CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rbsbm.
Wondering if MS had much involvement with what would have been HS's dream home?
The price dropped.

''The pie slice-shaped lot where Honey Sherman was planning to build her dream home — more than one half-acre in the heart of Toronto’s Forest Hill neighbourhood — has sold for $7.4 million.
A builder, who plans to construct two homes, picked up the property two weeks ago, paying $900,000 less than the current listing price. A year ago, the property was first offered at $9.9 million''
I am pretty sure MS had nothing to do with the the house in Forest Hill. The Sherman kids had removed MS from anything and everything including the original house on Forest Hill Rd that was purchased.
There is information about that in the 3rd episode of KD's documentary.

So MS had HS’s schedule and calendar and all the associated details contained therein in the days before the murder.
This is the type of information that can cause reasonable doubt on someone else who goes to trial. Nothing about this case is easy. Hopefully they can find forensic data that shows how many people had access to Honey's accounts.

I am pretty sure MS had nothing to do with the the house in Forest Hill. The Sherman kids had removed MS from anything and everything including the original house on Forest Hill Rd that was purchased.
There is information about that in the 3rd episode of KD's documentary.
Hopefully MS got paid for the help she did give before she was removed, imo.
  • MAR 27, 2023
''Barry and Honey’s murders came at a time when, though Barry was facing the $580 million liability, he and Honey had authorized some major expenditures. Among them, at Honey’s urging and with Mary’s help, they were building a $30 million mansion in Forest Hill.''

''Honey was also a person who enjoyed simple pleasures — a billionaire, she nevertheless scoured golf course ravines for balls lost by other players. Yet she loved a new project and with her sister and best friend, Mary Shechtman, she conceived of the idea to leave Old Colony and build a mansion in Toronto’s posh Forest Hill neighbourhood.''

Hopefully MS got paid for the help she did give before she was removed, imo.
  • MAR 27, 2023
''Barry and Honey’s murders came at a time when, though Barry was facing the $580 million liability, he and Honey had authorized some major expenditures. Among them, at Honey’s urging and with Mary’s help, they were building a $30 million mansion in Forest Hill.''

''Honey was also a person who enjoyed simple pleasures — a billionaire, she nevertheless scoured golf course ravines for balls lost by other players. Yet she loved a new project and with her sister and best friend, Mary Shechtman, she conceived of the idea to leave Old Colony and build a mansion in Toronto’s posh Forest Hill neighbourhood.''
I think MS was paid many times over for any assistance she gave to her sister.

Just noting these things because I’ll forget them.

KD mentioned he believes Honey was home by 8:20 on Wednesday, and the WM was at the home from about 8:45-10:00 pm, based on his sources. (He also said during one Q&A that the timeline is subject to change as he learns more information.)

If KD is correct, that means Honey left the mall at around 8:10-8:15, and the WM passed by 59 Bannatyne at around 8:30 walking towards the home. (8:30 is also the approximate time Barry left Apotex to go home, he would have arrived by about 9:00).
View attachment 441547
View attachment 441548

According to the court documents, Honey’s assistant said she was upstairs talking with her and going over work as Honey was having a massage on Wednesday, so that may explain why the two iPads were found on Honey’s bed. The iPads had Honey’s schedules, emails and call activity. They were linked to a google account. Her assistant emailed Mary the password to the google account before she left on vacation.

Her assistant said Honey also kept notes of her scheduled appointments on papers clipped together, stored on her desk and she’d throw them out after the meeting. That made me think Honey wasn’t expecting a Wednesday night visitor, unless it was informal, imo. (There’s a theory that she met someone at the mall and drove home with them.) The Thursday morning visitor also seems unscheduled, her assistant said no one was expected.

Adding the screenshots of the court documents from Ann Brocklehurst’s substack. January 10th, 2018, #2 affidavit.
View attachment 441535
View attachment 441536
View attachment 441534
View attachment 441537

Noting the sources for the timelines mentioned above for WM, Barry & Honey.

In the Crave documentary, episode 4, KD said Honey arrived home at 8:20 pm. That’s the most precise he has been about that so far. Previously he reported that she arrived home around 8:00 pm.

On episode 3 at around the 22:00 mark of his podcast he said the killer or killers left the home at around 10:00 pm. The Billionaire Murders podcast Episode 3

KD said the WM was at the home between around 8:45-10:00 pm, but that information based on sources.
One example of where he has said that:
2B5B135F-FDDD-47F7-95A2-D105FD942D6B.jpeg

KD wrote that Barry sent his last email from Apotex at 8:23 pm and left shortly after that. The drive home was about 25 minutes and he arrived home by 9:00 pm. KD said the first missed call that went to voicemail on Barry’s phone was at 9:01 pm. (Episode 3 of KD’s podcast at around the 23:00 mark linked above.) Later in the podcast finale, and during a Q & A at the Star, KD said that call was from lawyer Doug Hendler of the Blaney law firm, the same law firm Honey had been emailing.

From the same story in the link above:
“Police say the Shermans were murdered between 9 p.m. and 12 midnight on Wednesday, Dec. 13, but have not said how they have determined this.”

Noting the sources for the timelines mentioned above for WM, Barry & Honey.

In the Crave documentary, episode 4, KD said Honey arrived home at 8:20 pm. That’s the most precise he has been about that so far. Previously he reported that she arrived home around 8:00 pm.

On episode 3 at around the 22:00 mark of his podcast he said the killer or killers left the home at around 10:00 pm. The Billionaire Murders podcast Episode 3

KD said the WM was at the home between around 8:45-10:00 pm, but that information based on sources.
One example of where he has said that:
View attachment 441918

KD wrote that Barry sent his last email from Apotex at 8:23 pm and left shortly after that. The drive home was about 25 minutes and he arrived home by 9:00 pm. KD said the first missed call that went to voicemail on Barry’s phone was at 9:01 pm. (Episode 3 of KD’s podcast at around the 23:00 mark linked above.) Later in the podcast finale, and during a Q & A at the Star, KD said that call was from lawyer Doug Hendler of the Blaney law firm, the same law firm Honey had been emailing.

From the same story in the link above:
“Police say the Shermans were murdered between 9 p.m. and 12 midnight on Wednesday, Dec. 13, but have not said how they have determined this.”
Considering this timeline, does it occur to anyone else that the WM didn’t leave much margin of error for Barry’s arrival? They pretty much had to subdue Honey immediately to be ready for Barry because 9pm sounds like the latest he would have got home if it’s a 25 minute drive. Hmm.

Considering this timeline, does it occur to anyone else that the WM didn’t leave much margin of error for Barry’s arrival? They pretty much had to subdue Honey immediately to be ready for Barry because 9pm sounds like the latest he would have got home if it’s a 25 minute drive. Hmm.
That leads one to wonder who knew in advance that BS would be arriving home earlier than usual that night? Someone with access to their calendar, or someone close enough to know that HS and Bs had a call with the lawyer scheduled. It sounds to me like they had a 9pm called scheduled, otherwise it would seem late for a lawyer to be calling them.

Last edited:
That leads one to wonder who knew in advance that BS would be arriving home earlier than usual that night? Someone with access to their calendar, or someone close enough to know that HS and Bs had a call with the lawyer scheduled. It sounds to me like they had a 9pm called scheduled, otherwise it would seem late for a lawyer to be calling them.
I agree - the lawyer’s call coming in at 9:01pm makes me think it was scheduled. And likely for both Barry and Honey - that is why Barry went home early to take it at home.

I actually meant, though, that the WM barely got there early enough. What if Barry had come home 10 minutes earlier? He may have beat the WM into the house, in which case subduing both B & H before one of them gets a phone call off could have been very difficult. This actually makes me agree with KD that two people were likely involved. With one not necessarily as a full-fledged lookout, but rather as a lookout even just for Barry. Alternatively, if the killer(s) could track their respective cars, the killer(s) would know when each would be arriving. Speculation/MOO.

Zip ties around the wrists and maybe for Honey duct tape on her mouth for making her unable to warn Barry?
LE didn't say, if the victim's ankles were also bound at some time, afaik.
They didn't say, duct tape was used, afaik.
I believe, first -when both victims present at 9pm- they were asked for certain information. The content of something written or the storage place of it, secret bank accounts and how to get access, code words, etc. IMO

I think MS was paid many times over for any assistance she gave to her sister.
Firstly that and secondly: why did Honey need this help at all? Friendly advice - okay. But MS seems to have had a lot more of decision-making authority. I wonder about Honey's tolerance. (About Barry's tolerance too.)

Last edited:
I agree - the lawyer’s call coming in at 9:01pm makes me think it was scheduled. And likely for both Barry and Honey - that is why Barry went home early to take it at home.

I actually meant, though, that the WM barely got there early enough. What if Barry had come home 10 minutes earlier? He may have beat the WM into the house, in which case subduing both B & H before one of them gets a phone call off could have been very difficult. This actually makes me agree with KD that two people were likely involved. With one not necessarily as a full-fledged lookout, but rather as a lookout even just for Barry. Alternatively, if the killer(s) could track their respective cars, the killer(s) would know when each would be arriving. Speculation/MOO.
But the close timing also could be a coincidence. If the target Was in fact HS, then the killer may have expected BS to still be at work, staying late as he usually did. In that case, BS may have Been killed simply because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But the close timing also could be a coincidence. If the target Was in fact HS, then the killer may have expected BS to still be at work, staying late as he usually did. In that case, BS may have Been killed simply because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
You could very well be right, but I can’t fathom a realistic scenario in which Honey is the only target. It seems too coincidental that both end up dead. MOO.

It is a small margin.

It only makes sense to me if Honey or Barry had invited someone to their home and they timed it for when Barry would arrive.

It is a small margin.

It only makes sense to me if Honey or Barry had invited someone to their home and they timed it for when Barry would arrive.
Or the killer(s) got really lucky. ie that Barry didn’t get home any earlier.

I almost think the killer(s) had to have intel/monitoring of Barry and Honey. It’s just way too risky that they could show up and Honey had an impromptu visitor. Like what if MS had dropped by ?! What would the killers do if someone else was there??

Or the killer(s) got really lucky. ie that Barry didn’t get home any earlier.

I almost think the killer(s) had to have intel/monitoring of Barry and Honey. It’s just way too risky that they could show up and Honey had an impromptu visitor. Like what if MS had dropped by ?! What would the killers do if someone else was there??
I agree, and it wouldn't be hard to follow unsuspecting people. A tracking device under the cars that could easily be removed once the murders took place. No cameras, regularly unlocked doors to the home, no or weak passwords on their devices.

If it is more than 1 perp, why do we only know of the WM?

How can the other perp not be on CCTV somewhere? They found the WM on many cameras and traced his route for 1.3 KM but they have no other reports of unidentified, suspicious people on camera?

I have always considered the perp had a weapon, a gun or knife, I think gun. If the gloves and envelope on the floor at the undergrounds garage entrance looked like they had been dropped, not thrown, I envision someone putting their hands up in the air and dropping anything in your hands. If they were grabbed and being strangled I would expect the envelope and gloves to be spread out, thrown in your surprise that someone grabbed you, and not located nicely on the floor.

With the little facts we are learning now that confirms some of our earlier conversations, I am starting to think again that every item left out was part of the staging. Like Hansel and Gretel, following the bread crumbs, HS phone to her wallet, BS paperwork and gloves, all items to show someone all was not kopostectic in the home.

With the little facts we are learning now that confirms some of our earlier conversations, I am starting to think again that every item left out was part of the staging. Like Hansel and Gretel, following the bread crumbs, HS phone to her wallet, BS paperwork and gloves, all items to show someone all was not kopostectic in the home.
rbsbm
Others may not agree, but the items always seemed staged to me, i didn't consider them as little 'telling' bread crumbs until now...i think you are right! imo, speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997