CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just days before BT vanished, I recall he made a statement to reporter on the scene which was part of their broadcast.

Yes I recall that too.

Search continues for missing rancher in B.C.’s Interior
“Notably, Global News talked to Tyner after the recent arsonist church fires in Merritt on Friday, Jan. 11.

The Crossroads Community Church on Voght Street suffered some damage, but the 143-year-old Murray United Church north of Merritt was completely destroyed, reduced to a pile of ashes.

“Well, it’s tragic, really,” Tyner told Global News on a cool, overcast day with snow partially covering the ground, with puffs of smoke rising from the burned-out remains of the church in the background.

“The church has been a landmark here for well over 100 years . . . it’s been part of the community,” continued Tyner. “I know I’m not from here, I didn’t grow up around it, but I know a lot of people that did. This morning, it’s been very upsetting. It’s definitely a tragic loss.

“It was a historic point for this area; it was one of the oldest churches in B.C., to my understanding. Just a senseless act and a very tragic and irreplaceable loss.”

Asked what he would say to the arsonist, Tyner gave a horse-sense response.

“I don’t know that I’d . . . I don’t know that he would warrant any of my time to comment to. I don’t think anyone that would stoop that low would be worth talking to.”...”

That must be the residential area of the ranch, and the old town site, which is closer to the church. See map and area of main ranch located off Monck Road, where the most recent search took place.

Google Maps

Isn’t the “main” ranch directly off the Princeton-Kamloops Hwy, across from the the old Nicola townsite? This location is also the same as the address noted for Nicola Ranch.

C27598F1-9EC9-48E3-8485-279FA1875650.jpeg

The photo where the search took place, off Monch Rd, looks to me like the ranch’s agricultural/forestry work area consisting of logging, sawdust, loose haypiles and a couple of vinyl hoop type quonsets to shelter either hay or equipment.

upload_2019-5-15_19-10-39.jpeg
Search for Ben Tyner “done for now” - Merritt Herald

Isn’t the “main” ranch directly off the Princeton-Kamloops Hwy, across from the the old Nicola townsite? This location is also the address noted for Nicola Ranch.

View attachment 184623

The photo where the search took place, off Monch Rd, looks to me like the ranch’s agricultural/forestry work area consisting of logging, sawdust, loose haypiles and a couple of vinyl hoop type quonsets to shelter either hay or equipment.

View attachment 184624
Search for Ben Tyner “done for now” - Merritt Herald
That's the location of the store, which is closed now, apparently. It pops up on the map and when I look at photos, I see the store front. Right by the church. A local pointed out that the main ranch is north of there, off Monck Rd, nearer the lake. But NR owns so much surrounding land, that it probably all runs together.

That's the location of the store, which is closed now, apparently. It pops up on the map and when I look at photos, I see the store front. Right by the church. A local pointed out that the main ranch is north of there, off Monck Rd, nearer the lake. But NR owns so much surrounding land, that it probably all runs together.

Yes indeed, it may all run together. I don’t recall it was ever revealed where on the ranch Ben lived or where that was in relation to the location of the barn, stable or pasture for his horse. Do you?

Yes indeed, it may all run together. I don’t recall it was ever revealed where on the ranch Ben lived or where that was in relation to the location of the barn, stable or pasture for his horse. Do you?
Not sure about his horse, but did read that he possibly resided in one of the houses in Old Town site, those formally used as vacation homes. Near the church and the store. I did find a sign on google maps along the road in front of the church stating NR residential area. Would love to know if he was able to keep Gunny there or if needed to stable her elsewhere.

Not sure about his horse, but did read that he possibly resided in one of the houses in Old Town site, those formally used as vacation homes. Near the church and the store. I did find a sign on google maps along the road in front of the church stating NR residential area. Would love to know if he was able to keep Gunny there or if needed to stable her elsewhere.

If so, I wonder if Ben was the “neighbour”.

“Merritt Fire Rescue Department Capt..... said the single-room Murray United Church was engulfed in flames by the time crews arrived, and the structure could not be saved. A neighbour said that the wooden structure burned to the ground in less than an hour. All that was left of it was the chimney and the church’s bell.
https://www.ashcroftcachecreekjournal.com/community/historic-nicola-valley-church-destroyed-by-fire/

If so, I wonder if Ben was the “neighbour”.

“Merritt Fire Rescue Department Capt..... said the single-room Murray United Church was engulfed in flames by the time crews arrived, and the structure could not be saved. A neighbour said that the wooden structure burned to the ground in less than an hour. All that was left of it was the chimney and the church’s bell.
https://www.ashcroftcachecreekjournal.com/community/historic-nicola-valley-church-destroyed-by-fire/
Could be. Seems he may have resided nearby. He did give an interview though, so why not use his name?

Could be. Seems he may have resided nearby. He did give an interview though, so why not use his name?

The interview was with Global News. Maybe the Ashcroft-Cache Creek Journal got their information from watching the broadcast? I haven’t found the full interview although there’s just a short snippet at 00:46 on the first video on the link below, if anyone’s interested. It’s absolutely heartbreaking, Ben hoping someone is brought to justice over the church only two weeks before he mysteriously disappeared.... he won’t be able to see that happen.

Search continues for missing rancher in B.C.’s Interior

Last edited:
Update from FB official page. Mostly repeating info already given but this little tidbit is encouraging. From Page Admin:

MISSING: BEN TYNER

"Investigation has centered around the Ranch itself. The investigation is still very much active even though we as a group feel it’s not. We as the group just have to have faith that time will reveal what we all want and that is to bring Ben home and justice to be serviced.

Remember awareness is the key point and keeping his name and posters active is the most help we can do."

This says to me: Keep bumping Ben's thread - keep his name up there, keep it easy for people to find, keep his name in the news.
Agreed. Message from Admin on page at beginning of the post :

BBM

"UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS INFORMATION COMES IN. We have just passed four months since Ben went missing .. This is some key information .. NO SPECULATING OR I WILL SHUT IT OFF.....IM JUST TRYING TO REFRESH EVERYONES MEMORY."

Seems she is receiving (somehow) updates. Also, this update is important, somehow.

More from Admin of page. I'm trying to read between the lines, so to speak.

And BBM

"I know sometimes it feels like the information that we want to hear is just not coming.
I can reassure you all that everything there is to be done to bring Ben home is being done.
I am sure we will never know the countless hours the MCU is putting into this .
They want to find Ben just as much as we do.
I also know if you are living outside of Canada our law system is so different than yours.
If they don’t do everything possible to keep it in our law system they will have done this for nothing.
I was reassured it was being done daily so with that I have to take it and run with it.
Time will tell us a story and justice will be served and Ben will come home.
I don’t have the answers and never will. The case is very tight lipped and for that I give them credit for working so hard.
Again if you have something that needs to be told do it. Every piece of this puzzle needs to come together for this family.
Please do not comment on here. Please don’t shoot the messenger I’m doing the best I can.
For every thought you have on the case they have done it ten times over.They are not letting this go. Getting his name out there daily , hanging posters and sharing is what we can do the most. Thank you for understanding and being such great group."

The two updates strike me as though the family is trying to relay information without relaying information. The first talks about updates being posted as they come in, when there have been so very few public updates of any kind. I hope that means RCMP have evidence we aren't aware of and a suspect in mind.

The second seems to focus on conducting a lawful investigation that will stand up in court, so I hope that means RCMP are carefully building a case.

The following phrase leaves me confused, 'I was reassured it was being done daily so with that I have to take it and run with it,' and welcome an suggestions on what is being done daily.

One thing posted as fact in the updates comment did surprise me and that was the statement that the investigation was focused at the ranch, which leads me to wonder if RCMP have advised the family of evidence found at the ranch and if they know how Gunny made it up into the bush or if it's just a poorly worded information relayed because the last search happened in that area.

More from Admin of page. I'm trying to read between the lines, so to speak.

And BBM

"I know sometimes it feels like the information that we want to hear is just not coming.
I can reassure you all that everything there is to be done to bring Ben home is being done.
I am sure we will never know the countless hours the MCU is putting into this .
They want to find Ben just as much as we do.
I also know if you are living outside of Canada our law system is so different than yours.
If they don’t do everything possible to keep it in our law system they will have done this for nothing.
I was reassured it was being done daily so with that I have to take it and run with it.
Time will tell us a story and justice will be served and Ben will come home.
I don’t have the answers and never will. The case is very tight lipped and for that I give them credit for working so hard.
Again if you have something that needs to be told do it. Every piece of this puzzle needs to come together for this family.
Please do not comment on here. Please don’t shoot the messenger I’m doing the best I can.
For every thought you have on the case they have done it ten times over.They are not letting this go. Getting his name out there daily , hanging posters and sharing is what we can do the most. Thank you for understanding and being such great group."

Who is the Admin of this FB page?

Click on the page and it's the person who recently updated. Also if you check members you can see the admins of the page - more than one, including Ben's brother Jack. Only one has been posting lately though.

ETA dhw

I don’t think I’m able to do that as I’m not a FB member nor do I notice any Admin posts appearing on the public FB page.

I don’t think I’m able to do that as I’m not a FB member nor do I notice any Admin posts appearing on the public FB page.

If you click on the link I provided, you don't see anything? I honestly don't know if you have to be a FB member to see it. It is the official page.

Anyway dhw Wlams is the name of the admin who has posted updates recently. Seems to be running the page for the time being. And the items for auction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back