Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I don’t know exactly how the bodies were positioned at the crime scene, I don't know whether BS could have committed this crime. Only LE know the answer to this question.

I believe this is a domestic violence case that ended in a murder suicide.

I believe an argument broke out between BS and HS after Barry arrived home and BS physically assaulted Honey. If Barry hated Honey and they weren’t getting along, the only place they were free to argue and express themselves fully was in their own house when no one else was around.

Did Honey and Barry argue during their meeting with the Architect and when Barry arrived home, Barry lost control of himself because no one could stop him and he attacked Honey?

If Barry did physically assault Honey that night, how will he react? What are his option?

That Honey, a woman, was physically beaten but not Barry when they were alone in their house, is what generally happens in a domestic violence case. When a couple argues, they are face to face, and the man doesn’t have a weapon in their hand so they use their fists, which is exactly what happened here.

A lot of people knew this couple weren’t getting along for a very long time, so to suspect this is a domestic violence case that resulted in murder is a reasonable assumption.

With all due respect, and of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but I completely disagree. Most of what you are basing your opinion on is pure baseless speculation. I am gathering that it is based on unfounded rumours you have read here in these threads or elsewhere. IMHO, and please correct me if I am wrong by providing MSM links, aside from KW’s disjointed rants.

As quoted and linked multiple times throughout these threads, the TPS have officially stated that they are investigating a double homicide. They obviously have the evidence to back that up:

“Toronto police are now certain of the what and the how: Barry and Honey Sherman were indeed murdered, strangled to death in a “targeted” attack. Who wanted them gone—and why—is the mystery that remains.”

http://www.macleans.ca/news/barry-a...slowing-the-cops-down-at-apotex-headquarters/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There has been no evidence that they didnt get along. Not one person (other than KW with a 20 year old alleged conversation which was shown as false on the lie detector) has said that the marriage was in bad shape. Actually a lot of their friends have come forward to state otherwise.

Please show a link that shows that a lot of people knew this couple weren't getting along for a long time. I have yet to see anything.

“Yin and Yang: Barry and Honey Sherman were polar opposites who devoted themselves to philanthropy”.

Yin and yang' is how family described Honey and Barry Sherman. They complemented each other, yet had clashing personalities.

Friends close to the couple describe signs of discord in the Sherman's marriage.

At the Sherman’s memorial service, Jonathon told his sister, "Lauren, you deserve amazing credit for paving the way for me and the girls," in remarks that hinted that Barry and Honey weren't always on the same wavelength. "I know it was hard to be an only child when yin and yang were maybe not so balanced, but your free spirit and ability to love life is perhaps your greatest tribute to mom and dad."

“Two people with outsized personalities who were polar opposites”

Look at the way Barry treated a widow and her young children. “In court papers, the cousins alleged that Barry provided them with loans that were secured against their family homes, charged them "substantial interest," then sued them for recovery, "vigorously [prosecuting] those legal proceedings to the point of attempting to dispossess Julia Winter [a widow] and her young children from their family home."
Barry was equally hard-nosed with rivals in the pharmaceutical industry.

Plus when Barry and Honey started dating, her sister said all the rules their mother set down, went out of the window.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-honey-sherman-apotex-deaths/article37424109/

In my opinion, I suspect domestic violence is at the heart of this crime. In Court case, BS was known to be unyielding and combative so it's possible that he treated his wife the same way if she disagreed with him..

“Yin and Yang: Barry and Honey Sherman were polar opposites who devoted themselves to philanthropy”.

Yin and yang' is how family described Honey and Barry Sherman. They complemented each other, yet had clashing personalities.

Friends close to the couple describe signs of discord in the Sherman's marriage.

At the Sherman’s memorial service, Jonathon told his sister, "Lauren, you deserve amazing credit for paving the way for me and the girls," in remarks that hinted that Barry and Honey weren't always on the same wavelength. "I know it was hard to be an only child when yin and yang were maybe not so balanced, but your free spirit and ability to love life is perhaps your greatest tribute to mom and dad."

Look at the way Barry treated a widow and her young children. “In court papers, the cousins alleged that Barry provided them with loans that were secured against their family homes, charged them "substantial interest," then sued them for recovery, "vigorously [prosecuting] those legal proceedings to the point of attempting to dispossess Julia Winter [a widow] and her young children from their family home."

Plus when Barry and Honey started dating, her sister said all the rules their mother set down, went out of the window.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...-honey-sherman-apotex-deaths/article37424109/

In my opinion, I suspect domestic violence is at the heart of this crime. In Court case, BS was known to be unyielding and combative so it's possible that he treated his wife the same way if she disagreed with him..

Wow you are making assumptions that are not based on fact of their marriage. So many people marry their opposites (I know I did) and it works great. My parents were the same and their marriage lasted over 50 years.The partner has the skilsl that you lack. There has been ZERO evidence of any domestic discord between HS and BS.

How BS treated the widow? I am not sure how the loans proves he and HS had a bad marriage. As for what her sister said about their mother's rules, that is on HS not BS. Not sure how many young women do exactly what their mom tells them to do. HS was the stronger personality. BS was more reserved and less social.

I am not sure how you can put together these unrelated snippets and say that BS killed HS due to marital discord (which there has been no evidence of) but you are denying what the LE has stated that this was a targetted killing. LE has already stated this based on their evidence not on speculation.

With all due respect, and of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but I completely disagree. Most of what you are basing your opinion on is pure baseless speculation. I am gathering that it is based on unfounded rumours you have read here in these threads or elsewhere. IMHO, and please correct me if I am wrong by providing MSM links, aside from KW’s disjointed rants.

As quoted and linked multiple times throughout these threads, the TPS have officially stated that they are investigating a double homicide. They obviously have the evidence to back that up:

“Toronto police are now certain of the what and the how: Barry and Honey Sherman were indeed murdered, strangled to death in a “targeted” attack. Who wanted them gone—and why—is the mystery that remains.”

http://www.macleans.ca/news/barry-a...slowing-the-cops-down-at-apotex-headquarters/

What? My opinion is not based on unfounded rumors that I have read here or anywhere else but on the information provided in media reports.
I have provided links in all my posts and explained myself very well.

Of course LE are Investigating a double homicide, two people died lol.. This is an ongoing investigation which means it's still active and unfinished.

What? My opinion is not based on unfounded rumors that I have read here or anywhere else but on the information provided in media reports.

Of course LE are Investigating a double homicide, two people died lol.. This is an ongoing investigation which means it's still active and unfinished.

I appreciate your posts Crosby and agree with you.

Discord also does not equate domestic violence. Folks can often be in disagreement or not always harmonious, it doesn't mean anything. In the exact same article, they are described as "yin and yang", opposites that greatly complimented each other. All other evidence, facts, and information speaks for itself. Double homicide.

In the MSM article that you posted above, there is not a single shred of evidence of domestic violence.

I tested the belt method on my bannister.Looped belt through buckle.Tied end to railing.Put loop around neck.Pulled sweater down to elbows and leaned forward.The belt tightened and if I leaned forward hard enough and long enough I am sure it would have choked me.

Yikes don't be doing that, scary. Not worth putting your life at risk for a case here on websleuths :eek:

Because I don’t know exactly how the bodies were positioned at the crime scene, I don't know whether BS could have committed this crime. Only LE know the answer to this question.

I believe an argument broke out between BS and HS after Barry arrived home and BS physically assaulted Honey. If Barry hated Honey and they weren’t getting along, the only place they were free to argue and express themselves fully was in their own house when no one else was around.

Did Honey and Barry argue during their meeting with the Architect and when Barry arrived home, Barry lost control of himself because no one could stop him and he attacked Honey?

If Barry did physically assault Honey that night, how will he react? What are his option?

That Honey, a woman, was physically beaten but not Barry when they were alone in their house, is what generally happens in a domestic violence case. When a couple argues, they are face to face, and the man doesn’t have a weapon in their hand so they use their fists, which is exactly what happened here.

A lot of people knew this couple weren’t getting along for a very long time, so to suspect this is a domestic violence case that resulted in murder is a reasonable assumption.

Double murder is fact according to Toronto Police: "Both Honey and Barry Sherman were in fact targeted"

Sure wish there was an update on THIS case. Guess we're now waiting on the private investigators to finish and compare notes with TPS.

At least they BOTH agree on double murder.

Sure wish there was an update on THIS case. Guess we're now waiting on the private investigators to finish and compare notes with TPS.

At least they BOTH agree on double murder.

I am very eager for an update. But with all the terabytes of video and 150 bulk items of evidence (esp with the McArthur serial case going on at the same time), I am afraid it may be a while for solid news from LE.

It seems to me that KW has accomplished his destructive mission to further hurt BS and HS by character assassination and he did so in the most cowardly and disrespectful way after they were already dead and could no longer dispute his claims! KW says that BS hated HS, that BS wanted her murdered – must be true, right? Wrong! Consider the source of these claims (KW) and compare that source to the targets of these horrible accounts (BS/HS). BS and HS in my books were honourable and lived honourable lives whereas KW and DW (not sure of the other cousins) have not demonstrated the same, IMO.

How anyone could give any credence to what KW or the cousins claim now or in the past via legal documents is incredulous to me. I perceive the years of lawsuits by the cousins to be selfish attempts to extort money from BS and to make his and HS's lives a living hell! I think that BS and HS were being shaken down legally and emotionally over an extended period by the cousins’ lawsuits and yet, to their credit, BS/HS refused to be intimidated by them. Good for the Shermans, IMO!

I believe that BS and HS had a long standing and successful marriage that they were equally committed to sustaining into their golden years. Now, not only will they not be able to live out their lives, realize their dreams and enjoy the fruits of their labours, they are being maligned publicly. What a shame! It seems to me only because they were rich and successful and had different personalities that some speculate these facts translate to mean that they were mean-spirited, difficult and unhappy at home. Could it be that they were in fact lovely people, people who gave their time, attention and money to family, friends and community? Could they in fact be the victims of a heinous crime and not deserving of their unfortunate fate? I believe they didn’t deserve to be killed and they don’t deserve to be accused of being involved in one killing the other and I say this based on the facts we know, as per TPS.

My gosh, how heartbreaking it is to see murder victims being so carelessly abused by some who have no idea about the real lives of these good people. Their reputations are being cruelly besmirched after death and that is simply wrong, IMO.

TPS please solve this case ASAP. The Shermans, although murder victims, apparently need vindication!

All MOO

Double murder is fact according to Toronto Police: "Both Honey and Barry Sherman were in fact targeted"

Yes both targeted and murdered.

A little speculation and all my opinion:

IMO the pool scene was staged and bodies posed to look like a murder/suicide. If the killers were hired by Pharma, the motive may be connected to upcoming court battles, OR, the desire to eliminate or merge with Apotex. Big Pharma may have a 'money' interest in taking Apotex public, (which would not have happened with BS at the helm). Perhaps the Sherman's will was such that if Honey was left with the business, it would be up to her to determine the future of Apotex (and keep the business as it was - private).

Speculating further on motive, would Apotex role in upcoming trials (i.e. stealing generic drug formulations) put BS life at risk (and Honey's if she was aware of the theft narrative)? Killers could have been hired to take them both out of the picture.

The killer(s) had some way of knowing Barry and Honey's schedules and knew when to strike. IMO Honey's murder happened quickly near whichever entrance she used (first hands tied and then strangled with a ligature). Putting up a fight may have caused her to fall on her face, especially if her hands were tied behind her back. Then, IMO, she was moved to the pool area. IMO, it happened much the same way with Mr. Sherman. I don't believe Honey was 'beaten" but rather injured trying to get away from the killer(s).

If not Pharma, it is possible that the cousin was involved but it's almost too obvious.The motive would be revenge in that case, and presumably leave the debt the cousin owed (with both Barry and Honey out of the picture), in doubt.

Still leaning towards a professional hit hired by local or international pharma. JMO.

Honey kept her jacket on for three hours?

Honey kept her jacket on for three hours?

We don't know when she arrived home. We've heard she left Apotex at 6 pm but we don't know if she went straight home. I believe this issue has been discussed before.

We don't know when she arrived home. We've heard she left Apotex at 6 pm but we don't know if she went straight home. I believe this issue has been discussed before.

If the Fifth Estate is factual, she went right home and wasn't seen since she left Apotex. So far no sightings have been made of her after leaving there but, again, we don't know if LE is holding back that info from the public.

Frustrating that one person could have so many enemies who would have liked him dead. Perhaps some of them combined forces for the killings.
I could see KW contacting anyone he thought may hate BS as much as he does.

I'm not buying the "not getting along" thought. I can't imagine getting so far into the new house plans if they weren't getting along. That process requires endless cooperation, deference, gentleness, and good will toward one another. After spending time with the architect, they be full of excitement and good hopes for the coming days.

Yes both targeted and murdered.

A little speculation and all my opinion:

IMO the pool scene was staged and bodies posed to look like a murder/suicide. If the killers were hired by Pharma, the motive may be connected to upcoming court battles, OR, the desire to eliminate or merge with Apotex. Big Pharma may have a 'money' interest in taking Apotex public, (which would not have happened with BS at the helm). Perhaps the Sherman's will was such that if Honey was left with the business, it would be up to her to determine the future of Apotex (and keep the business as it was - private).

Speculating further on motive, would Apotex role in upcoming trials (i.e. stealing generic drug formulations) put BS life at risk (and Honey's if she was aware of the theft narrative)? Killers could have been hired to take them both out of the picture.

The killer(s) had some way of knowing Barry and Honey's schedules and knew when to strike. IMO Honey's murder happened quickly near whichever entrance she used (first hands tied and then strangled with a ligature). Putting up a fight may have caused her to fall on her face, especially if her hands were tied behind her back. Then, IMO, she was moved to the pool area. IMO, it happened much the same way with Mr. Sherman. I don't believe Honey was 'beaten" but rather injured trying to get away from the killer(s).

If not Pharma, it is possible that the cousin was involved but it's almost too obvious.The motive would be revenge in that case, and presumably leave the debt the cousin owed (with both Barry and Honey out of the picture), in doubt.

Still leaning towards a professional hit hired by local or international pharma. JMO.

Big Pharma has no reason to kill the Shermans. Barry Sherman hasn't been "involved in day-to-day operations since he stepped down as chief executive officer five years ago."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/apotex-barry-sherman-succession-1.4462150

Frustrating that one person could have so many enemies who would have liked him dead. Perhaps some of them combined forces for the killings.
I could see KW contacting anyone he thought may hate BS as much as he does.

bbm

My first thought when reading this was to think how foolish it would have been for KW to suss out others with a vendetta against the Shermans. Such a move could easily backfire on KW and his chosen confidante could betray him and report any such conversation to LE, but then again, he seems to lack good judgment and has no filter so anything's possible, IMO.

If KW wanted to approach others to conspire with him to kill BS and HS, he would have had to have complete trust in them, IMO. KW comes across to me as paranoid and histrionic, so I wonder whom he could/would trust to be an accomplice with him to commit murder? KW seems to lack all insight into how he comes across to others so maybe he would be so bold to seek out accomplices. If so, unless he was successful on his first try in identifying and using someone in this way, it seems odd that no one else is talking about it (unless privately to LE).

It would be hard for me to believe anything KW says - but then again, perhaps his outrageous performance on FE was intended to make people think he wasn't involved because it's hard to imagine a killer offering himself up as a suspect and opening himself up to all manner of speculation, IMO. People may actually discount him as a suspect simply because he seems so obviously the one person who had a strong motive and also practically bragged about it to the public, IMO.

ALL MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member