Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....what about TPS claiming right away this was M/S. THAT in itself is awful, for everyone involved. Shame on them for releasing that statement when it was with little knowledge.

I am happy that we can now put this argument to rest, and now focus on who did it.

It’s frustrating, but police aren’t required to tell the truth if doing so could jeopardize their investigation.

Yes, they did say they searched two of the Sherman properties. I believe somebody here questioned where the second property was that LE searched. I don't think we know this yet. jmo
Just rewatched to confirm: they said "two residential properties belonging to the Sherman's have been searched." So you're correct :).

I've just relistened and she confirmed the second property searched was outside Canada, so it must be the Florida residence.

It’s frustrating, but police aren’t required to tell the truth if doing so could jeopardize their investigation.

Obviously but....they have no right to say it is M/S to their family when that was false. Murder or suicide doesn't jeopardize the investigation.

I don't think the press was ready for this result. They seemed to fumble around to find questions.

What about the cars, status of any indoor security cameras and if they arrived home separately? Not that they would have likely got answers but they could have tried.

I don't think the press was ready for this result. They seemed to fumble around to find questions.

What about the cars, status of any indoor security cameras and if they arrived home separately? Not that they would have likely got answers but they could have tried.

I agree. I think the long investigation time, the turn over of the property to the PI's and the long winded way Gomes ramped up to the conclusion made people think they were going to close the case. It sounded like the long justification of their investigative efforts was defending a finding of murder suicide. Blindsided quite a few of the reporters.

Obviously but....they have no right to say it is M/S to their family when that was false. Murder or suicide doesn't jeopardize the investigation.

Wait, I thought the family statement released today said the family was expecting LE’s announcement of murder?

If I misinterpreted it, I apologize.

In the days immediately after the Shermans were found dead, multiple news organizations quoted police sources as saying investigators were operating a working theory that the deaths were a murder-suicide.

“I don’t know where that came from,” Gomes said, adding that police gave equal weight to three possibilities: double suicide, murder suicide and double homicide, before deciding the evidence supported the latter.

In a statement, the Sherman family said the double homicide designation ”was anticipated by the Sherman family.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...llionaires-were-murdered-police-idUSKBN1FF2G2

I don't think anyone on TPS said that to the family in all honesty. Let's not forget, that TPS never made a statement that they were investigating this as a murder-suicide. The Homicide Unit is much better than that. I think this was something an officer on the divisional unit said to the media...Or someone close to the divisional unit... Thus the "police source".

And there you have it, finally! A double murder. Hopefully, that will put an end to the bizarre murder-suicide theories some posters were coming up with and were adamant about. This case never read like murder-suicide IMO even with the little facts we were given.

This reads like a contract hit either by their cousins or by some much more powerful person or agency. Who knows if it will ever be solved. Probably not.

So some leaks were correct, The belts,

I wonder what semi sitting means.

It does not seem a random burglar would go to all of this trouble. It seems very personal to me.

They were last seen alive Weds evening. The architect?

RBBM- They may have been seated on chairs or cushions when restrained by the belts and then the seats were removed leaving them in a semi-seated position.

I don't think anyone on TPS said that to the family in all honesty. Let's not forget, that TPS never made a statement that they were investigating this as a murder-suicide. The Homicide Unit is much better than that. I think this was something an officer on the divisional unit said to the media...Or someone close to the divisional unit... Thus the "police source".

Sloppy, at best.

I feel terrible for even considering Barry killed his much loved wife and then himself. I hope they catch the monsters that did this. Do you think the Sherman family may offer a reward for information?

They will absolutely not offer an reward. That would be insane, and I can't see anyone advising them of that.

RBBM- They may have been seated on chairs or cushions when restrained by the belts and then the seats were removed leaving them in a semi-seated position.

Great thought.

The fact that they appeared "semi-seated" could indeed mean they died in the sitting position, and rigor mortis set in.

Bet the killers are fairly young. I could imagine them saying to each other : " let's leave them hanging out by the pool " a sadistic joking kind of vibe. Just my opinion though...

After reading for so long, I was finally pushed to register by the press conference and resignation of the CEO. Re Jeremy Desai, is it possible that he has been a vocal proponent of the murder/suicide theory? This would no obviously create tension with the Sherman children, some of whom may be on the board. When it became clear it was a double murder, his continued employment would become untenable.

After reading for so long, I was finally pushed to register by the press conference and resignation of the CEO. Re Jeremy Desai, is it possible that he has been a vocal proponent of the murder/suicide theory? This would no obviously create tension with the Sherman children, some of whom may be on the board. When it became clear it was a double murder, his continued employment would become untenable.

Great first post, Breamworthy! Glad you’re here.

You make an excellent point, and I agree, quite probable.

Or perhaps LE wouldn’t confirm that he wasn’t a POI? Or is that just too obvious? Moo

Sloppy, at best.
Hey I hear ya. I'm often critical of or question LE. But TPS Homicide Unit haven't bungled this one. They've been nothing but thorough, and never said this was a murder-suicide. That's been the longest standing debate on this thread. Why all investigations aren't this thorough is another issue, but I'm not about to open that can of worms. :happydance:

Totally agree. TPS should keep a very close eye on Dr. Jeremy Desai, follow the money.

I agree that the timing of Desai’s resignation is very a strange. Some theories to consider are that either he was not cooperating with LE or he knew something. Just speculation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member