Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to wonder if Apotex' involvement in the fentanyl business could be related to this crime. Apotex markets the product, and consequently acquires significant quantities of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API). Perhaps certain parties who are acquiring/selling this product illegally were concerned with Apotex acquiring significant quantities; reducing the API supply; and driving up the API costs? Pure speculation on my part, but I haven't seen this discussed previously.
Would Apotex stop acquiring API because Barry Sherman is gone?

I find it curious that Ontario's Premier Ford, has weighed in on a lot of issues over the last few months, such as 'buck-a beer', snitch-lines, welfare reform, sex-education, but as far as I know, not one word on the Sherman case.

The fact the TPS is saying nothing nine months into the case, to me, points to the fact the case has gone cold or they know what happened and who did it, but have no way of laying charges, possibly for geo-political reasons.
I don't recall any cases, at least in Canada, where a politician has ever commented while a particular criminal investigation is underway. NDP leader Mulcair quite unwisely commented on his beliefs about the motive for the shootings on Parliament Hill in 2014, and was basically told to shut up and leave it to the RCMP and criminologists.

Also, unlike in the US where Sheriffs are elected and therefore feel obliged to issue updates to the public, that's definitely not how Canadian police operate. They only involve the public 1. If there is a possible or perceived risk to the public or 2. if they have a compelling reason to ask for the public's assistance. Since this is a very private murder, with really no public impact, I think the only conclusion that can be drawn from silence is they aren't trying to drum up witnesses.

For example it was well over two years before police arrested Richard Oland's son for his murder, and in that case it was an open secret he'd done it.

I find it curious that Ontario's Premier Ford, has weighed in on a lot of issues over the last few months, such as 'buck-a beer', snitch-lines, welfare reform, sex-education, but as far as I know, not one word on the Sherman case.

The fact the TPS is saying nothing nine months into the case, to me, points to the fact the case has gone cold or they know what happened and who did it, but have no way of laying charges, possibly for geo-political reasons.

Nine months in this sort of case is nothing. TPS is NOT going to speak publicly about this murder. Everything they have will be going to ONLY the prosecution.
When they have arrested someone, there will be a short statement only.

It would be inappropriate if the Premier or Prime Minister started speaking about a particular murder. They have their 'job' and the Police have to be left alone to solve cases.

Last edited:

"It also acquired the European business of Canadian generic maker Apotex for €74 million earlier this year. The company was in exclusive negotiations with US pharma company Mallinckrodt for months to acquire its specialty generics portfolio that included its portfolio of opioid and painkiller drugs for a similar sized takeover, but the talks did not fructify even after a year of intermittent negotiations. "

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/65713712.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Regarding my post about Premier Ford's silence, I agree Canadian politicians do not traditionally speak about active police investigations. My point was that Premier Ford does not fit into the traditional Canadian politician mold.

I also agree, Canadian police forces traditionally make few comments regarding ongoing investigations. My point is that there is nothing traditional about the demise of the Shermans. It would be nice to know even if this is an active investigation, or has it been put on the back burner?

Also is the Greenspan team of private detectives still investigating the case?

The silence is deafening.

The silence is deafening.
RSBM

Yes, especially compared with the quite extraordinary amount of leaked info and efforts to spin the story that came out in the first few months. Possibly the various sources either said everything they know, or have decided to step out of the media circus for the time being.

I think the leak about this case being a double murder is the final (denied--we didn't leak it) word from Greenspan. Apparently he did his job of disproving murder-suicide, and it is now up to the TPS to carry the ball. I don't expect to hear from Greenspan again.

Would Apotex stop acquiring API because Barry Sherman is gone?

No, but if BS objective was to acquire/control a very significant quantity of the API, thus limiting competition, then this strategy could have changed now that he is no longer with us.

I guess it's not really such a mystery why someone would feel driven to kill him. No Big Pharma plots necessary.

Good question about why he sold the company. It sounds from this article How Barry Sherman built his multibillion-dollar fortune

that Sherman (using a loan from his mother), along with his friend, and his friend's father, bought Empire for $350,000. A few years later they were offered $2 million for it. They each made a whack of profit and dissolved their partnership. Sherman later started his new business without any partners.

I don't know whether he thought about his cousins at all. I think it likely he was solely focussed on making his first million and other people never crossed his mind. He was definitely not the kind of person I'd trust to take care of my interests.
Think about it. If you were the owner or shareholder in a business that had grown in value by about 600% over two years, would you really want out?

What I would be interested in seeing is how many employees, customers and suppliers of Empire ended up at Apotex? That would tell a clear story of what actually happened.

RSBM

Yes, especially compared with the quite extraordinary amount of leaked info and efforts to spin the story that came out in the first few months. Possibly the various sources either said everything they know, or have decided to step out of the media circus for the time being.
The silence of the Greenspan team proves one thing only, that their mission has been accomplished. Its quite evident that their goal was ONLY to have this case not be a murder/suicide. They have absolutely no interest in solving the case because they already know who did it.

The silence of the Greenspan team proves one thing only, that their mission has been accomplished. Its quite evident that their goal was ONLY to have this case not be a murder/suicide. They have absolutely no interest in solving the case because they already know who did it.

It's not "quite evident" to me that Greenspan's ONLY goal was to have this case not a murder/suicide, and that he has no interest in solving it. He and his experienced, professional team members have a well earned reputation to uphold. To accuse all of them as scum bags who sacrificed their principles, expertise and good reputation for a big money job is beyond ridiculous imo. This is why I hate conspiracy theories. In this case, probably 50-100 people (from cops to the Toronto Mayor's office to the Prime Minister's office) would have to sacrifice their reputations and value system to go along with a cover-up--and keep quiet about it. Not one peep from an anonymous insider to date. Doesn't make sense to me Andrew, and never has.

It's not "quite evident" to me that Greenspan's ONLY goal was to have this case not a murder/suicide, and that he has no interest in solving it. He and his experienced, professional team members have a well earned reputation to uphold. To accuse all of them as scum bags who sacrificed their principles, expertise and good reputation for a big money job is beyond ridiculous imo. This is why I hate conspiracy theories. In this case, probably 50-100 people (from cops to the Toronto Mayor's office to the Prime Minister's office) would have to sacrifice their reputations and value system to go along with a cover-up--and keep quiet about it. Not one peep from an anonymous insider to date. Doesn't make sense to me Andrew, and never has.
Everybody that is involved in this conspiracy as you call it, knows that they will never get called out on this. And quite frankly, a lot fewer people are involved in this than you think. The police chief and the lead detective are about all it takes. And when you are talking about a family that gives so much money to charity, you'd be extremely stupid not to do as they wished. Bottom line, the family is happy, charities continue to receive donations, politicians continue to receive donations, and nobody is at any risk because of it. For all of eternity "we cannot comment on that case because the investigation is ongoing". But is it? Really?

Andreww, Who? Please elaborate?
Barry killed honey and then killed himself in remorse. If this were anything else, Barry and Honey would have simply been found with a bullet in their head. End of story. Too many people are caught up in "movie of the week" type theories of international espionage and ninja like hitmen. But why? What point would any of that serve? Who is actually the conspiracy theorist? Me or you?

Everybody that is involved in this conspiracy as you call it, knows that they will never get called out on this. And quite frankly, a lot fewer people are involved in this than you think. The police chief and the lead detective are about all it takes. And when you are talking about a family that gives so much money to charity, you'd be extremely stupid not to do as they wished. Bottom line, the family is happy, charities continue to receive donations, politicians continue to receive donations, and nobody is at any risk because of it. For all of eternity "we cannot comment on that case because the investigation is ongoing". But is it? Really?

If you intend on furthering a conspiracy theory, definately no, the police chief and the lead detective is not “about all it takes”. It might be helpful for you to conduct a little research to understand why your theory is impossible.

Toronto is not a one horse town where a sheriff holds all the power. In Canada the many layers of bureaucracy are such that you can be certain one or two individuals cannot be bought off.

Because it’s not the police chief who determines the cause and manner of death although they do serve the role of public interface. Neither are Coroners employed by TPS.

What are coroners?
Coroners are medical doctors with specialized death investigation training, who have been appointed to investigate sudden deaths as mandated by the Coroners Act.

What is a death investigation?
A death investigation is a process whereby a coroner or forensic pathologist seeks to understand how and why a person died. A coroner or forensic pathologist must answer five questions when investigating a death:

• Who (identity of the deceased)
  • When (date of death)
  • Where (location of death)
  • How (medical cause of death)
  • By what means (natural causes, accident, homicide, suicide or undetermined)
Information may be obtained from several sources including, but not limited to family, co-workers, neighbours, doctors, hospital records, police and other emergency service workers. Contact with family is vital as they often have important information that can aid the investigation.
Common questions about death investigations | Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services

If the murder / suicide theory were true, what would be the point of insisting otherwise??

Members of LE would deliberately refrain from doing their job so that politicians to whom they have no connection can ‘continue to get donations’ from a dead couple? Ludicrous IMOO

If the murder / suicide theory were true, what would be the point of insisting otherwise??

Members of LE would deliberately refrain from doing their job so that politicians to whom they have no connection can ‘continue to get donations’ from a dead couple? Ludicrous IMOO

Excellent point! And even the m/s tarnishing the reputation argument, Good Grief. It reminds me of scandal that might’ve been hissingly whispered by older people up until about the 1960s, to the very same tune of single mothers raising children or couples living together prior to marriage.

If there was evidence of a m/s and family, friends and associates were aware of indications of such things as depression, dementia or even mental illness, that’s not considered shameful in this day and age. Any of that is a fact of life, a sad reality that touches the personal lives of the majority of us.

I also agree that a coverup of M/S is ludicrous. The matter or method demise of Barry or Honey has absolutely no impact on Apotex; the Will & Estate; or the heirs. Do you really think the heirs would or will change their intentions regarding philanthropy, based on how Barry and Honey reportedly died?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass