CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, his horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since no one yet has solid proof as to what exactly happened to Ben, I believe LE is simply making sure all bases are covered. I think they have to, and this case has gotten a lot of widespread publicity. I would hope the same would be done, resource-wise, for every single case here, even though sadly, it sometimes seems that it isn't. Continuing prayers for Ben and family.

Hopefully all bases are covered. Seems like there’s quite a few unsolved MP cases in Ca.
It poses huge problems when a person goes missing & no one’s exactly sure where the person was headed.
From all I’ve read, Ben never rode off without advising someone & he carried his phone. How ironic the first time he deviates from normal protocol, he goes missing. Jmo

I truly believe that if this is the case, Ben would have been found by now.
I agree.
When a 12 year old girl was murdered in British Columbia in 1978....and her body was tossed behind a log...north of Merritt....it took SEVENTEEN years to find her skeletal remains.
Hopefully all bases are covered. Seems like there’s quite a few unsolved MP cases in Ca.
It poses huge problems when a person goes missing & no one’s exactly sure where the person was headed.
From all I’ve read, Ben never rode off without advising someone & he carried his phone. How ironic the first time he deviates from normal protocol, he goes missing. Jmo

Monica Jack age 12 on websleuths....it took 18 years to find her remains north of Merritt. 18 years!!!
It is such a horrific case when someone goes missing. I hope a logger, hunter, hiker, road worker etc. finds Ben WAY SOONER than in 18 horrific years.
MOO
I wish the gift of peace for Ben's family and friends.

If he were killed instantly, in open, probably.

But if he were able to find some sort of shelter, I’m not so sure. How many square miles do they need to search?

You’re going on the assumption he had a riding accident?
Too many miles need to be searched, for sure.

If he were killed instantly, in open, probably.

But if he were able to find some sort of shelter, I’m not so sure. How many square miles do they need to search?
They have searched with trackers, cowboys on horseback, dogs (including Ben's bother with Ben's dog, drones, helicopters, volunteers and SAR. If he did ride up there and somehow become separated from his horse, then at that point he's on foot and not able to cover nearly the same distance. Photos from there show open areas and snow covered areas as well, fairly easy to see what's on the ground. He'd have to be really well concealed in some type of shelter to not be seen. And then, if he was able to make it to a shelter, he should be able to signal for help. JMO

ETA to add link of searcher info. After a week, search for missing cowboy near Merritt suspended

Last edited:
They have searched with trackers, cowboys on horseback, dogs (including Ben's bother with Ben's dog, drones, helicopters, volunteers and SAR. If he did ride up there and somehow become separated from his horse, then at that point he's on foot and not able to cover nearly the same distance. Photos from there show open areas and snow covered areas as well, fairly easy to see what's on the ground. He'd have to be really well concealed in some type of shelter to not be seen. And then, if he was able to make it to a shelter, he should be able to signal for help. JMO

I could not agree more.
Also, there’d be no tip line specifically for Ben, imo.
I think most of us read or have read the official FB page.....
There’s definitely a different tone there then “”missing in the bush”, I think.

ETA: I would like to see Nicola Ranch offer a reward.

Last edited:
Monica Jack age 12 on websleuths....it took 18 years to find her remains north of Merritt. 18 years!!!
It is such a horrific case when someone goes missing. I hope a logger, hunter, hiker, road worker etc. finds Ben WAY SOONER than in 18 horrific years.
MOO
I wish the gift of peace for Ben's family and friends.

Here is Monica Jack's WS thread.
Ironically, Ben went missing a little over a week after her murder trial ended with a guilty verdict!
She was found in a ravine off a logging road on Swakum Mountain.
Would Ben have been curious as to where she was found?

Monica Jack, 12, Murdered May 1978; *Arrest*

Here is Monica Jack's WS thread.
Ironically, Ben went missing a little over a week after her murder trial ended with a guilty verdict!
She was found in a ravine off a logging road on Swakum Mountain.
Would Ben have been curious as to where she was found?

Monica Jack, 12, Murdered May 1978; *Arrest*
Interesting thought.
You should suggest this on the Missing FB site, Watcher9.

Last edited:
No, the link says you have to join the group to post and comment.
Yes sorry. I edited my previous post after you quoted it. I confused it with another fB page about Ben that has an open format. Not sure if it’s considered official though so not linking it.

Last edited:
Yes sorry. I edited my previous post after you quoted it. I confused it with another fB page about Ben that has an open format. Not sure if it’s considered official though so not linking it.
That's okay.

I kept digging around and found a site on the RCMP site where I could send in a comment so I did report it (in a way) by email.
Hopefully, if they think it is important, they will get it to the right person. And, they may have searched that area anyway.

When I found the Monica Jack thread and started reading it, it just struck me that Ben might have been interested because Monica was reportedly last seen near the NO ranch and her body was found on the Swakum Mtn. The trial may have been the main conversation going at the ranch.
If I hear anything back, I'll be sure to pass it along.

That's okay.

I kept digging around and found a site on the RCMP site where I could send in a comment so I did report it (in a way) by email.
Hopefully, if they think it is important, they will get it to the right person. And, they may have searched that area anyway.

When I found the Monica Jack thread and started reading it, it just struck me that Ben might have been interested because Monica was reportedly last seen near the NO ranch and her body was found on the Swakum Mtn. The trial may have been the main conversation going at the ranch.
If I hear anything back, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Cool! I’m sure his family appreciates all tips.
I recall Ben commenting on the church fire, he did seem up to speed on the local history so I would think he also followed the news.
So hope he’s found soon, I can’t imagine the agony his family faces every waking moment.

I concur, Trudie, that it is most definitely a huge puzzle; especially if this was the first known time Ben ever deviated from letting someone know where he was heading. I do still believe it was an awful accident, but always remain open to other possibilities.

I concur, Trudie, that it is most definitely a huge puzzle; especially if this was the first known time Ben ever deviated from letting someone know where he was heading. I do still believe it was an awful accident, but always remain open to other possibilities.

I hope he left the world doing what he loved. That’s the best outcome for his family, imo.
Maybe the weather will break soon & some more searches can take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces