Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MizStery, do you happen to know how to access the alert button in Tapatalk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tap the post, then hit the three dots in right hand upper corner.
A drop down list will show the option "report".
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I strongly suspect that wreaking revenge on someone was the motive for these murders. The perpetrator would be someone who feels wronged, hurt and betrayed intentionally. Most of us may fantasize about obtaining revenge, but our better judgment, moral compass and fear of reprisal makes us move on and let it go. Someone seeking revenge would be motivated by some of the deadly sins - anger, greed, envy, pride, wrath and arrogance.

Revenge is a response to injustice and killing is justified by murderers who seek an" eye for an eye" or "tooth for a tooth". It often includes making your victims suffer for the pain and betrayal the vengeful person feels they have suffered.

I could be wrong, but this is what I feel was the reason for these murders.

Bi polar means what? Lots of people are bipolar. Jeff does nothing and has never done anything?

You don't take this lightly. I have a relative who has bi-polar and it is devastating. He can't work.

Good point about the belts. I would imagine there are robes by a pool. A longer belt would make sense. A leather belt does not make sense

Good point about the belts. I would imagine there are robes by a pool. A longer belt would make sense. A leather belt does not make sense

Since I am of the opinion that this was a meticulously planned murder, I suspect they brought their own belts. I think there were 2 people involved who studied or knew the home and where BS and HS were that night. I think one of them was at the home waiting for HS and the other attacked BS either when he left the office or when he arrived home. This crime was long time in the planning and these people had a plan. I also think it’s possible that KW was one of the people behind this but was not there to “do the deed”. Just moo.

You don't take this lightly. I have a relative who has bi-polar and it is devastating. He can't work.

I have a bipolar cousin and he holds down a job just fine. He also takes his meds.

The Toronto Sun Warmington article from December 19th said men's leather belts. While that is based on a leak, it has never been refuted that I have seen.

I have a bipolar cousin and he holds down a job just fine. He also takes his meds.

Some people I think can hold down part-time jobs but not all and if you don't take your meds which some think they don't need when they are better on them, they go off the rail. It's very hard. This relative in 52 years old and has not been able to work since he was 16.

I wondered about belts from robes that might be worn after exiting the pool.
I don't know anyone with an indoor pool.
I have been to a few gyms with an indoor pool and thick Terry cloth robes are readily available.
Maybe someone with an indoor pool could chime in on if they have robes near the pool to wear.

Has it ever been stated that men men's belts were leather or pant belts?

Is the tie on a robe even considered a "belt"?
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I would consider them belts as “ties” are usually thought to be neckties.

Considering the MIL suite was downstairs I would think it likely they would have robes down there.

If it were men’s belts, the house was for sale and that means people being shown the house so anyone who did a walkthrough could figure out where the belts were

JMO

I should say has never been able to work at all ever.

Every case is different. As with many other illnesses, its on a continuum.

If you are controlled with meds. some people CAN work but not everyone.

Not working with the public or at repetitive tasks is best.

I believe the belts were mens leather belts, brought to the scene by the murderers. No one, in their right mind, plans a murder, then goes to the home of the victim to find something with which to hang them. IMO

This was meticulously planned and executed. Nothing left to chance. and probably, no DNA from the perps. IMO

Did KW have anything to do with it? IMO

I do not know. IMO

I'm assuming the killer didn't know Barry would arrive 3 hours later and had to get back to keeping watch outside, to see where to take him by surprise. He could have parked out front and entered through the front door or driven straight into the garage.

If an intruder attacked Honey before Barry arrived, did he leave Honey lying in a pool of her own blood while he waited for Barry?
LE saw a pool of Honey's blood on the floor so the intruder didn't clean it up.

It doesn't sound like Barry fought back, but if Honey did, why wouldn't Barry?

How did the intruder manage to get Barry down the basement stairs and into the pool area without knocking him out first?

There must be many things equally or more effective than leather belts for strangling. Seems like an odd choice for planned and premeditated.

I can’t see meticulous killers bringing in belts and leaving them behind with potential fingerprints or trace evidence.

Not quoting verbatim, but on the Fifth Estate it was said that their guest criminologist Michael Arntfield administers a huge American homicide database. Arntfield said that since 1976, among 800,000 murders, this type of murder similar to the Shermans has happened 22 times.

All of the 22 cases were eventually solved.

I believe the belts were mens leather belts, brought to the scene by the murderers. No one, in their right mind, plans a murder, then goes to the home of the victim to find something with which to hang them. IMO

This was meticulously planned and executed. Nothing left to chance. and probably, no DNA from the perps. IMO

I do not know. IMO

They could have known the belts were there but you have a point. They also would not have brought their own. So purchased either new or at a thrift store (which could confuse dna).

IMO

I do not know. IMO

Didnt one of the reports indicate the belts were fastened or tightened around the necks and looped over or tied to the railing? I think I recall inferring or understanding from that that the buckle was engaged and fastened around the necks, like a belt is fastened and worn around the waist. If so, a robe belt wouldn’t have a buckle? Going from memory after reading so many posts and news articles. I’m sure someone can confirm or clarify. Tks

If an intruder attacked Honey before Barry arrived, did he leave Honey lying in a pool of her own blood while he waited for Barry?
LE saw a pool of Honey's blood on the floor so the intruder didn't clean it up.

It doesn't sound like Barry fought back, but if Honey did, why wouldn't Barry?

How did the intruder manage to get Barry down the basement stairs and into the pool area without knocking him out first?

Barry’s Mustang car was towed from the garage by LE. If he drove the Mustang to work as set out in the FE show, he could have arrived home and parked right in the garage. The access to the house from the garage is on the lower level, near the pool entrance. So BS may never have been upstairs after he got home. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway