CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say with a horse, probably quicker to make a few phone calls to area ranches. Horse may have been branded as well. Who knows how many with long work days on ranches would be looking at SM. JMO

Wouldn't a knowledgeable tracker from the area know about branding and which brands were in the area?
When a horse is moved from one ranch to another, do they get the new brand and cross out the old one?

Wouldn't a knowledgeable tracker from the area know about branding and which brands were in the area?
When a horse is moved from one ranch to another, do they get the new brand and cross out the old one?
Good questions. KR didn't seem to know who the horse belonged to until he was called back. Maybe he did recognize the brand but not the fact that the horse belonged to a missing ranch manager.

Not sure about brands. How many brands could a horse end up with if changed every time relocated to new ranch?

I think Ben’s horses wear his family brand.
I have two horses with brands, I’ve never altered them (one is a cool peace sign). NR would have their ranch brand for their horses & cattle.

Ze, probably a livestock brand inspector in Merritt was called in to verify it was Ben’s brand/horse, after NR already knew it was.

Ben brought Gunny with him from WY. therefore he was owned by Ben not the ranch. Ben more than likely notified the brand inspector upon his arrival. Gunny would not have had the NR brand.
Yes good point. I was thinking that was likely. So notifying brand inspector keeps it on file in case the horse gets lost, like in this case.

In Post #877, @Trudie said: "I don’t think there’s any concern someone else rode the horse. IMO, the concern is did Ben ride his horse & how did Ben/horse get to the area horse was found. Trailered?
Did Ben even ride that day?
Some of the latest info can’t be posted on WS yet, MSM needs to pick it up first.
Moo"

My apologies @Trudie, @zecats, and all posters here for my not responding timely to replies to my postings. That, imo, makes it appear that I'm indifferent, but that's not the case at all. Actually, given how seldom I post anymore, I'm always surprised and delighted that someone bothered to respond! lol O/T: Due to an old/tired mind and an old/tired PC... the latter which refuses to mesh w/WS format... I struggle to reply to posts. (Please do NOT address the last sentence.)

Now, back On Topic of Trudies' post copied/pasted above.

If I'm understanding you correctly, then you're currently leaning towards thinking that BT didn't go riding that day!?! IF he didn't ride that day then, imo, that makes the horse a "red herring" and we're looking at staging. And if it's the kind of staging that comes to my mind then, imho, BT won't be found anywhere near where Gunny was found.

It's just all so sad...

In Post #877, @Trudie said: "I don’t think there’s any concern someone else rode the horse. IMO, the concern is did Ben ride his horse & how did Ben/horse get to the area horse was found. Trailered?
Some of the latest info can’t be posted on WS yet, MSM needs to pick it up first.
Moo"

My apologies @Trudie, @zecats, and all posters here for my not responding timely to replies to my postings. That, imo, makes it appear that I'm indifferent, but that's not the case at all. Actually, given how seldom I post anymore, I'm always surprised and delighted that someone bothered to respond! lol O/T: Due to an old/tired mind and an old/tired PC... the latter which refuses to mesh w/WS format... I struggle to reply to posts. (Please do NOT address the last sentence.)

If I'm understanding you correctly, then you're currently leaning towards thinking that BT didn't go riding that day!?! IF he didn't ride that day then, imo, that makes the horse a "red herring" and we're looking at staging. And if it's the kind of staging that comes to my mind then, imho, BT won't be found anywhere near where Gunny was found.

It's just all so sad...

Hopefully some news will come. This must be so excruciating for the Tyner family. Hopefully, their WY ranch & work keeps them busy & gives them something else to think about, at least a few hours a day.

Moo"

It's just all so sad...

BBM Indeed that's definitely a place I've been leaning. No proof other than lack of proof that he did ride (no tracks FROM the ranch, no Ben anywhere near there, no indication of Ben's tracks off of horse, no phone with Ben, no one knew he was riding and that was not typical for him). Again just my strong hunch/opinion.

BBM Indeed that's definitely a place I've been leaning. No proof other than lack of proof that he did ride (no tracks FROM the ranch, no Ben anywhere near there, no indication of Ben's tracks off of horse, no phone with Ben, no one knew he was riding and that was not typical for him). Again just my strong hunch/opinion.

I agree. I’m going to take a moment and see if I can find any news. Hard to come by.

I really don't think how Gunny was cinched matters, I believe he was saddled up by Ben. I don't see anyone doing something nefarious and then running the risk of going to his horse and saddling it and riding it or trailering it off to make it look like Ben did it, Too much risk and zero reward. So if your in my mindset, that means something happened when he went off on his ride, now something nefarious could have happened then, but deep in my heart I think it was an accident. IMHO

I really don't think how Gunny was cinched matters, I believe he was saddled up by Ben. I don't see anyone doing something nefarious and then running the risk of going to his horse and saddling it and riding it or trailering it off to make it look like Ben did it, Too much risk and zero reward. So if your in my mindset, that means something happened when he went off on his ride, now something nefarious could have happened then, but deep in my heart I think it was an accident. IMHO

I think the most logical explanation is the simple one - Ben was thrown from his horse and was unable to recover from that. MOO

I think if Ben is missing as a result of a riding accident, his family would not ask for tips, MCU would not be involved & a special tip line would not be in place.
Moo
Since no one yet has solid proof as to what exactly happened to Ben, I believe LE is simply making sure all bases are covered. I think they have to, and this case has gotten a lot of widespread publicity. I would hope the same would be done, resource-wise, for every single case here, even though sadly, it sometimes seems that it isn't. Continuing prayers for Ben and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces