Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Sherman doesn't strike me as a dramatic guy given to impulse. This guy was a workaholic, diligent, planned ahead, helped others, a paternalistic type. Plus the two were set to go to Florida within hours - a break from their dull grey environs. He had tuns of lawsuits going all the time - he probably had to sue to "survive" in his competitive business. Hanging just seems counter to this guy's whole MO. Someone - a few people (excluding law enforcement) must know. The "silence is deafening" as the saying goes.

Just to keep the facts we have straight , Honey was flying to Florida today, Barry wasn't going until Dec. 25. I thought it a bit odd.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...om-news-of-the-couples-death/article37362416/

I think Toronto Police will have a lot to answer for if this turns out to be murder. They bungled the Tess Richey case recently so I'm suspect about them.

How could Barry Sherman have committed a murder suicide if a jacket was pulled behind his back and rolled down over arms???

Well, to be unpleasantly graphic: wear the jacket while tying the belt, push jacket back to entangle arms, lunge.

However which way this couple passed, my only thoughts are that I hope it was swift. I hope they didn't experience terror in their final moments. If Honey was found in another part of the house and then moved then perhaps each one was immobilized separately (at a different time) by one person then brought together side by side. Cleverly planned by whoever. Not a trace.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...be-what-happened-inside-50-old-colony-rd.html
A key part of suspicious death investigations is keeping an open mind, said Mark Valois, also a former Toronto police homicide cop who is now director of academic training at the Canadian Tactical Officers Association.

“You step in, you scan the room from one end to the other, up and down, inside and out, do it again, do it 50 times if you have to, and just try not to overlook, keep your mind open to what the possibilities are,” Valois said.

That includes a situation where officers arrive on the scene and find someone hanging.

“One of the things that even the frontline officers are trained in is to not always assume that it’s a homicide — it might be a homicide to make it look like it’s a suicide,” he said, speaking generally.

Among the big questions investigators in all homicides or suspicious deaths are grappling with is the why.

“Motive is the piece that we’re always looking for,” Perry said.

Why would he kill his wife in this bizarre way? Take drugs, go to sleep.

The jackets and belts? Crazy.

Disconnect the camera? Why

I wonder if it is at all possible this could be an accidental death/suicide.

Perhaps HS had a fatal accident and BS finds her, and decides he doesn't want to live without her, takes her to her favorite spot (by the water), and then hangs himself?

The only thing he adored as much as work seems to be his wife. He retired from a very successful job he loved, probably in part to spend it with the woman he loved, if he found himself without both suddenly could he/would he have staged the last scene?

Probably not, but I'm a hopeless hopeful.

IMO whether this is a double murder, double suicide or murder suicide, it was premeditated and staged to appear differently than it actually happened. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

I wonder if it is at all possible this could be an accidental death/suicide.

Perhaps HS had a fatal accident and BS finds her, and decides he doesn't want to live without her, takes her to her favorite spot (by the water), and then hangs himself?

The only thing he adored as much as work seems to be his wife. He retired from a very successful job he loved, probably in part to spend it with the woman he loved, if he found himself without both suddenly could he/would he have staged the last scene?

Probably not, but I'm a hopeless hopeful.

If Honey had a fatal accident and Barry found her the media wouldn't have reported that both died from ligature neck compression.

Also, Barry wasn't retired.

Barry didn't stage anything. These two people were murdered IMO.

IMO, Barry murdered her and then killed himself. Needed to control everything in his life.

IMO whether this is a double murder, double suicide or murder suicide, it was premeditated and staged to appear differently than it actually happened. Nothing would surprise me at this point.
BBM

You’re exactly right. And that’s why I’m sitting firmly on the fence for now. Anything is possible with the info we have so far.

:fence:

<modsnip>

With the latest info on how they were found, am leaning away from murder/ suicide.

Thinking back to the Alvin Liknes murder in Calgary a couple of years ago. That happened because a low life loser was angry about money and believe that Alvin Liknes owed him money. Alvin and wife were about to leave town when they were murdered.

In this case, we have Barry's cousins who are by all accounts low lifes who recently lost a lawsuit for yet more handouts from Barry. I sure hope that isn't what happened to them. The cousins perhaps should have been cut into the original deal, but even if they were they lived as though handouts from Barry were a given. That is, it doesn't sound like any of them had the ambition or ability to do anything with opportunity or money even when they had it. They blew it and wanted more.

What a shame if this is nothing more than a greedy cousin who knew the couple was leaving town and who knew that they were moving, and who thought this was his last chance to "get even".

cousin Kerry had better have a good alibi, he had vowed to be Barry's nemesis.
With the latest info on how they were found, am leaning away from murder/ suicide.

Jacket sleeves rolled down their arms and strung up by belts - definitely murder.

Belts wrapped around necks and tied to the pool railing. Where they tied to the railing at the neck by the belt? Or, wrapped at the neck by the belt and tied to the railing in another way? Or, wrapped and tied to the railing at the neck, but not hanging??

Still unclear, especially the jackets behind their backs.

Not sounding like someone could do that to themselves. In other words, not sounding like murder-suicide, but murder-murder.

I think the jackets also rule out the auto-erotica theory, imo.

"Sources say investigators found the Shermans, side by side, in their windowless pool room, each with a men&#8217;s leather belt wrapped around their necks and tied to the pool railing. Both had on jackets that were pulled &#8220;behind their backs&#8221; and rolled down over their arms.

It is believed the camera in the pool area had been disconnected."

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-mystery-shrouds-deaths-of-billionaire-couple

If Honey had a fatal accident and Barry found her the media wouldn't have reported that both died from ligature neck compression.

Also, Barry wasn't retired.

Barry didn't stage anything. These two people were murdered IMO.

Barry stepped down as CEO in 2014, almost 4 years ago.
He was Chairman now which could mean a lot of things...pushed out...voluntary retirement...illness...etc.
We don't know how much control he had over the board...given the industrial espionage stuff with Teva.
Most boards would have turfed a CEO who used his GF to steal a competitor's secrets.
He also seems to have had a lot of business on the side...he was the main debt-holder for Steelback Brewery which he gave to his son.

Intesting that they say he didn't show up for work Thursday, but nobody found them til Friday.

But wouldn't people have their sleeves rolled down in Canada in winter?

Jacket sleeves rolled down their arms and strung up by belts - definitely murder.

Having your arms held back by a jacket is only a temporary restraint, it can easily be shrugged out of, it's not a method to subdue someone else while you tie a belt around their neck, that would require rope or duct tape or something..

Also, the scene at the Liknes home left no doubt it was homicide, blood everywhere. If this was a double murder, it was done by someone with exceptional powers for controlling people so that they die in an tidy, orderly way.

The jackets rolled down over their arms is as good as tying their hands behind their backs.

I disagree: try it. Pull the jacket off your shoulders and roll down it down at the back and upper arms, until about the elbows. You can't lift your arms to your neck. However you can just reach behind and pull off the other sleeve and you're free.

If the jacket was used to tie the hands, that'd be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995