Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most wealthy people have the estate set up as a trust. I would think BS & HS would have set up a trust.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/taxes/the-top-10-reasons-to-set-up-a-trust/article16832572/

I’m sure they had trusts, but we already know they held real estate in their personal names. Their estate is no doubt complex, and they may have testamentary trusts. Very few wills, even amongst the wealthy, put the entire estate into a testamentary trust. What is your source for your assertion that most wealthy people do so? That’s not suggested in the article.

I’m sure they had trusts, but we already know they held real estate in their personal names. Their estate is no doubt complex, and they may have testamentary trusts. Very few wills, even amongst the wealthy, put the entire estate into a testamentary trust. What is your source for your assertion that most wealthy people do so? That’s not suggested in the article.

I am not that knowledgeable about trusts, but the few wealthy people I know have trusts to manage all their assets. The trusts that I am aware of were created because they wanted to ensure that the money/assets are protected from creditors, martial breakdown, present and future spouses etc.

The beneficiaries to the trust are unable to change or modify the terms. The trustee controls everything and will follow instructions given in the trust as to how all the assets are managed.

It is my understanding that personal property can also be included in a trust. I will ask one of my close friends who have a trust and how it relates to their residential property.

Perhaps someone is more knowledgeable than I am.

I am not that knowledgeable about trusts, but the few wealthy people I know have trusts to manage all their assets. The trusts that I am aware of were created because they wanted to ensure that the money/assets are protected from creditors, martial breakdown, present and future spouses etc.

The beneficiaries to the trust are unable to change or modify the terms. The trustee controls everything and will follow instructions given in the trust as to how all the assets are managed.

It is my understanding that personal property can also be included in a trust. I will ask one of my close friends who have a trust and how it relates to their residential property.

Perhaps someone is more knowledgeable than I am.
Before you were saying that people rolled their entire estate into a trust. I’m curious as to what led you to conclude that.

Before you were saying that people rolled their entire estate into a trust. I’m curious as to what led you to conclude that.

I have been appointed a trustee for friends & that is my understanding from them. I understand I would work closely with the solicitors who set up the trust for them. Trust rules and terms and conditions may vary by province in Canada.

As I previously stated, I have limited knowledge about the complexities and ins and out of trusts. I suspect I will need lots of help if the occasion arises that I do need to administer the trust.

All this talk about trusts etc only reinforces tha fact that the family had absolutely nothing financial to gain by the deaths of BS and HS.

All this talk about trusts etc only reinforces tha fact that the family had absolutely nothing financial to gain by the deaths of BS and HS.

Without by means trying to imply that family could have been responsible, we do not know that. We do not know whether the estates or some portion were left in trust or, if they were, what the terms may have been. The heirs could have gained more flexibility with respect to the assets, potentially leading to financial gain or at least the hope of gain. I think speculation about the Sherman estates is pointless. (I don't doubt the criminal investigation includes an examination of who might benefit from the deaths.)

https://forward.com/news/391722/who...o/?attribution=tag-article-listing-7-headline
Welcome to the Forward’s series on unsolved Jewish murders. The cases run across continents and class divides, and have rocked Jewish communities around the world. Click here to access the rest of the series.

On January 10, 2013, Pichosky was supposed to meet a neighbor for lunch. He never showed up. When the neighbor used a spare key to enter the apartment, he found the bodies of Pichosky and Wise. They had been tied up and asphyxiated — and had been dead for at least a day.

A year after the murders, Hallandale police announced a major breakthrough: DNA evidence recovered at the scene proved that two women had been involved in the killings.

https://forward.com/news/391722/who...o/?attribution=tag-article-listing-7-headline
Welcome to the Forward’s series on unsolved Jewish murders. The cases run across continents and class divides, and have rocked Jewish communities around the world. Click here to access the rest of the series.

On January 10, 2013, Pichosky was supposed to meet a neighbor for lunch. He never showed up. When the neighbor used a spare key to enter the apartment, he found the bodies of Pichosky and Wise. They had been tied up and asphyxiated — and had been dead for at least a day.

A year after the murders, Hallandale police announced a major breakthrough: DNA evidence recovered at the scene proved that two women had been involved in the killings.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/04/14/hallandale-beach-police-update-murder-canadian-couple/
This is the latest I could find in MSM on this case. I do not believe it is related to the Sherman's.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?195759-FL-David-Donny-Pichosky-71-amp-Rochelle-Wise-66-Hallandale-Beach-10-Jan-2013&highlight=Pichosky+Wise
[h=2]FL - David 'Donny' Pichosky, 71, & Rochelle Wise, 66, Hallandale Beach, 10 Jan 2013[/h]

That case has its own thread on WS. Just needs linking...

O/topic, but perhaps somewhat pertinent.
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/02/26/sickkids-lockdown-overnight/
[h=1]Lockdown at SickKids ends after 'threat to public safety'[/h]
Police were called to the hospital at Gerrard Street West and University Avenue around 10:15 p.m. on Sunday. Officers carrying rifles scoured the area and gates at the hospital’s emergency room entrance were brought down.

Around the same time, the Alberta Children’s hospital in Calgary and a children’s hospital in Edmonton also went into lockdown.
All three areas have since been cleared by police

Simon Giannini, a well known Toronto realtor, was shot and killed in a crowded Toronto restaurant 5 months ago while having dinner. TPS has the killing on video, as well as the killer on video, and the escape vehicle on video. They have many firsthand witnesses, as well as forensic evidence. The killer even spoke to several people in the restaurant, and his face was in plain view, although he was wearing a hoodie. But to this day the TPS have made no arrests. In light of all the evidence in that case and no arrest having been made, I certainly wonder if the Toronto Police might never solve the Sherman case. Imo.

Simon Giannini, a well known Toronto realtor, was shot and killed in a crowded Toronto restaurant 5 months ago while having dinner. TPS has the killing on video, as well as the killer on video, and the escape vehicle on video. They have many firsthand witnesses, as well as forensic evidence. The killer even spoke to several people in the restaurant, and his face was in plain view, although he was wearing a hoodie. But to this day the TPS have made no arrests. In light of all the evidence in that case and no arrest having been made, I certainly wonder if the Toronto Police might never solve the Sherman case. Imo.

Gee that doesn’t inspire one with much confidence in the police.

This article has not yet been posted iirc.rbbm.
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/28/business/private-sector-the-good-the-bad-and-the-generic.html
Private Sector; The Good, the Bad and the Generic

By BERNARD SIMONOCT. 28, 2001
JOHN LE CARRÉ'S research for ''The Constant Gardener,'' his best-selling novel based on skulduggery in the global pharmaceutical trade
Relations are no more cordial among the generic companies themselves. Apotex was awarded damages of more than $2.3 million in 1995 after charging that its main competitor, Novopharm, had improperly acquired Apotex's research into a new anti-cholesterol drug.

Little love is now lost between Mr. Sherman and Leslie Dan, Novopharm's chief executive. ''It's one thing to be successful, it's another to be a decent human being,'' Mr. Dan said in a telephone interview, referring to what he viewed as Mr. Sherman's unacceptable business behavior.
Now, after the Cipro order, Mr. Sherman has received death threats, Mr. Betito said. The intense publicity had made everyone in the company ''very nervous,'' he added.
rbbm.

Stretching this a bit, but regarding real estate and murder, i had wondered if there was a link between the Toronto murder of SGiannini and the double murder in Belize, of a Toronto real estate woman Francesca Matus, and her American boyfriend.
Simon G and Francesca M were" fb friends" not likely linked, just noting.
Wonder if BS did business in Belize?
Complete and utter speculation, fwiw. imo.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?336820-Belize-Francesca-Matus-52-amp-Drew-De-Voursney-36-Corozal-25-April-2017&p=13641390#post13641390
Ms Matus was referred to in this article concerning the recent murder of a popular real estate broker.
Sept. 20 2017
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2.../22753694.html
TORONTO - The real estate impresario brazenly assassinated in a downtown steak house appears whistling clean, according to cops.

And so far detectives appear stymied as to a motive why successful, well-liked father-of-two Simon Giannini’s shining life should end in such a sordid manner.

The 54-year-old was shot to death in what investigators are calling a professional hit at the Michael’s on Simcoe steak house last Saturday night in front of shocked diners in Toronto’s Entertainment District.

Ironically, Giannini was Facebook friends with Francesca Matus, the 52-year-old Keswick woman who was strangled to death with her American boyfriend in a Belize sugar cane field last April.

Matus’ murder remains unsolved.
rbbm.

My take on the Sherman murders is that it's a professional hit. I base my opinion on the burgeoning medical marijuana industry and Apotex aggressive manner in which they took pharma giants like Pzifer to court to overturn patent protection that many industries jealously guard . I believe the saga of the disgruntled cousins is just white noise. I most definitely don't see it as a murder/suicide. I can't imagine Barry Sherman, a 75 year old man who was not in the best of health killing his wife in the manner described and then doing the same to himself. The suggestion could have been a delaying tactic used by LE to lull the perps not to flee.

As for Giannini, he was a very successful real estate broker doing multi million dollar deals for nightclubs and concert venues with entertainment giant Ink Entertainment (owned by his uncle Charles Khabouth). I am intrigued by the fact that Giannini thought the confrontation was a joke which makes me wonder if at some point in time someone in the entertainment business may have made threats to him or his uncle. Perhaps the hit was a case of mistaken identity.

Cannot recall if this was already posted or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljBX7Rui0u4
Published on Feb 23, 2018 Highlights from a phone interview by Postmedia’s Joe Warmington with cousin of Barry Sherman - Kerry Winter. Winter knows he is suspect in the death of Barry and Honey Sherman, but he insists he has nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay