Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The earring was first noticed by a media cameraman and was collected I believe by one of the PI’s after LE had turned over the house. I asked this before- does anyone know if the PI’s are legally required to provide the earrings to LE, or share the results of any findings from an examination of the earrings with LE? Thanks!

According to this article the police are in possession of the earrings found.

torontosun.com/news/crime/warmington-barry-shermans-ex-b

“Toronto Police Det. Martin Woodhouse seizes two earrings at the end of the Sherman driveway on Jan. 27, 2018.”

I believe they would be legally obliged to turn over any evidence pertinent to a crime, or criminal investigation.

Now the TPS are aware the PI has the earinning they could get a warrant for it.

Maybe it was a good idea for the children to call in their own PI's.
The TPS has not been up to par on many levels, just recently 1 officer had to call for an ambulance while on duty because he was hallucinating from some drug he took (maybe taken from a recent bust of a marijuana store raid or something), police being accused of sex crimes while on and off duty.
Found this recent stat>> "The Toronto Police Service’s (TPS) homicide clearance rate was close to 95 per cent in the 1960s. That number dipped to 41 per cent in 2017, with 36 of the city’s 61 homicides unsolved."
https://nowtoronto.com/news/toronto-cold-cases-have-a-race-problem/

“Toronto Police Det. Martin Woodhouse seizes two earrings at the end of the Sherman driveway on Jan. 27, 2018.”
So Private Investigation Team turned the earring pieces over.
I wonder if there is parking allowed on that side of street. Could one of the many party patrons attending a Sherman party/ fund raiser / family dinner have parked there, and earring fell off? Maybe a cheap broken pair, tossed in a garbage bag at the curb??Caught on a coat, or scarf or wrap? If not a two part earring, then it could have broke and that's why it fell off.

Maybe it was a good idea for the children to call in their own PI's.
The TPS has not been up to par on many levels, just recently 1 officer had to call for an ambulance while on duty because he was hallucinating from some drug he took (maybe taken from a recent bust of a marijuana store raid or something), police being accused of sex crimes while on and off duty.
Found this recent stat>> "The Toronto Police Service’s (TPS) homicide clearance rate was close to 95 per cent in the 1960s. That number dipped to 41 per cent in 2017, with 36 of the city’s 61 homicides unsolved."
https://nowtoronto.com/news/toronto-cold-cases-have-a-race-problem/
Like other large corporations, there are bad apples to be found, and some disgruntled burned out employees.
Maybe with all the recent queries of their ineptness, the planned internal inquires will resolve some areas of concern. Or not. It's one thing to discover what you are doing wrong, and another on how to correct it.
Smoke and Mirrors doesn't cut it anymore with the current climate.
......as to the young gentlemen that smoked the weed, and tripped out......... Absolute fools. Hopefully they have no chance to retain their good paying job with excellent benefits, and aren't able to hide behind their police association.

So Private Investigation Team turned the earring pieces over.
I wonder if there is parking allowed on that side of street. Could one of the many party patrons attending a Sherman party/ fund raiser / family dinner have parked there, and earring fell off? Maybe a cheap broken pair, tossed in a garbage bag at the curb??Caught on a coat, or scarf or wrap? If not a two part earring, then it could have broke and that's why it fell off.

Normally when police have control of the crime scene, officers are monitoring the premises 24-7 inside and outside. My understanding is that police will compare it to earrings belonging to HS to see if it a match.

"But one thing police can do is match them up with any jewelry Honey Sherman may have worn, owned or that could have been missing.

McLean did an online search and found some similarities in earrings the generous fundraiser, Honey, wore. It may be nothing."

The caption of the picture is incorrect. Martin Woodhouse is a former member of LE. He is a member of the PI team hired by the Sherman family.

I read that article in the Globe and it stated that Mossad killed Barry and Honey.It said thatBarry was going to reveal some secrets about all the dirty goings on in the pharmaceutical business.Honey was collateral damage.It said they got careless and left fingerprints.As if...Anyway Barry was writing memoirs but did not finish them.I dont believe it but anything is possible

Who knows. I'm mad right now for paying a fortune for a generic prescription today. No wonder these people are so rich, let alone the big pharm and their stinkin brand names. It's greed and that is a cardinal sin.

TPS has stated they were a double targeted murder. So BOTH were killed on purpose.

Yes, LE says they were each targeted, although the motive or reason for each of their respective murders could be different. For example HS may have been targeted because the killers could accost her to get access to the house. Or perhaps the killers targeted her because they wanted to harm her or kill her in front of BS as a way of making him suffer even more. So she may have been targeted but not for the same reason BS was targeted.All moo.

Ahhh....thanks. It is like golfing and my ball ends up on the wrong fairway!!!
Haha....don’t feel bad....i can play the same hole back to back.... and then turn and say “gee this hole looks just like the last one”.......yes, i’m blonde......

I have to admit that I am obsessed with this case.I see no reason to kill Honey except for revenge or to send a message. Why kill both....

I can see one objective reason: She was there and was, therefore, a potential witness.

Subjectively, she could have been murdered due to being “guilty by association” in a situation where the attacker(s) project their hate not just on the actual target, but on his close associates as well- even if the associates had nothing to do with the reasons for the attack.

Likewise, the subjectively, the attackers could perceive that she had the same say, personality traits as the husband, and thus “deserving” of the same fate

I can see one objective reason: She was there and was, therefore, a potential witness.

Subjectively, she could have been murdered due to being “guilty by association” in a situation where the attacker(s) project their hate not just on the actual target, but on his close associates as well- even if the associates had nothing to do with the reasons for the attack.

Likewise, the subjectively, the attackers could perceive that she had the same say, personality traits as the husband, and thus “deserving” of the same fate

I agree with you. I think both narratives make sense depending on who is responsible for the murders. She could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time or it could have been more personal. She also may have been more aware of Sherman's enemies than others, maybe the killer didn't want her to talk to the police.

BS may have been the one with all the money, but HS seems to be the one to decide where and on whom that money is spent.
Maybe HS was the primary target.
imo, speculation.

BS may have been the one with all the money, but HS seems to be the one to decide where and on whom that money is spent.
Maybe HS was the primary target.
imo, speculation.

Nice to see you, dotr! :seeya:

Do you suppose the killer(s) knew that Honey and Barry would arrive home 3 hours apart?Did it make a difference in their plans?Were they prepared to hang around for 3 hours?Looks like the were,so they must have been quite confident noone would come around to interrupt.

The killer(s) may have arrived after Barry got home and both Barry and Honey were home together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste