Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only was BS not given a better price, due to his personal relationship he had held with its deceased owner, he paid MORE for it than the other bidder who was not at all related. And not only was he allowed to then purchase it, but there were stipulations for these 2 'options', which would NOT have been able to be effected had Empire's sale gone through to the other bidder. Because of BS's relationship with LW, he was actually penalized. If that were me, I have to admit, I would be p!$$ed!
Rsbm. Penalized? You'd be pissed? Over two clauses that looked out for 4 orphaned children?

It is safer to state double murder and be proven wrong than murder suicide and be proven wrong

Interesting thought process that the killer went through IMO. Aim for the deaths to look like suicides. Next best scenario make it look like murder suicide. Neither have outside involvement. Why is that so important, because the killer knows he is an obvious suspect if it is double murder.

Possibly.

Good thought tortoise.I often thought that if it was murder suicide..why disguise it.You would both be dead anyway.No need to pretend.

Why was Honey beaten but not Barry? If the killer was angry with Barry and he was their target, why was Honey beaten instead of Barry?

The killer wanted it to look like Barry had murdered his wife.

Coincidentally KW has made statements that BS wanted to see his wife killed.

The Fifth Estate said she went right home. Not sure if that is fact or assumption.

None of the timeline that the Fifth Estate broadcast has been confirmed by LE to my knowledge. We do not know where they got this information.

That might be so but he was party to the lawsuit. Paul is Tim.
That's really interesting to me, to be honest. He never asked for or received a handout from BS, but when the information was brought his attention about their father's company, he wanted to be part of the lawsuit. That suggests to me that it wasn't just about the money to him, that he felt very wronged, and that these cousins really believed in this lawsuit.

This idea that at some point their hands were bound, had me puzzled. At first, I thought Honeys hand was bound to her other hand and Barrys to his other hand.

I was totally puzzled as to WHY they were no longer bound, if it had been necessary.

While watching the Fifth Estate, the hairs on my arm stood up when KW said ......they were hanging, hand in hand (or holding hands) by the pool. (or something very, very similar).

Is that a Freudian slip of some sort? IF and Im only saying IF, did they at some point try to make B & H look as if they were,indeed, holding hands in that macabre death scene? It didn't work so well, so they took off the bindings, which have never been found but it would explain why they had marks on their wrists.

Going back to find that part of Fifth Estate, see if I can find the proper wording. Darned ads are annoying.

GO EAGLES!

That's really interesting to me, to be honest. He never asked for or received a handout from BS, but when the information was brought his attention about their father's company, he wanted to be part of the lawsuit. That suggests to me that it wasn't just about the money to him, that he felt very wronged, and that these cousins really believed in this lawsuit.
I don't doubt Kerry believed in it. He wasn't acting when he tearfully said he was betrayed and hurt, it's the only part I don't feel he was lying. And I've watched a lot of crocodile tears in all the cases I've followed.

After reading this article and listening to KW on the Fifth Estate, there is no evidence to prove someone entered the home and murdered the Sherman’s.

How do you figure this? Even if you consider KW a reliable source, he is not privy to the details of the investigation.

LE said Honey was beaten elsewhere and her body was moved so that tells me she was killed first or knocked unconscious and then dragged or carried to the pool area where the belt was tied around her neck.

No, this is not at all what they said. She was sitting in the pool of blood from her beating, so it was not in a different location.

Because Barry was in the home, why didn't he intervene when his wife was attacked?

Because he was still at work for another three hours..?

It’s common knowledge that a man has more physical power than most women and although there is physical evidence proving Honey tried to defend herself when she was being attacked, she couldn't. Barry just happens to be a big and powerful man.

Barry was neither big nor powerful physically. In fact, there have been lots of mentions about his bad back and general physical weakness.

As far as we know, police haven’t found any evidence that proves someone entered the house and killed the Sherman's, so it makes sense that someone who lived there did it. This crime is personal and the rage was directed towards Honey, not Barry.

No forced entry, no DNA, no POIs, no suspects, no real leads, no Reward being offered for information that leads to the killer.

How about the fact that their hands were tied and the ties removed from the scene? Again, I'm unclear how you think we know that LE has no DNA, no POI, etc.

This idea that at some point their hands were bound, had me puzzled. At first, I thought Honeys hand was bound to her other hand and Barrys to his other hand.

I was totally puzzled as to WHY they were no longer bound, if it had been necessary.

While watching the Fifth Estate, the hairs on my arm stood up when KW said ......they were hanging, hand in hand (or holding hands) by the pool. (or something very, very similar).

Is that a Freudian slip of some sort? IF and Im only saying IF, did they at some point try to make B & H look as if they were,indeed, holding hands in that macabre death scene? It didn't work so well, so they took off the bindings, which have never been found but it would explain why they had marks on their wrists.

Going back to find that part of Fifth Estate, see if I can find the proper wording. Darned ads are annoying.

GO EAGLES!
RBBM
I'm not sure about the Fifth Estate broadcast, but KW said something similar to the Daily Mail. (Around the 1:50 mark): [video]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/1619102.html[/video]

Because I listen to my gut feelings and think independently. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and here are my thoughts.

After reading this article and listening to KW on the Fifth Estate, there is no evidence to prove someone entered the home and murdered the Sherman’s. As you probably know, polygraph tests are unreliable and that’s why they are inadmissible in Court.

Why was Honey beaten but not Barry? If the killer was angry with Barry and he was their target, why was Honey beaten instead of Barry?
LE said Honey was beaten elsewhere and her body was moved so that tells me she was killed first or knocked unconscious and then dragged or carried to the pool area where the belt was tied around her neck. Because Barry was in the home, why didn't he intervene when his wife was attacked? If she screamed, I doubt any of the neighbors could hear her. If there were two killers, why wasn't Barry attacked and beaten too?

If someone wanted Barry dead, why murder him in his house when Honey was there? Why risk entering the home and killing Barry when Honey is able to call 911 for help? This happened when Barry and Honey were alone in the house and the killer knew no one else was around.
It’s common knowledge that a man has more physical power than most women and although there is physical evidence proving Honey tried to defend herself when she was being attacked, she couldn't. Barry just happens to be a big and powerful man.

If Barry did murder Honey, do you think he would want to go through a trial, live with the consequences of his actions, and spend the rest of his life in a prison cell?

It seems to me that the murderer was angry at Honey, not Barry. If the murderer was angry at Barry, again, why wouldn’t he beat Barry?
According to KW, the only person who hated Honey was Barry and many people knew their marriage was in trouble for a very long time.
As far as we know, police haven’t found any evidence that proves someone entered the house and killed the Sherman's, so it makes sense that someone who lived there did it. This crime is personal and the rage was directed towards Honey, not Barry.

No forced entry, no DNA, no POIs, no suspects, no real leads, no Reward being offered for information that leads to the killer.

The fact that the security cameras weren’t working tells me that the person who committed the crime made sure they weren’t working to conceal what they did to Honey.
Half of North America, and half of this site, were calling BS a murderer not to long ago. There's been a plethora of reasoning given by members here to suggest that's not that case. No forced entry means nothing. It means the killer(s) were able to get inside without force. There were ligature marks on both their wrists, suggesting they had been tied up. Just because we didn't hear about BS's injuries, doesn't mean he didn't have any, or he could have been subdued far more quickly that his wife, HS could have fought her arse off. One killer could have done this if they arrived home at different times, two could have also. BS hated HS because KW who failed the lie detector test about said topic, told us so? Their relationship was fine, the article states they were opposites and took jabs at each other, I know multiple couples with that kind of dynamic who are perfectly happy and healthy. We have no idea what evidence TPS has, they don't tell the public that kind of information. What we do know is they have enough of it to classify this case as a double-homicide. BS did not murder HS. He didn't then, and he didn't now.

Why they waited 6 weeks is beyond me. He seems their most easily identifiable suspect. LE would have looked stupid if he got hit by a bus in the interim. But having said that, why not ask for DNA while he is there? Let him say no. Imo the police may in fact have no DNA evidence at the scene that hasn’t already been identified.

Seems they waited longer than 6 weeks, and may not have even done so yet? Has anyone come across anything to say that it has now been done? This was published Jan 31/18: "Toronto police have yet to interview the cousins, but Kerry Winter said he will be interviewed as early as Thursday."
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...000-the-week-before-they-were-found-dead.html

Why they waited 6 weeks is beyond me. He seems their most easily identifiable suspect. LE would have looked stupid if he got hit by a bus in the interim. But having said that, why not ask for DNA while he is there? Let him say no. Imo the police may in fact have no DNA evidence at the scene that hasn’t already been identified.

It would be difficult (imho) to *not* leave something behind. LE may not have legal justification for officially collecting KW's DNA, but it will likely be simple enough for them to get it by other means.

It is safer to state double murder and be proven wrong than murder suicide and be proven wrong
No... LE doesn't work that way. They come to conclusions when they are fully confident in them. Otherwise it would have remained a suspicious death and be classified as such.

Seems they waited longer than 6 weeks, and may not have even done so yet? Has anyone come across anything to say that it has now been done? This was published Jan 31/18: "Toronto police have yet to interview the cousins, but Kerry Winter said he will be interviewed as early as Thursday."
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...000-the-week-before-they-were-found-dead.html

Yes, he was interviewed from 9 pm Thursday until 1 am Friday.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/sherman-cousin-kerry-winter-speaks-with-toronto-police

2 cents: Common items at construction sites are safety harnesses, leash-type rope with clips that tighten and hold heavy objects, rope, zip ties, tape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo