Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MistyWaters, I think some people are sticking to murder/suicide simply because they may not understand the extreme amount of energy required of a 75 yr old to complete this feat. IMO

I'm no where near 75 but doubt I could do it! IMO

Not meaning to demean anyones' ideas in any way at all. IMO

As Ive said, anything is possible but murder/suicide is improbable. IMO

This would explain why my birth control changed!
I was taking Alysena for about 6 months and then when I got a new refill, it was changed to Aviane (which weirdly enough is marketed by Teva)!
That is really scary. This is why there was a big issue bringing generics into Canada.

I've read BS had a bad back for years, so it might compound his physical ability to stage all this. HS was not a slight woman. Unless he walked her to the staging, he would have had to drag or carry dead weight. At 75 and a bad back, it would have been a go, but I could still see a 75 yr old man accomplishing it.

There are so many variables for the assassins to have known to carry this out, quick and clean.
I keep thinking "Deadpool". I wonder if they were staged to see reflections in the pool water, therefore watching each other die. Sick, just sick!

BBM
To make it appear as murder/suicide or double suicide.

IMO

With all respect, I don't think putting them side by side indicates suicide or murder/suicide. Two bodies on the floor/in the bed/etc would do that.

Its about sending some sort of 'message' to someone who is still alive.

Or, its to torture their chldren/family members. I cannot imagine having this image of parents dying in this manner but its been seared onto the brains of the family and friends, guaranteed.

That is really scary. This is why there was a big issue bringing generics into Canada.

No biggie for me.
I don't use my BC for pregnancy prevention anyways.
I just thought it was weird that I was switched from one generic brand to another.
Now I know why! I never asked my pharmacist why, since it wasn't a huge deal. And anyways, I only pay $2.94 for this brand as opposed to $5.54 for the Apotex branded one.

With all respect, I don't think putting them side by side indicates suicide or murder/suicide. Two bodies on the floor/in the bed/etc would do that.

Or, its to torture their chldren/family members. I cannot imagine having this image of parents dying in this manner but its been seared onto the brains of the family and friends, guaranteed.

Oh I know.
They were posed this way to send a message, just like you said :)

ilovepierre, sometimes the pharmacies cannot source the same generic, so they substitute another. There was a def recall of the BC pills, a friend of mine was affected by it. Took her a week to calm down as she's just coming off mat leave and didn't want a 'surprise' baby.

I take a regular medication and it flips between Apo and Taro but one is stronger than the other, so I have to be careful about titrating it.

I think you are correct, the Apo is the more expensive version. Its weird, since this happened, everywhere I look, I see Apotex.

They must have provided free pharmacy bags, cause it has Apotex on it, then I drove by Baycrest and it says Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged.

I even saw a coffee mug at my GPs office, his secretary was using and IT said Apotex. I thought ALL of that marketing stuff ended years ago.

AddyFinch,

Any ideas on what the message is? or who its for?

Your Deadpool post made me gasp/gag. how awful, wouldn't they be unconscious or would they have to watch one another die?

That is horrible, just horrible. No matter what I thought about BS pharmacy business styles, I can't imagine the dread they felt if they weren't chloroformed or incapacitated quickly. I really hope they didn't see it coming, were rendered unconscious to facilitate the crime.
That makes sense, its easier for the perp to deal with unconscious people.

Drove by twice today but it creeps me right out to even be on the main drag a block away from the house.

Two things that stick out to me from the Frank article. The first is that I have wondered if the leak of murder/suicide and not looking for any suspects could of been a purposeful leak. A leak intended to make the suspects feel confident that the police believe it was a murder/suicide.
I have also wondered if the purpose of hangng the Sherman's by the pool was because I thought they may of used the pool to wash away fornsic evidence. Now Frank says they were pushed into the pool.
This case is the first time I have heard of Frank magazine, but those two things really seem possible to me.

That's debatable. If the killers wanted to stage a murder suicide there would be no purpose in setting them both up side by side in an identical fashion. I'm more inclined to think an execution intended to send a message to somebody. Big, powerful players involved. That would explain the cone of silence.

BINGO!

Sherman messed with the wrong person, thats for sure. I agree, its a professional hit.

IF Honey was in the wrong place at the wrong time, thats horrible too. To think if she'd been in Florida she might still be alive.

That bit in Frank about the police 'source' saying it was murder/suicide to make the perps think they're dealing with the Keystone Cops, is a good tip, IMO. Could explain why it was leaked before the bodies were even removed. Perhaps the TPS knew right off that it was a professional hit.

It just didn't make sense for that to come out while the Shermans were still inside the house. It does now.

ilovepierre, sometimes the pharmacies cannot source the same generic, so they substitute another. There was a def recall of the BC pills, a friend of mine was affected by it. Took her a week to calm down as she's just coming off mat leave and didn't want a 'surprise' baby.

I take a regular medication and it flips between Apo and Taro but one is stronger than the other, so I have to be careful about titrating it.

I think you are correct, the Apo is the more expensive version. Its weird, since this happened, everywhere I look, I see Apotex.

They must have provided free pharmacy bags, cause it has Apotex on it, then I drove by Baycrest and it says Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged.

I even saw a coffee mug at my GPs office, his secretary was using and IT said Apotex. I thought ALL of that marketing stuff ended years ago.

Up until I started reading about this case, I had no idea all my prescriptions have been manufactured by Apotex. In fact, I didnt even know Apotex was a generic drug company. My one prescription is labeled Apo-Xxxxx and I just thought the Apo was part of a brand name drug company.

Like you, I'm seeing Apotex everywhere too!

I asked my pharmacist yesterday what was going to happen to the drugs manufactured by Apotex now that the Sherman's are dead and she said they'd either bring in another generic form of drugs or they'll continue using Apotex if someone takes over the company.

AddyFinch,

Your Deadpool post made me gasp/gag. how awful, wouldn't they be unconscious or would they have to watch one another die?

That is horrible, just horrible. No matter what I thought about BS pharmacy business styles, I can't imagine the dread they felt if they weren't chloroformed or incapacitated quickly. I really hope they didn't see it coming, were rendered unconscious to facilitate the crime.

Drove by twice today but it creeps me right out to even be on the main drag a block away from the house.

Not AddyFinch, but IMO, the message was for Barry. What the message could be, I don't know! He did have quite a few enemies (through his numerous lawsuits) and his cousins had reason to hate him. Then there was that whole lobbying thing he did...but not sure if that would be worth murdering BS and HS though.

IMO

AddyFinch,

I looked up the significance of hanging in Judaism. In Wikipedia it mentioned that a hanged person is considered under a divine curse.

also:
https://www.gotquestions.org/curse-hanging-tree.html

There is more information in the above link, and it is pointed out that the body could not be left hanging overnight according to Jewish law. If the Shermans were killed Wed. night, and not found until Fri. a.m. as seems to be the case, then it seems the killers wanted to send a message about them being cursed and not worthy of dignity in death because of some insubordination, or crime. This goes very deep among extremely powerful people, in my opinion, and I doubt they will ever find the professional assassins, or those who ordered it. No wonder the children looked so frightened at the funeral. I also don't think it was an accident that Honey was murdered too. They could have waited until she left for Florida. For some reason a high level professional hit was put out on both of them, and the bodies left hanging on display as a message to others, not to cross these powerful people. I have no idea who they are, but it is likely that those who are supposed to get the message got it. I think this was a double murder staged as a double murder, and a curse besides. IMO

I looked up the significance of hanging in Judaism. In Wikipedia it mentioned that a hanged person is considered under a divine curse.

also:

There is more information in the above link, and it is pointed out that the body could not be left hanging overnight according to Jewish law. If the Shermans were killed Wed. night, and not found until Fri. a.m. as seems to be the case, then it seems the killers wanted to send a message about them being cursed and not worthy of dignity in death because of some insubordination, or crime. This goes very deep among extremely powerful people, in my opinion, and I doubt they will ever find the professional assassins, or those who ordered it. No wonder the children looked so frightened at the funeral. I also don't think it was an accident that Honey was murdered too. They could have waited until she left for Florida. For some reason a high level professional hit was put out on both of them, and the bodies left hanging on display as a message to others, not to cross these powerful people. I have no idea who they are, but it is likely that those who are supposed to get the message got it. I think this was a double murder staged as a double murder, and a curse besides. IMO

Could that be the reason this page states December 15th, 2017 (Friday) as Date of Death?

Death: December 15, 2017 (70)

https://www.geni.com/people/Honey-Sherman/6000000000247864056

also:

I agree with you 100% MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's debatable. If the killers wanted to stage a murder suicide there would be no purpose in setting them both up side by side in an identical fashion. I'm more inclined to think an execution intended to send a message to somebody. Big, powerful players involved. That would explain the cone of silence.

Dunno... the Cone of Silence never worked very well in the past. ;)

http://i1.wp.com/www.istartedsomething.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/blog-cone-of-silence.jpg

Attachments

• blog-cone-of-silence.jpg
    blog-cone-of-silence.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 38
I've read BS had a bad back for years, so it might compound his physical ability to stage all this. HS was not a slight woman. Unless he walked her to the staging, he would have had to drag or carry dead weight. At 75 and a bad back, it would have been a go, but I could still see a 75 yr old man accomplishing it.

There are so many variables for the assassins to have known to carry this out, quick and clean.
I keep thinking "Deadpool". I wonder if they were staged to see reflections in the pool water, therefore watching each other die. Sick, just sick!
rbbm. I'm of the opinion that if this was a double-homicide, they were killed before staging the hanging, still by ligature neck compression. I'm unsure how likely it would be to inflict compliance on the couple, to maneuver them into those positions, to have them die by hanging in that way.

I see both scenarios to be honest. If this was a double-homicide, I think the staging certainly does send a message, or confuses and tortures friends and family, but it was also intended to lead LE astray, and it may have even worked at first glance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!