CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The TPS had a Press Conference many months ago to ask the public for help identifying the 'Night Walker'.

Would it not be appropriate now for the TPS now to at least say if they have learned anything about this individual?

If they ask for help from the public, they should give the public feedback.

First time poster here. After spending days reading through every post relating to this case something has come to mind. Is it at all possible that someone was in Barry’s car with him when he came home? Possibly someone had hidden in the backseat while he was still at Apotex? It sounds like they were a bit lax when it came to home security so could he possibly not have worried about locking his car doors while at work? Could this be why the police won’t release photos of him arriving home? They did say that the presence or absence of something in the photos would give to much information to the public. Could this person possibly have had a gun to control Barry and get him to drive straight home into the underground garage so that he would not be picked up on neighbours cameras while getting out of the car? They walked inside and he instructed Barry to drop everything in his hands and immediately took him to the pool room and killed him. Honey could have been upstairs unaware that anything was going on, she may not have even realized that Barry had arrived home. The killer then went upstairs and confronted her, killed her and took her to the pool room where he staged both bodies. I don’t recall reading that the police have said if the NW was coming or going in the video they released but is it possible that they only have video of him leaving?

First time poster here. After spending days reading through every post relating to this case something has come to mind. Is it at all possible that someone was in Barry’s car with him when he came home? Possibly someone had hidden in the backseat while he was still at Apotex? It sounds like they were a bit lax when it came to home security so could he possibly not have worried about locking his car doors while at work? Could this be why the police won’t release photos of him arriving home? They did say that the presence or absence of something in the photos would give to much information to the public. Could this person possibly have had a gun to control Barry and get him to drive straight home into the underground garage so that he would not be picked up on neighbours cameras while getting out of the car? They walked inside and he instructed Barry to drop everything in his hands and immediately took him to the pool room and killed him. Honey could have been upstairs unaware that anything was going on, she may not have even realized that Barry had arrived home. The killer then went upstairs and confronted her, killed her and took her to the pool room where he staged both bodies. I don’t recall reading that the police have said if the NW was coming or going in the video they released but is it possible that they only have video of him leaving?
Welcome to WS Clark2002. I think we've often wondered about this possibility. imo it's doubtful someone could've entered B's vehicle while parked at APO, considering that unlike Sherman's home, APO did/does have security cams, and most likely also covering the VIP parking spaces/parking lot.

Is it possible someone broke into H's vehicle in the shopping mall's parking lot while she was inside purchasing Hanukah gifts (the mall was said to not have security cams at that point in time).. but then if someone was a secret passenger in H's car on her way home, would the neighbour's video have captured that person exiting the vehicle? (Or was that portion of the driveway and side-ish door hidden from the camera's view?)

Your post generated a thought.. when you asked if it's possible LE only has video of the 'nightwalker' leaving, but not arriving.. IF that were the case, would LE have discounted anyone/everyone seen leaving, but not arriving?... could that potentially be one of their vetting/ruling-in-or-out methods? (That would be LE presuming perhaps that anyone seen only leaving, but not arriving, may likely be a neighbourhood resident, as opposed to a stranger coming to the area and leaving?) But I believe LE did say they saw this nightwalker coming to a vicinity close to the Sherman house, and then not reappearing until sometime later (what LE believed to be long enough to commit this crime), at which time this nightwalker was seen leaving that close vicinity?... so it seems LE has caught him/her on camera coming and going.

Police say they have other video that shows the individual approaching the Sherman home, disappearing from any cameras in the area, then reappearing and walking away from the home. Police say the person spent a “suspicious” amount of time near the Sherman home on Old Colony Road.

Detectives sought ‘tower dump’ of all cellular communication around Barry and Honey Sherman’s home, Barry’s office, documents reveal

Welcome to WS Clark2002. I think we've often wondered about this possibility. imo it's doubtful someone could've entered B's vehicle while parked at APO, considering that unlike Sherman's home, APO did/does have security cams, and most likely also covering the VIP parking spaces/parking lot.

Is it possible someone broke into H's vehicle in the shopping mall's parking lot while she was inside purchasing Hanukah gifts (the mall was said to not have security cams at that point in time).. but then if someone was a secret passenger in H's car on her way home, would the neighbour's video have captured that person exiting the vehicle? (Or was that portion of the driveway and side-ish door hidden from the camera's view?)

Your post generated a thought.. when you asked if it's possible LE only has video of the 'nightwalker' leaving, but not arriving.. IF that were the case, would LE have discounted anyone/everyone seen leaving, but not arriving?... could that potentially be one of their vetting/ruling-in-or-out methods? (That would be LE presuming perhaps that anyone seen only leaving, but not arriving, may likely be a neighbourhood resident, as opposed to a stranger coming to the area and leaving?) But I believe LE did say they saw this nightwalker coming to a vicinity close to the Sherman house, and then not reappearing until sometime later (what LE believed to be long enough to commit this crime), at which time this nightwalker was seen leaving that close vicinity?... so it seems LE has caught him/her on camera coming and going.

Police say they have other video that shows the individual approaching the Sherman home, disappearing from any cameras in the area, then reappearing and walking away from the home. Police say the person spent a “suspicious” amount of time near the Sherman home on Old Colony Road.

Detectives sought ‘tower dump’ of all cellular communication around Barry and Honey Sherman’s home, Barry’s office, documents reveal
Do you think it’s possible that someone entered his car after he left Apotex? Possibly when he was stopped at a stop sign or red light?

Do you think it’s possible that someone entered his car after he left Apotex? Possibly when he was stopped at a stop sign or red light?
IMO no.

Why would LE keep that detail a secret? Why protect a person who may have been in the car with him or her? Especially if it is someone they cannot identify. They put out a video of the NW to see if anyone could identify, I would assume they would do the same for a stranger in the car. If it was not a stranger in the car we would assume the narrative would be the last person to see them alive was ..... when they were at the home on Wed night, what time did they leave, etc.

IMO no.

Why would LE keep that detail a secret? Why protect a person who may have been in the car with him or her? Especially if it is someone they cannot identify. They put out a video of the NW to see if anyone could identify, I would assume they would do the same for a stranger in the car. If it was not a stranger in the car we would assume the narrative would be the last person to see them alive was ..... when they were at the home on Wed night, what time did they leave, etc.
Great point! The whole absence or presence part of them not releasing the photos of the Barry and Honey coming home is really bugging me. What could possibly be absent that would make LE not release those pictures? I’m assuming that the video would show both Honey and Barry driving into the driveway but what could be missing from that video?

Great point! The whole absence or presence part of them not releasing the photos of the Barry and Honey coming home is really bugging me. What could possibly be absent that would make LE not release those pictures? I’m assuming that the video would show both Honey and Barry driving into the driveway but what could be missing from that video?

I agree. That statement from LE about reasons for not showing the videos of the victims arriving home is very interesting. There's something unusual about one or both of their cars that has made LE withhold the video from the public. Was it something added to or missing from their cars, like a tracking device or something similar? Was it a car that followed one or both of them to their home, then drove off once their arrival was noted?

I agree. That statement from LE about reasons for not showing the videos of the victims arriving home is very interesting. There's something unusual about one or both of their cars that has made LE withhold the video from the public. Was it something added to or missing from their cars, like a tracking device or something similar? Was it a car that followed one or both of them to their home, then drove off once their arrival was noted?
I keep wondering if Barry was even driving the car when it came into the driveway. LE mentioned that it possibly could reveal direction of travel but we know that it is a dead end street so it would make no sense for Barry to be coming the other way unless he wasn’t driving and the driver missed the driveway and turned around to go back. I keep wondering if Barry was somehow restrained and was in the car but not driving. Maybe LE couldn’t tell who was driving but did see his car go by and then come back and turn into the driveway. Forgive me if this seems far fetched but a lot in this case makes no sense.

Last edited:
I believe the TPS knows a lot more about who was involved in the murders than they are letting on. Such as who the Night Walker is; something that is significant about the videos of Barry and Honey arriving home in their cars, and so on.

I think the TPS is not releasing this info and other details to the public because this info would point directly to the culprit(s).

I also believe the TPS has the case pretty well solved, but needs more hard evidence to have a rock-solid case to present and win in court. The TPS also wants evidence to be presented in court first, not in public.

Good points and it really nags at me as well. To choose the specific wording, IMO more like a lawyer wrote it down than a regular detective vocabulary to explain why he cannot share some evidence. Or they do not have that evidence - specifically I mean any cars entering their driveway.

Or do they by chance have no other video at all and they do not want to admit it? i am amazed they would have all the footage they spoke of if they waited so many weeks to collect it.

Or if they show the pictures, maybe the neighbor is in the pic
Or LE do not want the public to know what the Shermans were last wearing when last seen entering the driveway of their home
Or in the pic is a known PI or a police vehicle or someone associated with the police who is proven to not be involved, like the Thursday visitor, and they are protecting them from public scrutiny

Remember some media outlet did a reenactment of Barry and Honey driving home if footage was around showing someone getting into a car or anything to do with the cars I would hope it was in that video?

Last edited:

''Sherman lookalikes 'eerie' as camera crews roll into neighbourhood​

Jan 25, 2018
1655927761689.png
It was surreal.

With a camera crew capturing it all, the lookalikes were driving up and down the street and turning into the driveway of a house next door. It was certainly eye catching.

“It’s unusual,” said one neighbour who — in the past — had seen the real Honey and Barry Sherman behave just like the actors.

“It’s eerie,” added a man on the scene. “Hopefully the family isn’t seeing this.”

A woman portraying Honey Sherman for a Fifth Estate piece is seen Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018 outside the Sherman home. (Joe Warmington/Toronto Sun)
''A woman portraying Honey Sherman for a Fifth Estate piece is seen Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018 outside the Sherman home. (Joe Warmington/Toronto Sun)
It wasn’t a movie but a re-enactment for an upcoming episode of the CBC’s The Fifth Estate — which will detail the final trip home for the philanthropic couple whose bodies were discovered in the pool area of their home.''

''On Wednesday, police were on the mansion’s roof again but that did not stand out as much as the actors dressed up as Honey and Barry Sherman.''

@ Approx. 31:30 re enactment of drive home.

Last edited:

''Sherman lookalikes 'eerie' as camera crews roll into neighbourhood​

Jan 25, 2018
View attachment 350737
It was surreal.

With a camera crew capturing it all, the lookalikes were driving up and down the street and turning into the driveway of a house next door. It was certainly eye catching.

“It’s unusual,” said one neighbour who — in the past — had seen the real Honey and Barry Sherman behave just like the actors.

“It’s eerie,” added a man on the scene. “Hopefully the family isn’t seeing this.”

A woman portraying Honey Sherman for a Fifth Estate piece is seen Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018 outside the Sherman home. (Joe Warmington/Toronto Sun)
''A woman portraying Honey Sherman for a Fifth Estate piece is seen Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2018 outside the Sherman home. (Joe Warmington/Toronto Sun)
It wasn’t a movie but a re-enactment for an upcoming episode of the CBC’s The Fifth Estate — which will detail the final trip home for the philanthropic couple whose bodies were discovered in the pool area of their home.''

''On Wednesday, police were on the mansion’s roof again but that did not stand out as much as the actors dressed up as Honey and Barry Sherman.''

@ Approx. 31:30 re enactment of drive home.

I just keep wondering if it was really Barry driving the car. I’m not sure if any of the cameras on the street would have been clear enough to verify that it was him for sure.

here is KD youtube video it has good views of the pool and descriptions of where they were found, no discussion on clothing but shows the pool, and now it is even odder to see where the door is and where they were displayed.
If HS ran to the powder room to escape her attackers, where her iPhone was found, would she not have called 911? Was her call dismissed?

I keep wondering if Barry was even driving the car when it came into the driveway. LE mentioned that it possibly could reveal direction of travel but we know that it is a dead end street so it would make no sense for Barry to be coming the other way unless he wasn’t driving and the driver missed the driveway and turned around to go back. I keep wondering if Barry was somehow restrained and was in the car but not driving. Maybe LE couldn’t tell who was driving but did see his car go by and then come back and turn into the driveway. Forgive me if this seems far fetched but a lot in this case makes no sense.
Welcome Clark2002. The Shermans street was not a dead end road. While it ended at a dead end there are several cross streets between Bayview Ave and the dead end That would allow the Sherman’s to approach their house from either end of their street

Please look at Bobbi Pearls post #949. Bobbi has posted a picture of the Sherman’s pool and the railing. This has been bothering me. If you look closely at the railing you will see a red stain or discolouration on the top of the railing about 1/3 along from the left side of the railing. Could this be a blood stain, perhaps the one referred to by KD? This is curious because this picture was I believe taken as part of the listing and before the murders. Do others see this red mark on the railing?

If HS ran to the powder room to escape her attackers, where her iPhone was found, would she not have called 911? Was her call dismissed?

If KD is correct, HS had her shoes on, why not run right out the front doors?
Please look at Bobbi Pearls post #949. Bobbi has posted a picture of the Sherman’s pool and the railing. This has been bothering me. If you look closely at the railing you will see a red stain or discolouration on the top of the railing about 1/3 along from the left side of the railing. Could this be a blood stain, perhaps the one referred to by KD? This is curious because this picture was I believe taken as part of the listing and before the murders. Do others see this red mark on the railing?

Image from houssmax.com realtor listing.

This mark?:
325FCF44-6500-4724-AC28-85D31C9EF3BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads