Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem pretty savvy and have kids (which to me is a big reason older people stay involved and updated if for no other reason). My mom is 2 years older than Barry and texts and emails on her iPhone and iPad. She doesn't have a PC anymore.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I only have an iPad and the flip phone. Texting on a tiny device such as a smart phone, ugh. Kids are glued to,their phones. Even here in my Third World country, I don’t see older adults glued to the phone. Are they in the US? By older I mean retirement age

Barry Sherman’s death cuts short the lobbying probe against him

The democracy watchdog group that complained about Sherman’s activities promises to challenge the decision in court

That answer arrived this morning in a short letter addressed to Democracy Watch. “As you know, Dr. Sherman passed away in December 2017,” Bélanger wrote. “Subsection 10.4(1.1) of the Lobbying Act provides me with the authority to cease an investigation if I believe there is a ‘valid reason for not dealing with the matter.’ In light of Dr. Sherman’s passing, the purpose of the investigation to ensure his compliance with the Code can no longer be fulfilled.”

“Accordingly, I decided to cease the investigation,”
she continues.

Duff Conacher, co-founder of Democracy Watch, says the investigation must continue because the case goes much deeper than Sherman himself. His organization plans to file its Federal Court challenge in the coming days, he says. “It is legally incorrect for the new Lobbying Commissioner to ignore the fact that Barry Sherman was chairman and registered to lobby on behalf of Apotex Inc. when he helped raised more than $100,000 for the Liberal Party by hosting an event that Justin Trudeau attended,” Conacher said in a news release. “[H]is huge, unethical favour will continue to help Apotex in its dealings with the Trudeau Liberals even though Mr. Sherman and his spouse unfortunately passed away recently.”

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/barry-shermans-death-cuts-short-the-lobbying-probe-against-him/

I'd assumed it was dark when the Sherman's came home that day. On Dec 15 sunset would have been about 4:45. Yet the Sun photos shows the re-enactment is in broad daylight.

It's very strange they would do this re-enactment when no information has been officially released by police. I totally doubt TPS would use a TV program to re-enact a crime, they just release a description.
The Fifth Estate does their own investigative journalism though. My thoughts are that they've likely put together an accurate timeline of their whereabouts throughout the day(s) leading up to their deaths.

The Fifth Estate does their own investigative journalism though. My thoughts are that they've likely put together an accurate timeline of their whereabouts throughout the day(s) leading up to their deaths.

Yes, I guess so, though that throws us back on whether the family has approved it, or is the family actually supplying the info?

Yes, I guess so, though that throws us back on whether the family has approved it, or is the family actually supplying the info?
Yeah, that I don't know. The Fifth Estate likely contacted and interviewed much of the same people TPS has, to put together a timeline. That could include the family, friends, co-workers, etc. I'm unsure on if The Fifth Estate needs any kind of permission to run this episode. I would assume it's the same as any other journalism, where they don't need any permission to run a story. As long as they've done their due-diligence, they are free from libel or defamation, and can report as they please.

That's not to say they don't have the family's blessing, though.

I was wondering, would the witnesses (friends, co-workers, neighbours) all speak to the Fifth Estate without permission of the family? That's why I'm speculating family would be involved. Or perhaps, more specifically, Mr. Greenspan.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Bélanger as his choice for the lobbying commissioner’s job last week.

If her appointment is approved, Bélanger will join the Office of the Lobbying Commissioner at the end of a year dogged with controversy over so-called “cash for access” fundraisers. The office also is facing a legal challenge from pharmaceutical giant Apotex over an investigation Shepherd opened into its chairman — a suit that has put the office under administrative and financial strain.

Given heightened scrutiny over the relationship between lobbyists and public office holders, Bélanger used gifts as an example of how the lobbying and ethics commissioners’ offices could better work together. The Lobbyists’ Code of Conduct prohibits registered lobbyists from presenting public office holders who they are lobbying — or plan to lobby — with a gift or favour that the public office holder “is not allowed to accept.” No amount or value is listed.

Meanwhile, under the Conflict of Interest Code, members of Parliament “are not allowed to accept any gift or benefit that might reasonably be seen to have been given to influence them” — no matter the value of the gift; the rule can also cover invitations to events.

(respectfully bolded by me)
https://ipolitics.ca/2017/12/07/ethics-lobby-commissioners-can-work-closely-together-nominee/

Something on post #141 just caught me right in the throat. From the linked article.

BS wrote/said that he wanted to be a big fish in a small pond.

Could the small pond be the pool? Might explain the 'staging'.

But if this was a double murder maybe the murder/s also read BS book? If it was a murder for hire that person or person's may have read the book as well hmmm

Toronto Police spokesman Mark Pugash did not offer a time line for when police will be done at the mansion.
“Like any investigation, they will hold the scene as long as they need it to collect the evidence they need,” he said.
On Wednesday, police were on the mansion’s roof again but that did not stand out as much as the actors dressed up as Honey and Barry Sherman.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-sherman-lookalikes-surreal

"...All seemed to be routine until something happened that caught people’s attention.
...Up rolled a silver Ford Mustang with a driver that looked like Barry Sherman at the wheel.
...Not only did he look like the Apotex founder but he was trying to emulate him — even wearing a wig.
...“I am doing a movie,” explained the driver.
...If it already didn’t seem bizarre, behind him in a gold-coloured Lexus RX SUV was a woman playing the part of Honey Sherman.
...For a few hours, it had the look that the Shermans were alive and back on Old Colony Rd.
...It was surreal.
...With a camera crew capturing it all, the lookalikes were driving up and down the street and turning into the driveway of a house next door. It was certainly eye catching.
...It wasn’t a movie but a re-enactment for an upcoming episode of the CBC’s The Fifth Estate — which will detail the final trip home for the philanthropic couple whose bodies were discovered in the pool area of their home. Toronto Police are now investigating what they say is a suspicious death."

Good grief. I have no words. UGH

" A more precise look at reconstruction, however, requires that we distinguish between the terms reconstruction, re-creation, and reenactment."
"The word re-creation means to form anew, especially in the imagination, to recollect and reform in the mind."
"The term "reconstruction" indicates the reassembling (as from remaining parts) of an item's original form, a putting together again. If a vase is broken into many small pieces, a craftsman would try to gather as many pieces as possible and attempt to fit them properly back together again. Some pieces might be missing; some fragments might fit together in more than one way."
"In crime reconstruction, the vase is a criminal event that has been shattered into numerous small pieces called "evidence." Given enough pieces, a reconstruction can determine which witness statements agree with the final shape of the reassembled facts and which are inconsistent with the result."
Quotes found in this article http://www.tissuegroup.chem.vt.edu/chem-ed/ethics/garrison/shooting.html

Toronto Police spokesman Mark Pugash did not offer a time line for when police will be done at the mansion.
“Like any investigation, they will hold the scene as long as they need it to collect the evidence they need,” he said.
On Wednesday, police were on the mansion’s roof again but that did not stand out as much as the actors dressed up as Honey and Barry Sherman.

What's with the roof? What could be of evidentiary value to the case up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway