CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there a link between two mysterious disappearances near Merritt?

Another man is missing from a nearby ranch, also situated on Highway 5A, between Merritt and Kamloops.

Dean Morrison worked as a painter at Stump Lake Ranch, about 45 kilometres away. Then one day in October 2013, the 44-year-old was gone.

Morrison’s mother, Elizabeth Faber, says the similarities between the two cases immediately caught her attention.....

......It may just be a coincidence, and I have to be honest about that,” Gagnon said. “But the fact is, this area is quite remote and there may be a connection between some associates, but we don’t know that. So there’s a possibility there’s a connection between the two of them.”

RCMP say they’re investigating the cases separately but Gagnon has little doubt officers are looking at every possibility.

Another man is missing from a nearby ranch, also situated on Highway 5A, between Merritt and Kamloops.

Dean Morrison worked as a painter at Stump Lake Ranch, about 45 kilometres away. Then one day in October 2013, the 44-year-old was gone.

Morrison’s mother, Elizabeth Faber, says the similarities between the two cases immediately caught her attention.....

......It may just be a coincidence, and I have to be honest about that,” Gagnon said. “But the fact is, this area is quite remote and there may be a connection between some associates, but we don’t know that. So there’s a possibility there’s a connection between the two of them.”

RCMP say they’re investigating the cases separately but Gagnon has little doubt officers are looking at every possibility.
2013?! I'm surprised no one brought this up months ago!

I swear I searched missing Merritt, and never encountered this earlier gentleman. And pardon my manners if this WAS previously mentioned. If so, I missed it. That usually happens when I step away for a day. Just to refresh the batteries, so to speak. Slightly OT, feel free to alert/delete if not appropriate here.

All of these missing persons. Every day. Some are runaways, that's true, but why are there so many?! And those thousands of children, separated from family groups. Some, all alone. What are their risk odds? I pray to our Universe, every day, that we can find all of them. The odds, IMO, are too intense to dwell on. So, I step away for a day, maybe two, and watch what all is going on, out there.....

May these men be found. Their investigations be thorough. That any guilty parties are caught, and brought to Justice. That is all (for now :) )

2013?! I'm surprised no one brought this up months ago!

I swear I searched missing Merritt, and never encountered this earlier gentleman. And pardon my manners if this WAS previously mentioned. If so, I missed it. That usually happens when I step away for a day. Just to refresh the batteries, so to speak. Slightly OT, feel free to alert/delete if not appropriate here.

All of these missing persons. Every day. Some are runaways, that's true, but why are there so many?! And those thousands of children, separated from family groups. Some, all alone. What are their risk odds? I pray to our Universe, every day, that we can find all of them. The odds, IMO, are too intense to dwell on. So, I step away for a day, maybe two, and watch what all is going on, out there.....

May these men be found. Their investigations be thorough. That any guilty parties are caught, and brought to Justice. That is all (for now :) )
Hi @Jim_M Yes we did discuss this missing man, maybe on first thread. Both Dean and another missing young man from same area (Luke Neville, 2017) have threads here on WS, and as far as the discussion of both or them went, we found no obvious connections.

ETA Thread #1, Post #465 and around there.

Because he has been brought up in MSM again with a possible connection to Ben, here is his thread.

CANADA - Canada - Dean Kelly Morrison, 44, Stump Lake Ranch, Kamloops BC, 22 October 2013

"Gagnon said Morrison’s disappearance was originally reported as a missing person case, but he’s approaching it as possibly something more sinister, believing foul play may have played a factor.

“I don’t have the proof, I’m still working on that, but I’m not convinced it was just a missing person,” said Gagnon.

Faber said she doesn’t know what Gagnon’s report found as he has not shared his findings with her.

“I would like to know, she said.

Gagnon told the Herald the findings of in his report cannot be disclosed publicly in order to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Four years after his disappearance Faber still don’t know what happened to her son and is asking that anyone who has information about this missing person case to call the RCMP or Crimestoppers.

Ranch manager Dan Fremlin was the last known person to see Morrison. He said he saw him at the ranch at about 9 a.m. on oct. 22, 2013 trying to start a van he had left on the property and looking “wasted.”

Fremlin said Morrison appeared to want to leave the property and they ended up getting a tow truck to come pick him up and along with the vehicle. Morrison was tasked with cleaning up his work space in the interim. The tow truck arrived at about 11 a.m., but Morrison was nowhere to be found. Fremlin searched the buildings for him to no avail and the tow truck left by about 1 p.m.

Morrison was reported missing about a week later by his family.

After Morrison’s disappearance, Fremlin said the ranch dedicated at least one staff member for the next three weeks to search the area for him."

Last edited:
I'm sort of the opinion that Ben was going riding, but not out to find stray cattle as it appears his usual procedure was to notify others of his plans.
I think maybe he was just going for a short leisurely ride and was either interrupted before the ride started or sometime during the ride. Then the horse was moved away to distract attention - and that worked for a bit.

Still no reward for info or leading to finding Ben. So many other Missing Persons have a reward, including the other missing men in and around Merritt BC

MISSING: BEN TYNER

Post from Admin and question answered about reward

This group was started around Feb 2nd, 2019. To date we have almost 4800 people praying and looking for Ben. Any information you have will be greatly appreciated. You may have the piece of the puzzle and not know how important it is .. please read post from when we started and see if it jogs your memory. Thank you everyone for all the support and love this group holds. PINNED POST: PLEASE REVIEW FOR ALL KEY INFORMATION. UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS INFORMATION COMES IN.

NAME: BEN TYNER

HEIGHT: 6'3"

WEIGHT: 240 lbs.

EYES: Brown

HAIR: Dark Brown with Beard

CLOTHING: “He’s a rancher, so we believe he was dressed for the weather, probably had proper gear, but there’s no indication that he took anything to spend the night,” He often wears a black and red woolen hat with ear flaps.

HASHTAG: #helpfindbentyner

LAST KNOWN SIGHTING: Ben was last seen on SAT-JAN-26 at 2:00 p.m. He was reported missing on MON-JAN-28 after a local hunter came across his horse, still fully-equipped.

CONTACT: Anyone with information or who may have seen a male riding in the Swakum ridge area on Saturday or Sunday is asked to contact the Merritt RCMP at 250-378-4262 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477

Thank you.

Still no reward for info or leading to finding Ben. So many other Missing Persons have a reward, including the other missing men in and around Merritt BC

MISSING: BEN TYNER

Post from Admin and question answered about reward

This group was started around Feb 2nd, 2019. To date we have almost 4800 people praying and looking for Ben. Any information you have will be greatly appreciated. You may have the piece of the puzzle and not know how important it is .. please read post from when we started and see if it jogs your memory. Thank you everyone for all the support and love this group holds. PINNED POST: PLEASE REVIEW FOR ALL KEY INFORMATION. UPDATES WILL BE POSTED AS INFORMATION COMES IN.

NAME: BEN TYNER

HEIGHT: 6'3"

WEIGHT: 240 lbs.

EYES: Brown

HAIR: Dark Brown with Beard

CLOTHING: “He’s a rancher, so we believe he was dressed for the weather, probably had proper gear, but there’s no indication that he took anything to spend the night,” He often wears a black and red woolen hat with ear flaps.

HASHTAG: #helpfindbentyner

LAST KNOWN SIGHTING: Ben was last seen on SAT-JAN-26 at 2:00 p.m. He was reported missing on MON-JAN-28 after a local hunter came across his horse, still fully-equipped.

CONTACT: Anyone with information or who may have seen a male riding in the Swakum ridge area on Saturday or Sunday is asked to contact the Merritt RCMP at 250-378-4262 or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477

Thank you.

You’re right, no reward. I notice the fundraiser to aid volunteer organizations in their search for Ben is still very active and has exceeded its goal, but no information has been released regarding future volunteer searches which will require funding.

It’s difficult to read the silence.

nope. I am still convinced that at 6'3"and 240 lbs, he was big and solid. =)

Not striking that from my bullet list for Ben's case. Never contended a large solid man, other cowboy, ranch hand, etc. couldn't take him down, nor that a weapon could not have been used. He was big and solid, probably very strong. That fact stands. Haven't ruled out much yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back