CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an excerpt of my post #410 regarding the weather:
I checked the weather for the months of November and December for Toronto and right up to the 12th it had been fairly temperate with warmer than usual temps. Temps didn't dip below zero until the 10th. On the 11th and 12th it snowed about 8cm each night and the 13th was the coldest day of the last two months, -8 C high and -14 C low so the snow that fell the previous two days wasn't going anywhere.
Thanks, so what about the 14th and 15th, until the bodies were discovered? Would the snow have still been intact? Or starting to melt?

Thanks, so what about the 14th and 15th, until the bodies were discovered? Would the snow have still been intact? Or starting to melt?

They were discovered on the 15th. The temps on those days are as follow:

Dec 14th - High -6 C low -14 C - it was sunny during the day

Dec 15th - High -3 C low -8 C - it was overcast during the day

It didn't snow on either of those days so the combination of a heated driveway and sunlight would have reduced accumulation.

It didn't snow a lot on the earlier days so I believe the snow would have melted on the driveway without any ice build up rendering it safe and dry before entering the home.

However, if the killers entered the home from other entry ways I believe there would still be evidence of activity in the garden and alternate entries on December 15th unless a patrol cop may have compromised the scene during the initial arrival.

Last edited:
I don’t doubt the TPS provided the best raw footage of NW from Dec. 13, but I wonder if it’s been through enhancements…probably.

Since it was night-time…and the cam likely of middling quality, I can understand if what we see is the best TPS could do.

Would there be any point in releasing video they later enhanced? (Hoping they DO have better vid…that’s where my thoughts are…well, that and the fact they’ve held their actions close to the vest.)

VIdeo Enhancement Experts | Video Enhancement

They were discovered on the 15th. The temps on those days are as follow:

Dec 14th - High -6 C low -14 C - it was sunny during the day

Dec 15th - High -3 C low -8 C - it was overcast during the day

It didn't snow on either of those days so the combination of a heated driveway and sunlight would have reduced accumulation.

It didn't snow a lot on the earlier days so I believe the snow would have melted on the driveway without any ice build up rendering it safe and dry before entering the home.

However, if the killers entered the home from other entry ways I believe there would still be evidence of activity in the garden and alternate entries on December 15th unless a patrol cop may have compromised the scene during the initial arrival.

IIRC there was snow on the ground the day the bodies were discovered. I remember pic of the police tape and the driveway had a car on it and he driveway had snow on it. FWIW

It could also be theatre. Any one of the trustees could have convinced the others that the threat of further physical harm was a real and present danger.

Very expensive theatre, if that is the case, for the services of a world-class team of security providers who guarded Benjamin Netanyahu.

IIRC there was snow on the ground the day the bodies were discovered. I remember pic of the police tape and the driveway had a car on it and he driveway had snow on it. FWIW

Yes, there was snow on the ground, in the gardens and on the bushes, even on the sidewalk but the driveway was clear of snow.

Yes, there was snow on the ground, in the gardens and on the bushes, even on the sidewalk but the driveway was clear of snow.

Here is the most timely picture I can find. Note the car parked in the driveway that does not belong to the Shermans. I presume it must belong to one of their service providers.

image.jpg

Here is the most timely picture I can find. Note the car parked in the driveway that does not belong to the Shermans. I presume it must belong to one of their service providers.

image.jpg

So the only thing I can say is, based on the yellow crime scene tape, is that LE may have turned off the heater to the driveway to preserve evidence. Also, not this home but other homes I've been to that have heated driveways, especially if they are large, is that the heating coils don't always extend right to the perimeter of the paving so there can be residual snow in some areas. When I look behind the vehicle in the image provided, through the shrubbery where the front door is and towards the ramp, the driveway is clear of snow.

So the only thing I can say is, based on the yellow crime scene tape, is that LE may have turned off the heater to the driveway to preserve evidence. Also, not this home but other homes I've been to that have heated driveways, especially if they are large, is that the heating coils don't always extend right to the perimeter of the paving so there can be residual snow in some areas. When I look behind the vehicle in the image provided, through the shrubbery where the front door is and towards the ramp, the driveway is clear of snow.

Replying to my own post, if you read the first paragraph in KD's book regarding the Sherman murders he specifically mentions the driveway, the snow melting quickly because of the heat underneath, the snow accumulation on Honey's vehicle parked in front and the hydrangeas wearing little caps of snow.

I don't own the book but the first couple of pages are available as a preview on Google.ca

Replying to my own post, if you read the first paragraph in KD's book regarding the Sherman murders he specifically mentions the driveway, the snow melting quickly because of the heat underneath, the snow accumulation on Honey's vehicle parked in front and the hydrangeas wearing little caps of snow.

I don't own the book but the first couple of pages are available as a preview on Google.ca

HI Bran, I wasnt disagreeing with you, only posted the picture for clarity.. tks

I think it was Frank D'A who said that Barry always parked his car in the driveway at the front door. We have learned (from KD's book) that Honey parked her car at the side door that led into the hallway that led to the kitchen.

For some reason, BS decided to park his car in the garage that evening. Was his decision based solely on him possibly having to clear snow off his car the next morning? Obviously HS wasn't concerned about it because she didn't park her car in the garage that evening.

It seems that BS was overpowered as soon as he entered the house from the garage. His gloves and documents were found on the floor where he entered. My question is--how did one killer know that BS would park in the garage that evening, when he normally parked at the front door?

A lone killer wouldn't know for sure where BS would park his car that evening. A lone killer couldn't surprise Barry when he entered from the garage if he was waiting at the front door. Did the killer text Barry from Honey's phone to tell him to park in the garage? So, I lean back to agreeing with Greenspan that there were multiple killers at the scene. But why are they not captured on video surveillance in the area? I think they would be, and that TPS would release those videos. It's like hitting my head against a cement wall--this case is so frustrating, and so sad that it hasn't been solved.

I suspect that any boot/foot evidence in snow around their property was likely investigated for any evidence and none was found. jmo

I think it was Frank D'A who said that Barry always parked his car in the driveway at the front door. We have learned (from KD's book) that Honey parked her car at the side door that led into the hallway that led to the kitchen.

For some reason, BS decided to park his car in the garage that evening. Was his decision based solely on him possibly having to clear snow off his car the next morning? Obviously HS wasn't concerned about it because she didn't park her car in the garage that evening.

It seems that BS was overpowered as soon as he entered the house from the garage. His gloves and documents were found on the floor where he entered. My question is--how did one killer know that BS would park in the garage that evening, when he normally parked at the front door?

A lone killer wouldn't know for sure where BS would park his car that evening. A lone killer couldn't surprise Barry when he entered from the garage if he was waiting at the front door. Did the killer text Barry from Honey's phone to tell him to park in the garage? So, I lean back to agreeing with Greenspan that there were multiple killers at the scene. But why are they not captured on video surveillance in the area? I think they would be, and that TPS would release those videos. It's like hitting my head against a cement wall--this case is so frustrating, and so sad that it hasn't been solved.

I suspect that any boot/foot evidence in snow around their property was likely investigated for any evidence and none was found. jmo
They probably surveyed them beforehand noting how they may have parked before. Also, automatic garage doors usually make noise so that upon hearing it open they may have very quickly moved downstairs if they were upstairs. This all appears to have been an ambush in waiting against HS first and later BS with someone probably choking them by surprise from behind as soon as they entered their house maybe in the dark with some belt, rope, wire, string or zip tie. Then, they probably moved HS first to the pool room after killing her and reset waiting for BS who came home later to repeat the same thing on him later. It appears that they may not even have had a chance to take off their winter coats. Is there any evidence that a taser was used to subdue any of them first?

Last edited:
They probably surveyed them beforehand noting how they may have parked before. Also, automatic garage doors usually make noise so that upon hearing it open they may have very quickly moved downstairs if they were upstairs. This all appears to have been an ambush in waiting against HS first and later BS with someone probably choking them by surprise from behind as soon as they entered their house maybe in the dark with some belt, rope, wire, string or zip tie. Then, they probably moved HS first to the pool room after killing her and reset waiting for BS who came home later to repeat the same thing on him later. Is there any evidence if a taser was used to subdue any of them first?

Just wondering if maybe surveillance involved drones, and/or trackers placed on their cars ???
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member