Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious , does anyone believe the police still haven’t figured out if it was a double murder or murder/suicide.
Surely after a month of combing the house and digging deep they must have at least established this.
If it’s a double murder, why are they so silent?
I find the media’s disinterest stunning.
Is the silence the result of lawsuit threats.
Ok I’m not in Canada, but two of your wealthiest citizens may have been murdered in their own home and all there is, is silence.

I don’t see threat of litigation as relevant.

I think its highly likely the police have reached a conclusion. If it’s M/S, they are likely wrapping up lose ends. If it is a double murder, the silence serves the investigation, possibly because they have a strong suspect. It’s possible that the next announcement could be an arrest.

Just curious , does anyone believe the police still haven’t figured out if it was a double murder or murder/suicide.
Surely after a month of combing the house and digging deep they must have at least established this.
Ok I’m not in Canada, but two of your wealthiest citizens may have been murdered in their own home and all there is, is silence.
I think the media couldn't be farther from disinterested. They've done nothing but print articles and report on this case since their bodies were found, with literally zero new information brought forward. If you want to know what disinterested looks like, check in on the missing and murdered people from The Village area of Toronto.

But to your original question, I think they aren't certain enough at this point, to make any hard and fast moves in this investigation. That, or what Tighthead said.

IF they've sorted it out, and IMO they have, they have an obligation to keep all evidence etc quiet until the court case. AFAIK IMO
Due to BS business dealings, very varied and wide ranging, I imagine they are still working through a long list of possibilities. IMO

The only time that police are required to give further information, is if there is a risk to public safety. Don't think it applies here. IMO

I don't think the media is disinterested at ALL. They'd be chomping at the bit for information but I got the impression, IMO, that they were told to 'back off', 'dummy up' or whatever very early on. IMO

The only place for 'leaks' to appear and it be ok, is in Frank. Most of those articles are from MSM people who, for whatever reason, are not free to write IN MSM. publication bans etc. And, they don't have to provide a byline, keeps their anonymity intact. IMO

I doubt the police are worried about lawsuits but they have been less than efficient with a few recent murders and others issues affecting areas of Toronto. IMO

The Chief has made it known that he will have nothing to say before speaking to the Sherman family, when there is information. IMO

Then, depending on their findings, the Shermans may be able to have some of it kept private. If there is a suicide, they don't have to put it out there, I believe. IMO

My own sense is that they have an idea of what they're dealing with but its going to be very slow dealing with the evidence/prospects. IMO

IF they ever make an arrest, they will def want a conviction here, so its all hush hush for now. IMO

CP24: A Silver Mustang was removed from the Sherman home earlier today.

Silver Mustang removed from the Shermans property this afternoon.

TPS says its part of the ongoing investigation. CP24

UPDATE: I just saw on CP24 that the Sherman's case is still an active and ongoing investigation, and that today's new development is that they removed another vehicle from the property. It was a grey/silver mustang, being towed away from I believe the underground garage, but may have been back of the home.

ETA: and ya'll beat me to it.

IF they've sorted it out, and IMO they have, they have an obligation to keep all evidence etc quiet until the court case. AFAIK IMO
Due to BS business dealings, very varied and wide ranging, I imagine they are still working through a long list of possibilities. IMO

The only time that police are required to give further information, is if there is a risk to public safety. Don't think it applies here. IMO

I don't think the media is disinterested at ALL. They'd be chomping at the bit for information but I got the impression, IMO, that they were told to 'back off', 'dummy up' or whatever very early on. IMO

The only place for 'leaks' to appear and it be ok, is in Frank. Most of those articles are from MSM people who, for whatever reason, are not free to write IN MSM. publication bans etc. And, they don't have to provide a byline, keeps their anonymity intact. IMO

I doubt the police are worried about lawsuits but they have been less than efficient with a few recent murders and others issues affecting areas of Toronto. IMO

The Chief has made it known that he will have nothing to say before speaking to the Sherman family, when there is information. IMO

Then, depending on their findings, the Shermans may be able to have some of it kept private. If there is a suicide, they don't have to put it out there, I believe. IMO

My own sense is that they have an idea of what they're dealing with but its going to be very slow dealing with the evidence/prospects. IMO

IF they ever make an arrest, they will def want a conviction here, so its all hush hush for now. IMO
rbbm. I still think JDG, that if they determine this to be a double-homicide, they have to update the public on that information. They certainly will not provide information on evidence, but must update the MOD.

From WS, December 24th:
RBBM

FWIW, my dad worked at Apotex and only left the company a few months ago. He had regular interactions with Barry over the years and had nothing but good things to say about him. He would sit around with employees in the cafeteria and have lunch with them. He'd have conversations with the cleaning staff. He worked long hours and according to my dad, would spend his entire work day in the lab (my dad, also a workaholic would often stay late and Barry, even later than him most days). Definitely frugal - my dad & I joked about how the man is sitting on billions but refuses to get rid of the rust on the side of his beat-up silver Mustang. He finally got rid of the rust this summer! My dad is 100% set on this being a double-murder, says he wouldn't be surprised if it was someone from Apotex.. the higher-ups weren't happy that Barry was sitting on all this money and refused to go public. I'm on the fence. I think we can't rule anything out, really. We don't know what really went on in their lives and what happened inside that house. Murder-suicide is still very much a possibility. JMO.

IMO, I don’t think BS would drive the Mustang convertible in the cold and snow, or are the vehicles being moved out one by one for examination?
Maybe he wouldn't, but there must be some reason compelling TPS to examine this car, or all the cars.

Maybe he wouldn't, but there must be some reason compelling TPS to examine this car, or all the cars.

This could all be part of leaving no stone unturned. It seems awfully late in the day to be examining a car that was likely parked for the winter.

This could all be part of leaving no stone unturned. It seems awfully late in the day to be examining a car that was likely parked for the winter.

Ya, it's interesting that's for sure.
I wonder if there was some sort of evidence that shows the car was used around the time before their deaths.

Having trouble locating the cp24 link concerning the car, was it a video?

Having trouble locating the cp24 link concerning the car, was it a video?

It was top of the news around the time we all posted. Not so much now.

IMO, I don’t think BS would drive the Mustang convertible in the cold and snow, or are the vehicles being moved out one by one for examination?

It would have been in the garage. If that's where the killings took place, all vehicles in there could have forensic evidence.

Official publication:
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2018/2018-01-06/html/gh-rg-eng.html

Vol. 152, No. 1 — January 6, 2018

GOVERNMENT HOUSE

THE ORDER OF CANADA

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada, in her capacity as Chancellor and Principal Companion of the Order of Canada, has appointed the following persons, who have been recommended for such appointment by the Advisory Council of the Order of Canada.
[...]

Members of the Order of Canada

[...]
  • Bernard Sherman, C.M
[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors