Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KW's polygraph starts at the 25:27 mm in the Fifth Estate Show.
John Gailianos teased KW. He told him the blood pressure cuff goes around his neck!! Good grief. That’s how his cousin Barry died.
Polygraph took a total of 3 hours. Results instant – KW failed. Told he was hiding something.
LE told Kerry he’s not a suspect and there is no evidence that he is
I don't think anyone said anything about KW being the culprit? We are discussing that he failed the LDT. In the same FE episode, after confirmation that he failed, he admits to having embellished the story, that he may not have told the truth.

I watched the Fifth Estate again and took notes.

“He would project arrogance, with Barry it was no ******** pretty much all of the time.

The broadcaster said Barry had a lot on his mind when he left the office Wednesday evening.

“For somebody to go to their house and murder the both of them, it was personal.”

We know who entered the house when Honey was there.

Legal Analyst/Teacher: Consider the commitment and quite frankly the strength required to manually strangle somebody – even strangle with a ligature it’s a very up close, intimate, domineering, rage induced manner to kill someone.
Yes, all characteristics that support a double homicide.

Could you please explain “We know who entered the house when Honey was there.”

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same question.
I have heard nothing from either the FE episode, LE or MSM that they “know who entered the house when HS was there”.

All of the following is MOO.
Followers of this thread will recall earlier postings that revealed that BS had provided mortgage lending on a real estate development (One Bloor St) in Toronto. The developer of the project is Mr. Sam Mizrahi. Mr Mizrahi (an ex Iranian) is/was evidently being sued by two former associates of Iranian descent, Khashayar (Khash) Khavari and his brother-in-law, Mahmoud Tajbakhsh. These individuals claim that Mr. Mizrahi misappropriated funds from two previous mid-rise projects. Mr Mizrahi alleged that he was subjected to threats of violence and death by these former associates.

One of the associates had allegedly been involved in illegal activities in Iran- "...Mahmoud Khavari, had become one of Iran’s most wanted men, having left his position as the chairman of the country’s largest bank and fled to Canada amid a corruption scandal. Iranian authorities continue to pursue Mr. Khavari, who they allege helped embezzle $2.6-billion (U.S.) from the country. The regime appears willing to go to extraordinary lengths to bring him back, according to court documents and government sources…. Mr. Mizrahi, in his sworn statement, says the Khavari family and CSIS officials informed him in 2011 that the Iranian government was sending a “special force” to Toronto with the aim of spiriting the former banker back to Tehran..." (my emphasis added).

All the above info was extracted from https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ve-and-the-bitter-condo-feud/article30833853/

I reread the above article, and then went online and discovered that (my emphasis added):
“…hanging is the only common method of execution in 21st-century Iran…Compared to other countries that use hanging (such as Japan or Malaysia) with a complex gallows designed to drop the condemned and break the neck, Iran's gallows are very simple and inexpensive. They consist only of a frame and a stool, with some stools able to hold up to seven people at a time and having wheels. Public executions are usually carried out by a mobile crane. Sometimes the victim is suspended from the crane, but more often the crane is used as a gallows and the person is pulled off of a stool (see Upright jerker).[SUP][45][/SUP] Iranian nooses are thick, with 7–10 knotted coils, and are often made of blue plastic rope with little to no drop. Death is caused by strangulation and carotid reflex (where blood vessels to the head are cut off), taking 10–20 minutes…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Iran

and (my emphasis added)

“…execution by hanging is the most common method of capital punishment. Iran – where 369 people were reported executed in 2013 – leads the world in hangings…”
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/4/30/execution-methods.html

I also came across numerous pictures of supposed executions in Iran, many of which had methods of suspension and death very similar to that reported for the Shermans (low height, semi seated position, etc.). One such example (red t shirt picture) is here and is almost exactly the same positioning as what has been reported for the Shermans: Warning- graphic pictures and material

https://www.en-hrana.org/photo-report-public-execution-ghaem-shar-iran

I am wondering if there could be a connection between the Sherman’s murders, and BS’ real estate lending activities?

NB- No offence meant or intended to any person of Iranian origin or extraction.

All the above IMO

I have the same question.
I have heard nothing from either the FE episode, LE or MSM that they “know who entered the house when HS was there”.
I think the poster is implying that we know BS entered the house, so BS killed HS. Which I don't agree with, for the record.

Followers of this thread will recall earlier postings that revealed that BS had provided mortgage lending on a real estate development (One Bloor St) in Toronto. The developer of the project is Mr. Sam Mizrahi. Mr Mizrahi (an ex Iranian) is/was evidently being sued by two former associates of Iranian descent, Khashayar (Khash) Khavari and his brother-in-law, Mahmoud Tajbakhsh. These individuals claim that Mr. Mizrahi misappropriated funds from two previous mid-rise projects. Mr Mizrahi alleged that he was subjected to threats of violence and death by these former associates.

One of the associates had allegedly been involved in illegal activities in Iran- "...Mahmoud Khavari, had become one of Iran’s most wanted men, having left his position as the chairman of the country’s largest bank and fled to Canada amid a corruption scandal. Iranian authorities continue to pursue Mr. Khavari, who they allege helped embezzle $2.6-billion (U.S.) from the country. The regime appears willing to go to extraordinary lengths to bring him back, according to court documents and government sources…. Mr. Mizrahi, in his sworn statement, says the Khavari family and CSIS officials informed him in 2011 that the Iranian government was sending a “special force” to Toronto with the aim of spiriting the former banker back to Tehran..." (my emphasis added).

All the above info was extracted from https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ve-and-the-bitter-condo-feud/article30833853/

I reread the above article, and then went online and discovered that (my emphasis added):
“…hanging is the only common method of execution in 21st-century Iran…Compared to other countries that use hanging (such as Japan or Malaysia) with a complex gallows designed to drop the condemned and break the neck, Iran's gallows are very simple and inexpensive. They consist only of a frame and a stool, with some stools able to hold up to seven people at a time and having wheels. Public executions are usually carried out by a mobile crane. Sometimes the victim is suspended from the crane, but more often the crane is used as a gallows and the person is pulled off of a stool (see Upright jerker).[SUP][45][/SUP] Iranian nooses are thick, with 7–10 knotted coils, and are often made of blue plastic rope with little to no drop. Death is caused by strangulation and carotid reflex (where blood vessels to the head are cut off), taking 10–20 minutes…

and (my emphasis added)

“…execution by hanging is the most common method of capital punishment. Iran – where 369 people were reported executed in 2013 – leads the world in hangings…”

I also came across numerous pictures of supposed executions in Iran, many of which had methods of suspension and death very similar to that reported for the Shermans (low height, semi seated position, etc.). One such example (red t shirt picture) is here and is almost exactly the same positioning as what has been reported for the Shermans: Warning- graphic pictures and material

I am wondering if there could be a connection between the Sherman’s murders, and BS’ real estate lending activities?

All the above IMO
I've also had strong suspicions that their murders may be connected to this real estate deal and these people who were involved.

and (my emphasis added)

All the above IMO

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...ve-and-the-bitter-condo-feud/article30833853/

Iranian connection quite possible. Events triggered by legal action between BS's partner Mr. Mizhari and Mr. Khavari.
The murders have many hallmarks of a contracted 'hit' by foreign professionals with a message for someone.

I think, Mr. Mizhari might be inclined to settle his financial differences with Mr. Khavari quickly .

IMO

and (my emphasis added)

All the above IMO

BINGO! I was thinking this execution was probably done by foreigners. JMO

A debt secured by way of a registered mortgage is so mechanical that killing the principal of the lender seems nearly pointless.

JG also told KW as the wire was placed on him, to put his arms up like he was going to jump into a pool. He seemed to put emphasis on the word pool.
imo.

Hmmm wonder why all those little references to the case before giving the polygraph? Is that even legal to psych the person up like that? JMO

Hmmm wonder why all those little references to the case before giving the polygraph? Is that even legal to psych the person up like that? JMO

What law would possibly be broken in this instance?

A debt secured by way of a registered mortgage is so mechanical that killing the principal of the lender seems nearly pointless.

I'm not exactly clear what you are saying, but IMO killing the principal of the lender (BS) could be either revenge for providing financial support to the borrower; or punishment for being in business with a party that others potentially want dead. Or a message to the borrower/developer.

People kill others for much less and when there's lots of $ to be lost or to be made then that could be a motive. Maybe these deaths were a "message"? "The One" condo project is costing over a billion dollars to put it up. The units will be very expensive to buy.
https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/the-one2

What law would possibly be broken in this instance?

Maybe no law broken but can't use the results because the conversation with KW was leading putting the "pool" or whatever else into his thoughts before the polygraph began?

Maybe in Canada but to some businesses in other countries this is not the case. i.e Iran

Maybe no law broken but can't use the results because the conversation with KW was leading putting the "pool" or whatever else into his thoughts before the polygraph began?

Who can’t use the results? CBC?

Maybe in Canada but to some businesses in other countries this is not the case. i.e Iran

Explain specifically what commercial advantages are gained by killing someone who owns 1/2 interest in a registered secondary lender?

Please provide some examples where commercial lenders are regularly murdered to facilitate real estate development in Iran.

Could you please explain “We know who entered the house when Honey was there.”

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the Fifth Estate program, they show Barry getting out of his car when he arrived home.
Honey was in their house when Barry entered.

Explain specifically what commercial advantages are gained by killing someone who owns 1/2 interest in a registered secondary lender?

Please provide some examples where commercial lenders are regularly murdered to facilitate real estate development in Iran.

There doesn't need to be a commercial advantage to the killer(s)- at least not from the killing of BS. Even so, I can think of some possibilities- for example what if BS had agreed that he would advance/invest additional funds in return for equity in the project and the associates of the developer didn't want the developer to give up (what they deem to be their) equity. There are any number of possible scenarios.

The murders could have nothing to do with direct commercial advantage resulting from the murder of BS- why do you assume that? Maybe it was to send a message to someone (the developer?). Other potential lenders?

I have no idea if commercial lenders are regularly murdered in Iran. and if so, for what reason(s).

In the Fifth Estate program, they show Barry getting out of his car when he arrived home.
Honey was in their house when Barry entered.

Yes, typically if someone is murdered at a location, it means that they arrived at that location some time previously. What it does not suggest, is that they are instead the perpetrator. Sorry if this sounds snide, but I remain confused by your fixation on the fact that Barry was there. Of course he was there. That's where he lived, and where he was killed. There's a very good chance Honey was already dead by the time he arrived home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay