CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, I read somewhere (if I find the link again) that LE will automatically say sexual component to crime if a female victim is stabbed for than 3 times. Last assigned investigator (before current one) said they didn’t believe sexual assault (ie rape). Will def. ask about all this!!!

Hamilton homicides: What do 10 years of cases tell us about killings in the city?
"Breaking down 94 homicides in Hamilton.
News Jul 10, 2019 by Nicole O'Reilly
Ninety-four people have died as a result of homicide in Hamilton over the last 10 years, each leaving behind grieving loved ones and perhaps lessons to prevent others from the same fate.

The homicides ranged from drunken mishaps, to domestic violence to the targeted executions of organized crime members.

The Spectator has created a searchable database detailing each death and what has happened since.

So what does 10 years worth of information tell us about who is killed and why?

The Victims

Men were three times more likely to be homicide victims than women. There have been 71 male victims of homicide in Hamilton since 2009, compared to 23 women.

However, of the 23 women, nine died at the hands of intimate partners — domestic violence. Seven were killed in a murder suicide by someone they knew. Four involved sexual assault or sex workers.

Of the men, nine were killed in drunken fights with friends or family and at least 14 involved drugs.

Victims spanned all ages from two to to 86.

This includes two children, 11 teens between 14 and 19 and six seniors 65 or older. The average age was 39."

"Audrey Gleave, 73
Date: 2010-12-29 | 3401 Indian Trail | stabbed
Summary: Gleave was found stabbed, attacked and sexually assaulted in her rural Ancaster home. Police originally laid charges against a Brantford man living in an abandoned barn down the road, but charges were dropped after DNA evidence didn’t match.

Could brain fingerprinting solve Australia's cold cases?
For something that sounds so spooky, the process for taking a "brain fingerprint" is relatively simple.
The subject's head is strapped with an electrode – something like a pair of noise-cancelling headphones – able to detect brain waves, which "murmur" involuntarily in response to certain stimuli.
-.-
But Mr Ives believes that Dr Farwell's claim of a 100 percent success rate over more than 200 test cases is true – and so do the FBI, the CIA and the US Navy, which funded the development of the technology in the hope it would supersede the polygraph.

That seems kinda scary. I wonder how they would determine any kind of brain reaction in response to stimuli. ie, say they showed gruesome pics of 'the' victim of interest in any given case.. wouldn't many have 'brain reaction' to that.. or say it is a case of something to do with child molestation.. that topic is so revolting to many, I would think it would case a reaction, etc. Or even something which is specifically bothersome to just certain people because of prior life experiences. I remember years ago I worked at a social service agency and was transcribing one of the counsellor's intake sessions with a new client (only the initial intake sessions were recorded/transcribed, while the rest of the sessions were not), and what was in that session made me so uncomfortable, I started having a physical reaction, ie feeling sick, etc. How would the brainwave testing tell the difference between revulsion, guilt, prior knowledge, too-much-interest, etc., I wonder? Very interesting anyway!

Btw, I spoke to LE about this case as part of my work, they wouldn’t divulge anything, I specifically asked if she actually emailed her coffee group & when her coffee group were told she wasn’t going, LE said they couldn’t answer. If it’s a hold back, it’s a bit of an odd one, unless they believe the killer sent it..

Hey everyone.

I am a former Hamiltonian (neighbouring area to this case), and have followed this case for many years.
Although somewhat of a speed read, I have managed to make it to the end of this massive thread; I wonder how many other threads are this long!

The Jon Wells book is fantastic, as are many of his other pieces, he writes a very smooth style, easy to read.

The one minor little factoid that always just eats at me is the closed garage door. Did the murderer enter while the big door was open? Were they already in there? Were they already in the house and followed her out? Did they enter the garage by the side door or window if there was one?

Although I don't think it has ever been suggested, I always felt that the personal item taken may have been underwear, which would check the boxes of both a "sexual component" and also the tear in the pants. Or, as gruesome as it may seem, it could also have been an area that was stabbed. The stab causing the pants tear and prompting the "sexual component".

Anyways, it is nice to see that people still care and have a concern for the story.

Did we ever confirm that Audrey did in fact call or email her coffee group to cancel and do we know what time? Was it an email or a call?

Btw, I spoke to LE about this case as part of my work, they wouldn’t divulge anything, I specifically asked if she actually emailed her coffee group & when her coffee group were told she wasn’t going, LE said they couldn’t answer. If it’s a hold back, it’s a bit of an odd one, unless they believe the killer sent it..

AG apparently emailed a member of her coffee group.

From the timeline found here:

Dec 27 2010 A member of Audrey's coffee group, EM, a science teacher at Westdale, says Audrey emailed someone in the group that she would not be attending the coffee get-together scheduled for Wednesday, Dec 29

Coming on 9 years since Audrey was murdered. I have to say I thought it would have been solved by now. That's not a criticism of LE. I was originally in the camp of 'the young mentee' (is that the related term to mentor?) did it. While I still suspect him, I also recognize that that is the 'easy' solution, not necessarily the correct solution.

Since it's been so long since I've been closely involved in the details of this case (and, well older age), I can't remember if LE ever said that there was any DNA found. Does anyone recall?

Coming on 9 years since Audrey was murdered. I have to say I thought it would have been solved by now. That's not a criticism of LE. I was originally in the camp of 'the young mentee' (is that the related term to mentor?) did it. While I still suspect him, I also recognize that that is the 'easy' solution, not necessarily the correct solution.

Since it's been so long since I've been closely involved in the details of this case (and, well older age), I can't remember if LE ever said that there was any DNA found. Does anyone recall?
Unsure if DNA did not match the original poi, or if there was no DNA at all, imo.rbbm.
June 4 2011
Charges dropped in Gleave homicide
"Outside the courtroom, Scott’s lawyer Charles Spettigue said his client was targeted because he’s “eccentric” and “stands out in a crowd.”

“Police had no DNA evidence, no fingerprints,” he said, adding that police never explained on what grounds charges were laid."

Unsure if DNA did not match the original poi, or if there was no DNA at all, imo.rbbm.
June 4 2011
Charges dropped in Gleave homicide
"Outside the courtroom, Scott’s lawyer Charles Spettigue said his client was targeted because he’s “eccentric” and “stands out in a crowd.”

“Police had no DNA evidence, no fingerprints,” he said, adding that police never explained on what grounds charges were laid."
In the bolded quote, I'm not sure if the lawyer is saying, 'police had no DNA evidence of my client, and no fingerprints of my client', adding that police never explained on what grounds charges were laid'. ... or if the lawyer is saying, 'police had no DNA evidence and no finger prints, period', which is kind of doubtful, considering that AG's friend's DNA and prints may have been all over the place inside the garage and the home.

My feeling is that since LE confiscated the knife the homeless guy had in his possession figuring he'd murdered her with that, since she'd been stabbed, - they sent it away for testing, knowing that if the knife came back with any evidence of AG on IT, the homeless guy would be toast. But after I think it was 6 months, results came back with no such evidence, as well as no evidence of him being at her home/garage. jmo.

Disgusting that 9 years is coming up. Interesting how no similar crimes have been committed in the area since that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne