CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone following who has been here a while…Audrey, at some point, sponsored or paid for the maintenance of a horse. Why would she do that? Sure, she loved animals but I don't think that she was riding horses at the time (although she may well have in her youth). Regardless, Audrey's "circle" is/was very small. She left everything she had to her close friend LV. Who in her "circle" was connected to horses? LV's nephew. Audrey's will is very specific. She excluded certain LV family members. A sibling of LV's whose son was into horses. Maybe this means nothing. Maybe it means something? Hopefully, maybe, the new detective following Audrey's case, will look into this?

bbm

What do you mean: she "excluded"? I remember otherwise.

I am going to correct myself .... earlier I suggested the suspect would need to know the code number to close Audrey's garage door .... Phil K said it was just a "close" button

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...caster-ON-30-Dec-2010-2&p=7145607#post7145607

So we know she opened the door for the killer , or the killer knew the entry code , but could close it just by pushing the button

Or the perp snuck in when she was closing or opening the door for any reason.

The Ancaster Pet Cemetry

The https://books.google.de/books?id=pm...ley collins+vet+ancaster pet cemetery&f=false

................ Taggi and Alix, buried in Plot 106 in the Ancaster Pet Cemetry, run by Dudley Collins .....................................
http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...ved=0ahUKEwiKqZebpcrLAhVCIpoKHRn5DqYQrQMIITAB
(please scroll down)
Pets will still be buried in Ancaster cemetery, new owners say

I found the above interesting article. No, unfortunately it doesn't help the unsolved murder case.

OT - Does anyone know where AG played bridge and what years?

My mom played at a senior Centre in the area and I wonder if they met, although would have been prior to 2003.

Just read Jon Wells book Death's Shadow which covers Audrey's case, but ends when IM (RIP) took over the case. Hoping for justice for AG.

It's a shame that there is no coverage at all about Audrey's case. Who is on it now? Is someone in LE assigned to it? What are they doing to ressurrect her case? Anything? It's been over six years with NOTHING. Maybe it's time to take another stance?

It's a shame that there is no coverage at all about Audrey's case. Who is on it now? Is someone in LE assigned to it? What are they doing to ressurrect her case? Anything? It's been over six years with NOTHING. Maybe it's time to take another stance?

Assuming the case is investigated by Detectives Angela Abrams and Joe Stewart
http://m.guelphmercury.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-
Who killed Audrey Gleave?
Sat., Aug 22, 2015 | By Jon Wells

Angela Abrams has worked 20 years with the Hamilton Police Service, five in the homicide unit — starting roughly around the time of Audrey Gleave's murder.

She knows that the critical period in an investigation is the early hours and days when witnesses are more likely to speak openly and evidence is fresh.

As months and years go by people move on, are less inclined to come forward with information.

Her partner on the case, Det. Joe Stewart, chooses his words cautiously but says the murder remains something of a riddle. They have theories, he says, but have to remain objective and not have tunnel vision on one suspect.

The bar they must meet, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, is a high one, he says.

"There are people of interest who deserve further investigation."

What do they need to break the case?

"People may know things," he says.

Abrams is only a shade more direct.

"Everyone we have talked to has been co-operative but there's a difference between being co-operative and telling the truth," she says.

Detectives continue working the case and receive occasional tips from the public.

Oh Audrey. I haven't thought about you in a while.
What happened to you? How can the killer still be out there??

OT - Does anyone know where AG played bridge and what years?

My mom played at a senior Centre in the area and I wonder if they met, although would have been prior to 2003.

Just read Jon Wells book Death's Shadow which covers Audrey's case, but ends when IM (RIP) took over the case. Hoping for justice for AG.

there IS something real to investigate here the records of games are recorded in local papers with the names of memberes....I did this just once lost the data there WAS some interesting interesting material and a couple of interesting individuals maybe more you could look at one a maker of prosthetic devices a scientist or two it was not a normal bridge group everyone somewhat accomplished...

c

One of her fellow bridge players is referenced in this article:

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2216816-audrey-s-story-continues/

"In her leisure time, Audrey played golf at Brantford Golf & Country Club and became a competitive, skilled bridge player. Her name appeared in The Spectator's Hamilton Bridge Club results.
“She was a very smart person,” said Rita Poder, who sat at the card table with Audrey many times. “She built her own TV and was a computer whiz. I understand she was up all night on the computer…"

Unfortunately this lady passed away in January of this year. She was 93 and had achieved Gold LIfe Master in bridge.

Perhaps there are other bridge player friends that could shed some light?

Here is a link where Audrey is mentioned along with another Hamilton player:

http://www.ecatsbridge.co.uk/sims/archive/ranking.asp?session=002620&event=World+Wide+Bridge+Contest+Friday&offset=1740

Would anyone dare try to steal Audrey's dogs, which we can be fairly sure would cause Audrey to become very combative?
imo, speculation.

http://www.chch.com/city-warns-potential-dognapper/

The City of Hamilton Animal Services says someone is pretending to work for them and taking dogs.
A photo has been released on the Animal Services facebook page. It shows a white van that someone is trying to pass off as an animal control vehicle.

Oh Audrey. I haven't thought about you in a while.
What happened to you? How can the killer still be out there??

It's terrible isn't it I hope Audrey's case hasn't been put in a filing cabinet and forgotten. This lady's killer needs to be caught and punished let's hope a case review is done soon.

I apologize if this has been discussed but I recall that Audrey's coffee group was across the street from McMaster University? I was reading the study on Cannabiniod therapy that was published by this University in 2009 and it talks of the therapeutic uses of cannabis for pain etc. and the MMAR. Is this the school that Audrey studied physics? Her friend Phil had studied there? I believe Scientific American also printed educational material in 2009-2010 and I think with Audrey being a Science teacher that she would of come across this information. My licence is regulated under the MMAR and I use cannabinoid as a neuroproctenant, an anti inflammatory, and to elevate my chronic pain symptoms. Could it be possible that Audrey was interested in the study of Cannabinoid Therapy?

here is the link http://www.stacommunications.com/journals/diagnosis/2009/02-Feb-09/078-Feat-Ennis-Cannabinoids.pdf

Seriously? Cannibas is being introduced as related to AG's case? Under what theory? Scratch under what theory unless LE has introduced it and that can be linked as a fact.

<modsnip>Jmo.

Adrian Humphreys &#8207;@AD_Humphreys 10 Min.Vor 10 Minuten
Millard had a gang who dotted roads around site with walkie-talkies as lookouts, paid them $50 or $100 if heist succeeds, #Bosma trial hears

Adrian Humphreys &#8207;@AD_Humphreys 15 Min.Vor 15 Minuten
Dellen Millard ran well-organized heists of vehicles & equipment from construction sites says Matt Hagerman, Millard's pal at #Bosma trial

FromGermany:
yes --
for what it's worth (again), testimony from the Tim Bosma trial today revealed that Millard orchestrated the theft of a Bobcat trailer with the help of some members of his posse. As FG points out, one member was dropped off in a rural area to be the lookout....
It seems preposterous -- but so is the murder of a beautiful Hamilton husband and father just for a diesel engine: *IS* it possible Audrey's murder was a chop-shop theft gone wrong?
The reason this is seeming less ridiculous to me is because one of the people identified by testimony today in relation to the Bobcat theft is the same person on whose social media account I found the pic that seemed SO STRIKINGLY to reference the boot profiled by LE in Sonia Varaschin's case with hashtag "freshtokill"; I have posted this info on her site (and did call it in to LE). Once upon a time this would all have seemed wholly farfetched -- and may still do for some of us here -- but now I really am left wondering, especially with allegations in relation to the disappearance of Laura Babcock and the death of WM. There was some reference to a camaro receipt in earlier testimony in the Bosma trial; what prosecution in that case suggests is that DM was planning to swap Tim Bosma's truck for the one he already had -- painting it red, and removing the windshield to lose the VIN. It likely was a chopshop op. So ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn