Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry and Honey meet with the architect at Apotex, they both leave in separate vehicles to return home. Honey arrives home first and leaves her outdoor clothes on, while waiting for Barry to arrive. For some undetermined reason, Barry attacks Honey when he arrives, they struggle, Barry chokes her to death. restrains her hands, and hangs her from the pool railing. Barry then removes the restraints from her hands and hides them. Keep in mind that Barry has had no history of violent or abusive behaviour. He does all this while wearing his winter coat. There are no wounds on Barry from the struggle with Honey. Barry makes marks on his wrists as if they were restrained, then hangs himself beside Honey. Barry does all this because he wants people to believe he and Honey were murdered, which will preserve Barry's legacy. The police collude with the family to rule it a double murder. Even though the police will spend tremendous amounts of time and money pursuing a phantom murderer, they want to help the family maintain its legacy so they keep up the charade. As a result everybody in Canada feels warm and fuzzy about the Sherman legacy, because the Sherman's were murdered rather than murder/suicide.

Sorry that does not make sense to me.
Doesn’t make sense because you haven’t gotten it right.
It was made to look like a double suicide, except my cousin <modsnip: profanity> up. Honey was already dead before he put the belt around her neck at the pool railing.
Also, she was killed somewhere in the house.
BTW: Honey was dead for hours before Barry hung himself. I guess the multiple murderers ordered in pizza and watched Netflix with Barry before they strung him up, mind you....without a scratch/bruise/defensive wound on my cousin.
Remember: only Honey was investigated for homicide. In other words, the detectives always knew and believed that Barry committed suicide after killing Honey.
ALL warrants signed by the judge were solely related to Honey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kerry, if Barry wanted Honey dead, there were a lot of simpler ways for him to have arranged it, as you well know. With his connections and money he would have likely gotten away with it. (Drugs, accident, drowning)

If Barry wanted Honey dead, he would be free of her, and would have no reason to kill himself.

Are you aware of any motive for Barry wanting to die? Was he despondent, seriously ill, in financial difficulty, frustrated or reclusive? Was he known to have episodes of violent physical rage? We know outwardly he appeared motivated and involved with his career and business.

As far as I know he did not display any suicidal tendencies.

Kerry..do you know for sure that Honey was killed hours before Barry?Did the police possibly let something slip when they questioned you?The fact that Honey was killed elsewhere and dragged to the pool area was slipped out by Greenspan when he said that Barry was physically incapable of doing this.the police of course have neither confirmed nor denied.I still cant shake the gut feeling that you are entirely right.What purpose would outside killers have in stageing the bodies.Killing itself is a loud statement.No need for stageing.

Kerry..do you know for sure that Honey was killed hours before Barry?Did the police possibly let something slip when they questioned you?The fact that Honey was killed elsewhere and dragged to the pool area was slipped out by Greenspan when he said that Barry was physically incapable of doing this.the police of course have neither confirmed nor denied.I still cant shake the gut feeling that you are entirely right.What purpose would outside killers have in stageing the bodies.Killing itself is a loud statement.No need for stageing.
Staging it as suicides means the police won't be looking for a suspect.

Doesn’t make sense because you haven’t gotten it right.
It was made to look like a double suicide, except my cousin <modsnip: profanity> up. Honey was already dead before he put the belt around her neck at the pool railing.
Also, she was killed somewhere in the house.
BTW: Honey was dead for hours before Barry hung himself. I guess the multiple murderers ordered in pizza and watched Netflix with Barry before they strung him up, mind you....without a scratch/bruise/defensive wound on my cousin.
Remember: only Honey was investigated for homicide. In other words, the detectives always knew and believed that Barry committed suicide after killing Honey.
ALL warrants signed by the judge were solely related to Honey!
Where in the house was HS killed? Why didn't we hear about her blood in the location of the killing? Why then strangle her - why not just finish her off with her continued beating until death? (It was reported that COD was neck compression.) How do you set all of this up, beat her (which is uncharacteristic), drag her (even though he was physically incapable) to the pool railing, pull the jacket down on your own arms, tie your own wrists to mimic being tied, swallow the ties and let them digest so they're not found in the stomach contents during autopsy (because the ties were not found in the home), strangle yourself with some kind of rope or something, swallow that too, then after death of yourself, tie the belt around your own neck and set yourself up in a semi seated position so it looks like it was a matching suicide to Honey's, even though Honey is bleeding and somewhat battered, all while being under major emotional upheaval at the knowledge that you, a successful billionaire with everything to live for, killed your wife, your 'tophy' wife of.. how many years were they married? 40?
Could've just bought a gun, pulled the trigger on Honey, wrapped her hand around the gun, then used same gun to kill himself.. voila.
jmo.

Kerry, if Barry wanted Honey dead, there were a lot of simpler ways for him to have arranged it, as you well know. With his connections and money he would have likely gotten away with it. (Drugs, accident, drowning)

If Barry wanted Honey dead, he would be free of her, and would have no reason to kill himself.

Are you aware of any motive for Barry wanting to die? Was he despondent, seriously ill, in financial difficulty, frustrated or reclusive? Was he known to have episodes of violent physical rage? We know outwardly he appeared motivated and involved with his career and business.

As far as I know he did not display any suicidal tendencies.
As l clearly stated on The Fifth Estate and much of what l said never aired....Barry hated Honey. He was very unhappy in their marriage and often called her “mean spirited”. Barry also had a very brutal quick temper....he could turn on a dime. I also believe he had dementia....how far along l don’t know. Did Honey provoke him as l had witnessed on several occasions....possibly.
Barry may have lost it and hit Honey...not meaning to kill her. After he killed her, there was a few hours to think quick/straight and set up the scene of a double suicide....l believe l know who helped Barry orchestrate the diversion from murder suicide to double suicide.

As l clearly stated on The Fifth Estate and much of what l said never aired....Barry hated Honey. He was very unhappy in their marriage and often called her “mean spirited”. Barry also had a very brutal quick temper....he could turn on a dime. I also believe he had dementia....how far along l don’t know. Did Honey provoke him as l had witnessed on several occasions....possibly.
Barry may have lost it and hit Honey...not meaning to kill her. After he killed her, there was a few hours to think quick/straight and set up the scene of a double suicide....l believe l know who helped Barry orchestrate the diversion from murder suicide to double suicide.
rbbm
Without naming names, might it be someone who is generally accustomed to staging?
Any reason beyond financial ones, that would be incentive for a person to help Barry, especially as that would also mean the end of Barry?

Many men, especially affluent ones imo, seem to have no problem ditching a wife they no longer fancy, especially if they have a replacement romantic interest on standby.
Why did BS stick around for HS if he "hated her", unless he had a " silent" partner of some variety who did not mind lingering in the shadows?
speculation, imo.

I do not see how a wealthy man who has been married for forty years hates his wife enough to kill her. He had many alternatives. Barry, being as intelligent as he was, would have likely sought marriage therapy years ago to resolve their difficulties.

I also believe; if Barry was suffering from dementia, even at a early stage, it would be extremely difficult for him to organize and stage the complex scenario that he and Honey were found in.

especially as that would also mean the end of Barry?
;) I'm trying to follow and I have someone in mind .... Do you mean, a person "in the shadows" wouldn't worry about losing him? ..... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
;) I'm trying to follow and I have someone in mind .... Do you mean, a person "in the shadows" wouldn't worry about losing him? ..... :confused:
The type of person " in the shadows " if there even was one, might be someone who did not mind if BS stayed married.

The person ( again, if there was such a person) who would help BS to stage a double suicide, would presumably be someone who did not care if BS died too.
imo, speculation, hypothetical scenario.

I cautiously endorse parts of what you are saying ...... based on my reading Barry's so-called autobiography , plus other comments from others who knew him.

Barry was a self described devout atheist , live for today , this is all there is - he said , nothing else matters , he did not have "feelings" or "care for others" or a "guilty conscience" like a normal person would , he said he was ruthless in business because that is what it took to win .

Often these are the attributes of a sociopath ..... and study will show not all sociopaths are serial killers ..... many of them are very successful and wealthy businessmen , to them humans and human feelings are meaningless and you can trample them underfoot if necessary.

So it is not a long stretch of the imagination for him to be both wealthy and a suspected killer

I cautiously endorse parts of what you are saying ...... based on my reading Barry's so-called autobiography , plus other comments from others who knew him.

Barry was a self described devout atheist , live for today , this is all there is - he said , nothing else matters , he did not have "feelings" or "care for others" or a "guilty conscience" like a normal person would , he said he was ruthless in business because that is what it took to win .

Often these are the attributes of a sociopath ..... and study will show not all sociopaths are serial killers ..... many of them are very successful and wealthy businessmen , to them humans and human feelings are meaningless and you can trample them underfoot if necessary.

So it is not a long stretch of the imagination for him to be both wealthy and a suspected killer
I get what you're saying.. don't they say that psychopaths make the best business/sales people? (or something along those lines). But BS was a man of.. 70 or more, having been married to the woman he hates supposedly, for some 40 years. I could possibly consider this theory if it happened some 20-30 years ago, when he may have had a sideline, and his man-hormones were likely a little more active. To go through his entire lifetime able to keep his lid on, with nobody becoming privy to his psycho tendencies to beat his nasty wife, and then finally do something about it at such a late date, just isn't cutting it.

Considering that KW and the Shermans had been at war for many years, how can KW say he has inside knowledge of marital discord, personality traits, relationship status, etc? The timing is interesting, in relation to recent judgement(s).

To be someone who is filled with hatred after having been supposedly a victim abused by these people over a lifetime, and to then see them meet with such a horrible, brutal fate, without having to even lift a finger - would this not prompt a feeling of private gloating and personal satisfaction to see firsthand that karma is a b!tch? Why would one have to go public to argue that the Toronto Police Service and I'm assuming the coroner as well, got it wrong? Either way, they met their supposed deserved fate, why care what the authorities want to label it as?

Canadian tycoon Barry Sherman 'killed wife then himself' | Daily Mail Online
But for all the unknowns he has no doubt about one thing: Sherman was capable of murder and wasn't bound to his own life by anything that brought him joy.

Winter said: 'If Barry Sherman hadn't been an entrepreneur and a CEO he would have been a serial killer.'

I think, KW knows what he is talking about. He very much adored his cousin and had reason to hate him, all the same time. IMO

The type of person " in the shadows " if there even was one, might be someone who did not mind if BS stayed married.

The person ( again, if there was such a person) who would help BS to stage a double suicide, would presumably be someone who did not care if BS died too.
imo, speculation, hypothetical scenario.

So either/or and not the same person, I assume. Okay.

Barry was always very forgiving and extraordinarily generous with regard to someone with an apostrophe name.
Barry was mostly very forgiving and extraordinarily generous to D'Angelo. Until he wasn't anymore.
Barry was also forgiving and generous to the Winter children. Until he wasn't anymore.
Most people reach their tolerance limit.
The ballad of Frank D'Angelo | The Star
Sun., Nov. 4, 2007
[...]
How, one wonders, did Sherman come to be Frank's sugar daddy?
"I'm gonna tell you the story," says D'Angelo.
[...]
Did Barry Sherman's patience grow thin?
D'Angelo says that's not the case. And Sherman's not talking.
On Thursday, Barry Sherman's 24-year-old son, Jonathon, was named chief executive officer.
"I'm staying on as chairman," says D'Angelo. "I'm staying on as the watchful eye."

Kerry, I hope you understand that it may be difficult for many of us to believe your word. That's not to say it's not true or correct, but that we recognize that you may, and likely do, have a significant bias.
Please don't treat us as if we should naturally believe everything you say at face value. I don't know you personally, and you may be telling the truth, but we'd be silly to take your word. Just as we'd be silly to take the word of a spouse whose significant other was just murdered. We need objective, third party evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8