Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry, regarding your statement:
"Ronna told me she was waiting on an audio tape of Barry killing Honey. Also, a vdo tape of a man covering his face moving a cctv camera at Old Colony, who looked a LOT like Barry!!!!"

Did you ever wonder how a CBC Fifth Estate producer could get her hands on audio and video from a crime scene? Why do you think she shared this information with you? Do you still believe her? I'm wondering if she said it just to see your reaction or something. Just curious since her claim sounds so unbelievable.
ONLY one source for the audio and vdo tapes:the TPS. I was surprised when Ronna mentioned the tapes. She wasn’t supposed to tell me.....that’s for sure.
After l was filmed at the CBC studio, as l was leaving l turned to the executive producer Harvey Cashore and said, “hey Harvey, l’d love to hear the recording of Barry killing Honey”!
He replied, “what recording”? as he turned and stared at Ronna.
Then he brought it up again in the elevator as he lead me to the front doors...all this occurred with my best friend present.
Then....came the coffee shop meeting.
*** Do l believe there’s a recording? Yes.
*** Do l believe there’s a video of Barry covering his face as he moves the camera? Yes
*** Do l believe the police have these tapes? Yes.

ONLY one source for the audio and vdo tapes:the TPS. I was surprised when Ronna mentioned the tapes. She wasn’t supposed to tell me.....that’s for sure.
After l was filmed at the CBC studio, as l was leaving l turned to the executive producer Harvey Cashore and said, “hey Harvey, l’d love to hear the recording of Barry killing Honey”!
He replied, “what recording”? as he turned and stared at Ronna.
Then he brought it up again in the elevator as he lead me to the front doors...all this occurred with my best friend present.
Then....came the coffee shop meeting.
*** Do l believe there’s a recording? Yes.
*** Do l believe there’s a video of Barry covering his face as he moves the camera? Yes
*** Do l believe the police have these tapes? Yes.

Kerry a question, did you anticipate these tapes were being provided to CBC to be publicly aired on the same 5th Estate documentary as your appearance, featuring the Sherman deaths? Otherwise why would they be handed over to CBC?

Joe W., I believe has a fair amount of credibility as a crime reporter. He is cautious in the interview to always leave some 'fudge' room in his statements, probably not to antagonise his sources in the TPS, by revealing too much. The Police and reporters sometimes have a useful relationship in providing disinformation and/or leaks to serve their own purposes. In this case, I believe the TPS did everything possible to let the perpetrators believe the TPS was looking at a murder/suicide as that served the TPS's objectives at the time. No doubt Joe W. would be upset that his sources in the TPS gave him this misinformation. To make it up to him, the TPS probably has given him some real solid info.

I had previously stated I expected arrests in 2019 as well.

With Barry's death it appears that Jonathan Sherman has become defacto head of Apotex. What has been Jonathon's work experience. Had he been involved much with Apotex? What was his relationship with his father? Had they worked together much? Just curious.

Js had as much experience running a drug company as Trudeau had running anything.... enough said.........

Something I’m curious about (a lot of things actually).

This was reported April/17, regarding the cousins billion or billion and a half dollar lawsuit. There’s no mention what came of it whatsoever but based on these allegations, might’ve a Judge granted an injunction to freeze Barry’s assets of which it appears were primarily Apotex shares, until the lawsuit was settled? Had he intended on selling the company prior to his death but was prevented for that reason?.....we don’t know, just another question mark.

BBM

Teplitsky, the plaintiffs’ new lawyer, said the updated statement of claim was rewritten to flesh out more details around the plaintiffs’ fiduciary claim against Sherman and his co-defendants. They are also seeking to add Sherman’s wife, Honey, his children and his sister as defendants at the July court hearing, alleging that Sherman has transferred assets to them.

(Sherman, in an affidavit affirmed in January 2017, says the defendants oppose this motion to include his relatives because the allegations proposed to be added to the lawsuit “fail to state a cause of action.”)...”

Toronto billionaire’s orphaned cousins seek piece of Apotex fortune

Blank

Reactions: JDG
It appears that Jon Sherman owned/ran Steelback brewery and juices for a little while. I believe the brewery closed in about 2010. Frank D'Angelo has stated that Jon also worked at Apotex from time to time before 2010. With the dismissal Jack Kay by Jon Sherman, Jon has taken effective control of Apotex and has no problem exercising his authority in that role in my opinion. Overall Jon seems to have kept a very low profile.

It appears that Jon Sherman owned/ran Steelback brewery and juices for a little while. I believe the brewery closed in about 2010. Frank D'Angelo has stated that Jon also worked at Apotex from time to time before 2010. With the dismissal Jack Kay by Jon Sherman, Jon has taken effective control of Apotex and has no problem exercising his authority in that role in my opinion. Overall Jon seems to have kept a very low profile.

If it’s true Jack Kay was legally appointed as one of the trustees of the Shermans estates, it possible he was legally appointed to act in the capacity of Chairman on behalf of the Sherman estate. The other reason I think so is because prior to the homicides, Kay’s capacity was vice-chairman. Typically the role of the vice-chairman is to temporarily take over the duties of the Chairman in their absence.

But then after the Estate business is all settled and finalized, the role of Trustee of the Estate is also concluded and so that in itself triggers “the dismissal” of the acting Chairman. Although that would make for a far less sensationalistic news report....

I don’t believe JS has any intention of attempting to run Apotex on the longterm. But as new owners, as it appears the Estate has been finalized and the company has now been turned over to them or JS wouldn’t be perceived to be taking control. If it’s for sale privately or a public share offering is in the works, somebody has to become directly involved. Silence from other key principles at Apotex is very noticeable.

Unrelated to the Sherman deaths, but relatable,imo. fwiw..rbbm.
Jan 3 2019
Alleged master thief robbed Hollywood heavy hitters: Cops
"The alleged master burglar whose accused of netting millions in a series of heists at the Hollywood Hills homes of some of Tinseltown’s biggest stars has been nabbed.

Cops say Benjamin Eitan Ackerman, 32, allegedly robbed showbiz luminaries like Usher, Adam Lambert, Real Housewives’ Dorit Kemsley and Jason Derulo."

"Cops suspect Ackerman cased homes while pretending to be a potential buyer or real estate agent at open houses."
“When he showed up he was dressed to the nines. He acted the part. He was very slick,” Timmons said."

"He said it was sophisticated and included tampering with surveillance cameras.

“Sometimes they were just ripped out and other times the cameras would simply go black until several hours after the burglary occurred,”
Timmons said.

No one challenged him or sought to verify who he was, the detective said."

The impression I have of a 75 year old wealthy philanthropist was his business and investment interests were varied, so unless he was supposed to be at a specific place at a certain time, he managed his time accordingly. As Chairman of the Board he wasn’t involved in day to day operations at Apotex and it’s not as if he was required to punch a time clock.

If the fact that nobody atApotex raised alarm bells is considered suspicious, I think the opposite reaction applies also - if someone there was involved in the murders and if acting normally involved pretending to be alarmed by his one day absence, would that exempt that person from suspicion? Probably not.

Misty, I'm 'late' with this followup, but...

One of the recently-written articles on the Sherman's mentions that even though Barry was CEO, he remained a workaholic and worked 12-hour days.

Possibly he worked feverishly on something "quietly", something new, maybe quite apart from Apotex, or just worked - sometimes - without a need or want of daily contact.

Just strikes me that with all that is going on at Apotex at any time, 24-36 hours of silence, just ahead of a Florida vacation, is quite a lot.

Sure would help to know about what a typical 2017 day was like for both he and Honey.

What were the routines?

Unrelated to the Sherman deaths, but relatable,imo. fwiw..rbbm.
Jan 3 2019
Alleged master thief robbed Hollywood heavy hitters: Cops
"The alleged master burglar whose accused of netting millions in a series of heists at the Hollywood Hills homes of some of Tinseltown’s biggest stars has been nabbed.

Cops say Benjamin Eitan Ackerman, 32, allegedly robbed showbiz luminaries like Usher, Adam Lambert, Real Housewives’ Dorit Kemsley and Jason Derulo."

"Cops suspect Ackerman cased homes while pretending to be a potential buyer or real estate agent at open houses."
“When he showed up he was dressed to the nines. He acted the part. He was very slick,” Timmons said."

"He said it was sophisticated and included tampering with surveillance cameras.

“Sometimes they were just ripped out and other times the cameras would simply go black until several hours after the burglary occurred,”
Timmons said.

No one challenged him or sought to verify who he was, the detective said."
bbm red

Who knows, how many "real estate agents" showed up at Old Colony Road, one impressed by the next as all were working in luxurious homes only .....

Misty, I'm 'late' with this followup, but...

One of the recently-written articles on the Sherman's mentions that even though Barry was CEO, he remained a workaholic and worked 12-hour days.

Possibly he worked feverishly on something "quietly", something new, maybe quite apart from Apotex, or just worked - sometimes - without a need or want of daily contact.

Just strikes me that with all that is going on at Apotex at any time, 24-36 hours of silence, just ahead of a Florida vacation, is quite a lot.

Sure would help to know about what a typical 2017 day was like for both he and Honey.

What were the routines?

I don’t think we know of his daily routines aside from he was still active in the pharmaceutical industry and involved in commercial real estate and philanthropy. But he’d relinquished the President/CEO role a few years earlier and as Chairman was no longer involved in day to day operations of Apotex. There was mention of 12 hour days but that was in the “early years”.

“Despite their busy household, Barry spent most of his time at the Apotex offices – six days a week, in the company's early years, often working longer than 12-hour shifts. At night, he slept with a pad and pen by his bedside in case he woke with an idea...”
‘Yin and yang’: Barry and Honey Sherman were polar opposites who devoted themselves to philanthropy

Various earlier murder theories made a possible competitive connection with Canada’s foray into legalized marijuana, development of pot pills and Apotex’s partnership with Canntrust. However as time has moved on, the loss of the Apotex founder doesn’t appear to have had any major impact.

CannTrust and Apotex Accelerate Partnership to Fuel Global Expansion in Medical Cannabis Market
“VAUGHAN, ON, Aug. 8, 2018 /CNW/ – CannTrust Holdings Inc. (“CannTrust” or the “Company”, TSX: TRST), one of Canada’sleading licensed producers and most trusted brands of cannabis announced today that the Company is accelerating its exclusive partnership with Apotex Inc., the largest Canadian-owned generic pharmaceutical company and a global leader and innovator in the production and distribution of high-quality, affordable medicines. Ahead of schedule, the partnership is developing alternate dosage formats for medical cannabis products, which will advance CannTrust’s leadership in the medical cannabis market in Canada, and on a global basis.....”

Canntrust also is a supplier of marijuana legally sold in raw form —
CannTrust determined to meet 100,000 kg production target despite expansion delay

CP24 Interview with TPS’s new head of homicide, Insp. Hank Idsinga. From December 28th, 2018:
“I have always been and will always be that guy who is down on his haunches with my notebook open right beside the body taking that really close look at it, where nobody else wants to go anywhere near that body,” he explained in a year-end interview with CP24.com.

"I just seem to be able to put everything else aside and recognize what needs to get done."

He recalled a particularly unpleasant scene 25 years ago when he was a constable at 14 Division.

“I was at a sudden death scene and we had this decomposing body in a rooming house in a very small room and even the coroner wouldn’t go in,” he said.

“The coroner stood by the door and I said, ‘OK, I’ll go in. What do you want me to do?’ I snap on some gloves and the coroner stood 10 feet back with a mask on his face.”

Meet the new head of the Toronto Police Service's homicide unit

CP24 Interview with TPS’s new head of homicide, Insp. Hank Idsinga. From December 28th, 2018:

From your link, interesting to note the team approach. It’s confirmation that one set of dedicated officers working on only one homicide investigation at a time is a misperception in today’s world.

“He (Idsinga) noted although he was the major case manager (re-McArthur) , there was a “huge team of people” working on the investigation.

“While I became the face of it, it certainly wasn’t a Hank Idsinga investigation. It was a Toronto Police Service investigation and it was a team-focused investigation,” he said.

“At any particular time, you can pluck people in or insert people into that investigation and it won’t skip a beat.”

Idsinga added that the same will be true for the investigators involved in the unsolved December 2017 murders of billionaires Barry and Honey Sherman.

The lead detective Susan Gomes has been promoted to inspector and will soon be moving to a new unit.

“We tackle these investigations as teams,” he said. “She is still going to be in the building and she is still going to be a resource.”.....

......“If each officer is responsible for six to seven murders a year, that is a comfortable pace… Right now I’ve got some officers who are responsible for 10, 12, 14 cases in 2018.”.....”

He sounds like a dedicated workaholic. It's a shame administrative work cuts into his time to be involved in the investigation side.

Learned a new word "gunnysacked". :)

Gunnysacking - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gunnysacking - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gunnysacking is a metaphor, used in conflict resolution, which involves the act of "storing up" grievances acquired in the course of a relationship, rather than resolve them when they first occurred.The word is based on the idea of using a gunny sack (burlap bag) storing a number of items.A typical example might occur in a marriage facing occasional difficulty.

Question for @Kerry Winter - if LE could place you or your car being around Apotex, the Sherman home, or other Sherman landmarks prior to the murders, would there be a reasonable explanation for that? Or were you not near them at all at that time?

ETA: when was the last time you were physically close to either of the Shermans, or property associated to the Shermans, prior to their murders?

Question for @Kerry Winter - if LE could place you or your car being around Apotex, the Sherman home, or other Sherman landmarks prior to the murders, would there be a reasonable explanation for that? Or were you not near them at all at that time?

ETA: when was the last time you were physically close to either of the Shermans, or property associated to the Shermans, prior to their murders?

I believe Lexi your intentions are very positive but I believe these are very difficult questions to answer. If KW says he was nowhere near the Shermans, some people will not believe him. If he says yes, some people may jump to a conclusion regarding his involvement.

If I were KW I would not answer, just too incriminating either way. Probably thousands of people were around Apotex, the Sherman home or other Sherman landmarks shortly before the murders.

Wondering what will happen now to this ultra-prime piece of land?
The house Honey and Barry Sherman would have built | The Star
"The property at 91 Old Forest Hill Rd. is desolate now, an empty 25,000-square-foot lot near Eglinton Ave. W. and Spadina Rd. where a house once stood. The plot of land was registered in Honey’s name in November 2016, and the old house had been demolished to make way for something new."

Wondering what will happen now to this ultra-prime piece of land?
The house Honey and Barry Sherman would have built | The Star
"The property at 91 Old Forest Hill Rd. is desolate now, an empty 25,000-square-foot lot near Eglinton Ave. W. and Spadina Rd. where a house once stood. The plot of land was registered in Honey’s name in November 2016, and the old house had been demolished to make way for something new."
The property was in HS’s name alone. The Star reported that her will was not found; I wonder if that complicates matters.

Even if the Shermans died hours apart, by the time they were found it might be difficult to pinpoint their times of death.

On the TPS list of unsolved murders, the homicide number for BS is listed *before* HS. That may mean nothing, they may just had to assign a number, but it stuck out to me.
6C6D28D2-2357-42D7-AD37-D28CF0CBE447.png

Toronto Police Service :: To Serve and Protect

In the above page, murder victim MY is listed as the 61st homicide. He was dicovered at around 12:30 am approximately 10-11 hours before, on the day the Shermans were found. The Shermans are numbers 64 and 65.

The 62nd and 63rd homicides are not there. Were there four murders between 12:30 am and 11:45 am on December 15th, 2017? I may not have searched hard enough, but I didn’t find those two on a list or in the news.

Or were there four murders between December 15-31, 2017 and the numbering is off?

On many/most wills in Ontario, there is a survivorship clause that states that the beneficiary must survive for thirty days in order for the will to take effect.

If that beneficiary does not survive for thirty days, the will is otherwise distributed to other beneficiaries in the will.

I'd think in a double murder, hours wouldnt matter at all. Impossible to figure out who died first and if there's a clause, her will won't count anyway.

Just my opinion.

On many/most wills in Ontario, there is a survivorship clause that states that the beneficiary must survive for thirty days in order for the will to take effect.

If that beneficiary does not survive for thirty days, the will is otherwise distributed to other beneficiaries in the will.

I'd think in a double murder, hours wouldnt matter at all. Impossible to figure out who died first and if there's a clause, her will won't count anyway.

Just my opinion.
That is my understanding as well.

Also, if there is no clause in the will (common disaster clause) and it cannot be determined which spouse died first, their estates are treated as though each spouse survived the other.

H’s & B’s wills would be settled independent of each other.

The Star’s story about HS’s will makes it sound as though it matters who died first, even if it was a matter of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj