Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up - I have the book but I haven't started yet. I was wondering how much meat there could be at this stage of the investigation with so little info released.
Here is the Table of Contents. I'm finishing Chapter 11, mostly biographical about their wealth an charitable contributions.

Prologue

1 Wrong Turn

2 Being Barry

3 Clues

4 Finding Honey

5 The First 48

6 Beginnings

7 The Trail

8 Make a Bit of Money

9 Family Matters

10 Building a Bigger Empire

11 King and Queen

12 Risky Business

13 Working Theory

14 The Day Of

15 Duelling Investigations

16 The Most Likely Scenario

17 Aftermath

It looks like there are more revelations ahead in the book. I won't spoil it for myself or anyone else. I'm sure KD would not have released the book without some theory as to the perps as we're approaching a possible announcement from TPS is the near future.

Wow..
Dec 14 2019
rbbm
Honey Sherman had a will she updated shortly before billionaire couple slain, confidant reveals | The Star

"Honey Sherman said she had a will and had made changes to it three weeks before she and husband Barry Sherman were murdered, a confidant of Honey’s told Toronto police detectives in the early days of the investigation."

"The service provider also told the detective about an odd occurrence at the Sherman home on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017 — just a few days before the murders (though the Sherman bodies were discovered on Dec. 15, they were likely killed on Dec. 13). Their house was on the market, listed at $6.9 million. While the service provider was with Honey, a Sherman realtor came in and explained that a person was interested in seeing the home using FaceTime. The realtor walked through the house, even pointing the phone at Honey and the service provider. Honey waved, the service provider recalled.

What struck the service provider as particularly odd is that the person viewing the images could not be seen on the FaceTime screen and the person was asking questions by sending text messages — not speaking."

Last edited:
O.M.G.
"Honey Sherman said she had a will and had made changes to it three weeks before she and husband Barry Sherman were murdered, a confidant of Honey’s told Toronto police detectives in the early days of the investigation.

It’s an important piece of information from the now two-year-old case because of the persistent mystery over whether or not Honey had a will. According to friends and family members, no will belonging to Honey was found following the murders"

Wow..
Dec 14 2019
rbbm
Honey Sherman had a will she updated shortly before billionaire couple slain, confidant reveals | The Star

"Honey Sherman said she had a will and had made changes to it three weeks before she and husband Barry Sherman were murdered, a confidant of Honey’s told Toronto police detectives in the early days of the investigation."

"The service provider also told the detective about an odd occurrence at the Sherman home on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017 — just a few days before the murders (though the Sherman bodies were discovered on Dec. 15, they were likely killed on Dec. 13). Their house was on the market, listed at $6.9 million. While the service provider was with Honey, a Sherman realtor came in and explained that a person was interested in seeing the home using FaceTime. The realtor walked through the house, even pointing the phone at Honey and the service provider. Honey waved, the service provider recalled.

What struck the service provider as particularly odd is that the person viewing the images could not be seen on the FaceTime screen and the person was asking questions by sending text messages — not speaking."

Thank you for the link- that’s shocking!

At the time of the murders, FaceTime had a glitch, which may or not be relevant here.

It worked like a wiretap.

“A new creepy flaw in Apple’s popular video and audio call app FaceTime allows the caller to listen in on the receiver’s iPhone, even if that person has not picked up the call, according to multiple news reports and users who claims they have experienced the bug.

The bug allows someone who calls another person to hear the audio from the iPhone or Mac of the person they’re calling by adding yourself to the call. Here’s how 9 to 5 Mac, one of the first publications to report and reproduce the bug, explained it:

• Start a FaceTime Video call with an iPhone contact.
  • Whilst the call is dialling, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap Add Person.
  • Add your own phone number in the Add Person screen.
  • You will then start a group FaceTime call including yourself and the audio of the person you originally called, even if they haven’t accepted the call yet.”
Anyone Can Spy on You With FaceTime, Here's How to Turn It Off [Updated]

It never made sense that Honey would not have a legal will. TPS did not interview this service provider for 6 six weeks after she/he had contacted them about Honey recently changing her will. That blows the theory that TPS were giving out false information imo.

It never made sense that Honey would not have a legal will. TPS did not interview this service provider for 6 six weeks after she/he had contacted them about Honey recently changing her will. That blows the theory that TPS were giving out false information imo.

why were they so lax in interviewing people?

I wonder if *somebody's* hands were tied, as far as someone high up on the case from TPS, until the Star came out publicly with that article stating 'it was murder' after ME#2 indicated that.. ? I wonder if that is why Susan Gomes seemed so out of sorts that day - she was the one who had to put herself out there on public display and answer questions as to why TPS took 6 weeks to figure out they were dealing with a double homicide. I'd be p!$$ed too, if I was more senior on the case, and thought it was double murder, but someone else perhaps higher up, trumped me and swayed the investigation to go on the lines of M/S, then I was the one left holding the ball to have to explain it. Or not. Maybe they are all just a bunch of incompetents. Guess we won't know til we know. jmo.

Can the information be retrieved as to whom made the FaceTime call?
I would think so.. at least from where and from whose phone (unless it was a burner phone). Surely the realtor in question would've also vetted this secret person before wasting her and H's time in doing this, and showing them the entire house??

If you buy an unlocked iPhone from someone, how do you get a new phone number? Who assigns it and what kind of info do you need to provide to get the number?

If you buy an unlocked iPhone from someone, how do you get a new phone number? Who assigns it and what kind of info do you need to provide to get the number?

My first cell phone was an unlocked cellphone.

I had to get service and a SIM card from a service provider, they ask for ID. (I’d imagine you could use fake ID).

If you say you just want to pay as you go, no billing, you just pay the set-up fee.

I would think so.. at least from where and from whose phone (unless it was a burner phone). Surely the realtor in question would've also vetted this secret person before wasting her and H's time in doing this, and showing them the entire house??

The callers would have needed an agent. The agent would have had to present their realtor credentials...unless the Sherman realtor made an error.

Reminded of this mysterious call and wondering if there could be any connection to the "Face Time" caller to the real estate person.
Could they have done something to manipulate the phones in the area? imo.
May 20 2019
Barry and Honey Sherman’s neighbours cite mysterious 911 call, visitor on day before billionaires found dead | The Star
"On the Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m., a full day before the Sherman bodies were discovered, homeowners down the road from the Shermans answered a knock on their door. The Star has agreed not to identify the homeowners or their exact address. They live roughly 10 houses away on Old Colony, near Bayview Ave. and Hwy. 401.

The man at the door was a uniformed police officer asking if someone in their home had made a 911 call. The homeowners said no. The officer shared few details, but said police believed it came from the homeowners’ house, but did not say if the call had come from a cellular phone or a landline. The officer did not say what time the call came in."

Wow..
Dec 14 2019
rbbm

Given the existence of the lockbox and now this, it appears to me that the realtors are linked to these murders, certainly by carelessness if nothing else.

My first cell phone was an unlocked cellphone.

I had to get service and a SIM card from a service provider, they ask for ID. (I’d imagine you could use fake ID).

If you say you just want to pay as you go, no billing, you just pay the set-up fee.

If these were professional killers I expect they would know how to deal with the technology so as not to be identified.

I wonder if *somebody's* hands were tied, as far as someone high up on the case from TPS, until the Star came out publicly with that article stating 'it was murder' after ME#2 indicated that.. ? I wonder if that is why Susan Gomes seemed so out of sorts that day - she was the one who had to put herself out there on public display and answer questions as to why TPS took 6 weeks to figure out they were dealing with a double homicide. I'd be p!$$ed too, if I was more senior on the case, and thought it was double murder, but someone else perhaps higher up, trumped me and swayed the investigation to go on the lines of M/S, then I was the one left holding the ball to have to explain it. Or not. Maybe they are all just a bunch of incompetents. Guess we won't know til we know. jmo.
As Misty and I were just posting, it's the Medical Examiner/Coroner's Office that determines the cause and manner of anyone's death. The Chief Coroner reports and is under the direct control of the Ontario provincial government, specifically the Soliciter General. No one in the TPS, or who has power over the TPS (municipal government), is going to be able to interfere with the provincial Coroner's Office.

I'm sure there was a strong desire in the Coroner's office, because the case was so high profile, to get it absolutely, 100% right, and not to determine a wrong cause of death. That meant looking at all the medical evidence and all the circumstances. This is not a field where "probably" or "most likely" carries any weight. This is 100% science, where the medical examiner must prove it could not have been suicide or murder-suicide. To completely rule that out as a possibility is much more involved than looking at a couple of pieces of evidence and jumping to a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member