Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry, regarding your statement:
"Ronna told me she was waiting on an audio tape of Barry killing Honey. Also, a vdo tape of a man covering his face moving a cctv camera at Old Colony, who looked a LOT like Barry!!!!"

Did you ever wonder how a CBC Fifth Estate producer could get her hands on audio and video from a crime scene? Why do you think she shared this information with you? Do you still believe her? I'm wondering if she said it just to see your reaction or something. Just curious since her claim sounds so unbelievable.

It’d be a very huge coincidence for a CBC producer to unquestionably believe she was about to receive an incriminating tape of Barry Sherman committing m/s at the same time CBC had hired actors to play the role of their doubles. I’ve always had a hunch there was more to this unusual re-enactment than just the 5th Estate show, that just happened to be ready to air within days of TPS announcing the targeted double homicide investigation.

“......All seemed to be routine until something happened that caught people’s attention.

Up rolled a silver Ford Mustang with a driver that looked like Barry Sherman at the wheel.

Not only did he look like the Apotex founder but he was trying to emulate him — even wearing a wig.

“I am doing a movie,” explained the driver.

If it already didn’t seem bizarre, behind him in a gold-coloured Lexus RX SUV was a woman playing the part of Honey Sherman.

For a few hours, it had the look that the Shermans were alive and back on Old Colony Rd.

It was surreal.....”
Sherman lookalikes ‘eerie’ as camera crews roll into neighbourhood

ETA - Just a guess, was this re-enactment staged to demonstrate that impersonating people is not rocket science??? And that it was already known the “leaked” tapes were a total fabrication?

Last edited:
I am interested in knowing how you know or can state as fact that honey arrived home before Barry. IF she left apotex before he did, there is no evidence that has been made public that I am aware of that confirms that she arrived home first. She may have gone shopping, visited a friend, etc. In fact, based on what we know it is just as likely that Barry in fact arrived home before she did.

THANK YOU !!!! ...... I was about to post the same thing ...... for all we know Honey could have done any number of things instead of going straight home from the office.

And if they both died close to the same time frame it means she did delay arriving home because she was still wearing her jacket ...... no way would she still be wearing it if she had been home for any length of time .

Who could have murdered billionaire Barry Sherman and wife Honey, two of Canada’s leading philanthropists? – Part 1: the brand-name drug companies

Very detailed story about Barry, litigation, enemies, etc. I don’t recall this ever having been posted previously.
Interestingly, the writers spend a lot of time detailing Barry’s dispute with dr Morton Shulman, the former chief coroner of Ontario. Dr. Shulman developed Parkinson’s disease, and he developed a number of generic medicines that Barry evidently wanted for apotex, and the men feuded bitterly for many years. Shulman and his associat d claimed Barry tried to ruin them financially. The guy running dr Shulmans drug business was dr Martin Barkin. Isn’t that the dr that adopted KW and his siblings? At least it’s the same last name as I recall, maybe KW can comment. Strange how all,these connections seeming to emerge.

In any event, the article is a good summary, and contains lots of detailed info.

Thank you for this post back from a few days ago ...... I read the whole thing ..... it is a lot of reading but worthwhile ..... especially the nasties by Barry when he tried to force Shulman to sell his company to him .... absolutely ruthless !!!!

Also interesting the Sherman connection to the off-shore back door (illegal) drug shipments to the American market.

THANK YOU !!!! ...... I was about to post the same thing ...... for all we know Honey could have done any number of things instead of going straight home from the office.

And if they both died close to the same time frame it means she did delay arriving home because she was still wearing her jacket ...... no way would she still be wearing it if she had been home for any length of time .
Hanukkah had begun at sunset the night before the day the Shermans were last seen. I have always wondered about the menorah and if the candle was lit for the evening of the 13th. (Presuming they had one, based on what we know of her faith and being observant.)

If HS had been wearing a jacket when ultimately found could also mean she arrived home, took the jacket off, and may have put the same jacket on to leave the home again for some reason. (Eg. drop something off for a neighbour.)

Wondering if there are people/ businesses who feel that HS undermined them in some way?
As i have previously posted, cannot help but see they symbolism of the long narrow passageway leading to a body of water.
Thank you for this post back from a few days ago ...... I read the whole thing ..... it is a lot of reading but worthwhile ..... especially the nasties by Barry when he tried to force Shulman to sell his company to him .... absolutely ruthless !!!!

Also interesting the Sherman connection to the off-shore back door (illegal) drug shipments to the American market.

The Nancy Olivieri Affair | pg. 5
"Infuriated by the turn of events, Gideon Koren launched a counter-offensive. He began sending “poison pen” letters to Olivieri’s supporters at the Hospital, to colleagues at large, and to the media. In his letter to Dr. Peter Durie he wrote, “How did you ever get yourself in the middle of this group of pigs? Or did you think this *advertiser censored* won't touch you?” [] Durie asked HSC to investigate the person he suspected; it refused. Koren denied involvement. Olivieri and her colleagues raised $300,000 to cover the costs of defending themselves again. Using a page from Knoll’s playbook, they hired a private detective. It wasn’t until seven months later that they learned the saliva that had sealed the envelopes matched Koren’s DNA. Koren, who five years earlier had edited a textbook entitled Ethics in Pediatric Research, had no choice but to confess. He was disciplined by the Hospital and the University in 2000; was suspended for five months (just two without pay); stripped of a $2 million chair in child health research; and forced to apologize to everyone who had received his poison pen letters.

By now the Olivieri story had been picked up by the international media. An item on 60 Minutes proved to be embarrassing for Apotex’s CEO, Barry Sherman. In an interview with journalist Leslie Stahl, he muttered that Olivieri was “nuts.” Off the record, he’d been saying that to others for some time. (It’s a useful ploy. How is one to challenge such a statement?) When he asked Stahl to delete his comment, she told him, “You know, we’re reporters. We’re not your pals.” The item on 60 Minutes, though brief, succeeded in making the nature of the controversy clear."

"Ronna told me she was waiting on an audio tape of Barry killing Honey. Also, a vdo tape of a man covering his face moving a cctv camera at Old Colony, who looked a LOT like Barry!!!!"

Did you ever wonder how a CBC Fifth Estate producer could get her hands on audio and video from a crime scene? Why do you think she shared this information with you?
RSBM

Exactly.

Did you ever wonder how a CBC Fifth Estate producer could get her hands on audio and video from a crime scene? Why do you think she shared this information with you? Do you still believe her? I'm wondering if she said it just to see your reaction or something. Just curious since her claim sounds so unbelievable.
The look on Detective Price’s face when l mentioned the audio and video: let’s just say....ummmmm, l was on to something. LOL!

Kerry, I wish that I could believe everything you say. But when you embellish or give partial truths, or change what you said before, I feel that you lose credibility, which is unfortunate. Here are a few examples:

Your quote from post #938:
"4. I was questioned by the TPS 5 months after Dec 15th....and NEVER questioned as a suspect! Only mission: find out what l know."

Discrepancy noted: TPS called you in for questioning on February 1st, six weeks after Dec. 15th-- not 5 months later. You had also posted on WS that TPS considered you a prime suspect.

WARMINGTON: Sherman cousin Kerry Winter speaks with Toronto Police

Your quote from post #933:
"I took another polygraph 2 days later arranged by my attorney and “passed with flying colours”.

You neglected to add:

"Winter said he also did a second, independent lie detector test. “My lawyer arranged a polygraph after the CBC’s and I initially passed with flying colours” but “hours later it was inconclusive. Two tests, three results.”

WARMINGTON: Sherman cousin Kerry Winter speaks with Toronto Police

Most definitely Kerry has claimed he was a suspect, even a prime suspect.

And we’re being told Kerry has never actually seen or heard this audio/video that a CBC producer just happened to mention and she’d not viewed it either as she was still awaiting to receive it (from who?) yet Kerry is certain it’s absolute proof of m/s.

May 12, 2018
Kerry Winter post 1222
“...Thank-you.
After meeting with Detective B. Price for an interview/interrogation the lasted over 4 hrs, without a lawyer and willingly handed over my iPhone....l told him everything l know. I also told Tom Klatt what l know. My source is a retired homicide detective. I told him as l was leaving the police station to do the right thing... go back to the original murder/suicide and close the case.
One of the producers at The Fifth Estate told me that they were waiting on an audio of Barry killing Honey. She also told me that a man who closely resembles Barry, (although he was covering his face with a jacket), turned away the camera...guess he forgot to shut off the audio,
I MUST be very careful!!!!
Because l’ve been told that l’m their prime suspect.
The police have backed themselves into a corner by jumping on Greenspan’s or should l say Greenspin’s narrative. They need to make an arrest: a fall guy.
I’ve reached out to a reputable US magazine. They have my story and facts.
The truth will come out. Barry killed Honey...then hung himself.
*****Barry was also VERY connected to the provincial and federal Liberal party.
That’s right: Prime Minister J. Trudeau...”
Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

Hanukkah had begun at sunset the night before the day the Shermans were last seen. I have always wondered about the menorah and if the candle was lit for the evening of the 13th. (Presuming they had one, based on what we know of her faith and being observant.)

If HS had been wearing a jacket when ultimately found could also mean she arrived home, took the jacket off, and may have put the same jacket on to leave the home again for some reason. (Eg. drop something off for a neighbour.)
Another possibility is that HS never had the opportunity to take off her jacket if she was ambushed as she arrived home. The killer may have waited inside for her (found a way to sneak inside while HS and BS were gone), or may have been hiding outside and forced his way inside when HS opened the door. The latter might also explain how HS got beaten up...if she had enough warning to try to close the door before the killer stepped inside, or she tried to push him back out once he stepped inside behind her. JMO

Kerry, just my opinion but telling that story which you insist is the truth, you’re admitting you were willing to facilitate a murder of another innocent person over money (the basis of your relationship with Barry) and dislike (Honey). I don’t understand why you don’t perceive how your recollect is harshly incriminating against yourself, given you’ve mentioned you might be considered a suspect.

But regardless, your story does not prove Barry was physically violent much less suicidal, nor does it negate a targeted double homicide occurring 20 years later.

Only if you had been witness to a murder/suicide occurring Dec 13, 2017 might the results of any one or more polygraphs be significant.
I don't recall KW's reason for not carrying through with the Murder-for-hire scheme, but I'm baffled why he waited until the suspicious deaths of BS and HS to report it to authorities. I keep thinking how much more suspicious it makes KW appear. After the failed lawsuit against BS, KW could have decided his best strategy to bolster his financial situation would be to make amends with BS. And, what better way to get on BS's good side than to eliminate BS's supposedly-hated wife just as he had been solicited to do years ago. IF KW had decided to mend their rift that way and realized BS was unexpectedly distraught over HS's death when he arrived home, then KW would likely have killed BS to keep him quiet.

Why else would KW wait 20 years to report a solicitation for murder? Considering all the years of conflict with BS, reporting BS's murder plot would have been greatly in KW's favor, I would think...sending BS to prison would certainly have removed the threat KW felt from BS. JMO

Another possibility is that HS never had the opportunity to take off her jacket if she was ambushed as she arrived home. The killer may have waited inside for her (found a way to sneak inside while HS and BS were gone), or may have been hiding outside and forced his way inside when HS opened the door. The latter might also explain how HS got beaten up...if she had enough warning to try to close the door before the killer stepped inside, or she tried to push him back out once he stepped inside behind her. JMO

It’s been stated there were break-ins in the neighbourhood, so if Honey was approached by someone impersonating a police officer she may not have been initially alarmed. If so, that could also be a very good reason for TPS to be reluctant in releasing any security videos, to seek the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect.

I don't recall KW's reason for not carrying through with the Murder-for-hire scheme, but I'm baffled why he waited until the suspicious deaths of BS and HS to report it to authorities. I keep thinking how much more suspicious it makes KW appear. After the failed lawsuit against BS, KW could have decided his best strategy to bolster his financial situation would be to make amends with BS. And, what better way to get on BS's good side than to eliminate BS's supposedly-hated wife just as he had been solicited to do years ago. IF KW had decided to mend their rift that way and realized BS was unexpectedly distraught over HS's death when he arrived home, then KW would likely have killed BS to keep him quiet.

Why else would KW wait 20 years to report a solicitation for murder? Considering all the years of conflict with BS, reporting BS's murder plot would have been greatly in KW's favor, I would think...sending BS to prison would certainly have removed the threat KW felt from BS. JMO

Excellent questions for Kerry. And as he stated his goal in speaking out was to hurt Barry’s legacy, why didn’t he publicly humiliate after the falling out while Barry was still in the midst of building that legacy and then watch the cards fall if the allegations also destroyed the Sherman marriage?

“Winter told The Fifth Estate he was going public now with the allegations because he wanted to "hurt" Barry Sherman's legacy...”
Barry Sherman's cousin fails lie detector test over allegation of plot to kill Honey Sherman | CBC News

Excellent questions for Kerry. And as he stated his goal in speaking out was to hurt Barry’s legacy, why didn’t he publicly humiliate after the falling out while Barry was still in the midst of building that legacy and then watch the cards fall if the allegations also destroyed the Sherman marriage?

“Winter told The Fifth Estate he was going public now with the allegations because he wanted to "hurt" Barry Sherman's legacy...”
Barry Sherman's cousin fails lie detector test over allegation of plot to kill Honey Sherman | CBC News
Exactly!

Being from Minnesota, our former Governor, Mark Dayton, who was not Governor at the time but perhaps he was a Senator, brought bus loads of senior citizens to Canada to get cheaper drugs.

There were people in MN giving advice on how to get mail order drugs from Canada. We were grateful that we could

@Kerry Winter
About your opinion of m/s...... So after murdering his wife, somehow Barry stages a double suicide scene side by side so both of them were found to have died by the exact same cause of death, ligature neck compression.

Suicide notes are commonly proof of suicide so what do you think is the reason for him to overlook the significance of writing a suicide note to make the staging seem even more convincing, maybe even written on behalf of the two of them?

Very few suicide notes are actually written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en