Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]WARMINGTON: Cousin claiming Sherman deaths murder-suicide fails lie detector[/h]

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-cousin-claiming-sherman-deaths-murder-suicide-fails-lie-detector

Barry attended Lou’s funeral, then visited Beverley in the hospital, where they talked about what might happen to Empire and the children’s future interests.

He said that if she and the executors wished, he would take over the business and protect its value for the benefit of the children. In return, they would have to grant him the right to purchase the company if it came up for sale. Beverley discussed the idea but made no decision. Seventeen days later, she was dead.

Three days after her death, Barry made the same proposal to trustees of the Winter estate. They said no, that they would continue to run the business. And so the children’s legacy—Empire Labs and a trust fund—remained in the hands of two lawyers, an accountant and Royal Trust.

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/
Three days after Beverly's death, Sherman made a bid for the company and gave estate executors, the Royal Trust, just 24-hours to decide. The Trust declined.

A couple of years later Sherman and his then business partner, former high school friend, Joel Ulster, made another run for Empire.

This time he was successful - in large part because trustees were swayed by an option written into the purchase agreement that offered the four Winter orphans the opportunity to work for their father's company at the age of 21 and to acquire five percent of the company two years later should they want it.

But in 1972 Sherman sold Empire. Before he did so he had merged with a drugstore chain and relinquished 51 percent of the business.

In doing so he triggered an expiration clause in the option providing for the orphans
, which was dependent him having control of the company.

Sherman maintained that the loss of control absolved him of any 'fiduciary duty' to them. He disappeared out of their lives and two years later parlayed the profits of Empire's sale into founding Apotex.

Today, Winter said, his older cousin 'never had any intention of honoring that option.'

Certainly he never told Martin and Carole Barkin, the couple who adopted the Winter orphans, that it existed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5327391/Canadian-tycoon-killed-wife-says-cousin.html
Then, older brother Jeffery started asking questions about the sale of their father's business and everything changed.

The siblings sued Royal Trust in 2001 for access to documents relating to the sale. In 2002 they discovered the option that Sherman had buried.

On one document, Winter said, a handwritten note from a trustee who visited Beverly shortly before her death noted she was 'visibly upset' and, 'worried that Barry is trying to steal the company from the children.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5327391/Canadian-tycoon-killed-wife-says-cousin.html
(respectfully snipped and bolded by me)

I can't even start to imagine how this poor woman (Beverly) must have felt, laying on a hospital bed at age 31, with a terminal illness, her husband had just died suddenly of a heart attack, and leaving her 4 young children (ages 3, 4, 5 and 7 approx.) alone in the world.

Call it woman's or mother's instinct, but somehow she "knew" in her heart of BS's intentions.
Very tragic and so heartbreaking!
:tears: JMO MOO JMHO

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018/01/31/16/4835D07700000578-5327391-image-a-13_1517415629971.jpg

4835D07700000578-5327391-image-a-13_1517415629971.jpg

[h=1]WARMINGTON: Cousin claiming Sherman deaths murder-suicide fails lie detector[/h]

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-cousin-claiming-sherman-deaths-murder-suicide-fails-lie-detector
This is getting interesting!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jumping off your post. [emoji4]

[emoji4] And he also needs to start taking responsibility for his own life and personal failings. There isn’t any amount of money that can fix that. Ohhhhh the self pity, hatred, loathing and revenge that exudes from KW.

He has been given more monetary fortunes, countless help in other ways, drug rehab bankrolled by BS ... the list goes on and on. Never a single mention of his own personal responsibility for his own life’s actions and repercussions.

I simply have no respect for a person of his ilk, and find it to be absolutely despicable that he is adding so much additional pain and heartbreak to the Sherman’s children.

KW is not a human being with goodness in his soul. He survives solely on self pity and greed. Horrific way to go through life.

MOO
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AFAIK, yes this is Dr. Barkin and his wife who adopted the four brothers. IMO

Tim was never involved in the lawsuits and is an accomplished chef. IMO

Jeffrey took the Barkin surname, not sure what his occupation is presently. IMO

Dana is dead from a drug overdose. IMO

And we all know who KW is at present. IMO

Obviously, life with the Barkins was fine for two of the four brothers. IMO

Kerry was 12 (or so) when adopted and gone by 15 according to that article. Arrested for drug 'issues'. IMO

How anyone can judge the Barkins as the cause of these young boys hardships, I really do not know. IMO

Any couple who would step up and raise four brothers, all entering their teens, must have a big heart as far as I am concerned. I would never presume to judge them as poor parents, not by any stretch. IMO
While I agree that it was admirable for them to do what they did, it really just comes down to the fact that we really don't know. Who I don't blame or judge for two of the cousin's turning out as they did, is the cousin's themselves. Being orphaned at 12, is a traumatic experience. Trauma affects your development well into your 20's. Trauma also affects all people differently, even if you're related. So I'm not surprised that 2 of them went on to be well adjusted, and 2 of them did not. The possibility of your new caregivers also being cold and detached, would have grave implications as well. I'm not saying that part is true, but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised by any of this.

With all that being said, while I'm not surprised KW got where he is, I'm also not justifying his behavior as of late. The dude scares me.

The cousins are obviously deeply unhappy people - losing their parents at such as young age, being raised in an unhappy adoptive home, becoming drug addicts - but how is any of that BS' fault? I just don't understand their lawsuit against BS. What could he possibly have done differently to make sure they grew up to be happy, well-adjusted adults? And how could getting the $1 billion they were suing him for have made a difference to their lives?
It likely wouldn't have, really. Money doesn't really fix what was broken within the cousins. I think the lawsuit came down to pride, principle, and what they felt was justice regarding their fathers company, and details that weren't made available to them.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-cousin-1.4514176

FIFTH ESTATE
Barry Sherman's cousin fails lie detector test over allegation of plot to kill Honey Sherman

Watch the fifth estate on CBC Friday February 2.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So who's going to watch tomorrow night? I have no shame in saying that I will be! No surprise in KW failing that lie detector test, I still cannot wrap my head around what he thinks he's current doing.

So who's going to watch tomorrow night? I have no shame in saying that I will be! No surprise in KW failing that lie detector test, I still cannot wrap my head around what he thinks he's current doing.

Moo
He is gloating over their deaths while twisting a knife deeper.

While I agree that it was admirable for them to do what they did, it really just comes down to the fact that we really don't know. Who I don't blame or judge for two of the cousin's turning out as they did, is the cousin's themselves. Being orphaned at 12, is a traumatic experience. Trauma affects your development well into your 20's. Trauma also affects all people differently, even if you're related. So I'm not surprised that 2 of them went on to be well adjusted, and 2 of them did not. The possibility of your new caregivers also being cold and detached, would have grave implications as well. I'm not saying that part is true, but if it is, I wouldn't be surprised by any of this.

With all that being said, while I'm not surprised KW got where he is, I'm also not justifying his behavior as of late. The dude scares me.

None of the cousins were orphaned at age 12. They ranged in age from 3 to 7 when their parents died in late 1965. Their ages when orphaned certainly doesn't negate what you're saying, I just wanted to clarify they were a lot younger than 12.

"Then, in 1958, Lou and Beverley adopted a baby boy, Tim, and, as sometimes happens, Beverley became pregnant. She gave birth to Jeffrey in 1960, Kerry in 1961 and Dana in 1962."

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

So who's going to watch (Fifth Estate) tomorrow night? I have no shame in saying that I will be! No surprise in KW failing that lie detector test, I still cannot wrap my head around what he thinks he's current doing.

There's no surprise that he failed the test. The National had a little clip on the news last night and it was pretty obvious that he was not only lieing, but had some strong motivation for murder, and it looked to me like he had the physical strength to do it. It reminded me of the TV series "Lie to Me", which is available on Netflix ... shameless plug for an interesting show.

Tarika, it was discussed, yes but there was never a link. IMO

The only link was about the Winter boys 'blowing through it', referring to their inheritance. IMO
Even that link, I believe, referred to the two who were druggies. IMO

The Official Guardian has not changed the rules re: minors and money. It is held for them until they reach adulthood. IMO

The Barkins never had access to any money from an inheritance for the Winters boys. Just not true/possible.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Toronto-15-Dec-2017-1&p=13817445#post13817445

"Their adoptive parents spent most of the money" was in the Globe and Mail at above link.

This is straight out of Patsy Ramsey land

"Did you kill Honey and Barry Sherman?"

"Absolutely not.. I had nothing to do with it.. I don't know who did it..."

No might have been more convincing. IMO. He wasn't asked if he knew who did it, but he had the need to keep talking, to distract from his unconvincing answer.

Mystery over, case closed for me. His turmoil is so evident, I do have sympathy for him, I feel they were wronged. But I do not and never will condone murder in any situation.

I still feel the reenactment of the victims' final few hours is in poor taste this soon after the event - but I likely will cave in and stream it soon out of sheer curiosity.

If KW didn't do it (and I don't believe he had the brains to commit what is looking like a perfect crime, in terms of evidence and what we know so far - which of course may not be all TPS knows), nor the cash to hire someone - what is his motivation for courting all this publicity now? Money (from the DM and the Mirror, maybe), hatred of the entire Sherman family and jealousy of the children, and/ or is he just a regular sociopath who enjoys attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214