Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because LE still had the home taped off, and because they did a 're-enactment' of sorts, showing the same vehicle BS drove, showing an actor who looked like BS, showing the route, etc.. I figured they were doing it so that in the event someone may have seen his vehicle, with a person that looked like that driving, or in the car, it may have sparked a memory. There was said to be no forced entry... what if someone had been in the car with BS, as either a passenger or the driver, and got into the house along with him? Someone could have seen something... It just so happened that prior to airing the show, police said it was a double homicide.. and now we've got this highly questionable guy who hated these people with passion, on record trying to say that BS killed his wife. The chances of it being him seem so low just because it seems impossible that someone could be so stupid to go on record saying all of that stuff that he said, but who knows?

Rbbm.speculation, imo.
Who knows, it does seem unlikely that KW did it, but on the other hand, this comes to mind....

Thank you, deugirtni! What I see is what appears to be a bruise on the top fleshy part of KW’s left hand between his thumb and forefinger. I imagine a belt wrapped tightly around the hand followed by strangulation of someone could cause such an injury, IMO.

KW is a site supervisor and IMO does not do the construction work but supervised the work of others in the trades and therefore an injury like the one I see IMO would be unlikely.

If the bruise was severe it may well take a long time to fully heal, especially on an older man, IMO.

I’ll go back to reading now as I don’t want my comments interpreted as derailing the discussion here. Thanks again for your response, deugirtni!

I hope Mr. and Mrs. Sherman’s murder will be solved soon and that their family finds answers that lead to peace and acceptance. IMO, none of them deserved the horror that they have experienced.

ALL MOO.

You have brought new insights and ideas. Thanks

But what I meant was why make a program if the police might announce it is murder suicide. Why would they reenact Barry and Honey driving home to murder suicide? They made the program before the announcement of double murder.

Perhaps they were working with Greenspan's help. But even then I don't know if they'd have aired a program that undermined what LE might have announced.

There were *so* many people that were questioning LE on their apparent 'M/S' theory though. Even if police had officially announced it as M/S, I'm not sure how many would have believed it. (At least until they released details enough to 'prove it'). jmo. Also, I think they were doing the show because of KW's claims that BS had asked him twice in the past to 'whack his wife'... so either way, 5E's story was a good one - either there was 'proof' that BS thought about it in the past, or there was proof that KW is a nutcase. moo.

Bruises usually heal completely in two weeks. There is no way KW hand bruise is related to this crime.

Do you have info on that? There are so many variables that I do not understand that assertion and where the evidence for that view comes from

Many tradespeople in my family. They all wear gloves of some sort,

Because BS didn't show up for work on Thursday, I believe they died Wednesday night after Barry returned home from work so what KW did Thursday is irrelevant.

They could have been killed in the AM

I wish I knew the link, He left home at 15 and continued in a private school, He went onto university. Graduated and started a Master’s he did not complete. Now if only I can find it

I wish I knew the link, He left home at 15 and continued in a private school, He went onto university. Graduated and started a Master’s he did not complete. Now if only I can find it

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

By 1973, the year Sherman sold Empire, Kerry, then 12 years old, and his closest brother, 11-year-old Dana, were extremely un*happy. They found Barkin difficult and their adoptive mother cold. By age 15, Kerry had left home and moved into a rooming house. He continued to attend school, where he was arrested for selling hash and marijuana and sentenced to six months in the Mimico Correctional Centre. In what would become a recurring theme, a relative came to his rescue. Uncle Wayne used his connections to get Kerry accepted into Ottawa’s tony Ashbury College. He graduated and took honours English at Richmond College in London, England, with fees paid by the family trust. He enrolled in San Diego State University for a masters but never finished. Instead, he travelled around the world; while in Peru, he began to experiment with crack cocaine and heroin.

KW,to me, is a person who thinks he is very entitiled. He appears to be a compulsive liar as well. He can’t keep his stories straight.

I am sure he thinks he is clever, charming, and smarter than the average person. He seems to have been enabled for years to do as he pleases.

I think he feels he can get away with plenty and no one is the wiser because he is so cute, so smart and so deserving

O/T

Not saying this in sympathy but it must be hard to be part of wealthy family but not 'of' the wealthy branch.

Like Sarah Jane Parker has about 6 siblings but she's the rich and famous one. How do the others fare?

Probably have 9-5 grinds etc. like regular people.

For KW, its been about being on the outside, looking in at the Shermans. Although, having said that, Im sure he had a very affluent upbringing with the Barkins. He says he wasn't happy. I know a couple of people who would NEVER be happy.

I believe he wants it to be a murder/suicide because he wants them to have the divine curse, forever.

Whoever committed the crime knew where the Sherman's kept their personal belongings inside their massive house imo.

Did the two men's belts used to tie the bodies to the railings belong to Barry?

It's seems odd to me that someone who didn't live there would bring two belts with them or would want to spend time searching for them
after they entered the house. Imo, the killer knew where these belts were kept inside the house.

If someone other than Barry committed this crime, wouldn’t their fingerprints be on the belts? Apparently, wearing gloves in almost all instances would prevent a fingerprint being deposited on the surface, but research has proved that thinner gloves, mostly latex gloves, would still leave a fingerprint, through the glove, on most surfaces. Prints left in that way can still be developed and used for identification.

IF the killer put on Honey’s coat and boots, as someone posted today, and Barry's too, doesn't that mean they knew where they hung their coats and kept their boots? The closet where they kept their coats likely has a door on it so the coats wouldn't be visible and readily available.

How would someone who hasn't been in their house before know where the door and steps to the pool was and why bother moving Honey there in order to hang their bodies on the railings?

<snipped>

At the time, multiple media reports and a police source said investigators' initial theory was that Mr. Sherman might have killed his wife and then himself, but the family strongly disputed this.

At Friday&#8217;s press conference, police said Barry and Honey Sherman&#8217;s last contact with friends, family or business associates was late in the day Wednesday.

Also the key to their house was still in the drop box and the security cameras were not working

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...arry-and-honey-sherman-death-case-friday.html
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...arry-and-honey-sherman-death-case-friday.html

Another snoopy neighbor lol

Sarah Alvi, who lived across from the Shermans, said when she heard the Sherman’s were selling their home, she'd gone in "for fun, just to check it out."

At the time she said she spoke with Honey Sherman, who she knew quite a bit better than Barry Sherman. Everything seemed normal, Alvi said.

"The kids' rooms were gorgeous... It was picture perfect."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-toronto-dead-apotex-1.4451452

O/T

Not saying this in sympathy but it must be hard to be part of wealthy family but not 'of' the wealthy branch.

Like Sarah Jane Parker has about 6 siblings but she's the rich and famous one. How do the others fare?

Probably have 9-5 grinds etc. like regular people.

For KW, its been about being on the outside, looking in at the Shermans. Although, having said that, Im sure he had a very affluent upbringing with the Barkins. He says he wasn't happy. I know a couple of people who would NEVER be happy.

I believe he wants it to be a murder/suicide because he wants them to have the divine curse, forever.

He received an allowance of $20,000 a month, loans for businesses, homes, cottages. That is not wealthy?$20,000 a month for doing nothing? If it was so rough, he could have subsidized it with a job

He received an allowance of $20,000 a month, loans for businesses, homes, cottages. That is not wealthy?$20,000 a month for doing nothing? If it was so rough, he could have subsidized it with a job

Well, its more than I will ever make! LOL

I just mean he wanted the Sherman part or part of the Sherman dream thing.

Yep, $20G a month is pretty good allowance money.

If the killer was a professional, wouldn’t it make more sense to kill Honey as soon as possible, why wait for what might be hours before Barry arrived, and risk something going wrong and leaving a live witness.
Keeping her alive until Barry got there, seems to make it more personal.

I wonder if I've missed something - how do we know that Honey was kept alive until Barry got home?

But when? Apparently they didn't even interview him until Feb 1st, which was 7 weeks after the event. Wouldn't it have been prudent to interview such a person as soon as possible? I mean, even if police had their thoughts as to what happened, and even if they didn't think KW was involved... with such a history there, it just would've made sense. P!$$es me off!

bbm

Me too! It's hard to imagine that KW wasn't interviewed by LE very soon after the murders even if only to rule him out as a suspect, IMO.

All MOO.

You have brought new insights and ideas. Thanks

This is very kind of you to say and much appreciated. Thank you, human.:) Thanks as well to Grey St. and MisStery for the kind words earlier as well. I usually read and post from my phone so I cannot add individual thanks to each post when not on the computer, but I am adding belatedly hundreds of thanks to all the WS participants for sharing your thoughtful posts and sleuthing skills! I always find it so interesting to read the varied perspectives, knowledge and experiences on this site. Even when I may not agree with some opinions posted, I always respect them and often they inspire me to open my mind to other possibilities that I would not necessarily see on my own.

Have a good night folks. :)

All MOO

Me too! It's hard to imagine that KW wasn't interviewed by LE very soon after the murders even if only to rule him out as a suspect, IMO.

All MOO.

Agreed unless LE already has a solid idea who did this and was focusing on building the case around that. Then KW blabs his face off (probably because LE wouldn't give him the attention he craves) and the attention goes off the rails. But if LE is zeroing on a suspect, then this KW spectacle can work in their favour to have the real suspects think LE is not looking at them. This whole thing has been so bizarre as high profile cases go.

^^^ totally agree. Seems more bizarre by the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice