CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noting these things because I’ll forget them.

KD mentioned he believes Honey was home by 8:20 on Wednesday, and the WM was at the home from about 8:45-10:00 pm, based on his sources. (He also said during one Q&A that the timeline is subject to change as he learns more information.)

If KD is correct, that means Honey left the mall at around 8:10-8:15, and the WM passed by 59 Bannatyne at around 8:30 walking towards the home. (8:30 is also the approximate time Barry left Apotex to go home, he would have arrived by about 9:00).
A1552E87-50DF-4A47-B56E-BA844A403F2A.png
591C3488-44DD-4220-8EA0-28506E72868F.png

According to the court documents, Honey’s assistant said she was upstairs talking with her and going over work as Honey was having a massage on Wednesday, so that may explain why the two iPads were found on Honey’s bed. The iPads had Honey’s schedules, emails and call activity. They were linked to a google account. Her assistant emailed Mary the password to the google account before she left on vacation.

Her assistant said Honey also kept notes of her scheduled appointments on papers clipped together, stored on her desk and she’d throw them out after the meeting. That made me think Honey wasn’t expecting a Wednesday night visitor, unless it was informal, imo. (There’s a theory that she met someone at the mall and drove home with them.) The Thursday morning visitor also seems unscheduled, her assistant said no one was expected.

Adding the screenshots of the court documents from Ann Brocklehurst’s substack. January 10th, 2018, #2 affidavit.
3B1C2670-2CC3-46CC-8A94-B10467CBAC30.png
2396D35B-2571-4B8E-9281-CA1ACB57714E.png
94E0F838-B5EA-4B87-9A5C-DB6248E3A325.png
93E9ECA3-6335-446C-975C-5284F0E156D5.png

Her assistant said Honey also kept notes of her scheduled appointments on papers clipped together, stored on her desk and she’d throw them out after the meeting. That made me think Honey wasn’t expecting a Wednesday night visitor, unless it was informal, imo. (There’s a theory that she met someone at the mall and drove home with them.)
Or unless a “visitor” removed paper evidence of such a meeting. Speculation/MOO.

KD mentioned he believes Honey was home by 8:20 on Wednesday, and the WM was at the home from about 8:45-10:00 pm, based on his sources. (He also said during one Q&A that the timeline is subject to change as he learns more information.)

If KD is correct, that means Honey left the mall at around 8:10-8:15, and the WM passed by 59 Bannatyne at around 8:30 walking towards the home. (8:30 is also the approximate time Barry left Apotex to go home, he would have arrived by about 9:00).
View attachment 441547
View attachment 441548

According to the court documents, Honey’s assistant said she was upstairs talking with her and going over work as Honey was having a massage on Wednesday, so that may explain why the two iPads were found on Honey’s bed. The iPads had Honey’s schedules, emails and call activity. They were linked to a google account. Her assistant emailed Mary the password to the google account before she left on vacation.

Her assistant said Honey also kept notes of her scheduled appointments on papers clipped together, stored on her desk and she’d throw them out after the meeting. That made me think Honey wasn’t expecting a Wednesday night visitor, unless it was informal, imo. (There’s a theory that she met someone at the mall and drove home with them.) The Thursday morning visitor also seems unscheduled, her assistant said no one was expected.

Adding the screenshots of the court documents from Ann Brocklehurst’s substack. January 10th, 2018, #2 affidavit.
View attachment 441535
View attachment 441536
View attachment 441534
View attachment 441537
I didn't realize the NW was thought to have been there so long.

For those of you who have read Ann Brocklehurst’s latest posts on this case, you may have gleaned that she doesn’t seem to consider JS as a person of interest but rather has other ideas about the culprit(s), whom she has not yet clearly identified outright AFAIK. In her last post, (found here: What if we've been thinking about the Sherman murders all wrong? Part 1), she focuses on various litigations in which Honey and MS were parties. The insinuation from this post (MOO) was that MS may be a potential option.

I noticed the comments to her post this morning and thought I’d share. Ann plainly states that she does not consider MS a culprit:

1692360537064.jpeg

View attachment 441547
View attachment 441548

View attachment 441535
View attachment 441536
View attachment 441534
View attachment 441537
Great post Thank you!

At the top you shared:

1st this means HS was home before perp/WM entry to 50 OC. What time was the alarm system turned OFF? it is redacted so we do not know that detail today.

Why turn off the alarm if HS had already deactivated it when she came in? Was this to allow the perp to leave without the system registering it?

So IMO we now have some idea how long the perp(s) were inside. One hour and fifteen minutes. That is a long time. What went on and why?

To me it makes sense that they were not immediately killed upon entry, the hands restricted, coats used to hold arms down, IMO means to control, yes it could be to guide them down a hallway to the pool room, but that would not take 1 hour and 15 mins. Was that how long it took to come up with a staging idea and then set it up? or did they want to communicate with them but not allow them to freely move or fight back when strangled.

rbbm.
''I have never understood why no one involved in the Sherman case ever made the point Judge Moreno did and told the Goodmans lawyers, who handicapped this investigation in a way that may still be having negative effects, to take a hike. The privilege, after all, belonged to Apotex, which was, at the time, owned by the Sherman children. They had every right to waive privilege to enable the police to conduct a proper and timely investigation of their parents’ deaths.

Did the Shermans and Apotex executives like Jack Kay not realize the consequences of Goodmans’ actions? Shouldn’t the police or the Crown Attorneys have pointed this out? Was someone else at Apotex supporting the Goodmans’ position? And if so, who was it and why?''

For those of you who have read Ann Brocklehurst’s latest posts on this case, you may have gleaned that she doesn’t seem to consider JS as a person of interest but rather has other ideas about the culprit(s), whom she has not yet clearly identified outright AFAIK. In her last post, (found here: What if we've been thinking about the Sherman murders all wrong? Part 1), she focuses on various litigations in which Honey and MS were parties. The insinuation from this post (MOO) was that MS may be a potential option.

I noticed the comments to her post this morning and thought I’d share. Ann plainly states that she does not consider MS a culprit:

View attachment 441665

I thought AB’s substack post about Honey possibly being the main target was interesting. I hadn’t heard of the Miami lawsuit involving Honey, but I think the judgement shows that it is possible Honey’s and Mary’s business practices exposed them to risk, imo.

A couple of years ago on Canlii I found one of the lawsuits AB mentioned that Mary was involved in. The lawsuit was filed by a syndicate of condo owners against Mary, her daughter and husband, although Mary was found to be the main culprit. She had shoddy work done without a permit to a condo and she was found to be deceptive and had harassed the other condo owners, according to the judge.

An interesting detail is that her and Honey’s cousin Joseph Cohen was the contractor involved. When the Shermans’ bodies were found Mary called him and he called 911 to tell them he was 12 minutes away and was going to the home.

In the lawsuit the judge found that Cohen also had lied to the court and was deceptive during the renovation that went wrong.

C966A390-171E-4EFB-98AD-D974701B7703.png
A6093DB9-9DC7-474B-8C19-2BFBC9A09A2E.png
4DB7B2E4-B85E-4C53-A222-3F5EBC34327E.png

Mary told the police that the murders may have been racially motivated because of disparaging comments Honey made to workers at 50 Old Colony. I think it’s more likely that, according to the courts, Mary and Honey had some deceptive and aggressive practices involving real estate that may have created enemies or exposed them to the wrong people, imo.

Great post Thank you!

At the top you shared:

1st this means HS was home before perp/WM entry to 50 OC. What time was the alarm system turned OFF? it is redacted so we do not know that detail today.

Why turn off the alarm if HS had already deactivated it when she came in? Was this to allow the perp to leave without the system registering it?

So IMO we now have some idea how long the perp(s) were inside. One hour and fifteen minutes. That is a long time. What went on and why?

To me it makes sense that they were not immediately killed upon entry, the hands restricted, coats used to hold arms down, IMO means to control, yes it could be to guide them down a hallway to the pool room, but that would not take 1 hour and 15 mins. Was that how long it took to come up with a staging idea and then set it up? or did they want to communicate with them but not allow them to freely move or fight back when strangled.
I bet Honey didn't bother turning the alarm back on because Barry was on his way. They were so lax with security and even if they weren't, they might be the type of people to only turn it on at night when they go to bed or when they leave the house.

After reading that the NW was likely there over an hour, I also think they weren't killed immediately. That's exactly why they needed to bind their hands. So now it comes to why use the belts. If you've killed them and taken the ties away, what is the significance of hanging them by the railing when they could have just been left lying by the pool? What reason or benefit would there have been to do that?

Last edited:
I thought AB’s substack post about Honey possibly being the main target was interesting. I hadn’t heard of the Miami lawsuit involving Honey, but I think the judgement shows that it is possible Honey’s and Mary’s business practices exposed them to risk, imo.

Mary told the police that the murders may have been racially motivated because of disparaging comments Honey made to workers at 50 Old Colony. I think it’s more likely that, according to the courts, Mary and Honey had some deceptive and aggressive practices involving real estate that may have created enemies or exposed them to the wrong people, imo.
Rbsbm.
Wondering if MS had much involvement with what would have been HS's dream home?
The price dropped.

''The pie slice-shaped lot where Honey Sherman was planning to build her dream home — more than one half-acre in the heart of Toronto’s Forest Hill neighbourhood — has sold for $7.4 million.
A builder, who plans to construct two homes, picked up the property two weeks ago, paying $900,000 less than the current listing price. A year ago, the property was first offered at $9.9 million''

Rbsbm.
Wondering if MS had much involvement with what would have been HS's dream home?
The price dropped.

''The pie slice-shaped lot where Honey Sherman was planning to build her dream home — more than one half-acre in the heart of Toronto’s Forest Hill neighbourhood — has sold for $7.4 million.
A builder, who plans to construct two homes, picked up the property two weeks ago, paying $900,000 less than the current listing price. A year ago, the property was first offered at $9.9 million''
That's likely the Toronto market. For the first time in a while, we're seeing houses listed for under a million. In 2020 we sold my mom's house to a builder and he tore it down to put up 2. One is still incomplete and the other has been on the market for 2 months and all they've done is drop the price.

View attachment 441547
View attachment 441548

View attachment 441535
View attachment 441536
View attachment 441534
View attachment 441537
So MS had HS’s schedule and calendar and all the associated details contained therein in the days before the murder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member