Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AllyJane, are you positive it was her who found them? I ask because someone else here on this Websleuth's thread posted she learned from an acquaintance that it was a male agent who found them, and I read on another forum it was someone other (female) than the listed agent who found BS&HS, but this could be a rumour.

In that article you quoted it says JG replied by email, so I'm assuming that she didn't give that statement to the reporters right there, outside the house. JMO speculation

it was me that posted that It was confirmed to me by a friend who is a realtor in the area that a male real estate agent found the bodies, not the listing agent. Fwiw

it was me that posted that It was confirmed to me by a friend who is a realtor in the area that a male real estate agent found the bodies, not the listing agent. Fwiw

OK I had heard from someone who knows her that she found them. They had heard from another party who knows her so not directly from her.

OK I had heard from someone who knows her that she found them. They had heard from another party who knows her so not directly from her.

You are likely correct. It was initially reported that their realtor, JG, tried to contact HS and BS earlier that morning and when she could not make contact she went over to the house.

Is there indication in the article of any further questions? It seems to me that she - for some reason - avoided answering a simple market related question, then switched focus and made a statement about her friendship with the Shermans and the understandable emotional shock she was experiencing. MOO
I think given her shock and given the circumstances, she really didn't feel it was appropriate to be speaking to the Sherman's residential listing in any way. If I were in her shoes, I'd be thinking in my head "is this really important right now?" JMO.

I think given her shock and given the circumstances, she really didn't feel it was appropriate to be speaking to the Sherman's residential listing in any way. If I were in her shoes, I'd be thinking in my head "is this really important right now?" JMO.

My answer would be,' I am honoring the greiving Sherman children by being silent & allowing them the curtesy of answering your questions at a time of their choosing'.

:cow:

My answer would be,' I am honoring the greiving Sherman children by being silent & allowing them the curtesy of answering your questions at a time of their choosing'.

:cow:
I think what she did say was perfectly acceptable and understandable.

I think what she did say was perfectly acceptable and understandable.
Also, the real estate person who found the Shermans, may and possibly should, feel nervous about personal safety until the culprits are identified.
imo, speculation.

Do you suppose the killer(s) knew that Honey and Barry would arrive home 3 hours apart?Did it make a difference in their plans?Were they prepared to hang around for 3 hours?Looks like the were,so they must have been quite confident noone would come around to interrupt.

The killer(s) may have arrived after Barry got home and both Barry and Honey were home together.

Two excellent points.

Welcome to the board.

Would anyone else here think these are signs of a marriage in trouble?

HS recently recovered from cancer.
She switched to a fashionable, young hairstyle and changed her dark brown hair color to light blond.
She worked out with a personal trainer.
They put their family home of 27 years on the market before the construction for the new one even started.
The real estate agent, a long-time friend of the couple, declined to answer when asked about the unusual timing for the listing.
The new house was under HS’s name only, IIRC.

MOO

I can see it another way. If HS just recovered from cancer, she has gone through a life changing disease presuming she had radiation or chemo. Having recovered, she is ready to make a few changes to her life in thankfulness for her recovery.

She certainly does not look 70 years old. With what she’s been through, she just wants a new and better looking her. I can certainly understand this!

The thing I find odd is that they are building such a large house for their age. Of course it might be the neighborhood will appreciate greatly so it is a good investment for them. With BS being older, he may figure he will die first so the house is in her name only. It is safe from the many lawsuits against BS.

At their age, few couples divorce. They just continue to live together with each going their own way. Their house is large enough it would be easy to avoid each other. Divorcing means splitting up the assets and from what we have heard about BS, his personality, frugal ways, temper, etc., I cannot imagine him agreeing to divide the assets with his wife. I could see WWIII occurring at the Sherman’s! JMO.

No signs of a marriage in trouble. None. I believe the friends and family who knew them well.

This is nothing more than a brainstorming idea, but maybe JD was asked to step down around some #metoo like issues - it's taken down high profile men in all sorts of sectors. I don't even mean that he necessarily did anything sexually inappropriate to other workers himself - if he enabled someone to do so and didn't manage the situation properly, it's a big issue.

Just trying to think outside of our usual Pharma angles with JD.

I can see it another way. If HS just recovered from cancer, she has gone through a life changing disease presuming she had radiation or chemo. Having recovered, she is ready to make a few changes to her life in thankfulness for her recovery.

She certainly does not look 70 years old. With what she’s been through, she just wants a new and better looking her. I can certainly understand this!

The thing I find odd is that they are building such a large house for their age. Of course it might be the neighborhood will appreciate greatly so it is a good investment for them. With BS being older, he may figure he will die first so the house is in her name only. It is safe from the many lawsuits against BS.

At their age, few couples divorce. They just continue to live together with each going their own way. Their house is large enough it would be easy to avoid each other. Divorcing means splitting up the assets and from what we have heard about BS, his personality, frugal ways, temper, etc., I cannot imagine him agreeing to divide the assets with his wife. I could see WWIII occurring at the Sherman’s! JMO.
I think that's an interesting point, re. her recovery. I can see that also playing into the build of their new home. Seize the moment, seize life, and just go for it. The new build was large, but was also being designed to have all the accommodations necessary for them to age gracefully.

Additionally, I really see zero evidence that their relationship was in turmoil. No need to avoid each other, imo.

Apotex isn’t going to give the reason for his departure no matter what. They aren’t going to disclose it to the public or competitors. Despite the denial, it could still be the Teva issue.
Could be the wife versus former g.f. issue!
imo.

FWIW, the new house is located not far from their children/grandchildren. I think HS wanted to be able to have the grandchildren over a lot and be in the same neighbourhood as her family. BS was likely to keep working at Apotex and she simply wanted the luxury of a beautiful home not far from her kids and their families. If you are all part of the same neighbourhood, it just brings families closer. IMO

I realize you can easily drive to Old Colony from there but I don't think thats what she wanted. IMO

I have a friend who is in the process of re-doing the whole house, simply because his wife thinks it looks dated. It was last totally renovated 24 years ago. Its just a certain mindset and the bank account to go along with it. IMO

I’d be thinking the same. I agree that discussing reasons for this specific listing would’ve been inappropriate. My answer would’ve been either a short, general market reference to satisfy the question, or a statement regarding not being in the position to comment on anything. But I get what you’re saying and my observation is irrelevant anyway if I’m the only one who found her response unusual.

Your view on her youthful look might be the right one. Recovering from cancer could bring renewed appreciation for life and HS would’ve had the energy and determination to look her best and live to the fullest.

Also agree with what you say about BS and the difficulty of splitting assets. WWIII is a good way to put it. IMO, if they had marriage problems, they would’ve compromised and maintained the appearance of a functioning marriage while living separate lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jh241d