Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason LE didn't interview KW soon after the murders is because they ruled it a murder suicide case.
I really don't think they did, though. They ruled it as a suspicious death.

Sure the Shermans donated millions of dollars. But, take a look at what places the money was donated to. University programs related to pharmaceutical study or engineering and many Jewish organizations or Jewish related. Their money and their business, but there seemed to be reasoning for all donations politically and otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry but they built a community centre and donated $50M to UJA. Those aren't for political sway. That is helping their community. Many Jewish people of means donate to their community. There are no political advantage to those donations.

They may have been heading out for dinner.

He didn't get home until after 9pm. Not sure how likely it is for seniors to go out for dinner on a Wednesday night to dinner in the suburbs then. I would think if they wanted to go to dinner they would have done so after the architect meeting.

If you read the TPS update, the Shermans were strangled, THEN held upright by belts.

The belts didn't strangle them, reading between the lines, they were simply to hold them upright, tied to the railings.

Only the killer and the TPS know how they were strangled.

I have a bipolar cousin and he holds down a job just fine. He also takes his meds.
Of course folks with any mental illness can lead well adjusted lives with proper care. It can be a struggle for most to get there, though. Bipolar disorder specifically can be very challenging.

I can only hope that LE actually have a lead that isn't obvious to us. They really do keep their investigations tight lipped for a reason. Even in the Tess Richey case where an arrest was just made, apparently TPS had identified the suspect very early on, and just had to gather the necessary evidence to lay a charge. Lets hope they are onto something in the Sherman's case as well. They have a lot more to explore, but I'm sure they are getting there.

I am hoping they know a lot more than they are saying. I mean six weeks at a crime scene - they wouldn't be there if there was ZERO evidence. I know the house is big but not that big that it would take 6 weeks for no evidence. They were using metal detectors, checking the roof and sewers for a reason. They must have some ideas of who they are going after and trying to find evidence to help with an arrest.

Tarika, the Shermans also donated to the United Way which is NOT a Jewish organization.

If an intruder attacked Honey before Barry arrived, did he leave Honey lying in a pool of her own blood while he waited for Barry?
LE saw a pool of Honey's blood on the floor so the intruder didn't clean it up.

It doesn't sound like Barry fought back, but if Honey did, why wouldn't Barry?

How did the intruder manage to get Barry down the basement stairs and into the pool area without knocking him out first?
Everyone has a different threat/emergency response. Fight, flight, freeze.

Tarika, the Shermans also donated to the United Way which is NOT a Jewish organization.

Well, no, technically not, but they could have designated/directed their gift to go to a Jewish organization under the United Way umbrella of supported agencies. A JCC for example.

The realtor was able to let herself in with a key,but was it ever reported that the doors were locked.I have deadbolts on all outside doors that can only be locked upon leaving with a key.If the doors were locked when the police got there the killer(s) had to have a key.On further thought maybe the realtor did not need to use her key that day or did not notice or killer(s) exited through the side door.

Also, the leak said they had "jackets" on -- BS could have need wearing a business jacket and HS a dress jacket. Wearing jackets doesn't necessarily mean they were wearing winter coats. http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-mystery-shrouds-deaths-of-billionaire-couple

I believe we have been over the topic about the coats. In a later article it was reported they were wearing winter coats:

“The Shermans were wearing winter coats that were pushed back away from the shoulders and down......”

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.the...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

Well, no, technically not, but they could have designated/directed their gift to go to a Jewish organization under the United Way umbrella of supported agencies. A JCC for example.

They also donated to universities and hospitals. I am not sure what is being implied? We don't have a full list of all their charities and not sure we should be questioning how people choose to donate. Some people on an earlier thread criticized because BS didn't serve meals in a food bank. Others surmised that donations were done only for the tax breaks. I don't think it is proper to criticize where people feel their donations would be best served. Any donation to hospitals or universities benefits the entire community. They also donated to Baycrest who does a lot of much needed research on the effects of aging which also benefits everyone. I don't see the value of scrutinizing where donations go unless it leads to a potential suspect or motive.

Sure the Shermans donated millions of dollars. But, take a look at what places the money was donated to. University programs related to pharmaceutical study or engineering and many Jewish organizations or Jewish related. Their money and their business, but there seemed to be reasoning for all donations politically and otherwise. Correct me if I am wrong.

Forgive me, I'm not getting the point of distinguishing that the Shermans' donations went to causes they were interested in?

They also donated to universities and hospitals. I am not sure what is being implied? We don't have a full list of all their charities and not sure we should be questioning how people choose to donate. Some people on an earlier thread criticized because BS didn't serve meals in a food bank. Others surmised that donations were done only for the tax breaks. I don't think it is proper to criticize where people feel their donations would be best served. Any donation to hospitals or universities benefits the entire community. They also donated to Baycrest who does a lot of much needed research on the effects of aging which also benefits everyone. I don't see the value of scrutinizing where donations go unless it leads to a potential suspect or motive.

I totally agree with you AllyJane.

Let’s move on.

Oh I don't either. Just making an anecdotal comment about United Way donations. I don't see the relevance either, but all multiple thread cases go off on these tangents sooner or later! :)

Sorry if this has already been posted, Joe Warmington's article on KW's interview with police, which apparently lasted 4 hours:

"What homicide detectives asked Winter is unknown. When asked about Winter on Friday, Toronto Police spokesman Mark Pugash would only say, “We will not be commenting.”

What is known is that he left the building and at 1:38 a.m. texted: “No problem. No worry.” "

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/sherman-cousin-kerry-winter-speaks-with-toronto-police

I agree with BUF that KW is not the person nor did he hire someone to brutally torture,bind,strangle,pose hanging in a ritualistic manner HS and BS. But I have been wrong too many times to say never.

I agree with everyone's comments KW is demented and despicable and his spewing hurtful rants about BS & HS sadistic murders is intolerable. That being said whether or not KWs taunting is because he certifiably insane or he is a compulsive lier I just want his caustic cruel comments to cease. I will watch the trial. I know the Sherman children's strength and resolve will be tested waiting for their parents killers to be brought to justice.That day cannot come too soon!

:cow:

Re watching the trial. Are trials in Canada live-streamed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back