luck and timing.

Some of the " event changes" for Audrey might include..
New 'dream" car
Mailbox vandalized.
Stole box part (that she was entitled to)
New oven
Attended wedding
Annoyed with C.oven installer.
Audrey was sick.
She cancelled Xmas dinner.
Uncharacteristic emails sent.
Two G.S. dogs could not ( were unavailable?) to protect their mistress.
??

It often seems imo, that ...............................

Attended wedding.

......................................Two G.S. dogs could not ( were unavailable?) to protect their mistress.

??

??????????????????????????? Attended wedding???????????
I don't have this information. :blushing: Where I have to read about?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2216816-audrey-s-story-continues/

" Phil was polite and radiated an earnest, eager-to-please vibe. A practising Christian, he met his fiancée, Alex, a petite, attractive woman, at church. When they married in June 2010, he convinced Audrey to attend the wedding.

Phil had met Audrey four years earlier, in 2006, when he was 18 and in first year at McMaster"

bbm.
G.S. German Shepherd dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members