CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it--but I can't believe how much the coverage has died off in this case. I remember early in the investigation, many folks argued that this case was doomed and wouldn't be solved. 4 years out--it appears as though they are right as there seems to be nothing big happening on this case after well over 1000 days of investigation.

I hate to say it--but I can't believe how much the coverage has died off in this case. I remember early in the investigation, many folks argued that this case was doomed and wouldn't be solved. 4 years out--it appears as though they are right as there seems to be nothing big happening on this case after well over 1000 days of investigation.

You could be right but because much of Canada’s media is US owned, so many of the most popular podcasts and feature crime writers are Americans it seems that most of the crime that occurs in Canada gains low notice. Plus there’s really not too much attention getting or glitzy about the Shermans’ double murders, no sex, no illicit relationships, no blackmail nor major scandal (that is known). Even our generic pharmaceutical industry is small potatoes in the big picture. JMO

Kevin Donovan, the Toronto Star journalist has made some updates since his book, and prior articles. It is worth a new read. One thing that was never reported was that the architects who met with Barry and Honey at Apotex the evening they were murdered said both Sherman's were in good moods discussing the house plans.

If true, that dispels the theory that Barry freaked out during or after this meeting because he resented the move, or the costs, or any over-costs that came up at this meeting, and killed her. No, he was in a good mood. He voiced his preference for sliding patio doors instead of french doors. He was committed to Honey's wishes, and he said that from the very beginning.

KD hasn't given up slamming the TPS for their initial investigation, and has found more information that substantiates his claims. Read the article. Looking forward to the TPS press release tomorrow.

PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions

Toronto police plan update into Barry and Honey Sherman homicide investigation
Toronto police are expected to provide an update into the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman as the fourth anniversary of their deaths approaches this week.
Tuesday’s press briefing will involve Det. Sgt. Brandon Price of the homicide squad and is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m.

CP24 will broadcast it live and online.

Toronto Police to Release Update in the Sherman Double Homicide Investigation
Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 11 a.m.,
Toronto Police Headquarters, Media Gallery

On Tuesday, December 14, 2021, at 11 a.m., in the Media Gallery of Toronto Police Headquarters, located at 40 College Street, Detective Sergeant Brandon Price, from Homicide, will be updating the media on the investigation into the murders of Barry and Honey Sherman.

The news conference will be broadcast over the Dome Productions and will be live-streamed on YouTube.

Media may participate in this news conference virtually or in-person.

Virtual attendance must be confirmed by emailing Meaghan Gray, at meaghan.gray@torontopolice.on.ca, for the WebEx link. Please note a meeting invitation must be requested for every news conference. Previously-issued links will not provide access.

The meeting will open at 10:45 a.m., and logins will close at 10:55 a.m.
Toronto Police Service :: Media Advisory #51734

Dec 14 2021 rbbm.
''Last June, a court unsealed Barry Sherman’s will, showing it was changed significantly nine months before he was killed.

He ordered his assets outside of his primary business split evenly among his four adult children.

Barry Sherman formed the generic pharmaceutical company Apotex, and his net worth at the time of his death was more than $4 billion according to sources in the financial press.

Tuesday’s press briefing will involve Det. Sgt. Brandon Price of the homicide squad and is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m.

CP24 will broadcast it live and online.''

That’s it?

Typical KD reporting style, he simply cannot resist dusting his news stories with allegations of police incompetence, to the point that I think he loses credibility. Can any of us say what a reasonable length of time would be for LE to prove to a judge that IT devices belong to the homeowner, aside from the fact they were found inside the home? What was found would seem to be what’s most significant - does anyone truly care the search warrant might be dated three weeks after the murders?
LE wasn't allowed to access BS's phone until they got their search warrant.. so I'm sure that LE and many others care (including myself) that it wasn't issued right away. There may have been clues on there as to location/time info, communications with others, etc., which may have helped them in their investigation. Investigators always talk about how critical the first few days are. imo.

As a side note, on CP24's 'Breakfast Live' show a bit ago, there was a fellow being interviewed about the Sherman case, unfortunately I didn't catch his name (hopefully they will replay it again throughout the day). He was very critical of TPS in the early days and explained his reasons. It isn't just KD who is critical of LE's actions in the early days. imo.

Posting this from 2019 for old times sake.. RIP, Ms Blatchford.
''It's been just over a year since the murders of Honey and Barry Sherman. Christie Blatchford takes a look at the parallel investigations of the police and investigators hired by the Sherman family, and what that means for the justice system.''

.... As a side note, on CP24's 'Breakfast Live' show a bit ago, there was a fellow being interviewed about the Sherman case, unfortunately I didn't catch his name (hopefully they will replay it again throughout the day). He was very critical of TPS in the early days and explained his reasons. It isn't just KD who is critical of LE's actions in the early days. imo.
ETA Here is a link to that brief interview.

Update on Sherman homicide investigation

That’s it?

Typical KD reporting style, he simply cannot resist dusting his news stories with allegations of police incompetence, to the point that I think he loses credibility. Can any of us say what a reasonable length of time would be for LE to prove to a judge that IT devices belong to the homeowner, aside from the fact they were found inside the home? What was found would seem to be what’s most significant - does anyone truly care the search warrant might be dated three weeks after the murders?

I would have thought that accessing the info on Barry's cell phone would have been one of the top priorities for LE. It could have provided info that would have been useful immediately- locations visited, , who he called or messaged immediately before arriving home. maybe he even took a picture of the killer! But sure, waiting 3 weeks is ok I guess ;)

Early evening, night.
Re video. Note gait. approx.5' 6 1/2'' -5'9''
One individual they cannot identify, classified as a suspect, they cannot tell race etc.
Not only video of this individual , unsure if male or female.

Last edited:
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #51743

Investigators Release Video of Suspect to be Identified

NR.51743.1639496490.jpg

Above: Screen capture from video of suspect
''Broadcast time: 11:08
Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Unit: Homicide
Phone: 416-808-7400

On Sunday, December 15, 2017, police responded to a 9-1-1 call at 50 Old Colony Road and located the bodies of Barry and Honey Sherman. The cause of death was determined to be ligature neck compression. Homicide took carriage of the investigation. It is believed the Shermans were killed on December 13, 2017.

On Tuesday, December 14, 2021, investigators released a video of a person identified as a suspect in this case.

Since December 2017, the investigative team has taken numerous steps to identify the person on the video, including:

- requesting video analysis of law enforcement partners such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Ontario Provincial Police
- the TPS Forensic Video Analysis Unit conducting Forensic Photogrammetry experiments
- obtaining judicial authorization to collect data from nearby cell phone towers
- neighbourhood witness canvasses for information

These efforts have not resulted in the positive identification of the person in the video.

"We have remained steadfast in our commitment to bring closure to the Sherman family, their friends, loved ones and the community," said Detective Sergeant Brandon Price, lead investigator from Homicide. "Through our investigation, we have determined that this individual’s purpose in the neighbourhood is unexplained. The timing of his appearance is in line with when we believe the murders took place. Based on this evidence, we are classifying this individual as a suspect. It is our hope that someone will come forward with a name when they recognize the individual’s walk, the way in which they kick up their right foot with every step, knowing that the person was or is connected to the Sherman family or the area on that day, at that time."

To hear the full remarks by Detective Sergeant Price, please click here.

Anyone who may recognize this person is asked to contact the investigative team at 416-808-7400, shermantips@torontopolice.on.ca or anonymously at Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play''.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member