CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has been mentioned on Audrey's thread in the past, apparently new information is listed on the LE site, that suggests a female may be involved in Ms. Clapham's murder.
Considering that the women are somewhat similar in age and appearance, both lived alone and in each case, there was no sign of forced entry and the murders are just several years apart, also, both occurred in December, posting here.
imo.

https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/thelma-clapham-homicide
attachment.php

An autopsy shows she died of blunt force trauma. Investigators have talked to as many as 200 people in this case.

“The interviews conducted resulted in a small group of persons of interest being established,” says Rodzoniak.

None of them could be eliminated *, but no one has been charged. One person is of particular interest. * after ten years!!!

“It’s believed a female is involved, maybe not on her own but it’s still a viable theory.”

http://www.chch.com/police-appeal-public-help-solve-cold-case/
-.-.-.-

.... three search warrants being executed. This has resulted in investigators becoming aware that there are people in our community who have knowledge as to who is responsible for this brutal crime. Unfortunately for various reasons, these people are reluctant to come forward.

http://www.crimestoppershamilton.com/cold-case-files/

-.-.-.-

bbm= Maybe in case Audrey it's the same problem?

This is speculation.

I was sleuthing due to the RB case being brought to retrial for the murder of Diane Werendowicz .One article said he is suspected in other cases. I saw on his LinkedIn site that he has been at Mohawk College for several years up to 2015. He has some computer skills listed. AG apparently also attended Mohawk in her retirement, taking computer courses. I hope LE checked to see if they were in any classes together.

He was not in prison at the time of her death. He was in prison from Dec 1, 1998 until June 14, 2010(I believe) (SC document says bail in July 2009) and his next case wasn't until September 12, 2011. Since the reports point to her knowing the perp, perhaps RB knew her from courses at Mohawk. - again speculation.

Another question in my mind was if she ever taught at RB's high school? Reports say she was at Barton, and Hill Park while RB went to Oak Park.

This is speculation.

I was sleuthing due to the RB case being brought to retrial for the murder of Diane Werendowicz .One article said he is suspected in other cases. I saw on his LinkedIn site that he has been at Mohawk College for several years up to 2015. He has some computer skills listed. AG apparently also attended Mohawk in her retirement, taking computer courses. I hope LE checked to see if they were in any classes together.

He was not in prison at the time of her death. He was in prison from Dec 1, 1998 until June 14, 2010(I believe) (SC document says bail in July 2009) and his next case wasn't until September 12, 2011. Since the reports point to her knowing the perp, perhaps RB knew her from courses at Mohawk. - again speculation.

Another question in my mind was if she ever taught at RB's high school? Reports say she was at Barton, and Hill Park while RB went to Oak Park.

Interesting! Had recently been posting about RB on this thread, also noting redheart's post on that thread..rbbm.
Diane Werendowicz
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?265666-Canada-Diane-Werendowicz-23-raped-amp-murdered-Hamilton-Ont-June-1981&p=12812189&highlight=Diane+Werendowicz#post12812189

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?265666-Canada-Diane-Werendowicz-23-raped-amp-murdered-Hamilton-Ont-June-1981&p=11343812#post11343812

http://metronews.ca/news/hamilton/36...re-never-told/

From the above link: The arrest came 10 months after police formed the Ravine Task Force to reinvestigate 10 linked cases of attacks on women in east Hamilton and Stoney Creek dating back to the early 1980s.

Badgerow was only charged in two of the crimes, but police said they were confident they had nabbed the so-called Ravine Rapist.

Dotr, I would not be surprised at all if he was responsible for more attacks. I wonder if there was any DNA collected in these other attacks.

I'm going to post my question on the DW page too.

I read an eBook that says this teacher was at 3 high schools and none were Oak Park.

This is speculation.

Claroon, according to the timeline, AG's friend JH met her when she was attending Mohawk approx. 2003.

Claroon, according to the timeline, AG's friend JH met her when she was attending Mohawk approx. 2003.

Thanks for the timeline link. I'm new to this thread.

This article points out she took courses after retiring and she retired 2006 according to the timeline So this would be different than the 2003 course. " In retirement, Audrey Gleave took a computer studies course at Mohawk College, achieving a 100 per cent grade." http://m.cambridgetimes.ca/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-

So could have taken Mohawk courses off and on at various times.

I keep pondering this case as I read more. I wonder if they checked whoever installed the convection oven. Or even the mail carrier or his vacation replacement.

I also was thinking why I ever go out in the garage with my coat without my keys. Easy--to meet with the pest control, a contractor, to take out the trash, fetch the mail, to do something with my dog, to do yard work. She didn't have to be coming or going anywhere with the car to be in the garage.

Now, if a service guy came into my garage, he would either then have to shut the door again with the code or my car's garage button, or he'd have to exit another door. If I were on the case, I'd look into how a person exited. Was the remote still in the car? Was a door unlocked? Just thinking.

(sniped by me)

Now, if a service guy came into my garage, he would either then have to shut the door again with the code or my car's garage button, or he'd have to exit another door. If I were on the case, I'd look into how a person exited. Was the remote still in the car? Was a door unlocked? Just thinking.

Many garages have an inside button to push to close the garage, there is no code involved. It is easy to push the inside button then run out of the closing door before it closes. I have done this many times with mine.

Many garages have an inside button to push to close the garage, there is no code involved. It is easy to push the inside button then run out of the closing door before it closes. I have done this many times with mine.

Yes, I suppose you're right. Do you have motion detectors on the floor? I never do that. I think my motion detectors would catch my legs and stop the door. I use the outside code.

Yes, I suppose you're right. Do you have motion detectors on the floor? I never do that. I think my motion detectors would catch my legs and stop the door. I use the outside code.

Mine did not have motion detector but if it met an object/resistance it would go back up.

Just looking at the timeline:

Jan 4 2011 Police released the crime scene at Audrey’s home. Friends and a cleanup crew spent the day cleaning out her home.

Jan 4 2011 Police also released the Lynden farmhouse scene where DLS lived

She supposedly died Dec 29 was found 30th and autopsy began right away. Isn't that all kind of quick? And she was cremated the 4th. Seems quick to me especially during the New Years period.

Just looking at the timeline:

Jan 4 2011 Police released the crime scene at Audrey’s home. Friends and a cleanup crew spent the day cleaning out her home.

Jan 4 2011 Police also released the Lynden farmhouse scene where DLS lived

She supposedly died Dec 29 was found 30th and autopsy began right away. Isn't that all kind of quick? And she was cremated the 4th. Seems quick to me especially during the New Years period.

Hopefully everything was searched and forensically examined as it should have been and not less than, due to LE believing that it was the homeless man who was responsible, who was subsequently discounted due to DNA evidence. Bad things can happen if LE happens to get tunnel vision in a case. (I am appalled at what happened in the murder case of Beverly Perrin, which I believe shared at least one of the detectives in AG's case).

At one time, iirc we had speculated that Audrey may have been on a date when she was killed, this story does not end the same way, but am reminded of the possibility AG was dating.
imo, speculation.fwiw.

http://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/making-her-case
By Duncan McCue
September 29, 2016

1/ The 'big wheel'

It was on a whim that Isabelle St. James decided to try online dating.

The 69-year-old had been single for more than 40 years, after divorcing her first husband and raising three daughters by herself on a farm in Quebec.
Isabelle went out with men from time to time but was largely content to enjoy retirement in her Ottawa-area apartment, reading books and playing bridge with friends.
Besides, she’d never met the right guy.
She had signed up on Plenty of Fish, but it was still very new to her. When a man pinged her on the popular dating site in 2009, she was initially reluctant to continue the conversation.
For one thing, he didn’t have a profile picture. He told Isabelle he was also cautious about using his real name, because he was a “big wheel” in the town of Arnprior, Ont. He was a widower and using what he later revealed was his late wife’s email address.

At one time, iirc we had speculated that Audrey may have been on a date when she was killed, this story does not end the same way, but am reminded of the possibility AG was dating.
imo, speculation.fwiw.

http://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/longform/making-her-case
By Duncan McCue
September 29, 2016

1/ The 'big wheel'

I wonder if police ever sought out any online dating profiles that could have matched AG? I wonder if they examined her computer history indepth?

I wonder if police ever sought out any online dating profiles that could have matched AG? I wonder if they examined her computer history indepth?

How about suspecting an affair with DC? Maybe he bought her the convection oven. as a Christmas gift? (speculation) I'd also check who installed the thing as it may have needed a special vent.

Just saying, mailboxes can be damaged by snow ploughs too not just vandals. Mine was ripped off one winter with the evidence in the snowbank.

How about suspecting an affair with DC? Maybe he bought her the convection oven. as a Christmas gift? (speculation) I'd also check who installed the thing as it may have needed a special vent.

Just saying, mailboxes can be damaged by snow ploughs too not just vandals. Mine was ripped off one winter with the evidence in the snowbank.

Your 1st sentence plus money ("investments" o. similar) perhaps???

Have we ever heard a record of the emergency call PK did when he found Audrey??

IF not then why not - if it's usual to be made public?

6.1 million different “Hero” films have been created in the process: each of the films have been personalised to feature what amounts to millions of everyday people being named “Hero of the World".

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...fPAhWGHsAKHQxHCnAQMwglKAcwBw&bih=786&biw=1600

Long time ago we WSers tried to understand the ambiguity of some pics which were posted in memory of AG here: http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...ved=0ahUKEwjh36KykefPAhVIvBQKHdMYBDwQ9QEIRjAI
Today I coincidentally found the above link; maybe you are interested to learn why Audrey became a "Swedish Hero". :)

http://www.lfpress.com/news/canada/2010/12/31/16719296.html

Just before 11:30 a.m., Gleave's white Camaro was hauled away by a OPP truck.

The house, which sits at the end of a long driveway, was wrapped in police tape. Collision reconstruction, forensic and canine officers could be seen on the property.

Wonder if they found something interesting on/in her car ... for example: if AG was hit with her own Camaro inside the garage assumed maybe because she had injuries to her legs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13