Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desai resigned the same day that Toronto LE announced that they were conducting a double homicide investigation. Would BS have been a witness -- had his deposition taken -- in the Teva lawsuit? Wonder how much BS confided in anyone besides HS about the things that were going down at Apotex regarding Desai and Teva. Since Apotex is a defendant, BS would certainly have had discussions with Apotex's lawyers about anything he knew about the Teva situation. JMO.

The way I see it, although I am not fully up to date on the story, the house was pretty close to the others around it (I looked it up on google maps). Someone had to see something, someone, or both. My personal bet is on Barry's cousins hiring someone that was talented enough not to be seen, or at least did not draw attention to themselves which is sort of ironic since they are still in court over a lawsuit with Barry even after he is dead. I am sure someone in the neighborhood saw something and they just don't know it is important. I don't have any proof for this, it is just a thought.

As far as the found earring, LE knows if it is Honey’s because of DNA. I think there would be some even though outside?

As far as the found earring, LE knows if it is Honey’s because of DNA. I think there would be some even though outside?

The earring was first noticed by a media cameraman and was collected I believe by one of the PI’s after LE had turned over the house. I asked this before- does anyone know if the PI’s are legally required to provide the earrings to LE, or share the results of any findings from an examination of the earrings with LE? Thanks!

I have to admit that I am obsessed with this case.I see no reason to kill Honey except for revenge or to send a message.For this reason I feel it was an accidental MS.However I will eat crow if proven otherwise.Financially no one seems to gain anything by both of their deaths.There seems to be some thought that Apo may be destabilized with the death of its owners and vulnerable for takeover.Maybe the Iranians were mad at Barry for loaning money to someone they an embezzler but really why kill both.Same with Teva if they were involved.Why kill both.Revenge seems the motive and the cousin(s) are obvious suspects,but ....
Why kill HS : she was in the wrong place at the wrong time

:welcome6: tartanboy....

Thanks for joining us....

I appreciate "wrong place at the wrong time" but as far as we know she was in the comfort of home....

:thinking:

In my mind I can't make those TWO things (bolded) fit/mesh together....

The earring was first noticed by a media cameraman and was collected I believe by one of the PI’s after LE had turned over the house. I asked this before- does anyone know if the PI’s are legally required to provide the earrings to LE, or share the results of any findings from an examination of the earrings with LE? Thanks!

I don't know about Canada, but "tampering with evidence" is prohibited in most, if not all, U.S. states -- basically if you believe that an item is about to be produced or used in a upcoming legal proceeding, you can't intentionally suppress or alter it.

has this been asked/answered/discussed already, likely it has...and if that is the case i apologize....

:thinking:

Just curious, was bs scheduled/expected to attend, participate, present or otherwise at the 36th annual j.p. Morgan healthcare conference held january 8 - 11, 2018 in san fran....

https://www.jpmorgan.com/global/healthcareconference#section_1320564152896

according to this he was to be in florida with honey till
jan 12.

Snip

"looking forward to getting together in florida. I am coming south monday, december 18 - friday, january 12," mrs. Sherman wrote in the email. "barry is coming south for monday december 25 & going home with me jan. 12.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...apotex-founder-barry-sherman/article37348222/

No need to be there physically to attend/participate/present...fwiw - Under the heading How:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...va-Present-36th-Annual-J.P.-Morgan-Healthcare

what was the point of your ?

....fwiw.

Snipped from link above...
january 04, 2018 11:12 am eastern standard time
jerusalem--(business wire)--teva pharmaceutical industries ltd. (nyse: Teva) will host a live audio webcast at the 36th annual j.p. Morgan healthcare conference. Kåre schultz, president & ceo will present on monday, january 8, 2018 at 9:30 am pst.

....fwiw.

Snipped from link above...

This case reminds me of the murder of the Fagan couple (1978) and the Airst family (1979).

Both included the mysterious killings of prominent, well-to-do Jewish families in their own homes. Neither of the above cases were ever solved.

I'm not saying that there is any relation between any or all of them, but the similarities of some of the more general details of each crime are similar.

I believe they would be legally obliged to turn over any evidence pertinent to a crime, or criminal investigation.

Now the TPS are aware the PI has the earinning they could get a warrant for it.

This case reminds me of the murder of the Fagan couple (1978) and the Airst family (1979).

Both included the mysterious killings of prominent, well-to-do Jewish families in their own homes. Neither of the above cases were ever solved.

I'm not saying that there is any relation between any or all of them, but the similarities of some of the more general details of each crime are similar.
Those murders are referenced in this article about the Shermans.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/high-profile-cases-1.4470585
Lauren Pelley · CBC News · Posted: Jan 03, 2018
While that setting calls to mind the shocking deaths of billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman at their North York mansion in December — a case police are calling a "suspicious death investigation" — it's also the circumstances of a cold case from 1978.
One morning in March that year, police responded to a 911 call at a home on Dewbourne Avenue near Flanders Road in the city's posh Forest Hill neighbourhood. Inside the house, investigators made a gruesome discovery: The bodies of 64-year-old Harold Fagan and his wife, 63-year-old Florence Fagan, both with gunshot wounds.

As The Ottawa Journal reported soon after, police treated the deaths of the successful Toronto businessman and his wife as a double murder.

Much like the mysterious Sherman case, the Fagan murders gripped the city — but four decades later, the high-profile case still hasn't been solved.
A year after the Fagan murders, another prominent Toronto family was struck by tragedy. Just minutes away from the Fagan home, three members of the Airst family — Isaac and Celia Airst, and their son, Avrom — were found bludgeoned to death inside their home in the Glencairn Avenue and Englemount Avenue area.

To this day, that high-profile case also remains unsolved

The last sentence of my latest post should read; "...but the general details of each crime are similar".

I couldn't get the edit function to work.

Dotr, the story about the murder of philanthropist Glen Davis was linked in the articles you posted above. Davis's godson organized the murder.

The statement of facts submitted to the court to support the guilty plea said Ross was having financial problems when the murder plot was hatched. He thought Davis's death would bring him an influx of money because he was a well-liked relative of the multimillionaire.

Davis's company had given Ross's housing renovation firm a $2-million loan that Ross was having difficulty repaying.

There was also evidence that Ross was displeased with the fact that Davis was giving away large sums of money to outside groups.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/godson-pleads-guilty-in-philanthropist-s-murder-1.1060334

Thank you for bringing those murders back into the spotlight. Cold cases need whatever mention they can get, in the hope that someone remembers something significant.

Do they have threads on WS? That might help too.

I read that article in the Globe and it stated that Mossad killed Barry and Honey.It said thatBarry was going to reveal some secrets about all the dirty goings on in the pharmaceutical business.Honey was collateral damage.It said they got careless and left fingerprints.As if...Anyway Barry was writing memoirs but did not finish them.I dont believe it but anything is possible

Thank you for bringing those murders back into the spotlight. Cold cases need whatever mention they can get, in the hope that someone remembers something significant.

Do they have threads on WS? That might help too.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Toronto-6-March-1978&p=13924778#post13924778
Florence, 63 & Harold 64,Fagan, Toronto, 6 March 1978
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?365395-Celia-Isaac-amp-Avrom-Airst-Toronto-30-September-1979&p=13924790#post13924790
[h=2]Celia, Isaac & Avrom Airst, Toronto, 30 September 1979[/h] https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?63274-Canada-Toronto-Crimes-Discussion
Canada - Toronto Crimes Discussion

I believe they would be legally obliged to turn over any evidence pertinent to a crime, or criminal investigation.
Earring not found in crime scene so no legal responsibility.
Speaking of that earring.... how “strange is that?”:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member