Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COVID-19 Update
''Supporting the Community

Apotex has a long history of supporting communities around the world in times of need. This time is no different.

To date, we have made multiple donations of Hydroxychloroquine to clinical trials being conducted within Canada. Read more about one study focused on examining whether or not hydroxychloroquine prevents infection of COVID-19 in front-line healthcare employees. We have also donated much needed medical supplies to affected areas.
We continue to review additional opportunities to support other communities around the world.

Continued Recruitment During COVID-19

We also know many people have been economically impacted due to this crisis. As a pharmaceutical company, millions of patients rely on us every day. Because of this, we have the tremendous responsibility to stay open and continue the work that we do. We have a wide range of open positions within the organization that we hope to fill even during these unprecedented times. Part of “Innovating for Patient Affordability” means being agile and putting you first. At this time, we are taking precautionary measures by adapting our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.''

Last updated: 03/31/20

Okay, someone is doing Barry & Honey proud ♥️♥️♥️

COVID-19 Update
''Supporting the Community

Apotex has a long history of supporting communities around the world in times of need. This time is no different.

To date, we have made multiple donations of Hydroxychloroquine to clinical trials being conducted within Canada. Read more about one study focused on examining whether or not hydroxychloroquine prevents infection of COVID-19 in front-line healthcare employees. We have also donated much needed medical supplies to affected areas.
We continue to review additional opportunities to support other communities around the world.

Continued Recruitment During COVID-19

We also know many people have been economically impacted due to this crisis. As a pharmaceutical company, millions of patients rely on us every day. Because of this, we have the tremendous responsibility to stay open and continue the work that we do. We have a wide range of open positions within the organization that we hope to fill even during these unprecedented times. Part of “Innovating for Patient Affordability” means being agile and putting you first. At this time, we are taking precautionary measures by adapting our recruitment strategy to ensure our staff and applicants are safe by conducting our interviews and onboarding online.''

Last updated: 03/31/20

Okay, someone is doing Barry & Honey proud ♥️♥️♥️

I agree with you. They’re making them proud❤️.

None of the Sherman children seemed to want to choose Apotex as their career, but they are all philanthropists.

They have resources at Apotex that are more valuable than money right now, and they’re making a difference with this pandemic.

Barry and Honey set a great example and they’re following their paths. ❤️❤️

The murderer/murderers must be loving this whole lockdown situation. Probably little to no investigation going on. Every day that passes imo lessens the chances that these crimes will be solved.imo

I agree with you. They’re making them proud❤️.

None of the Sherman children seemed to want to choose Apotex as their career, but they are all philanthropists.

They have resources at Apotex that are more valuable than money right now, and they’re making a difference with this pandemic.

Barry and Honey set a great example and they’re following their paths. ❤️❤️

Apotex manufactures hydroxychloroquine for other ailments (malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis). The fact that they are supplying this drug free for research in the hope that it proves beneficial for covid 19 will be a boon for the company in sales. I will believe the company's (family's) altruism if they continue to provide the drug free or at a low cost if it proves to be beneficial in treating covid 19. Time will tell. jmo

Last edited:
Apotex manufactures hydroxychloroquine for other ailments (malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis). The fact that they are supplying this drug free for research in the hope that it proves beneficial for covid 19 will be a boon for the company in sales. I will believe the company's (family's) altruism if they continue to provide the drug free or at a low cost if it proves to be beneficial in treating covid 19. Time will tell. jmo

If it works for COVID, it will become the #1 selling drug in the world, what a windfall.

Apotex is stepping up to the plate in a big way, Barry Sherman would be so proud, imo.
Canada's Largest Pharmaceutical Company Produces Hand Sanitizer to Support the Fight Against COVID-19

April 13, 2020

''A division of Apotex, the facility located in Brantford, Ontario, produced an initial run of 500 one-litre bottles of sanitizer which were donated to Brant County to be distributed among local community agencies and healthcare facilities.

Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario. "Companies like Apotex are showing the Ontario spirit by stepping up to the plate and offering to help. Working together, we will defeat COVID-19 and get through this crisis."Over the past few weeks, we've seen an overwhelming number of Ontario businesses join the fight against COVID-19, whether it's re-tooling to manufacture vital supplies like hand sanitizer, masks, or ventilators, or delivering those supplies to our frontline health care workers and first responders," said Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario.

As the demand for hand sanitizer increased, Apotex Pharmachem worked to re-tool part of its facility to begin production of this much-needed product. Dozens of employees across all functions collaborated to get production of the hand sanitizer, which is licensed under Health Canada for distribution in Canada, ramped up as quickly as possible.''

that's good on the possible covid drug......... is it not off-patent and this would be off-label? so i doubt there'd be a huge financial windfall for one company.

does tonic water still have anti-malaria characteristics?........

i doubt this is related but i thought of barry/honey reading about this elderly/oral surgeon/philanthropist found killed in toronto...... reminds me of nelson davis' son and his murder in the WWF (wildlife) parking lot

So far based on early test results from Brazil, Sweden and France, HCQ is not the miracle drug for COVID that many were hoping for.
Likely the TPS, during the pandemic, will have other priorities ahead of the Sherman case, so it is not likely we will hear any news or updates. About the only thing we can hope for is some sort of Supreme Court ruling.

Contrary to what many people believe time is not on the side of the perp. As time goes by, people talk, people make mistakes, people remember things. No statute of limitations on murder.

that's good on the possible covid drug......... is it not off-patent and this would be off-label? so i doubt there'd be a huge financial windfall for one company.

does tonic water still have anti-malaria characteristics?........

i doubt this is related but i thought of barry/honey reading about this elderly/oral surgeon/philanthropist found killed in toronto...... reminds me of nelson davis' son and his murder in the WWF (wildlife) parking lot
Not likely related? but some similarities , ie. North York, Doctor, philanthropist, senior, U of T association, murder not immediately apparent, imo speculation.
Started thread..
Paul Morgan,79,philanthropist/oral surgeon, murdered,Toronto,14 April 2020,

Star reporters finalists for Arthur Ellis crime writing awards
April 22, 2020
''Two Toronto Star reporters, Katie Daubs and Kevin Donovan, have both been shortlisted in the Best Nonfiction Crime Book category, Daubs for her book “The Missing Millionaire: The True Story of Ambrose Small and the City Obsessed with Finding Him” (McClelland & Stewart) and Donovan for “The Billionaire Murders” (Penguin Random House). Their co-finalists were Debra Komar for “The Court of Better Fiction” (Dundurn Press); Vanessa Brown for “The Forest City Killer” (ECW Press); and Charlotte Gray for “Murdered Midas” (HarperCollins).''

Ws threads..
CANADA - Canada - Ambrose Small, 56, Toronto, 2 Dec 1919

CANADA - Canada - Unsolved murders of young people in London, Ont, 1960s-70s

Star reporters finalists for Arthur Ellis crime writing awards
April 22, 2020
''Two Toronto Star reporters, Katie Daubs and Kevin Donovan, have both been shortlisted in the Best Nonfiction Crime Book category, Daubs for her book “The Missing Millionaire: The True Story of Ambrose Small and the City Obsessed with Finding Him” (McClelland & Stewart) and Donovan for “The Billionaire Murders” (Penguin Random House). Their co-finalists were Debra Komar for “The Court of Better Fiction” (Dundurn Press); Vanessa Brown for “The Forest City Killer” (ECW Press); and Charlotte Gray for “Murdered Midas” (HarperCollins).''

Ws threads..
CANADA - Canada - Ambrose Small, 56, Toronto, 2 Dec 1919

CANADA - Canada - Unsolved murders of young people in London, Ont, 1960s-70s
Always up-to-date, dotr! :) Thank you.

Last night I watched KD on FDA’s tv show. It was a rerun from just after the KD’s book was published. FDA appeared pretty sincere in his emotions regarding the murders and his relationship with Barry. KD didn’t say anything we don’t already know, but did say that he was continuing to work on additional chapters of the book as events progressed.

Still catching up after a three-month hiatus. Hope everyone is safe and well.

This JS quote bothers me:

"You were like a lock and a key: each pretty useless on your own. But together you unlocked the world for yourselves, and for us and for so many others."

It isn’t true (first part) and strikes me as distant and odd.

rbbm. Interesting and unusual, wondering where the art figures were buried? imo.
Court challenges to secrecy of Barry and Honey Sherman murder case and estate files delayed by pandemic
April 30, 2020
''What instructions did the late Barry Sherman leave regarding his multi-billion-dollar fortune and was his wife Honey updating her own will before the couple was killed?

Are the Toronto Police any closer to solving the high-profile Sherman murder case?

Why do police say there is a connection between the Sherman estates and their homicide investigation?''

Legal challenges to try to get answers to those and other questions are delayed until at least July, in one case, and the fall in another, due to postponements of most court hearings because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Toronto Star is challenging sealing orders on court files related to the Shermans and cases that would have been heard in March and May will now be heard in July and October.''

''Police have not answered questions from the Star regarding the art figures, which the Star has been told (by a Sherman family member) were buried when the house was torn down.''

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member