Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it a little odd that Honey had wounds on her and Barry only had alleged signs of his wrists being bound at some time.I guess he was overpowered by surprise and had no time to react.But still.....makes one go hmmm.

I still think it a little odd that Honey had wounds on her and Barry only had alleged signs of his wrists being bound at some time.I guess he was overpowered by surprise and had no time to react.But still.....makes one go hmmm.
I don't think there has been any official word on what injuries BS might have sustained.

rsbm

LE said Honey was beaten elsewhere and her body was moved so that tells me she was killed first or knocked unconscious and then dragged or carried to the pool area where the belt was tied around her neck. Because Barry was in the home, why didn't he intervene when his wife was attacked? If she screamed, I doubt any of the neighbors could hear her. If there were two killers, why wasn't Barry attacked and beaten too?

If someone wanted Barry dead, why murder him in his house when Honey was there? Why risk entering the home and killing Barry when Honey is able to call 911 for help? This happened when Barry and Honey were alone in the house and the killer knew no one else was around.

As far as we know, police haven’t found any evidence that proves someone entered the house and killed the Sherman's, so it makes sense that someone who lived there did it.
I've snipped your post just to respond to these two points.

Firstly there is no information suggesting they were both home together at the time the killer struck. Barry came home about 3 hours after Honey. If Honey was already dead or tied up by the time Barry came home she couldn't call 911. If Barry wasn't there when Honey was attacked he couldn't intervene.

Secondly, police have evidence that they were targeted which means they know that someone was in there and killed them even if they don't know how they got in.

Cosby 87...You said it better than I did.My gut feeling was and is the same as yours...just a gut feeling

How could it be Barry killing Honey? She was found with her coat and boots on. Would she be wearing them in the house for almost 2 hours until Barry came home?!

I think that’s too simplistic.

He didn't sell Empire to start Apotex. We don’t know that he used exclusively those funds or any of them.

He worked as as an employee for 6 months, and it seems like Apotex was incorporated about two years after the sale. He likely commingled his Empire money with any other assets he had at the time. We don’t really know how Apotex was capitalized. To conclude it was on a direct line from the share sale is speculative and not supported by the timeline.
To me it seems like an obvious component. Maybe not a direct link.

Do we know for sure they had their coats and boots on..We only know they had the same clothes on that they wore to see the architect.Coats and boots have never been confirmed altho jackets were mentioned.

Because I listen to my gut feelings and think independently. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and here are my thoughts.

After reading this article and listening to KW on the Fifth Estate, there is no evidence to prove someone entered the home and murdered the Sherman’s. As you probably know, polygraph tests are unreliable and that’s why they are inadmissible in Court.

Why was Honey beaten but not Barry? If the killer was angry with Barry and he was their target, why was Honey beaten instead of Barry?
LE said Honey was beaten elsewhere and her body was moved so that tells me she was killed first or knocked unconscious and then dragged or carried to the pool area where the belt was tied around her neck. Because Barry was in the home, why didn't he intervene when his wife was attacked? If she screamed, I doubt any of the neighbors could hear her. If there were two killers, why wasn't Barry attacked and beaten too?

If someone wanted Barry dead, why murder him in his house when Honey was there? Why risk entering the home and killing Barry when Honey is able to call 911 for help? This happened when Barry and Honey were alone in the house and the killer knew no one else was around.
It’s common knowledge that a man has more physical power than most women and although there is physical evidence proving Honey tried to defend herself when she was being attacked, she couldn't. Barry just happens to be a big and powerful man.

If Barry did murder Honey, do you think he would want to go through a trial, live with the consequences of his actions, and spend the rest of his life in a prison cell?

It seems to me that the murderer was angry at Honey, not Barry. If the murderer was angry at Barry, again, why wouldn’t he beat Barry?
According to KW, the only person who hated Honey was Barry and many people knew their marriage was in trouble for a very long time.
As far as we know, police haven’t found any evidence that proves someone entered the house and killed the Sherman's, so it makes sense that someone who lived there did it. This crime is personal and the rage was directed towards Honey, not Barry.

No forced entry, no DNA, no POIs, no suspects, no real leads, no Reward being offered for information that leads to the killer.

The fact that the security cameras weren’t working tells me that the person who committed the crime made sure they weren’t working to conceal what they did to Honey.

crosby 87 this was also my position until LE told us otherwise. This position in not popular with many many people on this site, and frankly I received some pretty nasty messages for posting essentially what you did. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. At this point I have to rely on the conclusion of LE that this was a targeted double homicide. They have the evidence they have gathered, which imo must be enough to support their conclusion. If they reversed course now it would certainly call into question their competence. There has been direction and communications to LE from the mayor (who is the head of the Police Services Board) and who knows who else. Who knows what’s was said or implied, and by whom. But after it’s all said and done I accept LE’s conclusion. All moo

Do we know for sure they had their coats and boots on..We only know they had the same clothes on that they wore to see the architect.Coats and boots have never been confirmed altho jackets were mentioned.

I read it on one of the articles linked on here. I don't keep all these links so can't help you that way, BUT even if it was jackets, would Honey have her jacket on in the house for almost 2 hours until Barry got home?!

Yes a huge leap. I grew up in a family with very similar circumstances and all of the kids were successful and led normal lives. Contrarily, my husbands family had two married devoted parents. My husband turned out fine but his sister is a narcissistic entitled brat. It doesn’t speak for itself at all and you were not part of the family so you are projecting IMO. Not end of story.
You can both interpret the situation differently, it's really not a big deal. Everyone has different levels of resiliency. 3 of the 4 boys didn't fare so great, and for a plethora of complex reasons.

Because I listen to my gut feelings and think independently. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and here are my thoughts.

After reading this article and listening to KW on the Fifth Estate, there is no evidence to prove someone entered the home and murdered the Sherman’s. As you probably know, polygraph tests are unreliable and that’s why they are inadmissible in Court.

Why was Honey beaten but not Barry? If the killer was angry with Barry and he was their target, why was Honey beaten instead of Barry?

It’s common knowledge that a man has more physical power than most women and although there is physical evidence proving Honey tried to defend herself when she was being attacked, she couldn't. Barry just happens to be a big and powerful man.

If Barry did murder Honey, do you think he would want to go through a trial, live with the consequences of his actions, and spend the rest of his life in a prison cell?

It seems to me that the murderer was angry at Honey, not Barry. If the murderer was angry at Barry, again, why wouldn’t he beat Barry?
According to KW, the only person who hated Honey was Barry and many people knew their marriage was in trouble for a very long time.
As far as we know, police haven’t found any evidence that proves someone entered the house and killed the Sherman's, so it makes sense that someone who lived there did it. This crime is personal and the rage was directed towards Honey, not Barry.

No forced entry, no DNA, no POIs, no suspects, no real leads, no Reward being offered for information that leads to the killer.

The fact that the security cameras weren’t working tells me that the person who committed the crime made sure they weren’t working to conceal what they did to Honey.

A lot of your questions were discussed in earlier threads. The LE said they were both targetted not just BS. Someone wanted them both dead. BS was not strong enough to carry her body to the basement. He was 75 years old and was a workaholic - probably rarely exercised. There was a realtor's lock on the door or someone they knew could have been allowed in. Their house was in Toronto Life so anyone could see the layout. They entertained and had house showings. The neighbours said their side door was often unlocked. The LE said HS suffered injuries because they suspect she put up a fight. Maybe BS seeing his wife dead or used as a threat didn't. Leaks that no one has denied yet stated they were both found with their coats on down around their arms. If he left almost 3 hours after her, why would she still have her coat on? Why would he pose himself with his coat on down around his arms?

The LE has not said there was no DNA or evidence. They are now keeping tight lipped.

She came home almost 3 hours before him so she could have easily been subdued and held tied up until he arrived and both killed. Or they could have killed her first. We don't have the details of the autopsy or the full LE report. Why would the police put out a reward if they don't want any info to the public yet.

I just don't know why Murder suicide is still a topic with all these threads and the LE report that says otherwise. Its great to be a free thinker but the facts should be a part of that. There have been so many developments in the past few weeks.

I read it on one of the articles linked on here. I don't keep all these links so can't help you that way, BUT even if it was jackets, would Honey have her jacket on in the house for almost 2 hours until Barry got home?!

The jackets (I am sure not about the boots) have been mentioned in a few articles as I recall and no one has denied them. Most of the other leaks were confirmed by LE (belts, semi sitting position by the pool, etc.) So I am thinking this may be true.

It would be interesting if one of these interviewers would ask KW how he feels about his adoptive fathers death.
I wonder how bitter he is towards him

Do we know when Honey got home.She left Apotex a couple hours before her husband,but did she go straight home.

Do we know when Honey got home.She left Apotex a couple hours before her husband,but did she go straight home.

I havent seen any info that confirms when she in fact got home.

The Fifth Estate said she went right home. Not sure if that is fact or assumption.

Even if she stopped somewhere it is unlikely Honey and Barry arrived home together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo