Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW I just read that article. I did not know they were found with their coats and boots on! It's a no-brainer, this is double murder.

That was mentioned here some time ago, coats pulled down with arms behind their backs. It just was not clear what kind of coats. That Frank article specifically says winter coats and boots.

That was mentioned here some time ago, coats pulled down with arms behind their backs. It just was not clear what kind of coats. That Frank article specifically says winter coats and boots.
I just wonder how Frank Mag 'knows' such detailed specifics, and to be able to print it with such confidence. Nonetheless, on the surface, the information is consistent with what we've read in mainstream media.

True, but the author would be wasting their own time using false information to make sense of the crime, IMO.

Silly me, I thought that the author's motivation in writing this article was to sell more copies of frank magazine.

I just wonder how Frank Mag 'knows' such detailed specifics, and to be able to print it with such confidence. Nonetheless, on the surface, the information is consistent with what we've read in mainstream media.

It has been suggested here that while Frank is a satire and scandal magazine, the fact that the articles have no bylines, permits authors with "off the record" sources to publish. The only thing that bugs me is that I saw a couple of typos or spelling errors in the last article.

I know it was mentioned but it always said "jackets" on them. They actually had their "coats" and "boots" on coming in from the cold. That tells me someone was waiting and grabbed them when they came in either from the garage or entering the house.

"

Did anyone see police leaving with evidence bags at any time?

Did anyone see police leaving with evidence bags at any time?
December 19 2017
rbbm.
http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-mystery-shrouds-deaths-of-billionaire-couple
Sources say investigators found the Shermans, side by side, in their windowless pool room, each with a men’s leather belt wrapped around their necks and tied to the pool railing. Both had on jackets that were pulled “behind their backs” and rolled down over their arms.

It is believed the camera in the pool area had been disconnected.

So far, police are not calling this a homicide but homicide squad detectives are on the case. Police spokesman Mark Pugash says it is still being treated simply as a suspicious death.
Forensic officers in white suits — sometimes carrying bags of evidence — were coming and going from the mansion on Monday.

Meanwhile, police have not commented on a tweet from Steve Paikin, of TVO’s The Agenda, that he had “heard from a trusted source that an alleged law enforcement investigation was closing in on the Shermans.”

Apologies if this has been posted before.

The Sun's Joe Warmington discusses the Sherman case. Interesting that he notes the investigation into the murder of Holly Jones: The police quietly had a clear suspect and evidence in hand, but appeared to be in full swing of investigating the people and places within the radius of her last known whereabouts. (Her killer was put under police surveillance and his DNA obtained surreptitiously after LE found clues marking him as a suspect.)

Arlene Bynon Show‏
@ArleneBynonShow

ICYMI - What is the latest on the investigation into the deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman? Could someone have entered their home despite the police initially saying there was no forced entry? I asked @joe_warmington on @SXMCanadaTalks

11:08 AM - 10 Jan 2018

https://soundcloud.com/canadatalks/joe-warmington-on-the-arlene-bynon-show

It's double murder for sure:
1. They had jackets on – we don't wear jackets at home. They must be killed outside their home, or murdered in their home as soon as they came home from outside.
2. They were found hanging in a sitting position – they were strangled to death while sitting in chairs then hanged.
3. There must be more than one murderer.

1. They had jackets on – we don't wear jackets at home. They must be killed outside their home, or murdered in their home as soon as they came home from outside.
2. They were found hanging in a sitting position – they were strangled to death while sitting in chairs then hanged.

Welcome to Ws EyesofEagle!
Intriguing thought - strangled while sitting in chairs - nobody has suggested that scenario so far as i know. imo.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...om-news-of-the-couples-death/article37362416/

I know that Holly was born in a displaced persons camp in Austria, however can't find the date of birth yet. Is there anything in the local funeral announcements?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Sherman
Sherman married Honey Reich in 1971[SUP][23][/SUP], a fellow University of Toronto graduate born in 1948 in Austria to Polish Holocaust survivors.[SUP][24][/SUP][SUP][25][/SUP] They both had four children.[SUP][26][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP]
rbbm

They could have been sitting on the edge of the pool too. IF they were taken by surprise, from behind, the perps could easily force them into a sitting position. (chair or poolside) Not sure that they were sitting though, one of the daily papers or maybe Frank said their legs were out straight behind them.

:Welcome1::welcome4:

Welcome EyesofEagle!

It has been suggested here that while Frank is a satire and scandal magazine, the fact that the articles have no bylines, permits authors with "off the record" sources to publish. The only thing that bugs me is that I saw a couple of typos or spelling errors in the last article.

Maybe they'll hire you as a proof reader? ;-))

They could have been sitting on the edge of the pool too. IF they were taken by surprise, from behind, the perps could easily force them into a sitting position. (chair or poolside) Not sure that they were sitting though, one of the daily papers or maybe Frank said their legs were out straight behind them.

But, they had their coats and boots on!

I’m leaning more to double murder myself now for the reasons you have stated.

Do you think they were held hostage and they refused to give the murderer what they wanted money or jewellery so they were killed? Or do you think the murderer wasn’t there for valuables or money and just wanted them dead?

I wonder if there was a safe in the house.

If LE thought this was a robbery gone wrong they would have warned neighbours imo. To not do so would be irresponsible imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!