Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Public figures declaring it a double murder just make the job harder for Police if all the evidence points to murder-suicide.
I suspect we'll end up with a quiet investigation, with no definitive conclusion. At least, no conclusion that embarrasses the family.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I concur unfortunately

If there is a connection to the recent horrible synagogue events, I'd suspect white supremacists / antisemitism not Islamic terrorism. The way the bodies appear to have been staged suggests to me a hate crime. The Shermans were among the highest profile leaders in the Toronto Jewish community, plus their house had only just been profiled in Toronto Life magazine.
If this was Islamic terrorism, wouldn't they be claiming responsibility?

I don’t disagree with you, but doesn’t that beg the question of why he would stage these deaths in a house on the market if it was a murder-suicide? He seems like the kind of person who would want to protect the value of the house for his heirs.
Just bouncing off this post because it mentions the house being up for sale.

The Shermans may have always operated a very tight security, until their house was put on the market. We know the agent had keys to go in there the day they were found.

The keys could have been taken and put back the day before, or alarm pad/security details recorded somewhere in the office and stolen.

@KenWhyte3
as soon as i criticized coverage of sherman story yesterday, i began hearing that there has been interference by some media owners with coverage of the story

@KenWhyte3
Replying to @HeerJeet
we don't know how they died and I'm relaying that I've been told by a couple of sources that pursuit of story has been discouraged, which isn't a cover-up but is still worrisome

^
this is from a former National Post editor which I found interesting.

What kind of interference I wonder.

Agreed.... certainly not the style of a professional hit man
That would depend on whether the aim of the professional hit man was to make it look like a double suicide or murder/suicide.

Websleuths is fact based, so please stop with the conspiracy theory chatter. It simply is not allowed at Websleuths.

While members are allowed to have an opinion and speculate, that opinion / speculation must be based on some known fact that can be backed up by links to MSM / LE or other allowable source.

Just because someone has read something on another conspiracy site or another forum does not make it fact.

ETA: This is a big-fat-admin-told-ya-so-post that says any member posting disrespectfully towards other members will receive a timeout to read The Rules.

:tyou:
Bump

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

"The Winter brothers' lawyer, Brad Teplitsky says his clients will be moving forward with their appeal because they believe the judge made legal errors in dismissing the case.

Teplitsky has been in contact with Kerry Winter since the Shermans' deaths and says Winter has "no comment at this time other than to express his sincere condolences to the Sherman family and is requesting that the media respect their privacy during this period."

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4457330

What kind of interference I wonder.

The CEO of his former company is a friend of the Shermans. Reading between the lines I suspect journalists have been told not to dig deep into anything that may be embarrassing to the Shermans family.

Every time I open up this thread I hear Ellen DeGeneres' voice saying, "P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney!"

Barry Sherman's orphaned cousins fight for cut of Apotex fortune in lawsuit appeal

The Winter brothers' lawyer, Brad Teplitsky says his clients will be moving forward with their appeal because they believe the judge made legal errors in dismissing the case.

Teplitsky has been in contact with Kerry Winter since the Shermans' deaths and says Winter has "no comment at this time other than to express his sincere condolences to the Sherman family and is requesting that the media respect their privacy during this period."

Teplitsky told CBC Toronto his clients will not be attending the funeral Thursday, and have had no contact with the Shermans since they've been "in litigation for many years."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/winter-siblings-lawsuit-barry-sherman-1.4457330

FWIW, a retired homicide officer has stated on CP24, that if it turns out to be a suicide/murder, we won't hear much due to privacy concerns.
Doubt we'll hear anything today, with the memorial being tomorrow.

Way behind - but wanted to make this comment.

BUF said:
Joe Warmington (Toronto Sun) on Bill Kelly Show...

https://omny.fm/shows/bill-kelly-sho...er-of-honey-an

He's the one who wrote that article, discussing this

K - listened to this. Joe says hanging with rope, but we know it was men's belts. Staff in the house he says!! Why didn't the staff find them in the pool area first???

matou said:
I'm looking through the Supreme Court of Canada filings and there is a file for Apotex Inc. vs Her Majesty the Queen. Docket number 37593. File was closed yesterday. Wonder what this is about?

http://www.scc-csc.ca/case-dossier/i...aspx?cas=37593

My note: dismissed 12/14/17

matou said:
Also another file found that ended on Dec 15th and closed yesterday. Apotex Inc vs Eli Lilly, Inc. Docket number 37368. Supreme Court of Canada.

http://www.scc-csc.ca/case-dossier/i...aspx?cas=37368

MizStery said:
snipped by me for space....
Drug Spies Piracy is the pharmaceutical industry's dirty little secret; fighting back has become its dirty little war. With the stakes this high, there are no rules, no conventions. But that doesn't mean there haven't been prisoners.

By Richard Behar
http://archive.fortune.com/magazine...ive/1999/09/06/265303/index.htm?src=longreads
<snip>
But litigating isn't Sherman's only talent. In 1995 he was nailed for importing a generic version of Prozac--the antidepression cure-all patented by Lilly--directly to U.S. customers....

Regarding all the quotes above, I will say that Sherman was going broke, as these lawsuits were all being dismissed. There might be more posted, but I haven't caught up yet and just wanted to post this now.

Also - on the last quote - Big Pharma did it!!! Looks like Sherman was making billions off the generic "steals"!

K - continuing to read.

If there is a connection to the recent horrible synagogue events, I'd suspect white supremacists / antisemitism not Islamic terrorism. The way the bodies appear to have been staged suggests to me a hate crime. The Shermans were among the highest profile leaders in the Toronto Jewish community, plus their house had only just been profiled in Toronto Life magazine.

JMO. Their home was listed on FB's HOUSSMAX.CA and still has some pictures or the home. The home was also listed with a virtual tour on Houssmax's site (it's gone now).The Toronto Star cites them as the source.
Synagogues and Mosques are regularly targeted by hate crimes during special holidays.
Supremacists and anti-Semites may want to take credit for something like this.
If this is a double homicide it IMO would involve a great deal of hatred no matter who would have done it.

FWIW, a retired homicide officer has stated on CP24, that if it turns out to be a suicide/murder, we won't hear much due to privacy concerns.
The press clams up on any suicide. Often there's just bare details of a body being found, often not even that, and no follow up at all. Murder/suicide gets a bit more reporting, but not much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I may be going against some of the grain here, but I suspect sometime in the next 10 days (when there are good opportunities dor news dumps with the holiday season) there will be a terse statement from the Police that they have closed their investigation and no further details will be forthcoming.

Way behind - but wanted to make this comment.

K - listened to this. Joe says hanging with rope, but we know it was men's belts. Staff in the house he says!! Why didn't the staff find them in the pool area first???

My note: dismissed 12/14/17

Regarding all the quotes above, I will say that Sherman was going broke, as these lawsuits were all being dismissed. There might be more posted, but I haven't caught up yet and just wanted to post this now.

Also - on the last quote - Big Pharma did it!!! Looks like Sherman was making billions off the generic "steals"!

K - continuing to read.

Sherman would have massive personal wealth not connected to Apotex.

I strongly suspect that Apotex could go under and his personal financial impact would be completely manageable.

The burial for the Shermans is likely today, by invitation only. Nothing on the funeral homes site about cemetery or burial. Nothing about shiva either. Guess family wants a private time before tomorrows huge memorial service. Cant blame them under the circumstances.

I not anticipating a connection to any crimes against synagogues and I'm not seeing any evidence of white supremacists either. Those crimes tend to be filled with sloppy hate - while this crime took planning, finesse, stealth.

I'm on the fence about the case, but my initiation reaction was that Barry saw some downfall to his finances and/or reputation and decided to end it all and take Honey with him. My secondary reaction is perhaps a double murder with a business/personal vendetta connection. Those are my only two theories at the moment.

jmo

I may be going against some of the grain here, but I suspect sometime in the next 10 days (when there are good opportunities dor news dumps with the holiday season) there will be a terse statement from the Police that they have closed their investigation and no further details will be forthcoming.

I also suspect that will be the outcome if it's actually a murder/suicide or suicide pact. Also if it's a hit orchestrated by high political powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper